Saudade // c.h.

Von omghemmingsx

"A story in which a young girl who fears the world meets a young boy who fears loosing his world." 2013 © All... Mehr

saudade: calum hood
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
author's note
contact me!

sixteen

16.3K 504 127
Von omghemmingsx

-Chapter Sixteen-

   "So-" Calum started, "what's the craziest thing you've ever done?" 

"I don't do crazy things, I'm just a crazy person." I rolled my eyes.

Calum laughed, "no really-"

"I'm not joking, I'm actually a little bit crazy in the head, I used to have to take pills for it because my mom thought I was like mentally insane or something-" I smiled.

"Wait-" Calum began but I just laughed.

"I'm just joking." I giggled as Calum rolled his eyes.

"No but seriously, what crazy things have you done?" Calum said.

"Um-does saying I agreed to the terms of use even though I didn't read it, count?" I asked.

"No!" Calum laughed, he grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him as he pulled his arm over my shoulder and smiled.

"Something spectacular, something absolutely insane, just anything." Calum said.

"I don't know, I've seen crazy things happen." I admitted, my mind shooting immediately to Annette. 

"Like what?" Calum asked.

"I-um." I started and by the pained look on my face, Calum changed the subject. "Never mind, just something absolutely crazy you've done."

"Nothing, I guess." I shrugged.

"Oh so you're the goody, goody type, aye?" Calum laughed. 

"No!" I scowled, punching him in the arm. "By the amount of times I have gotten in trouble at school, I can assure you, that I'm not a goody, goody."

"Well to proove that you have to do something insane with me." Calum smiled.

"Like what?" I narrowed my eyes.

"That's the insane part." Calum smirked, "you don't know." 

"Fine." I groaned, "but just don't get me put in jail."

Calum laughed, "I'll try."

- - - - - - - -

"A party?" I laughed looking straight ahead at the sight of a spectacularly huge house, with music blaring from every corner of it.

"Insane, right?" Calum smiled.

"Calum, I used to go to these things and well, I stopped for a reason." I whined. 

"You said you've never done anything insane!" Calum gasped with a grin on his face.

I shrugged, "I thought I'd leave this one out."

Calum rolled his eyes, "just  stick with me and you'll be fine."

I nodded and linked arms with Calum as he guided me down into the house, and well, like any huge party, there were drunk people dancing in every part of the house, except the kitchen.

"Stick with me." Calum said and yet again, I just nodded because I knew at one point we would be separated because at the looks of things from the wedding, Calum was a huge drinker and by how wasted everybody else looked, I knew Calum would end up looking like one of them.

- - - - - - - 

I cringed at the smell of cigarettes and alcohol that filled the air of the house and like I said before, Calum was wasted and had gone off with some other of his Australian friends that I didn't exactly recognize. Except for Ashton, his girly laugh and goofy grin were pretty hard to forget.

I sat at the bottom of the carpet stairs with a cup of beer in my hand but I refused to drink it. I was never a drinking type and the only reason I had it was because I knew if I was seen not holding a plastic cup in my hand, I would just keep being offered and offered over again and over again. So here I am, at the bottom of a flight of stairs, sitting uncomfortably next to two wasted people making out aggressively, who I recon don't even know each other's names, with a untouched cup of beer in my hands. 

I groaned as I pushed the boy and girl aside and got up from the stairs and walked off to the kitchen of the house where I found one girl sitting on top of the kitchen counter with a cigarette in her hand. Although I was relieved that I had found a quiet place to be, I was also scowling at myself for finding  a place next to a smoker.

The girl who was smoking had very light blonde hair with pink highlights and was wearing very smudged makeup, a plaid mini skirt, and a very crop  top with the words 'RAD' printed across them. And well no shoes because I guess she was a barefoot kind of person.

"Want one?" She offered holding out a pack of cigarettes which I simply rejected. It didn't feel right being here, in this area because in the back of my mind I still remember everything that had happened in the past when I went to these parties.

I would come, get wasted, go home, and get in trouble with my mom, and then I would find her crying later on her room because she thought it was her fault I turned out so 'screwed up.' And that's when I started sneaking out instead of going to parties. It was my way of just relaxing and having time to myself to think. I stopped going to the parties and in replacement, I would sneak out at around 2 in the morning and just take a walk and that's how I ended up stuck seeing Annette dead.

"Are you okay?" The smoking girl asked, waving her hand in front of my face.

"What?" I said, snapping out of my daze.

"You just completely zoned out there." The girl smiled. She was beautiful really, she had lovely smile, her hair was pretty neat, and even though she was a little open with her clothing, it suited her look. 

"I tend to do that a lot." I shrugged.

"Are you sure you don't want one?" The girl offered again, holding out her pack of cigarettes.

"My uncle died from smoking so, no thanks." I said.

"Well that sucks." The girl said releasing a puff of smoke from her mouth.

"Do you come to these often?" I asked.

The girl shrugged, "now and then, I just do it to piss my parents off and get some time to myself, you know? I never really liked the idea of the whole getting wasted and grinding on someone you never met thing."

"Okay, you want to be alone but, you're at a party?" I chuckled.

