WolfChild: Illusions of Silve...

Wolflover12 द्वारा

**Book three, please start with the first book** One year later..... The leader of the Darks: dead. Werewol... अधिक

WolfChild: Illusions of Silver [book 3]
Chapter 3: Something's up
Chapter 4: Awaken
Chapter 5: Isn't Adding Up....
Chapter 6: "Oh, well just call me Rain."
Chapter 7: Vampire Blood?
Chapter 8: The Wolf
Chapter 9: They Finally Meet
Chapter 10: Confusion
Chapter Eleven: Found?
Chapter 12: Falling into place
Chapter 13: "I'm alive"

Chapter 2: Another Guardian

121 5 0
Wolflover12 द्वारा

Enjoy,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicole's POV

Jake and me left the pack house and headed into the woods in the direction of my house. Once we were deep enough in the woods we shifted into our wolves, Jake jumped ahead as he shifted so he could be in the lead. I didn't care. Once he shifted I forget what his wolf looked like. His wolf was a dark grey and he haves intense black eyes. He was getting bigger, maybe because he's going to be Alpha in a few years.

I shifted right after him shaking my fur out a bit. The night were getting colder as winter comes on. We started to walk, neither of us made noise. That was until Jake stopped and looked over his shoulder at me. I stopped also looking up at him from the ground confused. He shook his head at me then we continued walking, I stared at the ground kicking the dead leaves every once in a while. I saw a shadow from the corner of my eye. I froze and looked over. Jake noticed and stopped looking over then he sniffed the air.

"It's just a fox." He said and I looked at him and blinked. Oh, a fox. He narrowed his eyes at me and I just swallowed a lump in my throat before continuing to walk passing Jake who was staring at me confused. I suddenly stopped and looked back at him.

"You coming?" I asked and he nodded his head quickly like he was just thinking. He ran up to me but he was slightly ahead.

"Earlier, when talking to the old man. You were going to say something else." He said and I shook my head. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Lair."

"I don't want to talk about it ok!" I spoke up glaring at him and he looked at me.

"Well maybe I do." He growled and my eyes widened at what I saw. His eyes turned a bright red for just a second before going back to his normal wolf black eyes. I stepped away from him shocked and he blinked dazzled before looking at me. "It's just you need an older sibling to help you. "

"What, Derek is fine, he's teaching me stuff." I said and he shook his head.

"I mean an older sibling to tell you what to do. Plus Derek is going through his Alpha shifting so he really isn't looking after you. So I'm going to step in until he can control it. First off, maybe I should talk to Brent and Sally about you being home-schooled, you should get back to going to a public school as a first step. Then..." He stopped thinking and I raised an eyebrow.

"And?" I questioned.

"I don't know yet. Let's just start with that." He mumbled annoyed.

"I really don't want to." I added and he glanced at me as we started to walk again.

"Why not?"

"Because..." I stopped and Jake was now the one raising an eyebrow.

"Well, then I talk to them about it." He said and I looked at him, he smiled lightly. "So how about it, what else were you going to say back there when talking to the old man?"

"I-I don't remember." I said and he looked at me for a few seconds before nodding his head. We fell quiet again and for the rest of the walk. I stared at the ground kicking leaves every five steps and Jake seemed to be thinking to himself. Once I saw the light of my house, Jake did also.

"Ok , well your home safe and sound. I should get heading back, Sammy is waiting for me." He smiled saying bye to me and I said goodnight to him before he ran off to the woods towards the pack house. I glanced back at the woods thinking of weather or not to go for a quick run around. Then I remember that it's late and Derek is in the woods. I exhaled a breath and turned around heading to the house.

"Hey Silverest."

"Ahh!" I gasped jumping back from the voice and he chuckled. I quickly relaxed know the voice. "What now Seth?" I asked annoyed and he chuckled again licking his lips, I notice blood smeared around his mouth from his last meal, it smells like he caught a rabbit.

"Nothing, just over heard you and Jake talking." He shrugged his shoulders and I groaned annoyed at him.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Out catching something to eat and I heard you guys talking about something interesting. So I decided to ease drop." He said and I glare at him. "Any who about the other sibling thing."

