Birds Identified

Par korawritestories

A little book I put together using my photography pictures and googles fantastic detail descriptions of these... Plus

House Wren
American Goldfinch
Blue Jay
Northern Flicker
House Sparrow
American Robin
American Kestrel
The Black-billed Magpie
Broad-tailed Hummingbird
Grey Jay
Mountain Chickadee
Rock Dove
Red-tailed Hawk
Canada Goose
Whooping Crane
Ferruginous Hawk
European Starling
Eurasian Collared-dove
Common Buzzard
Downy Woodpecker
Barn Swallow
Mottled Duck
Social Flycatcher
House Finch
Greater White-fronted Goose
Feral Pigeon
Cormorant
Gadwall
Red-winged Blackbird
Raven
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Swainson's Hawk
Parlor Roller
Little Egret

Loggerhead Shrike

6 0 0
Par korawritestories

Picture is above
Photo credit: Me

Loggerhead Shrike Description:

The Loggerhead shrike is a medium-sized passerine. "Loggerhead" refers to the relatively large size of the head as compared to the rest of the body. It measures approximately 9 inches from bill to tail. The wing and tail length is about 3.82 and 3.87 inches long, respectively.

The adult plumage of the Loggerhead Shrike is grey above, with a white to pale grey breast and black tarsi and feet. The bird possesses a black mask that extends across the eyes to its bill. The wings are black, with a distinct white patch on the primaries. The tail is black edged with white and the irises are brown. The beak is short, black, and hooked, and contains a tomial tooth to help tear into prey. It is difficult to sex an adult Loggerhead Shrike in the field, as they are sexually monochromatic. However, several studies have reported sexual dimorphism in plumage and size traits. Juveniles possess a paler gray plumage that is subtly vermiculated.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
The Boyfriend App Par Mon D Rea

Roman pour Adolescents

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
55.5K 2.3K 22
Story about a married couple who's life was so toxic to live in. ⚠️ !!!𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡!!!⚠️ ♡ This story is going to contain domēstic abu$e, so r...