Their Next Chapter

Από donmaryfan

This story follows Love is the Best Medicine. I wrote this about 4 years ago. I only have a few chapters of i... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85

Chapter 61

1.1K 32 2
Από donmaryfan

"What did you say to your father?" Ben asked Mamie as she walked into their bedroom from the bathroom that night.

Mamie shook her head as she put down her phone on her bedside table. "What are you talking about?"

"I just called him to ask if I could borrow his clubs and he said something about me hurting you and insinuated I was having an affair." Ben was furious. "What in the hell is going on? I thought we agreed to keep our problems to ourselves."

Mamie started packing her bag for Indianapolis. "We also agreed we would work on things. How are we supposed to work on things if you are never here? This is the first night you've been in OUR bed in I don't know how long. I'm not going to lie to my parents. You haven't seen or talked to them since Christmas; and aren't going to Indy this weekend. My mom was concerned."

"You shouldn't talk to your parents about me, Mary Willa." Ben exploded.

Mamie began packing even faster. "They're MY parents. Why the hell do you care?"

"Your parents can make my life a living hell." Ben yelled. "They can ruin my career."

Mamie laughed as she went into the bathroom to get some things. "Have you even MET my parents? They aren't going to say or do anything. They don't want drama; they don't want their kids to have drama."

"You created this drama." Ben yelled. "And you're going to fucking fix it?"

Mamie's eyes got huge. "I CREATED THIS? How in the hell did I create this? I am the one in our home, and bed, every night waiting for you to come home. I am the one taking roles I really don't want in order to have more time for you. I am the one doing EVERYTHING I know to get pregnant to make YOU happy. Yet, the only time when you touch me is because you have to touch me to fuck me and get me pregnant; and that's exactly what is, Benjamin: it's fucking. There aren't any feelings. You save the feelings for her, don't you?"

"You're nuts." Ben said.

Mamie went over to him. "If I'm so nuts then why are there all these charges to our credit card?Hotels, restaurants, gifts-all places from here in the city though it has nothing to do with me. You didn't even get me anything for Christmas! I think you only went to Mom's Kennedy Center Honors for recognition. That will help your career won't it? Being the dutiful son-in-law of the great Meryl Streep; that will sure get you roles."

"You are such a spoiled little bitch." Ben yelled. "You drag my name through the mud and I'll drag all the Streeps and Gummers with me. I want 75% of everything we have."

Mamie continued to pack her bag. "What in the hell? Almost EVERYTHING we have is thanks to the trust from my parents as well as Grandma Mary and Grandpa Harry. You brought NOTHING into this marriage. I purchased the apartment and our cars and EVERYTHING. You're lucky to even get a fucking role."

"Fuck you." Ben hissed.

Mamie continued packing her things. "You're the worst fuck ever; maybe whatever her name is gets it better than I do. We're done. You, Benjamin Walker are so fucking done. I want you out of MY apartment by the time I get back from Indy. If you're not; you'll be removed."

"I don't need to listen to this." Ben stormed out. 

Mamie slammed the door behind him as she burst into tears. She looked around and felt overwhelmed. She didn't know what to do; she just wanted to go home, to a home she felt safe in.

***

Don was awoken from his deep slumber thinking he heard a door close. He immediately looked over and Meryl was still in bed beside him; so he figured he was just hearing things. Just as he was about to curl up next to his wife and go back to sleep he heard footsteps on the stairs. That is when he knew he wasn't dreaming or imagining things. He was glad that Meryl was still asleep, he hoped that he could take care of whoever it was before she woke up. He got into their closet to grab the baseball bat he kept there. Just as he was about to walk out of their bedroom the door opened at their oldest daughter was standing there with a bag, in tears. Don immediately put down the bat. "Shit Mames, you scared me. Are you okay, Mamie girl?"

"I needed to come home." Mamie sobbed.

Don immediately took her into his arms and comforted her. "This will always be your home, sweetheart. You stay as long as you want. This trip to Indy is coming at a good time, huh?"

"Yeah, it is." Mamie sobbed into her father's chest.

Meryl could hear her baby girl crying. She tried to wake up. "Did you have a bad dream, sweetie?"

"I wish it was just a bad dream, Mama." Mamie cried as she kicked off her shoes.

Meryl woke up fully to realize it was a grown up Mamie who was crying; not a little girl Mamie. Meryl pulled back the covers and reached out to her pajama covered oldest daughter. "Come here, sweetie girl."

"It's over, Mama." Mamie cried as he mother held her tight. "He's going to try to take me for everything and drag our family names through the mud."