"What?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"I've lived longer the Jake and know what it's like to lose a sibling." He started, I stared at him weird.

"Huh?" I questioned about the sibling thing.

"Long story, trust me. Any who I know it's hard to lose a sibling and having to go through it, especially for a werewolf. If I'm right on this, when someone in the family dies the whole family gets this pain in their chest right?"

"That's the problem." I mumbled and he stopped looking down at me.

"What problem?"

"I don't feel it anymore."

"That feeling? Can you descripe it to me." He asked and I nodded my head.

"When Drake died. It felt like a truck ran over my chest and my nerves twisted around my heart squeezing it, but as the months went on the feeling started to fade away now I just feel numb." I told him and he nodded his head interested.

"I've heard that the family members try dealing with the pain though and it could take years before it fades." He added and I nodded knowing that. "But with you...Maybe you mind made you feel numb because of the pain. You were very close to your brother Drake." He added and I smiled lightly.

"That's another thing that bugs me." I mumbled.

"Drake?" He questioned and I nodded my head.

"I feel like he isn't dead, like he's still alive." I whispered and he glanced down at my neck, I looked down to see Drake's wolf tooth dangling from my neck. I never took this off because of how important it is to me. Maybe it could be the necklace that makes me feel that way.

"Well it's getting late and I'm still hungry." Seth spoke up while I stared at the necklace. I looked up at him and he smiled lightly.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Sure, see ya Seth." I smiled saying bye before he left heading into the woods. I turned to the woods determining weather to go for a run or not. I looked back at he house then exhaled a breath turning to the house shifting back. I walked up to the back door and entered to house. I went over to the kitchen to find mom and dad sitting at the table talking. They fell silent when I entered the kitchen.

"Hey dear, how are you?" Mom smiled lightly, I shrugged my shoulders.

"Ok, how are you guys?" I asked.

"Where's Derek?" Dad questions noticing he wasn't here. I pointing to the door.

"Shifting." I answered him, he nodded his head.

"Well, you hungry?" My mom asked and I shook my head,

"No, I ate before leaving with Derek earlier. I'm tired now and feel like getting some sleep." I told them and they nodded. I said goodnight to them before heading up to my room. I ran up the stairs and closed the door to my room then exhaled a long breath tired. Rubbing my eyes I went over to my dresser and changed into grey sweatpants and a light purple t-shirt. I throw my head into a pony tail and climb into my bed laying on my back so I was staring up at the ceiling.

I closed my eyes trying to fall asleep but couldn't. After five minutes, I turned onto my side now staring out the window that showed the forest. A painful howl echoed in the woods and I flinched at the noise. Derek. It seems to be in a lot of pain. I inhaled and exhaled a breath trying to think of something else other then Derek, Drake, Darks, and my dreams. Yes, I noticed that those four all start with 'D'. I call then the Dangerous D's but I don't see what's so dangerous about them... except for the last two.

About an hour later and still no sleep. I hear Derek stumbling up the stairs and dad helping him. The old man speaking in a whisper but I didn't bother listen. I kept staring at the wall then inhaled and exhaled a breath, Drake's sent seems to still be lingering in my room. I sighed biting my lip from crying. I can never stop thinking of him.

Another hour passes and I can't take it anymore, it feels like the walls in my room are getting smaller and Drake's sent seems to be getting stronger. I sit up in bed and listen for a minute. Everyone seems to be asleep, there's no noise. I get out of my bed and go over to my dresser putting on some socks and then a pair of shoes before sneaking out of my room and downstairs.

I go out the back door and sprint into the woods. I quickly shift into my wolf and shake my fur before running off towards where the river is about a mile in the woods. I kept running, jumping over dead trees and large rocks, pass wild animals like deer, foxes, and owls. I start to get out of breath a few minutes later but didn't mind. About three minutes later I find the river and then go left down the river towards the waterfall a twenty minute run. I slow down a bit but not much as I continued to run for the next twenty minutes.