"I was alone in this kitchen before you came along, and like I said, it's to piss my parents off." the girl grinned, "plus, these parties just are my little reminders to hang loose, especially with my parents up my ass, scowling at me every day for going what they call insane." 

I laughed, "that's cool."

"It's Hailey, by the way." The girl smiled.

"Fay." I said, smiling weakly.

"Don't you have a boyfriend or something? I saw you walk in with one earlier." Hailey said.

"Not exactly my boyfriend but I mean, he ran off to get drunk or something and I'm not really the drinking kind of person." I shrugged.

"Wow, you don't smoke or drink!" Hailey laughed, "man you really have your life together."

"In a way." I sighed, thinking of Annette.

"Well as good as you seem, I bet you have some pretty messed up things going on up in your head." Hailey winked.

"You could say that." I laughed.

"You know, you seem cool and well I'm going to get out of here but you should call me sometime, I bet we could hang." Hailey said, hopping off the counter as she put out her cigarette. 

"Can I come with? My friend is seeming to forget about me right now." I asked.

"Yeah, totally. I'm going to be going home if that's alright with you, I'm sure my parents would be thrilled to know I'm hanging out with someone who looks pretty decent." Hailey chuckled.

"Thanks?" I said, but it ended up sounding more like a question then a statement.

- - - - - - - - -

As Hailey pulled into her driveway, I took out my phone and sent a quick text to Calum.

'Decided to leave early, sorry I didn't end up doing anything crazy but there's always a next time. Have fun wild child    xx Fay.'

I quickly put my phone away and got out of Hailey's car, taking a quick look at her house. It was really big actually, quite nice.

As I stepped inside the house, I heard yelling from the kitchen.

"I warn you about my parents." Hailey mumbled.

"HAILEY IS THAT YOU? I SWEAR IF YOU WEN'T TO ANOTHER PARTY I WILL-" but the yelling suddenly stopped as a tall woman, who I assumed was Hailey's mother, appeared in front of me dressed in a formal dress and small heels. She had very blonde hair just like Hailey and she was wearing lots of expensive looking jewerly. The woman eyed me from head-to-toe, then looked back at me locking here eyes with mine, as a warm smile appeared on her face.

"Are you Hailey's new friend? Oh how wonderful! My name is Linda!" The woman beamed as she approached me holding out her hand, which I shook with delight. "Oh please, come in, come in!" 

I smiled thankfully and thanked Linda for her kindness. Hailey rolled her eyes, as she followed her mother and I into the kitchen where Linda sat me down and served Hailey and I two cups of tea.

"It's so good to see Hailey hanging out with someone so, well, appropriate."  Linda smiled.

"Mom-" Hailey warned but Linda ignored her.

"Hailey has just been going to parties and bringing home people who I am telling you, are completely outrageous! I mean, the clothes they wear are petrifying and I can't stop her because she's 'legal' now." Linda explained.

"Mom!" Hailey yelled but Linda ignored her once again.

"Tell me, where did you two meet?" Linda said.

"A library." Hailey spoke up, before I could answer.

"A library?" Linda gasped. "Now what were you doing in a library, Hailey?"

"I uh-I need to use a bathroom and the library was closest place that had one and that's where I saw Fay here reading a book on um-fairies." Hailey said stuttering on her words.

"Fairies?" Linda said, narrowing her eyes.

"Yeah! Such fascinating creatures, although they don't exist, they are really just so awesome to read about." I smiled, speaking up for Hailey who just nodded in agreement.

"How wonderful! I hope to see more of you soon, Fay!" Linda smiled.

"Okay, that's great-we have to go now." Hailey said quickly, grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me into the living room.

"fairies?" I laughed.

"I was nervous!" Hailey groaned.

"Wait if you're legal, why do you lie to your parent's? I thought you like to piss them off." I asked.

"I really don't have a place to stay and I'm seriously aren't planning on getting kicked out, so until I have somewhere, I'm here." Hailey shrugged.

"That's cool." I said.

"In a way, you know you should be leaving now though, my dad is getting home soon and well-he's harder to impress." Hailey said.

"Thanks for letting me over." I smiled.

"Thank you for impressing my mom." Hailey smiled.

"It was nothing." I shrugged.

"Oh well, it was something to me." 

- - - - - - - - - - -

[A/N]: ah surprise update! and this one is a lot longer then all of my other chapters...but hey say hello to Hailey! shes pretty important so expect a lot of her.

Thank you for 1.1k reads! this is fantastic! Love you all.

p.s. didnt have anytime to look over this so sorry for an grammar or spelling errors. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

39.7K 1.2K 31
As a senior in high school, Laurie is befriended by a new boy named Calum and the two become inseparable immediately. But when she is taken hostage b...
89.8K 4.6K 29
a story in which a girl unsatisfied with herself falls in love with a boy who sees the true colors of her and love each other equally. [story and co...
429 3 21
Chelsea was just your ordinary girl. A good student, gets good grades, a sweet loving girl. There is only one problem behind her sweet loving smile...
5.7M 213K 57
She sings when she's home alone; he asks her to keep it down. {highest ranking: #2 fanfiction} © 2015 by dimplefeels