Why Him? Why Her? (Finished)

Por LadyJellyBean

Everybody knows that Draco Malfoy is Hogwart's biggest bully. But Renee Sparks, a Gryffindor, wonders why on... Más

Chapter One: Knowing Her
Chapter Two: Re-opening of the Chamber
Chapter Three: The Heir of Slytherin
Chapter Four: Stone Statues
Chapter Five: Getting Involved
Chapter Six: Into the Dungeons
Chapter Seven: The Fight
Chapter Eight: Trip To The Lavatory
Chapter Nine: Sandwiches and Pumpkin Juices
Chapter Ten: Salazar Slytherin
Chapter Eleven: The Great Pretender
Chapter Twelve: The Interscholastic Exchange
Chapter Fourteen: Trip to the Chamber
Chapter Fifteen: Memory
Chapter Sixteen: Medusa
Chapter Seventeen: The Tale in the Past
Chapter Eighteen: The sword of the Lions
Chapter Nineteen: Bouillabaisse
Chapter Twenty: Ever Ever After

Chapter Thirteen: Confessions and Quidditch

11.7K 236 202
Por LadyJellyBean

After Transfiguration, I resumed my search for Cedric. I almost already gave up until I reached the quidditch pitch. I saw him riding on his broom flying around. Then I remembered the upcoming quidditch match later today.

"Hey Diggory!" I called out while shading my eyes from the sun.

He looked down and furrowed his brows a bit before he smiled and flew next to me. "Hey Sparks, I thought it wasn't you. Anyway, what's up?"

I stared at the ground as he dismount his broom. "Uhmm.. I..It's about the thing that happened earlier.."

"Earlier? What is it?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

"About what you saw..me and Draco..I.."

A surprised look spread upon his face and he let out a chuckle "Oh? I wonder why you're saying this to me. But I guess we'll be having a little talk. Come on." He said as I followed him near a shady tree. When both of us were settled I took a deep breath.

"Well..I saw you and you looked.. unhappy..I didn't know what to think of your reaction so I thought it would be better if I clear things up." I started.

He laughed a little and said "Me? Unhappy? Oh no.. no really. I just realized I haven't practiced that well this past few days but I reassure you. I'm not..ermm.. as you put it unhappy.. Really."

I was stunned. I really thought he was affected by it. To tell you the truth, I thought he kinda liked me. "So you mean you're not..ermm.. jealous? Or you.. you haven't felt anything? I mean.. I'm not saying that..I..you.." I stammered.

His face turned serious and looked at me in the eye. "Listen, Sparks. You're really really a great girl. And I'm terribly sorry if you felt that I was leading you unto something but, I just don't feel the same way. I know you know who's in my heart at the moment. It's Hermione. I'm sorry but right now, the farthest thing we can have is friendship. I'm sorry Renee.."

"Oh! I.. no.. It's.. it's okay.. I didn't mean it that way.. I never expected anything more from you Cedric. And I know you still fancy Hermione, not that I can't blame you of course. But here's the thing..." I said then paused.

~It's now or never..~

"Cedric. You're an awesome person. I'm sure you're aware of that. I would be lying to you and to myself if I deny that I don't..that I'm not..that I wasn't crushing on you this past week. Or weeks in that case but-" I bit my lip and stared on the ground, unsure if I should continue or not. I was blushing terribly.

But instead of being angry and shouting at me, he laughed good-naturedly and said, "don't you think I have already figured that out? But Renee, I didn't give any meaning to that. I turned a blind eye because I know you. You don't like me. I know it. You're young, and you're looking for distractions because you're scared. Scared to really fall for someone."

"You knew?! Well, I can say you're good at hiding it and really I like you. Really really do. But not to the extreme.. I mean not now, in the past maybe but I guess you're right. I'm scared to admit everything to myself. I know I like you but not that kind of like. It's just so..so complicated right now." I sighed.

"Hey, don't worry. I know what you're going through. Trust me."

"I do." I said, smiling. Then I shook my head "Well, I think I've kept you long enough. You should go. Go practice. I wouldn't want you to lose just because of me."

"Even if I have to beat the Slyths? Meaning you're 'Sweetie'?" He asked teasingly.

I swat him playfully and said "That! Ugh I don't know why he did that but.. go get him for me, will you?"