I jump across the river landing on the other side then jump onto the rock wall and off that onto the ground. I shifted back getting up and looked around breathing deeply. I smile lightly before turning around to the entrance of the cave that's under the stairs. I enter and a few second later I'm under the waterfall. The noise overpowers the cave, but it's peaceful. I exhale a breath laying down on the ground. The rock floor warm like the walls, but not like the air that bit at my skin but I didn't mind. Even though werewolves don't like the cold and it's suppose to be bad for us. I don't care.

I laid down and looked up at the ceiling closing my eyes, my hands under my head.

A week after Drake died I couldn't get any sleep what so ever. I would wake up screaming or crying from the dreams I would have. The dreams scared me that I couldn't sleep. I would have nightmares of Drake being killed, Derek being killed, the whole pack being killed before my eyes. Every nightmare it was something different, bullets, swords, knives...fire. It just kept getting worst. Then the pack doctor had me on some sleeping pills because she thought because of me being sleepless and me being scared that the dreams got worst.

Well she was wrong, the nightmares got terrifying, dark, and evil. I couldn't even wake up from the nightmares I had with the sleeping pills. Three days after being put on them I started screaming and crying but I wouldn't wake. Derek ran to me room along with mom and dad and they tried to wake me up but I wouldn't. Derek then had my parents leave before going into my head. He saw a killer nightmares I had,

Of me killing Drake.

Of me killing him and the pack.

He managed to stop me from screaming but I wouldn't stop crying and shaking, as he said. This may sound weird but he spent that night sleeping in my room with me in my bed. I didn't wake the rest of the night or scream. In fact the nightmares faded somehow with him sleeping next to me. Like he blocked them out somehow just from his presents. When I woke up that morning he had his arms wrapped around me in a protective way. He told me that I might of not of had nightmares because he was close and my mind knew he wouldn't real be killed. In easier terms, with him next to me it brought me back to reality.

It was like that for the next week, Derek sleep with me and I didn't have any nightmares or even dreams at that. For once I had no dreams. It felt peaceful and I could sleep without waking up. Then Derek wanted me to try to sleep by myself to see how I would do and I agreed on it. That night I don't think I didn't have any dreams, I was happy that I could finally get some sleep but as the weeks went on the dreams started to come back. But it was only my old dream. Of me being chased by the four wolves.

I woke up one night from that dream itching to go for a run, so I did. I ran out into the woods and while I ran I didn't notice that I ran all the way to the waterfall that I haven't seen in months. I ended up falling asleep there that night and ever night afterwards I would wake up and come here to sleep. Three weeks ago the dream changed and only two wolves were now chasing after me.

I like the waterfall, it's very peaceful and the pack doesn't come here much but I still go every night even though it would be the middle of the night. I even lost some weight from all the running, which means I would eat more. No one knows that I come here to sleep every single night. If they did than they would think that something is up.

I woke up to a noise that didn't sound normal. I opening my eyes and rubbed them sitting up, it looked that the sun would be up in an hour. I felt something slide down my arm and I flinched back looking down only to see that a thick black jacket was laying on my lap. I stared at it, it was just a black jacket. I picked it up slowly and sniffed it. It smelled like the woods and a wolf. A male werewolf, I looked around the cave but saw that no one was in the room. I stood up losing my balance for a second but didn't fall. I grabbing the jacket and sniffed the air. He was in here. I followed the sent outside and then looked around. The sent is all over the place like he walked everywhere.

I slowly went around the rock wall and up the stair follow one trail and then found the werewolf. He was laying down on the rock wall with his legs dangling over the edge and his hands under his head. He looked to be my age maybe a year older. He was wearing faded jeans, black work boots, and a dark grey t-shirt. Then he had blond hair and somewhat tanned skin. I bit my lip at the dark clothing he was wearing. Could he possibly be a werewolf hunter that Darks caught also, like Derek was?

He turned his head looking at me and I flinched back. He had pale brown eyes, and was looking at me with an eyebrow raised. He got up and I stepped back away from him ready to run.

