Walkers Book 1- Changing

Av NocteLamia101

Day and Night Walkers have always hated each other. Even in our modern days with unstable peace reigning, not... Mer

Walkers
Part I - New and wrong - Chapter 1: Unfairness (Part 1)
Chapter 1: Unfairness (Part 2)
Chapter 2: Children of the Moon (Part 1)
Chapter 2: Children of the Moon (Part 2)
Chapter 3: Crying for help (Part 1)
Chapter 4: A light in total darkness (Part 1)
Chapter 4: A light in total darkness (Part 2)
Chapter 5: Powerless (Part 1)
Chapter 5: Powerless (Part 2)
Chapter 6: Dreaming wide awake (Part 1)
Chapter 6: Dreaming wide awake (Part 2)
Chapter 7: Trusting and believing (Part 1)
Chapter 7: Trusting and believing (Part 2)
Chapter 8: Strange victory (Part 1)
Chapter 8: Strange victory (Part 2)
Chapter 9: Swimming in blood (Part 1)
Chapter 9: Swimming in blood (Part 2)
Chapter 10: Facing the truth
Chapter 11: Confessions
Chapter 12: Confusing moments
Chapter 13: Bloody secret (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Bloody secret (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Forever Silenced
Chapter 15: Uncolored
Part II - Dead To Me - Chapter 16: The new norm
Chapter 17: The hunter and the prey (Part 1)
Chapter 17: The hunter and the prey (Part 2)
Chapter 18: Fire and ice (Part 1)
Chapter 18: Fire and ice (Part 2)
Chapter 19: Begging for mercy (Part 1)
Chapter 19: Begging for mercy (Part 2)
Chapter 20: Chaos
Acknowledgements

Chapter 3: Crying for help (Part 2)

971 46 3
Av NocteLamia101

The other half of the chapter just for you :)

Picture: Kendall Jenner as Maria Preston

Song: Save me by Remy Zero

Maria

      Was Maria imagining things, or were the Night Walker boys really cute? No, she suddenly though, they weren’t cute, they were hot. They all seemed to have that dark sexy side that she couldn’t ever find in a Day Walker; it was sadly very attractive.

      “It’s weird how most of them have black hair.” Her best friend Drew pointed out. “It’s so hard to get that colour naturally.”

It was finally lunch time and Maria, Gwen, Drew her twin brother Blake, Jaden and his brother/boyfriend Axel were all having lunch at the cafeteria. They all made it through the three first periods unharmed. Sure there had been a few close calls, but what more could you expect on the first day? 

“You’re just mad because your hair isn’t that colour.” Maria pointed out to her friend as she looked at herself in her miniature mirror to make sure that her hair was still perfect.

“I’m so tired.” Gwen suddenly said, changing the subject. “I’ve been up since six this morning because I couldn’t sleep, and I’m the one who drove the four hours to get here because Dylan doesn’t have his permit.” She complained as she yawned, putting her arms on the table and her head on top.

“What kind of schedule is this, anyway?” Jaden exclaimed. “We start school at five in the afternoon and finish at midnight, midnight! I thought I was going to fall off my chair in Walker History because I was so bored and tired. Oh, by the way this year, History’s taught by a Night Walker.” He announced in disgust.       

Drew immediately kicked the table at his announcement. “Damn it!” She shouted, making a few heads turn their way. “That was my favourite subject!”

      Blake finally decided to speak up. “We’re supposed to adjust to the new time schedule.” He pointed out. “Besides, in about a week or two we’ll get used it.  Just, I don’t know, drink coffee in the mean time, and hope that the caffeine buzz will keep you awake and in a good mood long enough to deal with the Nights.”

      “Drinking coffee, I can do that, good idea Blake, really great idea.” Gwen said lifting her head back up. “Oh, look there’s my brother. Dylan! Dylan!” She yelled waving her arms. 

He had just entered the cafeteria with Tanner and Jonas. The three of them making girls’ heads turn their way; sometimes Maria felt proud to say that Tanner was her brother, sometimes.

“What!” Dylan yelled from the other side of the cafeteria.

      “If you’re going to stand in line for no reason” Gwen shouted back. “Can you buy me some coffee, please? I’ll pay you back later Hun’” She asked her twin. Again, everyone in the room now seemed to be looking at their table; not that Maria minded the extra attention.

“Yeah, fine, whatever,” Dylan simply responded from the other end of the room as he went to go stand in line to get his lunch.

      Maria thought it was a great idea; she was going to tell Tanner to get some coffee for her as well, but he seemed to have read her mind. “No!” Tanner yelled from across the cafeteria before she could even say anything. “I’m not wasting money on you!” She gave him the finger in response, making vampires around them laugh.

