The Thief

De Prickly_Thorns

"Tell me little thief," he breathed silently against my ear causing all my hair on the back of my neck to ris... Mais

The Thief
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
Q & A
Covers 1
Covers 2
Covers 3

Chapter 6

23.3K 857 72
De Prickly_Thorns

My heart is pumping frantically through my rib cage. My ears are ringing from lack of oxygen reaching them as nervousness rakes through my body.

The beautifully designed interior of the gorgeous stage coach suffocates me. The girl who sits in front of me also in a beautiful ball gown holds a loose smile on her lips but deep within her beautiful green eyes a look of concern passes through as she stares at me.

"Are you okay Skye?" She asked. I have not seen this girl for over few years so it was quite a surprise when I was riding Frosty down the road to be stopped by a girl leaning aimlessly out the window of the carriage. It took me a while but I finally recognized her. Nathalie is her name.

She simply insisted that I travel with her. I couldn't decline her offer so after freeing Frosty of her harnesses and saddle I let her go and run free then got into the carriage.

Nathalie told me that she was on her way to her room which she had booked and offered me a place to get ready with her for the ball. I was most grateful for her kindness and hence the fact how I ended up in my current position with her on our way to the ball.

The coach pulls to a stop in front of the palace gates and i cant help but to wipe my sweaty hands on my dress, the fine material sinking between my fingers. I have a the small satchel strapped tightly to the inside of my left thigh holding the gems safely, it is not near my womanly parts but it is high enough where no true gentleman would even dare look without my given permission.

Nathalie takes my-or should I say the girl that I stole it from's invitation along with her own and hands it to the guard who reaches through the small window.

After a quick inspection of it he hands them back to us and signals for the coachman to continue.

In less than a few seconds we come to a stop again. I can hear laughter and beautiful classical music along with a slight chatter coming from within the palace.

A footman opens the door and holds out his hand which Nathalie gladly takes as he helps her out. She truly does look extravagant tonight with her soft peach ball gown with slight beading along the front which fits her perfectly and looks like it cost an absolute fortune but what can I expect from someone like her. She comes from a very wealthy family that is quite far up on the social ladder with her father being a member of the queens council.

So in better terms her family is absolutely loaded. They live in a village near the outskirts of the capital but had a holiday home near my village where I grew up in and to cut a long story short we met and become friends but it was such a long time ago which made me quite surprised when she recognised me.

I had briefed Nathalie not to call me by my real name tonight other than the exception when we were alone. That brought up a few questions which I simply shrugged them off with my answer being its personal. That dropped the topic almost instantaneously but I know she is still curious.

The footman returns shortly to help me out. I take his hand and gently step out the carriage taking a deep shaky breath in the process of doing so. Once I am out the coach leaves from behind and the footman leaves my side leaving me to face my nightmare by myself.

Nathalie had already entered and I heard them announce her name loudly to the crowd. Two guards stood at the door and gladly opened once I approached with my blood red gown that trailed behind me. I know I should feel bad for stealing it and I do but I needed it more than her as the kingdom is at stake and I need to return the gems.

The music and chatter is louder in the magnificent room that is brightly lit up. Maidens from all over the kingdom are present here along with a few gentlemen who grace the occasional one or two's side.

A few people are dancing and swaying softly left and right to the tune of the music. The master of ceremonies awaits near the entrance and looks at me expectantly to announce my name. I approach him and give him the fake name.

"Lady Anabelle of the East Northern village of Ravenstone." He announces loudly to the crowd causing a few glances my way.

I take a step towards the grand staircase and gradually begin my descent down it praying not to trip and make a fool of myself. Once I reach the bottom I am greeted by many friendly people and asked to dance by a few young gentlemen which I gladly take. I have learned that the royal family hasn't arrived yet but will be here soon.

After my fifth dance, I decided to take a short break to freshen up a bit so I headed towards the refreshment table. Much to my surprise I spot Nathalie I the corner with a tall male kissing her passionately. I have not seen her all evening but now I guess that I know why.

I silently chuckle but come to a halt as a hush falls upon the crowd as everyone does a slight bow in respect, I do the same as I look up and see the Queen standing at the foot of the grand staircase wearing a beautiful gown and her royal sash along with her gorgeous crown which sits gracefully on her head. The queens age looks like it has been catching up on her as grey hairs streak through her light brown hair but all in all she still looks absolutely amazing.

At her side flanks a young man by the looks of age 16. I recognise him as Prince Henry, the queens youngest son of the two boys. He to looks good in his tuxedo also with a royal sash on and his simple small crown on his head. His dark brown hair has been neatly combed back and styled and he wears a lose smile on his lips as he scans the crowd.

"Good evening all. I would like to thank you for attending the kingdoms annual grand ball," a round of applause graces the crowd once the Queen has spoken those few words, "For those of you who have travelled far and wide to attend tonight, I pray the journey served you well and I promise you that it was all worth it as can be seen." She indicated to the whole room with her hands and then walked down the staircase gracefully and headed towards a slight platform against the wall. Once she stood on it, she signalled for the ball to continue and the music and dancing began once more.

While the Queen speaks to all those who approach her, the young Prince leaves her side to mingle with the crowd.

Going back to what I was doing, I study the table in front of me and the delicious goods that lie upon it. Not deciding on anything I turn towards the dance floor again only to bump into someone.

"Sorry." I apologised only to meet the gaze of the young Prince Henry. I quickly bow my head, "your Highness." I look up again.

"No worries and no need for anymore formalities, I am kind of sick of it." He frowns ever so slightly.

"Well you shouldn't be, it's a sign of respect." I state giving him a soft smile.

"I know but I have had it all night and I just need a bit break from it..." He trails off. I just nod at his words.

"Would you care for a dance?" He asks as the song changes.

It is considered rude to decline a royal so I take his hand and let him glide me to the dance floor where we gently start to sway to the song.

"What is your name?" He asks me as he spins me around to the fast up beat of the tune.

"Sk- I mean Annabelle." I mentally scold myself for almost saying my name.

He merely chuckles again and spins me around once more "Well Annabelle you are a great dancer."

"Thank you, but it not that easy keeping up with a skilled youngster like you your Highness." I smile.

"What did I say about formalities. Just call me Henry and for your information, I am not that young compared to you, you are perhaps three years or so older than me am I not correct?" He says as he leads me off the dance floor since the song just came to an end.

"Well your High-" he gives me a pointed look, "I mean Henry, from what I gathered you look to be 16 years of age right?" He responds with a quick nod. "Well then you are close but I am four years ahead of you." I state.

"Well I nearly got it didn't I?" He chuckles once more.

"That you did." I reply.

"Ladies and gentlemen please welcome Prince Edward." The Master of ceremonies announces.

Just then the breath takingly beautiful man I had bumped into a few nights ago came into view. He looks very gorgeous in his tailored tuxedo and his royal sash with his crown similar to Prince Henry's on his head.

His dark brown hair looks messy however as if he has run his hand through it one to many times but it somehow makes him look even better.

This is it, time to do what I came here to do...

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

282K 8.1K 18
The blade of my hidden knife stops just a few centimetres from the prince's warm skin of his neck. He lays there, eyes closed and rhythmic breathing...
236K 10.8K 33
****Copyrighted**** 'Tell me you don't feel it.' He whispered against my lips, and the trembling that had ceased at the feel of his lips against mine...
196 15 15
"You don't come into my life, destroy everything.... then reappear and start making rules for me, " she whispered a second away from breaking. He st...
23.3K 614 25
The guards grabbed me, forcing me to enter the room I didn't even want to be in. I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to be captured. And most of...