"Hi, Silverest." He spoke smiling lightly and I tensed up stepping back again. He looked at me weird.

"Who are you and what pack are you from?" I asked quickly and he looked at me for a second. The only reason I asked that was so I can tell the old man and Jake this and they might know who this guy is and if he's bad or not.

"My name's Mark Speed." He answered and I waited for him to answer his pack name but he didn't.

"What about you pack?" I asked, he bit his lip.

"Uh..The Firewood Pack." He answered and I nodded my head.

"My name's Nicole." I told him and he smiled lightly. "What are you doing here?"

"I just took a run and I found this, then you sleeping in the cave behind that wall of water. You seemed cold so I gave you my jacket. I came out here and waited for you to wake." He told me and I looked at him to see if he was lying but he didn't seem to be. I told a step closer to him and gave him his jacket back.

"Thanks." I said and he smiled then came over to me and I quickly back away.

"I'm not going to do anything. " He said before coming up and went behind me putting his jacket around my shoulders. "It's just that you look cold." He said from behind me then I turned around to face him. He smiled again.

"I'm fine without it, thanks thought." I said lightly and before I could take the jacket off he grabbed my wrist and I felt heat go up my arm quickly and surround me. Mark stepped away from me staring at his hand. I stared at him confused remember feeling that feeling once before. When Peter first held me, I felt myself being surround by warmth.

"Did-did you feel that?" He asked and I nodded my head. He looked at his arm thinking and then looked up at me confused a minute later. "That wasn't, your not my mate?" He questioned and I quickly shook my head.

"Mates share a electric kind of touch, this was warmth."

"You seem to know something I don't know." He questioned and I bit my lip looking down at the ground. "What?" He said and I looked up when I heard a stick break. I quickly turned around and saw Jake running towards my direction with fast speed. He jumped at Mark with a deep growl and they both fell off the rock wall and down to the ground below. I froze shocked as Jake shifted back pinning Mark's hands above his head, still growling.

"Why are you here?" Jake growled and Mark looked at him shocked. I jumped off the rock wall and ran up to Jake trying to push him off Mark but he was way stronger. "Why are you here?" Jake repeated.

"I was just going for a run and I found this place ok." Mark answered and Jake growled at him.

"Jake, he isn't doing anything wrong." I told him and Jake glanced at me.

"He's a rouge Nicole." He told me and I looked at Mark. He looked at me with pleading eyes. Mark started to struggle to get away from Jake and then Jake kneed him in the stomach. I gasped as Mark growled then shifted breathing deeply.

I froze staring at Mark's wolf. His wolf was a light grey and he had pale green eyes. Like the one wolf in my dream. Jake quickly shifted and was about to jump at him. Without thinking I jumped in front of Jake as he jump and he hit me. I hit the ground as the air left my lungs. I then gasped for air.

"Nicole, child are you ok?" Jake asked frantic and worried. I tried to nod my head but stopped grabbing my head and whimpered. "Nicole, why did you do that? That rouge he got away." He said and I felt my eyes water. He exhaled a breath then picked my up, one arm under my knees and the other under my head. "Shh, calm down. I'm bring you to the pack doctor, ok." He said and I whimpered again.

"Jake." I asked my voice cracked a bit.

"What?" He asked.

"That rouge, Mark, he's one of Silverest's Guardians." I told him before falling into darkness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! I'm going to kill my older brother!!!( I'm just over reacting) He shut down my computer as a joke and I lost my completed chapter of chapter two of Illusions of Silver and I had to write it up all over again and I'm soooo stressed out right now. I spent the whole week writing up chapter two to make it perfect and I lost it because of him. So I spent the last four hours trying to remember what I had for the chapter and as I reread it, this isn't as good as the first. Honestly I freakin' hate rewriting or redoing something it bugs the heck out of me.

any who,

Comment.Vote.Fan.Please.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

53.6K 2.4K 36
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
33.8K 385 39
"We are just friends!", "You sure about that?"
Mr. Lucifer Ms. Princess Anonymous द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

159K 5.8K 61
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
37.6K 1.6K 18
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 🏆