      The cafeteria was by far the strangest part of the school that she’d seen up until now, Maria noticed. The walls were made of real grey stone, the floors were marble and the chairs and tables were like in normal High Schools. There were lots of chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings and there was a huge fireplace on the north end of the cafeteria. It was the warmest place in the entire school. It was filled with Day Walkers that wanted to get away from the cold. The Nights were only there to eat, and they kept their distances from the fire and everyone else.

“The food’s gross” Maria commented while picking at her spaghetti. “I miss Hector’s professional cooking.” At least when they were at home, the food was good. In fact, last year it wasn’t as bad, Maria supposed that this year it was Nights that were making the it meals; it was almost insulting that the Days had to eat  whatever their disgusting hands touched.

“I know right.” Drew said tossing her light brown hair back. “If I were in charge of this place, I would def—”

Drew was interrupted by a crowd of Walkers gathering around into a circle in the center of the cafe. “Fight! Fight! Fight!” The vampires shouted.

After starring at each other for a few seconds, the six of them got up in a flash to go encouraged the fighters. They rudely pushed everyone in front of them out of their way, until they made it to the front of the circle. There was a boy Night Walker and a girl Day Walker turning in circles around each other waiting for an opening to attack. Maria had a vague impression that she had already seen the girl. She remembered the Night Walker from her Vampireologie class, his name was either Chayton or Evander; she didn’t really care, in her eyes, he was just a stupid night vampire anyway.

Just when the girl was about to launch herself towards the Night, someone from behind grabbed her by the stomach; it was Jonas.

“Put me down!” The girl told him as she struggled to get out of his hold. “Jonas! Let me at him! I’m going to kill him!”

“Viola, sweetie” He told her calmly trying to keep his hold on his girlfriend. “Let it go, he’s just a jerk.”

“But, he told me that I had a top quality ass and that he would love to take a bite out of it someday!” Viola argued still fighting.

The crowd broke into excited whispers as they all watched Jonas put Viola down immediately; Maria felt the tension in the air. Jonas seemed more furious than ever. Viola quickly left the circle, and went to go stand next to Dylan, arms wrapped around herself, for some reason she now seemed nervous.

Jonas turned toward the Night Walker with a dangerous expression. “First you threaten to kill Dylan” He said to him sounding rather threatening. “And then you talk dirty to my girlfriend! What the hell is wrong with you?!”

“Hey Day Walker” The night vampire responded smiling and then liking his lips. “It’s the damn circle of life, where the fuck have you been?”

“That’s it!” Jonas exclaimed, before sucker punching Evander/Chayton right across the face, and then kicking him in the stomach, and throwing him across a few tables using his vampire strength.

Some of the Day Walkers cheered, including Maria happy to see some action going on for a change. But his victory was short lived because suddenly a short bright green eyed Night Walker appeared and quickly grabbed Jonas by the arm and twisted it so that he would fall to his knees, and just when the Night was going to break Jonas’s arm, another vampire appeared and pinned the Night Walker against the wall.

“Oh, come on! Seriously Tanner!” Maria yelled when she recognized the Walker. She was furious that her brother ruined a perfectly good fight, as usual. His fangs were out and he had the look, on his face.

The look could scare the life out of anyone who would dare to mess with him. Maria was running across the cafeteria to calm her brother down and maybe kick that Night Walker’s behind, when a girl night vampire appeared and pinned her against the nearest wall. Maria immediately recognized the girl that they—okay she— had humiliated in Vampireologie. What was her name? Something Brooks, she recalled. Anyway, Maria didn’t think about it for long; if the bitch wanted to fight, so be it. Maria kicked her in the stomach and then launched herself at the Night that was fighting Tanner. She heard someone in the cafe call the Night Walker Cole and the girl Hayden, at least now she would know their names when she’ll carve it into their graves.

In a flash, Cole threw Tanner across the room and then suddenly before she even knew it, he had pinned Maria to the ground. She immediately kicked him off, making him land on one of the tables. She turned her head and noticed that practically everyone that was in the cafeteria was fighting against someone; well this was definitely was turn of events, she thought. Vampires, food, chairs and tables were flying all across the room, and Maria could smell blood in the air. The bloodlust that she always carried around with her suddenly awoke even more, her mouth was practically watering because of the hunger.

While she was distracted, the vampire named Hayden, kicked Maria in the stomach and made her stubble backwards. Cole got up and kicked Maria forward, causing her to fall facedown on the floor. She just lay there, hoping they would leave her alone; maybe even think she was dead. It was around eight o’clock at night; she really didn’t feel like fighting. Even though if Maria wanted too, she could kick their butts, but she was hungry and extremely tired, so her butt whooping techniques were a little off at the moment. 