Don was trying not to get mad as he knew it wouldn't help Mamie. "He doesn't have a prayer."

"Your daddy's right." Meryl said with a kiss to Mamie's head. "Your dad and Larry won't let that happen. What happened, sweetheart?"

Don was afraid he knew. "Is it because I went off on him?"

"It started out that way." Mamie cried as her father got into bed and sandwiched their daughter between him and his wife. "Then it all just exploded; it's not your fault, Daddy. He said I shouldn't talk to you two about our problems."

Meryl shook her head as she gave her husband a look over their daughter's head. "We are exactly who you should talk to."

"No matter what." Don said with a kiss to his daughter's head.

Meryl and Don laid there with their daughter for the longest time, loving on her, soothing her until she finally fell asleep. Meryl could tell Don wasn't asleep and was deep in thought by his breathing. Meryl reached out to run her fingers through his hair. Both of them eventually falling asleep as they held their daughter, and each other.

***

Meryl and Don woke up the next morning with their daughter still sleeping in-between them. Meryl locked her eyes with his when she could tell he was deep in thought. "Morning, handsome."

"Hey there." Don winked as he reached for her hand and kissed it. "Feeling okay?"

Meryl nodded as she chuckled. "So far; but I just woke up." Meryl then stroked his face. "You seemed deep in thought. Care to share?"

"I was just thinking that no matter how big they get; that they will never grow out of needing us." Don said as Meryl stroked Mamie's hair. "And that it's a good thing we didn't downsize to a smaller bed."

Meryl laughed as she touched her stomach. "I think it's a very good idea. No matter how big they get, they will always be our babies."

"I'm kind of glad about that." Don smiled. "My heart breaks for her; she doesn't deserve this shit."

Meryl sighed. "I know; I really thought he was it."

"Me too, babe." Don said as he ran his fingers through her hair. "But sometimes when you give up on love is when you meet your soulmate and your whole world opens up."

Meryl leaned over their daughter to kiss his lips. "Yes it is; and I'm grateful for that."

***

Don was cooking breakfast while he made Meryl sit on the barstool at the counter; and she was protesting. "I can help cook eggs, Don."

"You are staying off your feet. It's going to be a long day of traveling." Don pointed out.

Meryl shook her head and laughed. "The car is taking us straight to the plane where I will walk up a few steps and then sit for several hours."

"Don't get lippy with me, Mrs. Gummer." Don teased as he stood on the opposite side of the counter from where she was sitting.

Meryl leaned up and balled her fist in the front of his shirt; pulling his head to hers. "I thought you liked my lips."

"Nah." Don said and then laughed at her shocked expression. "I love your lips."

Meryl moaned into the long and deep kiss; placing one last kiss on his lips before they pulled apart. "Good."

"It's 8 o'clock." Don said pointing to the time on the oven. "Should we wake Mamie up?"

Meryl shook her head as he dished her some food and she drank her juice. "She needs her sleep. She looks exhausted and like she's losing weight to me. We have several hours before we leave; and it looks like she brought her bags with her."

"I'll cook her breakfast when she wakes up." Don said as a phone on the counter started to ring.

Meryl looked at the phone and realized whose it was. "It's Mamie's. She must have left it down here when she came over last night."

"It's Ben." Don said holding it up.

Meryl held out her hand. "You had your turn; now it's mine."

"You don't need this stress; look at what happened a few days ago." Don said as she nodded and he proceeded to answer the phone. "Hello? Hello?" It rang again. "What the fuck do you want? Hello? Walker, speak!"

Meryl looked at Don as he threw the phone back on the breakfast bar. "What?"

"The little shit hung up." Don hissed.

Meryl patted the barstool next to her. "Maybe he's scared of you."

"Good." Don said as he took his breakfast and went to sit next to his wife. "He should be."

Meryl rubbed his neck. "I'd still like my turn at that little shit."

"You'll get it, Darl; trust me." Don pointed to her food. "Now, eat and get fat!"

***

Meryl was headed upstairs to change when their doorbell rang. Without looking through the peephole, and not knowing her husband was following not too far behind her, she opened the door only to find her unwelcome son-in-law at the door. She started to push the door closed. "I don't think so, Benjamin."

"Get out of my way, bitch." Ben said pushing the door open and knocking Meryl down in the process.

Don ran to Ben and threw him out the door. "Be careful." Meryl choked as Don walked out of the apartment and closed the door.