"Of course. I will."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~"""""""""""""""~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, almost everyone crowded outside to watch the quidditch match. It was Hufflepuffs vs. Slytherins. I knew how nervous Cedric was but I'm sure he'll manage. I was worried about Draco though. I think his foot is not in a good condition.

Shaking away the thought, I settled into my seat and waited for the match to start. As the game started, All players rose in the air. My eyes drifted to Draco though, he was hardly a few feet of the ground and he shook his head in dismay. I saw his bandaged foot and instantly felt guilty.

"Ha! It looks like the snakes will have trouble catching the snitch because of Malfoy's injured foot. I wonder if he'll be able to take flight." Lee Jordan commented just before winking at me subtly.

I felt relieved when Cedric flew near Malfoy and helped him ascend. There were 'ooh's and 'aahh's and some 'boo's in the crowd. But I know most of them are taken aback.

"Wh-What?! Now these two are sharing something quite..surprising.. There! The slyth seeker finally goes off in search of the snitch." Lee said.

I watched carefully and was on the edge of my seat. The snakes were playing good and surprisingly fair. But the Badgers are catching up. Just 60 points left to tie the match.

~Go..You can do it..~

Then suddenly I caught a glimpse of something glimmering just a few meters away from the two seekers.

~The golden snitch! If Cedric sees it..can he?~

Then just like on a cue, both of them turned around to see it. Cedric and Malfoy rushed to it with hands outstretched. Cedric was closing the gap between him and victory with Malfoy on his tail. Diggory was now leaning furiously on his broom. A desperate look spread throughout Draco's face and he took the risk. He tried to balance himself on his broomstick. He was succeeding at first but as he gains speed, he wobbles slightly slips.

He held on to his broomstick with one arm. I gasped and watched as he was dangerously close to falling while Diggory, with a firm look on his face, tries to reach the snitch just a few inches away from him.

"Woah! And he's about to fall!!" Lee exclaimed.

The snitch was almost touching Cedric's hand but when he heard Lee, His face turned alert as he swerved back to Draco whose fingers are slowly slipping away from his broom. Diggory leaned in to his broomstick now reaching his hand for Draco. The Slyth seeker extended his arm towards the puff but his hand gave away. My heart leaped into my throat as Draco fell from his broom. I clenched my fist and bit into my lip, silently praying. I closed my eyes waiting what will happen next.

For what seems like hours. The crowd erupted into a cheer!

"And he was saved!!"

I opened my eyes slowly as the crowd broke into an applause. I saw Cedric grinning wildly as he descent his broom carrying Draco with his fist enclosed into something shiny.

~He caught the snitch!~

I stood up and rushed to the two seekers. I engaged Cedric into a tight hug, while Lee announces the Hufflepuffs' victory. I pulled away, slightly embarrassed.

"Ermm. that was meant to be a friendly hug." I said, not looking at him.

He lifted my chin up and said "Of course! And just because you admitted you had a crush on me once doesn't stop us from being friends. And from sharing Friendly hugs." I smiled as he gave me another hug.

We were there in that position when both of us suddenly pulled away because of Draco.

"Ouch!! My feet. And my legs! Oh...my fingers hurt! I'm aching all over." Draco groaned.

I knelt beside him and I whacked his arm. "Don't you ever do that again, Malfoy!"

"What?"

"Slipping off you're broom! I was so..so.." I stammered.

He grinned a little and asked teasingly "So? You were so.? So what?"

My mouth hang open as I slowly stood up brushing myself. "I..I was so happy! Oh I could have died of happiness!" I said sarcastically.

He stood up beside me and whispered in my ear "If I know, you were worried for me."

"Am not!"

"I would say you were, Sparks. Just by your expression. If I know you that hug you gave me was a thank you hug for me saving Draco." Cedric said, with a hint of mischief in his voice.

"Was not!"

"Why so defensive?" Draco asked, teasingly.

"Yeah.." Cedric agreed.

"Ugh! Boys! And quidditch! Ugh!!" I said, stomping off leaving the two snickering.

But little did they know, I just didn't want them to see me as a smile broke from my lips.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3M 178K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
17.8K 314 36
Here are some preferences about NHL players, enjoy 😊
1.7M 38.6K 32
Samantha Baker changes schools for year five and starts Hogwarts. She befriends Neville Longbottom on the train and seems to fit in much better than...
47.5K 1.1K 17
A young girl named Y/n Everglade has been best friends with a boy named Draco Malfoy ever since they were little kids. When they go to Hogwarts thing...