Cole grabbed her by the neck, lifted her up and then pinned her hard against the wall. His fangs were out and he had a perfect opening of her neck. He could drink from her if he wanted too; Maria was praying that the rumours about that weren’t true.

“Cole that’s enough” Hayden said to him. She didn’t move, she just watched. “We already got too carried away, let her go.”

Cole licked his lips and looked at Maria with hungry eyes. “Well, why not?” He said turning his head towards Hayden.  “You said I couldn’t beat up her brother, you never said anything about her.” His paused and starred back at Maria. “And she looks so good.”

“Tanner!” Maria screamed completely terrified. “Tanner help, Tanner! Please!” She couldn’t see her brother, Cole was blocking her view. 

      “Maria!” She heard her twin shout back. 

            “Cole, don’t do it.” Hayden warned him. “Her brother will kill us both if you do.”

            Hell yeah he will, Maria instantly thought. Cole finally changed position and Maria was able to catch a glimpse of her twin. He was fighting at least twelve people at once and winning. Yeah, her brother was badass, she proudly thought. Looking at Tanner, Maria could tell he was rushing through it, so he could come and save her. But deep down, she knew that he wasn’t going to make it in time.

 “Tanner!” Maria yelled again, even though it was hopeless. She was so screwed.  

Cole looked down at Maria with a devious smile. “It looks like your brother’s busy.” He said to her in a strange voice.

Just when Cole’s teeth were about to pierce Maria’s skin, someone pulled him back, and Maria fell to the floor with a loud bang, hitting her head hard. It took her a few seconds to recompose herself, and when she looked up, to her surprise it was Hayden who had pulled Cole back. She was holding him against the wall the exact same way he had been holding Maria a few seconds ago.

“We’re not monsters Cole!” The Night Walker shouted at him.

To her surprise and clearly to Hayden’s as well, Cole actually laughed. It was a cold senile laugh, it was close to evil. “You know what Brooks?” Cole said to the Night Walker. “You stopped being fun since you were fourteen. Too bad, I liked you better then.” He then spat right in her face.

He must have struck a nerve, because Hayden grabbed Cole even tighter by the neck and then threw him to the ground. “And you stopped being fun since that day you let my dad beat me up!” She punched him. “Oh, and in case you haven’t clued in yet Cole Ross, we’re done.” Were the last things Hayden said to him, before punching him unconscious.

The Night Walker had willingly attacked her own kind—her boyfriend—for a Day Walker. Even after the humiliation that Maria had made Hayden suffer in class, the Walker had still helped her. Maria supposed that Hayden’s relationship with her boyfriend must have been horrible to begin with to do such a thing. Or maybe, the Night Walker was just a fair vampire. Nah, Maria immediately brushed away that thought, no such thing existed.

There was a small silence between her and the Night Walker, before Maria finally spoke up. “Thanks” She said to her as she struggled to get up from the ground. When Maria was back on her feet, she felt extremely dizzy.

“Careful.” Hayden warned making her way towards her, stepping over Cole’s body. “You lost a lot of blood.” She saw the Night Walker’s lips twitch at the word. It was only then that she felt her golden blood drip down from her head.

The thought of her blood made her slightly dizzier. Maria would have fallen down, if her brother hadn’t suddenly appeared to catch her. In a blur, she then stared around the now fuzzy looking cafeteria. Most of the fights were over and a lot of Walkers were trying to get out before more teacher showed up. Maria looked up at her twin; Tanner looked fuzzy and perfectly unscratched.

“Thanks for helping my sister.” She heard Tanner say to Hayden, while trying to put Maria back on to her feet, and catching her when she fell again. After a few seconds, she felt him pick her up in his strong arms, probably giving up on the hope of her walking.

“Well, you were busy.” Hayden simply responded, shrugging. In a flash, something in Hayden’ eyes changed. She went from normal and careless, to mad and furious. “Just don’t get used to it, Day Walker.” And with that, the Night Walker stormed out of cafeteria.

What’s her problem? Were Maria’s last thoughts before closing her eyes, and giving into the darkness.

So, what do you think? So far are you more a Night or a Day Walker fan? Who's your favorite character? Why?

Thank you all so much for reading, stay tuned for more!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

581 44 19
<> BOOK ONE of The Forbidden Series <> The Night Fury and Lunar Eclipse packs have battled over territory for centuries. Chloe Gillman is the little...
6.1M 147K 41
Ariana Belle was the typical quiet girl. She was the weak link in the ferocious Crimson Pack. She was shunned by everyone except for two people, her...
275K 9.2K 63
Cover: @PhoenixKing98 Excerpt- "'We can't... I can't." His eyes darkened even with my encouraging words and calm manner. He jerked my hand away...
2.1K 118 37
Welcome to Solasta Academy, the most prestigious school for the young supernatural in the world. Be careful what you wish for...death is always aroun...