Stranger Not So Danger

rosegolden_ tarafından

"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to k... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 ~ An Unlikely Encounter
Chapter 2 ~ Fish Face
Chapter 3 ~ Texting Buddies
Chapter 4 ~ Friends
Chapter 5 ~ The Perfect Date: Dinner...
Chapter 6 ~ ...and a Movie
Chapter 7 ~ Better Than I Expected
Chapter 8 ~ Old Friends
Chapter 9 ~ Said too Soon...
Chapter 10 ~ Playing With Feelings
Chapter 12 ~ Diner Date
Chapter 13 ~ Just Like Animals
Chapter 14 ~ Doggie Duty
Chapter 15 ~ Home
Chapter 16 ~ Prepping
Chapter 17 ~ Will You Be...
Chapter 18 ~ Nervous
Chapter 19 ~ Surprise!
Chapter 20 ~ Survivor
Chapter 21 ~ Not Lucky, Blessed
Chapter 22 ~ Only You
Chapter 23 ~ Half a Winner
Chapter 24 ~ Thank You
Chapter 25 ~ Volunteer
Chapter 26 ~ Trust
Chapter 27 ~ Misconceptions
Chapter 28 ~ Heartbroken
Chapter 29 ~ Silence
Chapter 30 ~ Talking Through the Pain
Chapter 31 ~ I Hope You Remember
Chapter 32 ~ I'm Okay
Chapter 33 ~ Finally
Chapter 34 ~ Good & Bad
Chapter 35 ~ Decisions
Chapter 36 ~ Ready?
Chapter 37 ~ You're My Inspiration
Chapter 38 ~ New Beginnings
New Book!

