ten reasons why :: cake au

Por newbrxkencal

"I love you, Calum Hood." or in which luke fell in love with calum because of these ten reasons. Mais

reason one
reason two
reason three
reason four
reason five; part one
reason five; part two
reason six
reason eight
reason nine
reason ten

reason seven

266 26 3
Por newbrxkencal

Luke and Petunia are my favorite.
Btw I didn't edit so there's probably mistakes. yolo amirite

his touch.

"They always say in books that when that special someone touches you, you feel sparks and flames dance upon your skin. I thought they were liars until you touched me, and I felt it in my bones." -a.g.

-

Calum's touch has always been one of the few things that can actually calm me. I'm starting to believe that Calum is the only thing that can actually relieve my nerves and thoughts; he's the only thing that can keep me sane.

You know how cliché books and movies always portray two lovers touching as 'electric', or they somehow feel 'sparks'? I used to laugh at them. I used to make fun of them and tell people how stupid they were for actually believing in that bullshit.

It wasn't until Calum touched me for the first time when I realized that the books and movies were definitely not bullshit or lies. They were the total opposite, as a matter of fact. They were nothing but the beautiful truth.

Calum's touch came in stages, you could say: the goosebumps and shivers appear almost immediately, the heavy, yet calm, breathing begins, and the nervousness or anxiety or sadness or any other horrible emotion vanishes into thin air as if he had done a magic trick.

I'm not exactly sure how his touch can have this much of an effect on me, but I do know that his touch is electric, and there is definitely sparks.

-

"Luke, honey, I'm fine," Liz assured over the phone. "It's just a little bump. I'm sure it's nothing, but the doctors want me to come in just in case."

"But what if it's not nothing? What if you have-"

"Luke, stop thinking like that. Just come pick me up, and we'll talk about this later. Okay?"

"Fine. I'll be there soon," Luke grumbled into the phone. "Love you, ma."

"Love you too, sweetie."

Luke hung up the phone angrily and put it in his back pocket. He quickly slipped on his black vans and grabbed his keys before heading outside and into his car.

Liz, Luke's mom, has been complaining about this small bump on the side of her breast that has been bugging her for a few months now. She didn't think anything of it until she mentioned something to her friend, who is a nurse. Her friend told her to get ahold of her doctor just in case because you can never be too sure. Liz wasn't all that nervous, which confused Luke to no end.

Luke, on the other hand, was more nervous than anybody. What if something was wrong with his mom? What if she was dying?

Luke shook the thoughts out of his head as he started the car and pulled out of his driveway, heading towards his childhood home.

The ride seemed longer than usual, but maybe that was just because Luke was trapped in his thoughts, and he just wanted to get this over with to make sure that his mom was okay.

Luke watched carefully as his mother walked out of her house and into his passenger seat. He doesn't know why he's being so protective all of a sudden, but he doesn't care. He's just worried.

"Luke?" Liz asked while waving a hand in front of her sons face. "You ready?"

"Huh? Yeah, sorry." Liz gave him a small smile, which Luke returned, but barely.

"You've got nothing to worry about, sweetie. I'll be alright," Liz assured. Luke only nodded his head and sped down the road, heading to the doctors. He tapped his thumbs nervously on the steering wheel as they grew closer and closer to the building, and he couldn't help but let out a shaky breath as he opened the entrance door for his mother.

-

"So, Liz, we ran some blood test," the doctor said slowly. Luke could tell by his voice that this wasn't going to end good, so he let out a quiet sigh and gripped his mothers hand tightly. "And they came back positive."

"Positive for what?" Liz asked. Luke bit his lip harshly and waited for the doctor to say it. He knew what was happening, but he just needed the reassurance.

The doctor sighed sadly and reached over to squeeze Liz's knee before replying, "breast cancer."

And in that moment, in the complete silence that was engulfing the small room, Luke could only hear the screaming and pounding in his head that kept repeating those two words. Those two words that would haunt him forever.

"What stage?" Luke whispered shakily.

"Pardon?" The doctor asked, obviously not quite understanding what the blonde had said.

"What stage? What stage is she in?" Luke repeated much louder and with much more anger.

The doctor frowned, and Luke could only imagine how many time he had to do that a day, considering his frown lines were more evident than his laugh lines. "Stage four."

Luke took in a sharp breath, and it was as if everything that he has ever known has now vanished. The one person that he loves the most, besides Calum, is dying, and he can't do anything about it.

Liz was crying as the doctor told her that he wanted to start treatment immediately. Luke tuned them out completely, and it sounded like someone had put their hands over his hears like parents do with their kids when they hear a bad word.

"I-I'm sorry, mom. I need to get s-some air," Luke interrupted rudely, but quite frankly, he didn't care at the moment. Liz nodded her head, and Luke gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

He walked out of the room as fast as he could and sprinted down the hallways to reach the exit doors. As soon as he got outside, he threw up in the bushes that were on the side of the building.

Tears were crawling down his cheeks, and even if he had the energy to wipe them away, he wouldn't. There was no point because new ones would just take their place.

A loud sob escaped his parted lips as he took his phone out of his back pocket. He could barely see what he was doing due to his blurry vision, but he still managed to find Calum's contact.

"Hey, babe!" Calum answered cheerfully on the other line. Another choked sob left Luke's mouth at the sound of Calum's voice. He just couldn't stop crying. "Oh my, what's going on, Lukey?"

