Stone Layers

By TheActress

Attractive royals, college drop-out/runaways, Harley Davidson's and an eery old castle. Bea Bell runs away du... More

Stone Layers
Batman
Klutz
Natural
16 Languages
Stupid Girl
Romeo and Juliet
Falling in Love
Absolutely Everything
Thank You!

Taken Man

114 16 1
By TheActress

Thank you PhobiaKat for editing this. (even though I bugged you about it.)

Taken Man

6

I sit on the ledge of the second floor living room and read. It's quite relaxing. But someone could come behind me, push me off and I would break my legs. The ledge over looks the open room. Also it's probably note wise for me to do this, but I've always considered myself a fool.

Michael hasn't really been around for the past couple days. I don't know whether he's on business or avoiding me. Because I'm certainly avoiding him.

Speak of the devil. He walks into the large room on the first floor and is talking with Martin. I don't think either one knows I'm there. I watch Michael as he talks with the older gentlemen.

Michael is attractive. There's no doubt about it. I think he knows it too. With his style, class, and accent it can make any girl go crazy. And an American girl goes even crazier for a man like him.

Standing at 6'2" he's pretty tall and he's well built so it gives a model affect. And don't get me started on his chair.

"When you're done staring at me there is a dress in your room for the party tonight." Michael startles me and I fall off onto the floor. Not the first floor, the second floor that was a mere two feet from the rail. So I'm not injured, just embarrassed.

I look over the ledge and squeak out an ok. I can hear their chuckles as I go down the hall ready to cry.

Captain Klutz strikes again!

•••••••••••

Yet again dresses lay on my bed. This time a wider selection complete with matching shoes and accessories. This is a girl's heaven.

A black one sleeved dress finds it's way to my body. I take a pair of black strap heels to wear with the dress that originally went with another dress. Who cares. A cluster necklace, long statement ring, and a pair of drop earrings complete the outfit.

I definitely won't be mistaken as someone's mother tonight.

•••••••••••••

The party is smaller and in the main dinning room, unlike the last party, this one only has about 10-15 people. A lady is walking around and greeting people acting like a real beauty queen. She finally comes to me. Oh joy.

"Hello."Her accent is even more proper then she is.

"Hello."I shake her hand.

"What's your name?" She smiles with her horse teeth. I mean white teeth. Honest mistake.

"Bea Bell." I smile. Be nice. Be nice. Be nice.

"I'm Lady Whitney."

"Well hi." She reminds me of a Disney Princess on crack. She might be on crack. Or a princess. It is the 21st century you know.

"How do you know the duke?" She asks.

"It's a long story." I laugh.

"I hear you're staying here?" Is this 20 questions.

"Yeah. I crashed my motorcycle into his front yard and he's letting me stay here until it's fixed." I look around the room for Michael and he's not anywhere to be seen.

"Oh how kind." Whitney clasps her hands together and looks me up and down.

"How do you know him?" I ask.

"Oh." She laughs. "We're engaged."

"Oh." I laugh like her. "Really?"

"Yeah were getting married in a few weeks. Oh I'd love if you came." She grabs my hands in hers. Not a chance.

"We'll see. "I match her fake smile.

"Ok. Goodbye." Lady Whitney walks off to great the other peasants.

Engaged.

Really?

Well that's just makes things awkward. Maybe he's just a flirt with everyone. Now I feel extremely embarrassed about everything. I was such a flirt!

Oh God.

Then I start thinking about what he said about Zach. He really has no right to say anything. He's getting engaged for Christ's sakes! The sooner this dinner is over the better. Maybe I can drink my way into oblivion to forget tonight.

I've heard I'm a fun drunk.

Everyone takes a seat at the table and I make sure I choose a spot far away from Michael. He gives me a strange look when I sit in between his aunt, who I later found out is fabulous, and his friend. Michael sits at the head of the table with Lady Whitney on his left and a large man to his right. This is also the first time I've noticed that all the women look at Michael like he's a golden ticket.

Where's Willy Wonka when you need him?

Throughout the entire dinner I stay quiet. At one point Michael makes eye contact with me and mouths, "Are you ok." I nod and look interested in the conversation at the other end of the table. I didn't see Whitney watching Michael ask me that and after my response she gripped his hand tighter.

"So I was thinking gold and lavender as our colors. Also to have a spotlight on us the entire time." Whitney gushes about wedding details.