As Ben was scrambling to his feet Don picked him up by the collar and shoved him up against the wall. "I don't know what the hell you're thinking treating my baby girl the way you are; though I am pretty sure I know what the fuck you're thinking WITH. I warned you not to hurt Mamie." Don get in Ben's face more. "I warned you last night; and then you fucking come over here and knock my pregnant wife to the god damn floor? You disrespect my wife and our home and our daughter? Too fucking far! You are not welcome here. My daughter cried herself to sleep because of you."

"D-Don. Pppprrrregnant wife?" Ben muttered not meaning to hurt Meryl and in her apparent condition. "You don't know how hard this is. How hard married in show business is?"

Don laughed. "I don't? Bullshit? I do; but my wife and the commitments I made to her and our family have always been and always will be more important than anything. The same isn't true for you. I want your ass out of that apartment by the time we get back. If a single CENT is missing from my daughter's account I will come after your ass."

"I lov-" Ben began.

Don shoved Ben up against the wall again. "Don't; you don't love our daughter. If you did then she wouldn't have cried herself to sleep last night. Also, if a WORD of this, of ANY of this, is leaked to the press I will DESTROY you. You know I have the power and money to do so." Don gave him one final push. "Leave NOW; and I better NEVER see you anywhere near my daughter, my wife or our family again." Don slammed the door as he entered the apartment, locked it and ran over to pick up his wife. "Baby, are you okay?"

"Just a little jarred." Meryl choked. "Are you okay?"

Don ignored her question as he held her close as they continued to sit on the floor and he began looking her all over and kissing all over her face.  "Are you sure you and the baby are okay?"

"I promise. I didn't land on my stomach; I made damn sure of that." Meryl said as Don breathed in relief. "Are YOU okay?"

Don nodded as he placed his hand over her pregnant stomach. "I was pissed at him before; but I really am now. Baby, I'm sorry but I let it slip you were pregnant."

"You what?" Meryl exclaimed.

Don ran his fingers through his hair. "It just slipped. I was pissed as hell; plus worried about you and the baby as well as Mamie. I warned him that if ANY of this leaks to the press then he is over."

"It's bound to get out anyway." Meryl sighed.

Don truly felt awful. "You're not mad?"

"I'm worried; not mad." Meryl said. "I understand how that could happen."

Don stroked her cheekbone. "I really didn't mean to; it just slipped through my anger and worry."

"I know, Don Man." Meryl sympathized with him; and she really did. "I do know."

Don nodded as he kissed her forehead. He was about to say something when Mamie came down. He gave Meryl a look as he then looked at their daughter. "What are you doing awake, sleepy head?"

"Who can sleep with all this commotion? What's going on?" Mamie asked. "Mom, why are you two on the floor?"

Don looked at Meryl as she nodded and Don picked his wife up, carrying her into the living room and laying her on the couch, with Mamie following. "Ben came over and knocked your mother down when she wouldn't let him in. I threw him out and warned him not to mess with either of you or the rest of the family. I accidentally let it slip about the baby; but I told him that if ANY of this is leaked to the press, or if he isn't out of the apartment by the time we get back or ANY money is missing from your account then he is DONE."

"That fucking son of a bitch." Mamie cursed as she ran after her husband.

Don looked up. "Mamie!"

"She needs to do this, Don." Meryl told her husband. "We need to let her do this."

***

"Don't even think about getting in that cab, Benjamin Walker." Mamie said as she reached Ben as he was getting in a cab. She pulled him out and looked at the cabbie. "You can leave."

Ben was trying to wriggle out of her clutches as the cabbie pulled away; and she then pulled him to the alley. "What the hell?"

"What in the hell were you thinking coming to my parents' house and knocking down my mother." Mamie screamed as she smacked him hard. "My parents are just supporting me. They have gone through hell themselves lately and you could have done severe damage to her and..."

Ben smirked. "The baby?"

"You leak ANY of this, Ben, and my dad's wrath will be like a dream compared to mine." Mamie yelled. "They have been nothing but wonderful to you; and this is how you repay them? You made your fucking bed, Benjamin Walker, now you get to lay in it."

***

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

24.5K 407 61
i wrote this story a couple years back and stopped because no one read it .. im doing a sequel tho because of the requests.. my grammer was really...
3.8K 224 28
My chapters aren't too long but I try to update frequently, if you want longer chapters just tell me and I'll do it 😊 Thanks for reading! ♥️✨
3.3K 46 16
Oneshot yesungxreader story warning: may contain mature contents NB: I apologize for any typos, grammar mistakes, etc because English is not my first...
15.7K 382 11
Hi! This is extremely old. The only reason it's still up is because it's my only somewhat successful piece. I dislike it in its entirety, but I very...