A Quarter Mile Away

Claireaabell द्वारा

Ranked #01 for Teen Fiction X4 *A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY!* WHS Story of the Month Winner: Teen Fiction The Fi... अधिक

Coming soon!
Must read before you begin the story
A Quarter Mile Away - Soundtrack
Spotify?? Updated
Reviews
Prologue
1 - Because Of You
2 - Love Runs Out
3 - One Step At A Time
4 - Domino
5 - Photograph
6 - We Don't Have To Dance
7 - Unwritten
8 - Roads Untraveled
9 - The Sun Is Rising
10 - Firestarter
12 - Counting Stars
13 - Company
14 - Give Me Love
15 - The Heart Wants What It Wants
16 - Me And My Broken Heart
17 - Umbrella
18 - Jealous
19 - Cool Kids
Curiosity killed the cat - Updated
20 - That's My Girl
21 - Rockabye
22 - Crazy
23 - Treat You Better
Woohoo!!
24 - Turn Around
25 - This Is What You Came For
26 - Tunnel Vision
Holy Shiznit!!!
27 - Family Portrait
28 - Let Me Love You
29 - Untouched
30 - Left Outside Alone
31 - Confident
32 - Talking To The Moon
33 - No Air
34 - Dont Be So Hard On Yourself
35 - Love The Way You Lie - Part 1
36 - Love The Way You Lie - Part 2
37 - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
38 - Do You Remember
Epilogue
What now?
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2.0
Issues with chapters?
Full Speed Ahead
Im back!!!

11 - Hymn For The Weekend

201K 9.3K 3.6K
Claireaabell द्वारा

Please listen to Hymn For The Weekend - Coldplay for this entire chapter

* * *

He was like a magnet. No matter how hard you try to keep the magnets separate, they suck you in. I was drawn to him and I knew if he was going to kiss me, I wouldn't even think about pulling away. I knew I would invite his touch and that much worried me.

A pair of bright headlights had other plans for us as it blurred the side of our vision, breaking our hypnotic state. "Stay in here" Jaxon mumbled with an annoyed tone as he got out of the car to greet his friend.

I shook my head in disappointment at myself. Was I seriously just about to let him kiss me? What the hell was I thinking?! I'm not going through that heartache again, it's seriously not worth it.

I watched them as they gave each other a man hug, Jaxon then started pointing to the car and then to me to which the mechanic smiled and waved in my direction, so to be polite I reciprocated the gesture.

A few minutes later Jaxon came back into the car and smiled at me but didn't say anything. As I stared at him expectedly, my cheeks flushed red and a slow smile creeped on my face "Well?"

He chuckled at my reaction "He's towing the car to his shop and we'll follow him in an hour or so."

"In an hour? OK, so what do we do till then?"

He smiled as he turned the ignition on to his car "We go have dinner."

"WHAT! No!" my eyes widened in horror.

He just looked at me with a confident smirk "Why, you scared you might fall in love with me?"

I busted out laughing and playfully slapped his shoulder "You got jokes. That's cute."

He didn't say anything, his smirk just remained on his face as he drove to the destination only he knew about.

* * *

We arrived at a small diner only a few minutes away from the mechanics which worked out perfectly, but I think that was Jaxon's purpose.

"What can I get the lovely couple?"

I was peacefully reviewing the menu while we sat quietly in a booth when I heard those words, my head shot up to the waitress who was smiling innocently at us "uh-we aren't together" I managed to clarify the confusion.

Or so I assumed.

The waitress smiled at us "Aww ya'll on a first date? That's so cute! Love must be in the air as my daughter has one tonight as well."

I just shook my head repeatedly at her, not knowing what to say.

I looked at Jaxon for some help but he's just got his left arm draped over the booth, with a smug smile glued to his face directed at me.

"Babe what do you want to eat?" He says while his grin got wider in amusement.

"Aww you are adorable!! Glenda!! You gotta see how cute this couple are, much nicer than the other ones last night"

I gaped at both Jaxon and then the waitress "I-" I stopped in my tracks, realising that this argument was pointless. Rolling my eyes at Jaxon's smirk "I'll have a chicken BLT sandwich please."

As soon as Jaxon ordered and the waitress walked off, I instantly leaned over the table and slapped his arm that was resting on the table.

"I can't believe you did that to me."

It's disappointing that Jaxon didn't even flinch at my hit, I kind of wished I had I inflicted some kind of pain to him, even if it was just a little.

"You love it" he says in between his laughs.

"Trust me, I don't. I'm not like the girls you're used to."

"I've noticed" the serious tone in his voice catches my attention as I looked back at him.

