The Boy: Brandon Dursely

De KidOfTheAshes

Brandon Dursely was raised knowing who he was and who he will be - but not quite. His adoptive parents had ju... Mai multe

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1: Bran
Chapter 2: The Letter
Chapter 3: The Truth of Harry Potter
Chapter 4: Diagon Alley
Chapter 5: Diagon Alley 2
Chapter 6: Hogwarts Express
Chapter 7: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 8: Friends
Chapter 9: Slytherin
Chapter 10 - First Day
Chapter 11: Detention
Chapter 12: Flying
Chapter 13: Training... or not?
Chapter 14: Exploration
Chapter 15: Quidditch
Chapter 16: A Turn Of Events
Chapter 17: Revelation
Chapter 18: Hols
Chapter 19: Snow!
Chapter 20: What Transpired?
Chapter 21: As You Sleep
Chapter 22: Almost Christmas
Chapter 23: Almost Christmas - The 2nd Part
Chapter 24: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 25: Yule
Chapter 26: The First Ride
A Special Chapter: Harry's letter
Chapter 28: Resuming of Term and the Stone
Chapter 29: The Restricted Section and the Philosopher's Stone
Chapter 30: Boil, Boil, Boil!
Chapter 31: BOOM!
Chapter 32: St. Therese of the Child Jesus Orphanage.
Chapter 33: The Missing Link
Chapter 34: To Find
Chapter 35: Mister Snape's Adventure
Chapter 36: Brandon Hadrian Snape
Chapter 37: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 38: 'Please Don't Leave'
Chapter 39: Crushes & Quidditch Seekers
Chapter 40: Fathering Business
Of Ends and Starts
PART 2 COMES UP IN A JIFYYYYYYYYYYY!
3 chapters!

Chapter 27: Beyond Everything

2.7K 147 14
De KidOfTheAshes

'Harry, come on, Rider. Wake up!'

Sebastian's voice filled Harry's head.

'Ugh. Harry. Wake up. Your Protector will be here any second now.'

Harry groaned in reply and covered his ears with a pillow. Sebastian licked his face but Harry slept on.

"Harry? Harry. Are you awake now?" It was the Professor, just as Sebastian had said.

He's here!

Harry scrambled to sit up, eyes wide open. Later today, students will return to the Castle!

The Professor's going to kill me!

Severus waited for any sound that would tell him that his boy was awake. He tsked as he heard a couple of thuds and rustling of sheets. Harry had just woken up, for sure. Severus opened the door with a smirk on his face, and found Harry trying to put on a shirt but failing miserably.

"Oh, dear. Someone had woken up on the very wrong side of their bed."

Harry let out a huff of defeat. Of course his Professor would have find out! Nothing ever goes unnoticed by Severus Snape.

Severus chuckled. Harry looked back at him and looked at him, pleading silently through green eyes.

"Alright," Severus mock growled, "I'll help you, you little mongrel."

He went in front of Harry and helped him get his shirt on. He let it down and fixed it, earning himself a small timid smile from the boy. The Direwolf watched lazily as his Rider and the Father of the boy's Heart begun their day.

---

"May I go and ride out with Sebastian for a bit, Professor?" Harry asked after his shower. Severus had just came out from the shower as well. The pair had just finished their breakfast and Sebastian asked Harry if they could go out for a bit since he said that they might not do so often after the resuming of the Term.

"Alright, but be sure to be back at nine, Harry. The Headmaster would like to talk to you."

Harry almost whined, but knowing that Snape hated it, he stopped himself. Instead, he resorted to rolling his eyes, thinking that Snape was not looking, "Yes, Professor."

"I saw that, Mister Potter," Severus admonished.

Harry sighed again. Seriously, does nothing ever gets unnoticed by his Professor?

Harry called for his Familiar with a whistle and Sebastian was there, carrying Harry's riding gear between his teeth.

Severus crouched down and took the riding gear in his hands, and Harry steadies himself as Snape dressed him. Harry liked the fact that Snape was so close, within arm's reach and it was a very comforting feeling. Snape made him feel loved and welcomed. He enjoyed the gentle hands of his Professor, the warmth of them assuring him,

"There," Severus finished. Harry murmured his thanks and headed to go out, Sebastian on his heels.

As Harry was nearing the door, Severus did not have enough time to stop himself from calling out to the boy.

"Harry," Severus called, "It's Severus. You may call me Severus. Or if you are ready, you may call me something else. Something informal, something besides Professor."

Harry stood there for a moment, eyes wide, processing what Snape had said. His green eyes narrowed for a bit, assessing and scrutinizing Snape.