Chapter 11 ~ Some Explaining To Do

4.9K 181 11
rosegolden_ tarafından

"You can't convince anyone of anything. You can only give them the right information, so that they convince themselves." - Eben Pagan

~~~~~

Lindsey's POV:

Friday morning

I woke up with my eyes feeling heavy, and realized, I cried myself to sleep. And even worse, over a guy. If anyone knew me, I would never cry over a guy.

I made my way to the bathroom, to get ready and see how puffy my eyes really were.

I pulled my tangled hair out of my face and up into a bun while securing it with a hair tie.

I walked out of the bathroom and put on a gray sweatshirt and black leggings. I brushed my hair, and put it into a messy bun.

To conceal my very noticeable puffy eyes, I put on a little eyeliner and mascara. I also grabbed my aviator glasses and black combat boots and made my way downstairs.

"Hey honey, are you feeling better?" my mom asked me as she made my breakfast: toast with strawberry jam.

"Yea, a little." I responded while grabbing milk from the fridge and pouring it into a cup.

"I'm picking up your dad at around 1:45, do you want me to pick you up from school early so we can go see him together?" she asked me.

She knew I missed my dad a lot, and I wanted to see him. Two weeks was a long time to be away. But, I ended school at 2:30. She also knew that it might cheer me up.

"Yea, thanks mom."

"You're welcome, honey."

There was a honk outside, which was Karra.

"Okay, bye mom, love you! I'll see you this afternoon."

"Bye sweetie."

"Hey Linds, how are you holding up?" she asked as I stepped into her car.

"I'm better, like nothing happened." I said and smiled.

She smiled back and headed for school.

As we got to school, I was dreading third period. Since it was Friday, we didn't have first period today, which means we would go straight to second, and then to third. And Jake was in that class.

Second period was okay, but the thought of third period brought my mood down a notch.

As I was walking to third, I bumped into Matt.

"Hey Lindsey, long time no see." he started.

"Sorry Matt, I really gotta get to class. Bye." He waved bye to me and I walked into third period. Luckily, Jake wasn't there yet.

As I was getting out my books and pen, I smelt cologne, Jake's cologne. Instead of saying hi, he sat down quietly and got his stuff out as well, which was good, because I wasn't really prepared to talk to him anyways.

We went through the whole class without talking, which was a good thing. But, when I was walking out of class, he made his way next to my side, and started walking with me.

"Hey Linds," he said to me sweetly.

I brought out my earphones and placed them into my ears and kept walking. It was recess, so he didn't really have a place he needed to be, and unfortunate for me, I didn't either.

"Lindsey. Lindsey!" he said again.

I turned to my left to look at him.

"What do you want, Jake," I said with a sigh.

"This is the third time I'm asking, can I explain what happened, please." he asked.

"You have nothing to explain." I said back to him, while still facing forward.

"Lindsey, please. You don't have to believe me, just let me get it off my chest."

I contemplated my situation and its possible outcomes for a good few seconds.

"Fine, you have five minutes." I said to him.

He took hold of my wrist, probably to show me where he was going to talk. But, I wiggled it away.

"I'll just follow you," I said to him.

"Okay," he said in a sad tone.

He leaded me into the library, and to the back where there are tables you can sit at.

He took his seat, and I sat down across the table.

"Okay, so first, I am not involved with Chey at all." he said to me.

I just looked at him and listened.

"She just came to me at my locker, and said she wanted things to be the way they were when we were dating." he stated.

They dated before?

"Then why were your hands on her waist?" I asked, hurt.

"She took my hands and placed them on her waist. I didn't do that on my own. It didn't feel right, and I was stupid not to take them off as soon as she did that." he said.

I was a little confused, and I guess he could tell.

"Is there anything else you wanna know?" he asked me. I contemplated my thoughts.

"Why didn't it feel right?" I asked, but not looking at him.

"Why?" he asked. I nodded my head.

"Because, I like you, Lindsey, and only you."

What did he just say?

"What did you just say?" I said to him.

"I like you," he said again, staring at the ground.

"So, do you believe me?" he asked, placing his hand on mine, that rested on the table.

I felt my face becoming warm, and nodded at him. He got up from his seat and came to hug me. I returned the hug, happy what I saw happening between them wasn't true.

"So, will you still come to my game tonight?" he asked me.

"I don't know..." 

"Please? You said you would," he said making puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, okay, I'll come." I said, laughing. I looked up at him since we were still engaged in our hug.

"But only if we still go somewhere after."

"Yup, won't change that," he said. I let a huge smile escape my lips.

"I love it when you smile." he said to me.

"Thanks," I said to him.

"Aww, daisy is blushing!" he said.

"Shut up," I said in a playful way.

"And daisy, really?" I said back to him.

"Well, yea. It's kinda cute. Just like you." he said to me.

"You're such a dork." I said back to him.

"Hey, you two." I heard a voice say.

We both turned around to see the librarian looking at us.

"Yea, you guys. Get to work if you're gonna be in here. This is a library, not a make-out room." she said, grumpily.

We weren't even making out.

As she walked away, we both laughed quietly to ourselves, and then suddenly Jake lowered his head to give me a peck on the lips.

"What was that for?" I said to him.

"She said it's not a make-out room, and we didn't make out. So, had to give her a reason to say that." he said back to me.

"That makes absolutely no sense at all, but I did like it." I said to him.

"Oh, and one more thing." he said to me while bringing his backpack into the front of him.

He pulled out a clothing item. I couldn't quite make it out, but it was gray. He then handed it to me.

When I unfolded it, as I looked at the front, it had our school mascot, and said: South Park Rams: Varsity Boys Basketball.

As I turned it to the back, it said his last name, Levi, and the number 15.

"It's really nice," I told him.

"Yea, thanks. So I was thinking, do you wanna wear that to the game for me?" he asked.

"Of course! It will make picking an outfit much easier," I said jokingly. He smirked.

Just then, the bell rang.

"Hey, I'll walk you to fourth period." Jake said to me.

I nodded and we made our way out of the library.

I stood close as we walked to my class together. I saw a closed mouth smile escape from his lips.

When I was about to walk into the class, he lowered his head and gave me a kiss on the cheek as a way of saying goodbye, and I smiled back at him.

As I walked through the doorway, Karra and Leia stared at me, in shock.

Okay, I guess they had two reasons to be surprised. 1. I didn't meet up with them at recess like I usually do, and 2. I didn't mention that Jake and I made up.

I sat down at my seat, and instead of staring at me in disbelief, they were staring at each other.

"Wait, what just happened?" Leia asked.

"Okay, I'll explain everything."

A/N:

Hey daisies! How did you like this chapter? Let me know!

Joke of the week: Why can't pirates recite the alphabet? Because they always get stuck at 'C'!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

112K 2.2K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...
15K 2.3K 48
❝ I love to hate you; because if I don't, then I will hate to love you. ❞ (PLEASE note that this was my first work and is unedited. I've greatly matu...
266K 7.4K 39
My best friend Greyson McNamara and I have been partners in crime for a while now. Pranks, sneaking out to go to parties, joy riding in our parents'...
3.3K 96 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...