I'm Back Bitches

By eatsleepswimrepeat_

"Hey there beautiful, wanna go out sometime?" He asked with a slight smirk. "With you?" I asked in a sweet vo... More

a / n
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Author's note
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
a/n
Good News
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty

Chapter Fifty-five

93.8K 4K 903
By eatsleepswimrepeat_

Hey Guys long time no see. As promised; another chapter. This won't be the last chapter. There will be a few more to come after this.

Thank you all for waiting, I know it was excruciating. Enjoy!

××

"Damien?"

It felt weird saying the familiar word. The word that I thought I'd never hear again. And to see him feels like I've gone crazy. Maybe this is a dream.

I pinch myself but nothing happened. Nope this isn't a dream.

I remain in the same spot unable to move. Too stunned to move. I stared at him with a stunned look.

How is he even here?

It didn't take me long to connect the dots.

Damien killed my mum.

His eyes softened a bit before disappearing. A cold look overcame him.

Something beeped next to my bed. It was a phone. Not mine. But Damien's. He was too far away to reach it.

Immediately he jumped down and went to get it. He had the phone in his hand now.

I instantly raised the gun. "Please don't make me do this" I pleaded. My eyes had started to become blurry as I tried holding the tears at bay.

I remember watching the news or movies and the police always shoot the bad guys. And the bad guy always dies. I remember thinking why doesn't the police shoot them in the arm or leg. But now I know. They aren't trained to do so. To shoot someone in a specific area takes a lot of aim.

So it's highly unlikely for me as I've never handled a gun before. Well I have but never actually used it.

It was a risk. I wanted to shoot him for what he did to my mum. I needed him to feel a tiny bit of what I had felt when I found mum. But there's a 99.9% chance that I'll miss and he'd die. And then I'll have to live with the fact that I killed someone.

Which is exactly what Xavier warned me about.

"Go on. Do it" he challenged me. His mood changed. He was doing the Xavier act. Act all tough and the person won't shoot him.

I took a deep breath and aimed the gun. There was two thoughts going off in my head.

Shoot him.

Put the gun down.

Those two thoughts kept appearing in my head. I thought about what he'd done. He killed my mother.

I tried not to show any emotion. "You killed my mother" although pain cracked through my voice and a tear fell from my cheek.

His answer said it all. He didn't deny it. Instead he looked guilty.

This only meant that it was true, it was him. He's my mother's killer. From looking at Damien he's not who I remembered.

"Do it Avery. Kill me, I deserve it" He urged me with a pained look.

He looked like he was in excruciating pain and I had no idea why. He wanted me to kill him.

He wanted me to put him out of his misery.

But I didn't want to do that. I wanted to cause him pain not take him out of it.

A sinister look crossed his voice. "I killed your mother" He started inching towards me with a cold tone.

He was trying to get on my nerves. The urgency in his voice, he wanted to die badly.

"Stop it!" I yelled out feeling more tears fall.

Something told me he didn't want to stop.

He gave me a ruthless look. "I stabbed her and watched all of the life drain from her. I watched her beg for me to help her and I stood completely still" He continued. "As she inched towards her phone I presume about to call you I grabbed the knife and finished off the job"

"I SAID STOP" I told him with a painful tone.

I wiped away the tears and carefully aimed the gun. "This is for my mum" I pulled the trigger.

A loud gunshot rang through my ears. 

I shot him.

I didn't want to look, I didn't want to see if I killed him.

I heard him groaning. I instantly looked at him and relief filled me. He's still alive. I shot him in his left leg. 

He tried to stand up but I held the gun up again. "Don't move" I warned him.

Wiping a few tears away I got my phone out from my pocket and instantly called Xavier. He immediately picked up.

"What?" He sounded annoyed.

"It's Damien"

He sighed. "Look. I'm not in the mood for these games. Go play your childish games with someone else"

What a dick. 

I wasn't in the mood for this.

I replied in an emotionless tone. "Just shut the fuck up and listen to me. My mum's dead and Damien killed her."

There was a long silence on the other end. "I'm on my way" and he hung up. 

"Why did you do it?" I asked.

He looked pained and didn't reply.

"I'll shoot you again" I warned.

He chuckled. "As if you'd do that. You don't have the guts to"

He hit right on the mark. I scowled at him. "Don't test me. You thought I wasn't going to shoot you but I did"

It finally sunk in. "My mother's dead because of you. Why?"

I should be crying. My so-called dad is dead. My mother's dead. Who's next?

Damien stared at the ground. "She needed to die-"

I slapped him across the face. "Fuck you. She didn't need to die. No one needs to die. How don't you people understand that?"

"I'm begging you.. please kill me" He pleaded me with a flash of fear.

He was scared, but of what?

"We mourned you" I shook my head "And you were alive the whole time. And then you kill my mother"

Before Damien could reply Xavier strolled in with a cold look. As he laid eyes on Damien a harsh glare crept it's way across Xavier's face.

Damien looked away not wanting to face the truth.

Xavier didn't bother looking at me. "Avery get in the car"  

"No-" I held my ground.

"Get in the car now" he repeated.