Severus' heart was pounding on his chest as the boy stared at him. No, Harry was not one to stare at anyone with contempt. But why in Merlin's beard did he felt nervous as he waited for the boy to answer? Oh, he hoped Harry would actually agree- or even just consider.

But then again, he was harsh during the first few meetings with boy. If Harry would not want to call him anything besides Professor or Sir or anything that suggests that they have some sort of bond besides Teacher and Student, Severus could never blame the child. Harry might find the sudden request as pervasive, something that calls for commitment and bond or a call for a risk. Severus knew that Harry did not like risking- a very Slytherin trait; everything around him must be sure and very stable, a trait that Severus himself possessed.

But why? Why was a big part of him wanted Harry to say yes? To consider everything? Was a month of kinship enough? Was a well-spent Christmas together enough, Or did Harry need more time to adjust? Oh, Severus hoped that it really was and that Harry was willing to let an adult take care of everything for him for once. While Snape knew that Petunia and the Durselys had taken Harry in, the boy maintained his very independent and wild thinking. Harry sought for a freedom he knew he lacked. But Severus felt that Harry just needed something stable, someone permanent and for a lifetime.

While the Durselys had given Harry a family, Harry had lost them. Severus wanted to be the one to give it back and more.

After a few moments, Harry found his voice, "Uhm... I... I don't know."

Severus looked down for a second; his shoulders slumped a bit and his lips thinned.

Harry was still there, though. The boy looked as if he was trying to say something, but was holding it back.

"Harry? What is it?"

Harry, by this time, knew that he did not know how to lie or hold information from Snape. Although he had his nerves threatening to overcome him, he rarely listened to them anymore, especially when it comes to Snape. So with a timid voice, Harry said while suddenly finding the floor very interesting, "I don't know, Sir. I don't... I don't know how or what to call you. I... I don't want to call you by your... Your name, see. It's... Names are for friends."

Severus realised that it was somewhat to become a lengthy conversation, "But Harry, we are friends. We tend to talk a lot."

But Harry vehemently shook his head. Snape was more than a friend. Snape was...

Well, what was Snape? What was the place of Snape in his life?

"Harry," Severus was now crouching down in front of his ward, "Harry, what is it, child?"

"You're more than a friend to me, Professor."

"Well, child, what do you think we are?"

What are they, Harry wondered? What is Snape to him, anyway?

Harry closed his eyes for a moment, and he thought of Severus Snape. There are a lot of things that he thinks about Snape; powerful, intelligent, a man of his word, his Entrusted.Harry had never been close to anyone- not even to Petunia and Vernon- as close as he was with Severus. Severus, while gentle, was a disciplinarian. And Harry sometimes needed that, he admits. It's because he's still so young.

Severus was his guardian, always hovering and always there. Sometimes, Harry wondered if Severus even thinks about himself at all.

Severus was his mentor, from Potions to spells to life. At his young age, standing in their quarters' doorway, in his riding gear, Harry knew that Snape was teaching him a lot about life.

"I don't know," Harry sighed as he opened his eyes.

"Come here," Severus said.

The boy did as he was told. Severus then did something he had never done before- he told Harry to sit on his lap.

At first, Harry was hesitant. But Severus carried him by the armpits and hoisted him, so that Harry was facing him.

When he finally settled, Harry felt safer than he ever did so in his short and troubled life. With a sigh, Harry let himself fall back on Snape's chest and Severus' hand carded his ward's hair.

"It's alright, Harry. You know you can tell me anything, little raven," Severus encouraged.

Harry buried himself deeper in the Professor's robes. They smelled like lavender, Harry noticed, and Snape's magic was all over it.

"Oh, Harry," Severus said in a low and gentle voice, "what am I going to do with you, my child?"

"I'm sorry," Harry mumbled, still hugging his Professor, "I'm so sorry. I just don't know what to call you, Professor. Please don't hate me."

Severus sighed. He told Harry to look at him and Severus met the green gaze, "You know I could and I would never hate you, my little raven. Never."

"It's not that you aren't loved by me, Professor," Harry said, in his 'Harry-quaint-way', "quite the opposite, really. But I... I just don't know what to call you."

Severus smiled at his ward. There were always something adorable with the way Harry said things honestly and in his own way, "It's alright, Harry. I won't force you."

"I know you never will," Harry affirmed.

Once more, there was the warmth that spread through Severus, and it made him remember something.

When young Severus asked his mother when he was younger what the warm feeling was, Eileen smiled at him knowingly, stopping the stirring of their usual porridge and answered one word, Love.

Love, Eileen said, was powerful than everything else. Love makes you accept things no matter how hard they get or how impossible they may seem.

She made him believe in love right then and there.

Severus held his charge for a few more moments before he told Harry to Ride.

"I will fetch you at the clearing before nine, Harry. We will see each other then."