He's just sitting there observing me "That's what I like about you" he says with conviction.

He likes me? Likes me how? My heart started to palpitate faster as his words sunk in. What is he doing to me? This is not good. I need to keep my distance from him from now on, or at least try. I wasn't comfortable with this new feeling what was appearing.

I started laughing "You don't know me at all Jaxon."

"Maybe you should stop pushing me away and let me get to know you. It's like you're always ready to make a run for it" his eyes burning through me.

I purposely always have one foot out the door, ready to make a quick exit. I had to be on a constant lookout for anyone from my past. There was nothing stopping my mum from finding us and forcing us back home because technically, I had no guardianship over Alena. I had an ex-boyfriend who won't go away and always seems to find me no matter where I am, I don't have time for more drama in my life and to be frank, I can't trust anyone here, including Jaxon.

I nervously placed a strand of hair behind my ear "Uh- So rumour has it you race?" I asked, drastically changing the subject.

He noticed the change of topic with the way his eyes suddenly widened, but respectfully didn't push the topic further. You can tell that he wasn't expecting me to be so blunt about the racing, it's not like I had time to beat around the bush.

"Uh- That depends."

"On what?"

"Your thoughts about racing?"

I contemplated my answer for a few seconds "I enjoy it."

"You enjoy racing?" He raised an eyebrow in shock. I'm not too pleased with the way he emphasised on the word You, but I didn't press the matter further.

Of course. As soon as a girl shows interest in something guys believe is a "man's sport" they think we are lying or playing a joke on them.

So I decided to pretend and play dumb as I laughed while shaking my head "No, I meant I enjoy watching it."

It disappointed me when I saw him relax a little after my comment.

"Well in that case, I do race. It's fun. I can take you one night if you want to go check the scene out."

'Oh, dear God. This is perfect!'

I genuinely smiled at him and nodded in excitement "I'd love that!"

He smiled in approval of my agreeing to go with him to check the tracks out.

"Food for the beautiful couple."

I groaned at her comment while Jaxon leaned his head back to let out a hearty laugh.

After 30 minutes of talking about random little things like favourite colour, music we listen to, favourite book etc., we made our way to the counter. I leaned into my bag to grab my purse out but I felt an arm drape around me and hug me tightly to his chest.

"Jaxon, let me go" my voice muffled against his chest as he opened his wallet to pay for our food.

"Don't mind my girlfriend, she's so stubborn sometimes" Jaxon said to the waitress who was smiling gleefully at us and looked like she was ready to cry bundles of joy.

"Ya'll are just so adorable! Have a lovely night."

Jaxon smiled at her before walking us back to the car, with him arm still locked around me.

"You're annoying. Why'd you do that" I said when I managed to get out of his grasp.

"Because I knew Ms. Independent would have a hissy fit about someone else paying and I wanted to witness it."

"Thank you for dinner. Don't ever try to suffocate me like that again......but thank you."

He smirked while winking at me "Let's go see how your car is."

I rolled my eyes at him while the smile knowingly appeared slowly on my face as I got into the car.

After a few minutes, we arrived at the mechanics where I could see someone leaning over the hood of my car examining it.

"Yo!" Jaxon shouted out. The mechanic just turned his head and smiled at us giving me a good view of what he looked like. He definitely looked to be around the same age as us. It didn't take a genius to see that he definitely has good looks on his side, nice hazel eyes, short brown hair that is currently flickering everywhere and a smile to die for.

His eyes instantly landed on mine and just like that I'm glued to the spot as I focused on his eyes, he looked so familiar. Where have I seen him? I couldn't put my finger on it but it was going to do my head in until I figured it out. If he worked in cars, chances are he raced, so I've probably seen him on the racing scene before.

"Avery, this is one of my best friends, Drew."

"Drew, this is Avery."

He smiled warmly at me "Nice to meet you Avery."

Drew? As in Andrew?

* * *

A/N: OMG! Andrew!? Do you guys think its her brother or a case of mistaken identity?

If you liked this chapter please vote for it!

xx

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Childhood Sweethearts Lauren Jackson द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
Kissing My Ex ✔ Chelsea K. Free द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

1M 22K 52
Guardians of Freecaster High #1 "That doesn't make any sense. You were the one who left me. You didn't care anymore." "If I didn't care, Alexis, then...
310K 9.6K 29
COMPLETED, CURRENTLY EDITING/PARTIALLY REWRITING (please excuse the mess. Some of the plot is being changed so there might be a few areas that get co...
30.1K 1.2K 50
No. 1 in #Cagefighter 06/20/19 "You don't understand. I know a lot of bad people, Dani. People that will try to hurt me by hurting the people I care...