I refused to leave. "I'm not leaving"

He held a gun to my head. "Get in the fucken car" his spoke harshly.

Everything went dead silent as I came to terms with the fact that Xavier was holding a gun against my head right now.

Feeling angry is an understatement. I was furious. After what I just went through I get pushed around like a two year old. And if I disobey I'm as good as dead.

I refuse to believe he'd shoot me. I don't know why but I believe there is a tiny part of humanity in Xavier.

It might cost me my life but what else do I have to lose?

I stood my ground and looked at Xavier in the eyes with a strong hold. "I'm not going anywhere"

We remained in the same stance, staring into each others souls hoping one would break. But I'm not backing down.

"I'm so sorry, I was following her orders" Damien spoke softly. Who is her?

He looked so broken, conflicted with pain and torture. Not the Damien I remembered. 

I then noticed the object he clutched in his hands. He held a knife very closely to himself and it didn't take me long to realise what he was going to do.

He gave me a sad smile and shifted his eyes to Xavier. "You were going to kill me anyway"

I held a look of fear, knowing he was going to end his life. "Damien-"

Before I could finish my sentence he had plunged the knife deep inside of his chest. Directly where his heart was.

I gasped and stared at him with wide eyes.

Blood poured from his chest. "This way, I can wear the burden" He managed to gasp out.

I rushed up to him not knowing what to do. I grabbed a cloth nearby and tried applying pressure.

I didn't know what I was doing but I had to try. I don't know why he killed my mum but I knew there was a reason behind it. Damien wouldn't have had to do that unless something was being held against him. And I needed him to tell me before I jumped to conclusions.

He was dying fast. I could tell by the gasping for air and the blood starting to appear from his mouth.

I felt my eyes swell up and I couldn't let him die. The Damien I knew couldn't have just disappeared. He was in there somewhere.

I felt a hand lift my chin up. With the last bit of energy Damien had he held my chin up so I could stare deep into his eyes.

He tried smiling with all of the pain. "It's okay, I'm ready" 

I shook my head refusing to believe it. "No Damien just stay with me" I pleaded him.

He managed to laugh. "I killed your mum and your still handing out kindness"

A few tears dropped from my eyes. "I can't think about that now" I argued "I just need you to not die. Everyone around me dies" I pleaded him my voice breaking with every word.  "Please don't leave me" 

"I'm so sorry Avery" He breathed out in pants. "She had my family, it was the only way to save them" 

Whoever the person was had his family. That must have been the deal. Kill my mum and they don't kill his whole family. It doesn't excuse anything but it means Damien was fighting for his family. Something I can understand.

Everyone around me dies. My grandparents died two years ago. My uncle died last year. My mum died today and even John died. I can't lose anyone else.

"Please stay with me" I cried out.

I turned my head to Xavier who gave me a somewhat painful expression.

"Don't just stand there! Help him" I yelled at him with tears pouring down my face.

He didn't move instead he forced on a blank expression. He'd given up on him completely. 

He walked closer and gave Damien a glare with such hatred. "You are dead to me. Rot in hell Damien"

He turned around and walked away.

I stared at his retreating figure refusing to believe that's it. Xavier doesn't even care.

I turned my attention back to Damien who looked down ashamed.

Every breath he took me was leading him to his last.

There was nothing I could do to save him.

Yes I hated him for killing my mother, but I believe no one should die alone like this. Including Damien. No one deserved that.

All I could do was make him comfortable and put him at ease.

"You don't deserve this" I shook my head and grabbed his hand, holding it in mine and squeezing it in a reassuring manner. 

He gave me a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine, I'm going to see my sister"

It didn't take me long to realise that he meant he was going to see his sister in heaven.

I tried smiling through my tears. "Your going somewhere good. Your going to see your sister and you'll have all the food you've ever wanted"

"There better be ice cream otherwise I'd rather not go" He managed to crack a joke.

I laughed although he started coughing up blood.

I reassured him. "There's going to be plenty of ice cream, all yours to eat" I noticed the edge of his lips tilt at this  "You can be at peace Damien,  you can rest now"

I saw him take his final breath. His eyes stared straight back at me and I knew he was gone.

He was dead. For real this time.

My hand was shaking as I had a last look at him before closing his eyes with my hand.

××

Yo so much drama. I am so sorry for bringing back your favourite character and killing him off again, oops. My emotions are running wild and I almost cried writing this. I know you all felt sad and angry because you didn't even get to say goodbye to Damien so this is where I gave Avery the chance to say goodbye. And I hope some of yous will stop crying one day :))

You see if yous were all happy with the original ending Damien would still be alive and happy, so this was so not my doing ;)

Update coming soon.

Remember to comment and vote.
~Ashley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698K 19.5K 90
Let say that you are Tadaomi Karasuma daughter. No, you're not related but he took you in when you were 10, ever since then he has been a second fath...
304K 10K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...
1.8K 45 17
***Book 1*** Neighbours With the Bad Boy ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ And this is a short story since it is my first, I will not be editing this one...
419K 9.2K 47
"You know you still want me." he said cockily. "As if!" I yelled at him. "I must say, I like the new look." he all but smirked. *****************...