The boy nodded, gave Snape a slight squeeze and ran, riding the Direwolf.

Alone once more, Severus pondered on that word. Love.

Love saved him once, perhaps, he thought, it will save him again.

----

At nine, Albus was facing Snape and Harry in his office. There was a new addition to the odd things, Harry noticed. A self-playing harp. It was gold, playing softly with a melancholic and sleepy tune.

"Good morning, boys. Lemon drop?"

Both shook their head, "No, eh? Hmm. Nevermind, then," Albus popped two in his mouth.

"What did you say you want to talk about, Headmaster?" Severus asked, arms crossing in front of his chest.

"Well, I have originally wanted young Mister Dursely to come on his own," Albus said.

Harry's eyes widened. Alone?!

He looked towards his guardian and he gulped. Severus won't leave him alone with the Headmaster, won't he? His Professor promised he would never!

"Let me see," Snape faked a thoughtful tone, then went from thoughtful to determined, "No, Albus. No. I don't think so. It is within my right and my responsibility to know everything that concerns my ward."

"Well," Albus said, eyes peering through his half moon spectacles, "I think that is within reason."

Severus nodded with conviction.

Of course it is, what does this old man think?

"So, I shall tell you. Mister Dursely, it has come to my attention that you are now more comfortable with..." Albus cleared his throat, "your other name."

His ward quirked an eyebrow, "You mean to say, Sir, Harry Potter? Why, it's who I am, isn't it?"

"Yes, yes. That is true. But while it remains true, I ask of you, my boy, to refrain from being called as Harry Potter."

"Refrain?! But, Sir-"

Severus took hold of the situation right there. Harry looked like he was ready to burst at any moment, "Please, Headmaster. The boy is at the edge of throwing a fit. Let me handle this. Is that what you want? To refrain from calling himself as Harry Potter?"

"Well," Dumbledore began, "that and to stay at your sight at all times."

"But why?" Harry blurted out, "Is there someone out there to get me? Some sort of monster?!"

Albus sighed. The child was too intelligent sometimes. He put a hand on Harry's shoulder, "Please, child. Just please do as I say. I will answer your questions soon."

"But, Sir, with all due respect, I-"

Severus put a hand on Harry's shoulder and gave him a pointed look. Harry slumped and Severus decided that the boy had enough.

"Harry and I will talk with you again soon, Headmaster. For now, I believe he's had enough."

Severus guided Harry out and they flooed to their quarters. The boy looked flushed and his green eyes were blazing.

"Who does he think he is? He has no right to order me around like a manipulated little toy! Please, Professor! He can't do this to me. He just can't!"

Severus sighed, "Harry. Harry, calm down, child. The Headmaster only did what he thinks is the best for you. Didn't your Aunt and Uncle did that, too?"

Harry looked at his Professor, clearly in a daze. Severus, once more, invited the boy to sit on his lap as he carded the black locks, "Someday, you'll know the reason why you are not to be Harry Potter."

Harry relaxed and Snape let him. He fell asleep and Snape laid him down. He was only awakened that afternoon, with just enough time for him to get ready for the mid-term Feast.

---

That night, Hogwarts was once more filled with students and Harry was one of them. He was welcomed by his friends in the Slytherin table. He was disappointed that he was going to sleep not on his bed, but in the Slytherin dorm. But Snape promised that he will call for him when he wants to or finds it hard to sleep or if anything happened to him.

So, Harry smiled at all of his friends and thanked them for their gifts. They, in turn, thanked them for his.

"Hey, Bran," Hermione whisperer, "You okay?"

"Yes, 'Mione. I am."

But Hermione did not look convinced, "What is it? I know something's wrong. Is it about the Stone?"

"No," Harry shook his head, "No, it's not that. Although it's a part of it. But I can't tell you. Not yet, anyway."

Lancel must have noticed, for he called for their attention, "Hey! You two lovebirds need to stop whispering! The Professor looks this way."

They both knew who the Professor was. The Snakes simply refer to Snape as 'the Professor'. Harry and Hermione kept to themselves after that, opting just to distract themselves with everything that was happening around them.

But they both knew that their conversation was not yet finished.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

34.9K 1K 28
Danielle Evans is a Gryffindor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She is a close friend of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Grange...
178K 3.8K 26
Demetria Lauren Evans Snape, had found out she was a wizard at the age of 10, she knew she'd been adopted her whole life, but finding out she's a Wiz...
215K 6.2K 42
Severus Snape finds himself alive after the war, saved by none other than the insufferable know-it-all. But did he even want to be saved? Hermione on...
96 0 28
Severus Snape survives the war, but only barely. Will he be able to cope with his newfound hero status? How will he manage the challenges associated...