"C-Cal, I'm at the doc-doctors office with my mom-oh my god," Luke sobbed again as he remembered the news that they had gotten only moments before.

"Calm down, Lukey. Take a deep breath and tell me what's going on," Calum spoke softly, earning some sniffles in response. Luke did as told and took a deep breath before replying.

"C-Can you please just come to the doctors office? I really need you," Luke mumbled more calmly into the phone.

"Of course, Luke. I'll be there in three," Calum stated. Luke could hear shuffling on the other side of the phone and figured that Calum was fumbling around to get into his car. "I love you, Luke. I'll be right there."

"Okay. I love you, too," Luke replied before hanging up his phone and shoving it back into his pocket. He looked inside the door and immediately, his breathing started to go uneven. He knew what was happening, and started to pray that Calum would get here quicker.

Luke started to pace back and forth on the grass to try and calm himself down, but it was only making everything worse. His finger tips were starting to go numb, and he felt the tip of his nose go numb also.

"F-fuck," Luke whispered bitterly. Luke hated panic attacks. He's always gotten them since he was a young boy, so this was no surprise.

Calum showed up just as Luke started to gasp for air, and his eyes widened in shock when he realized what was happening.

"Luke, oh my gosh, what's going on?" Calum asked, getting panicked himself. "Here, put your arms over your head."

Calum gently grabbed his lovers shaking hands and set them on top of his blonde hair.

"C'mon, Lukey. Deep breaths," Calum instructed. He placed his large hands on Luke's cheeks and used his thumb to wipe away the tears that kept flowing. Shivers and goosebumps arose on Luke's arms due to Calum's actions, but he didn't mind. It was soothing. Calum knew that talking and touching calmed the younger boy, so that's exactly what he did. "Wanna know what I did today? I baked a cake for Mali's birthday party tomorrow. Wanna know what she did with it?"

"W-what?" Luke asked in between his hiccups. The skin on skin contact between Calum and Luke was enough to help Luke calm down his breathing, but he was still struggling.

"She ate it," Calum laughed. "Can you believe it? I spent two hours baking and frosting that cake for tomorrow, yet she still ate it."

Luke's soft laugh could be heard, so Calum knew that this was working.

"I told her to bake her own cake for tomorrow. Lord help her through this because she can't bake to save her life," Calum carried on and wiped the fresh tears that fell out of his eyes with one hand, and grabbed Luke's raised hand with his other.

"You know what we should do one day?" Calum asked sweetly. "We should bake a cake."

"C-Cal, I'm just like Mali. I-I can't bake to save my life," Luke replied more calmly. His breathing was now back to normal, and the only thing that he was still doing, was crying.

"Fine. I'll bake it, and you can eat," Calum suggested with a tiny giggle that made Luke's heart flutter.

Calum let his hand travel down to Luke's neck, and he pulled him in for a kiss. When Calum's lips touched Luke's, a spark ignited and it was as if they were kissing for the first time again. It made Luke's body go warm, and he placed his hands on the small of Calum's back.

"Wanna explain to me what's going on?" Calum asked after they both pulled away for air. Luke sighed and rested his forehead on Calum's shoulder.

Calum ran his long fingers through Luke's knotted hair and waited for him to reply.

"My mom has had this bump on her breast for a few months now, and she just got told that she has breast cancer. I-I couldn't even listen to all that the doctor had to say, and I ran out here. I'm s-so scared, Cal," Luke whimpered into Calum's shoulder. Calum's lips parted in shock, but he made sure that Luke didn't see.

"I'm so sorry, baby. Your mother doesn't deserve this. Nobody deserves this, but it's life, and she's gonna get through it," Calum assured. He lifted Luke's head from his shoulder and placed his hands on Luke's cheek again, making sure that he was looking into his eyes.

"Listen to me, Luke. You need to stay strong, not only for you, but for your mom. She just got the worst news that she could ever possibly get, and you're out here with me. She needs you right now, so go back in there and let her know that everything is going to be okay. Let her know that you're right here, and you're going to fight this battle with her. Okay?"

Luke placed his hands on top of Calum's and nodded his head understandingly.

"You're right. I should be in there right now comforting her. I'm being selfish," Luke stated with a frown. Calum shook his head, which only confused Luke.

"You're not selfish, babe. You're just sad."

Luke sighed for the umpteenth in the past hour and kissed Calum passionately. Shivers raced down Luke's spine, and it was as if it washed all of Luke's worries and troubles away.

"Thank you, Cal. For everything," Luke said with a small smile.

"Anytime. Now go be there for your mom. She needs you," Calum demanded and lightly tapped Luke's butt in a rushing way.

Luke chuckled quietly before opening the door, "I love you, Calum Hood."

"And I love you, Luke Hemmings."

-

His touch was only one reason, out of a million, as to how I fell so helplessly in love with Calum Hood.

-

Reason seven!
I'm not crying or anything.
This chapter was honestly so hard to write, and it's probably really bad and makes no sense.
Im sorry about that. But I still hope you enjoyed it! Please vote and comment. I love you guys so much!
-m.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

188K 7.5K 18
The one where michaels 20 year old brother makes a new friend and 15 year old michael is completely infatuated.
103K 6.6K 30
𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 | luke is an annoying piece of shit and calum loves it. lukehoodings, 2015
94.5K 3.7K 23
In which Calum Hood is a little fuckboy and becomes fuck buddies with Luke Hemmings In editing
125K 5.3K 16
Luke is always horny and Calum likes to watch him squirm. Cover changed. Completed 2016