"It's always about her." The lady whispers next to me. I choke on my wine as I laugh. People give us strange looks as the older lady and I are chuckling. We are holding our stomachs and wiping tears from our eyes.

She makes commentary the entire night and it's fabulous. Everyone else looks like their having a dry time but Aunt Gwendela, the older lady, and myself are having a riot. They say everything gets better with age. I guess at 87 everything's extraordinary.

At the end of dinner I say goodbye to her and I exit the dinning room to avoid people. I kick my shoes off in front of my bed room door and I continue to the library.

That was a waste of my time.

•••••••••••

"For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo."

Now I have to find another book.

I stand up from the couch and walk around the second floor of the library. I've gone through 5 books in my week here. All amazing, and all old. There isn't a wide variety of newer books.

"Might I suggest a book?" I turn and there's a rather round man walking up the stairs with 10 books in his hands.

"Uh sure." I smile and take some of the books from him. He hands me a book, it's quite thick.

"The complete collection of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Conan Doyle." I read the title aloud.

"Thank you," I smile, "Is it good?"

"Extraordinary." The man whispers. "George." He extends his hand.

"Bea." I shake his hand then go back to my couch that I've claimed. George walks around putting his books back in various spots.

"My son's told me about you." I look up from the book.

"Son?" Crap.

"Yeah." He walks over and sits by me.

"So do you like my son?"

"No." I try and start reading the book.

"I think he likes you." George smiles.

"No he doesn't." I mumble as I try and read.

"I saw the way he was looking at you and then I saw the way Whitney was looking at him for looking at you." George reminds me of a teenager girl that craves gossip.

"He doesn't have feelings for me, sir." I look up at him briefly.

"I know my son. He does." George has a sly grin on his face.

"He's getting married in like a week." I remind him.

"I was engaged to someone else when I meet his mother." George leans back in the chair and rests his hands on his round belly.

"Ok. Nope. No. No way are we having this conversation." I stand up with the book and start down the stairs.

"I'm sorry. I stepped over the line."

"It's fine. Don't worry about it." I wave behind me.

"Goodnight, Miss Bea." George calls as I make my way downstairs.

"Yeah. You too." I high tail it out of there.

That man was insane!

Who does that? Who would randomly try and set their son up or anybody for the matter up with a random person. I'm not royalty, gorgeous, or rich. I'm some random girl from San Francisco.

I walk back to my room and grab my shoes from in front of the door. I drop my book when I see Michael sitting in a chair by the fireplace. At least I didn't fall backwards like I normally do. He looks at me when he hears the thumping and he stands up along with me.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I came to see if you were ok. That's the quietest you've been all week." He makes a breathy laugh and his eyes are filled with concern.

"I'm just tired."I yawn and set my book and shoes down.

"Have you seen my father?" Michael asks and takes a few steps near me, but I walk the other way.

"Library." I take the hair pins out and set them on the vanity.

"Oh." He walks a little closer to me.

"I'm tired you should go." I turn to face him.

"I'm not tired." I push him out my door and close the door some.

"Well go screw your fiancée or something. Maybe she's still awake. She needs to loosen up a bit." Michael puts his foot in the way of closing the door all the way.

"You didn't know I was engaged did you?" He has a smirk on his charming face.

"No. Because the constant flirting plus the ice cream instance didn't really scream 'taken man'." I look up at him and he has a smile on his face.

Bastard.

He moves his foot from the door, but I leave it open. "You're going to break my heart aren't you?" Michael smiles down at me.

"We'll see." I wink and I slam the door in his face.

That's how you get the job done.

*[*[^]^{^]*[++{£}*}^]^[^[*]+]+

Comment or vote! tell me what you think! or what should happened! if you love it or not!.

Or do nothing at all. Up to you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 1.3K 21
This is book two of @Daddys Princess _____________________________ "I gotta go..." Dolline said quietly towards him. "Cmon, five minutes" He said a...
393K 16.8K 43
I meet him at the right time. Or a completely wrong one, depending on the perspective you look from. I am not the one to fall head over heels in love...
22.6K 553 32
"I'm sorry" He said while hugging me. "Why? Why are you doing this? Why are you breaking up with me?"I asked as I hugged him like my life depended on...
282K 8.1K 18
The blade of my hidden knife stops just a few centimetres from the prince's warm skin of his neck. He lays there, eyes closed and rhythmic breathing...