Teen Ascendants 👑 S.S.

By twstorylover

Stiles finds that he can't forgive Allison for what she did to all of them which puts Scott in an awkward spo... More

Tattoo
Tattoo part 2
Chaos Rising
Chaos Rising part 2
Fireflies
Fireflies part 2
Unleashed
Unleashed part 2
Frayed
Frayed part 2
Motel California
Motel California part 2
Currents
Currents part 2
Visionary
The Girl Who Knew Too Much
The Girl Who Knew Too Much part 2
The Overlooked part 2
Alpha Pact
Alpha Pact part 2
Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse part 2
Sneak Peek

The Overlooked

4K 126 86
By twstorylover

A strong storm quickly descended over Beacon Hills and the hospital had instantly transformed into a madhouse. Doctors, nurses and EMT's were rushing through the halls as they were rolling gurneys and carrying patients and portable equipment out of the building.

Melissa McCall was included in all of this chaos. Her nerves had already been high enough that night when she heard that there had been another death at the school. A teacher had been killed at the recital and she had no word from Scott, Stiles or the Sheriff. She was trying very hard to stay focused on helping with the relocation. She kicked into high gear when a tree branch flew in and shattered a nearby window shocking her, as well as everyone next to her.

"Okay!" she called through the roar of the storm outside. "All identification should be sealed inside the plastic bags and the patients carry it in their hands," she began to instruct the trainee nurses. "When you've completely evacuated the room you mark the door with a red X, okay?" The nurses then dispersed to begin helping in the evacuation.

One of the doctors pushed his way over to her. "What the hell is going on? The weather called for a mild thunderstorm this morning."

Melissa had a feeling that it was supposed to be just a mild thunderstorm but something, or someone, was behind this surprise disaster. "And now they're saying that power is out in several towns. Hill Valley is under a flood watch."

"I live in Hill Valley," the doctor told her.

It was clear to her that he wanted to get back, most likely he had loved ones back home. She could understand his feelings but there was still some last minute things to take care of here first. "Are your patients clear?" she asked him.

He looked at his clipboard. "All, except for Cora Hale."

Melissa knew that Stiles had brought Cora in and the last time she'd seen her, her brother Derek had been with her. She needed to tell him that they had to move her. And, she hoped that he might've heard something about her son and the others.

Peter Hale was by Cora's bedside wiping the sweat from her brow. Derek had called and told him that he had to head off to help with the Darach and he needed to get to the hospital and watch Cora for him. As he stood by her, he didn't understand why Cora wasn't healed already. From what he heard, she just suffered a small blow to the head. It shouldn't be taking this long or had gotten this bad.

"Hey, anyone want to tell me when they're getting my niece out of here!" he yelled out to the hall amidst the sound of people rushing along outside.

But then someone moved to enter the room. "Sorry, but she wasn't-" It was Melissa who walked in but she froze at the sight of Peter Hale, who took a surprised step back himself. The last time they had seen each other was during their disaster of a date a couple of months ago. Melissa's stomach jumped as she saw him as she now knew and understood fully who he was and what he had done to her son and his friend as well as the trouble he caused. "You're supposed to be dead," she muttered.

Peter shrugged. "I get that a lot," he said nonchalantly before he turned back to his niece.

"What happened to Derek?" she asked him keeping her distance from him.

"He had to go. Said something about helping out with what happened at the school."

The desire to learn about the boys started to overpower her nervousness on him and she stepped forward a bit. "Any word on Scott, Stiles or any of the others?"

He just sent a smirk her way. "If you're worried about your son, don't. He and his friends have a tendency of coming out...relatively unscathed."

Funny enough, that didn't make Melissa feel better. But the tension jumped up when the monitors started to beep more quickly and loudly right before Cora sat up in her bed and then gagged out a mix of black blood and brown powder. Melissa's eyes widened as she recognized what the powder was.

_________

Over at the loft, Jennifer Blake pulled the entrance door open and started to stomp into the room. "Derek!" she called out. She then started running further inside. "Derek, where are you?"

"Right here."

Jennifer turned around and saw Derek walking slowly up from a corner of the room. "Oh thank god," she muttered as she then ran to him. She went in for a hug. "Something happened, at the recital, at the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear any of it from them."

"Hear it from who?" Derek asked her calmly.

"Scott. Stiles. They're going to tell you things. Things you can't believe. Okay, you have to trust me."

"What is it?" he asked looking right at her.

"Promise you'll listen to me," she pleaded to him.

Derek nodded. "Promise," he said softly.

Jennifer then went and gave Derek a soft kiss but pulled back suddenly when she felt that he wasn't being responsive to it. She looked back at him with a sullen face. "They're already here, aren't they?" Derek gave her a look before he turned his gaze to look over her shoulder. Jennifer turned around and saw Scott and Stiles step out from around the corner. The both of them looking at her with hard stares. Her jaw stiffened a bit. "So...they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott was seething inside. Derek wasn't a person that could open up easily and then Ms. Blake came along and he could see Derek begin to finally start letting someone in. But she was only using Derek from the start to get close to them so they wouldn't suspect her, not until it was too late.

"Oh, that's right," she said with a sarcastic tone. "Committing human sacrifices, while cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour that way I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense."

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked her. His face was hard and firm but his eyes were shining from unshed tears.

Scott could sense Stiles' tension and sorrow as his friend stood next to him. He knew how scared that Stiles had been with bringing his father into all of this and how he had feared something happening to him. Ms. Blake had literally brought his worst fears to life.

"How should I know?" she asked them. She then turned to Derek. "Derek, tell me you don't believe them."

Scott took a sniff in their direction and narrowed his eyes. "He already does," Scott said making Ms. Blake look back at him. "I could sense it from here. Probably because he can't sense anything from you there." Scott tilted his head towards his best friend. "Stiles figured it out on the way here. We've never really been able to sense anything from you. Nothing. None of your emotions, at least outside when you thought it was safe for us to." He took a visible sniff. "Only the scent of honey, to mask the scent of mistletoe and blood."

Stiles narrowed his eyes a bit at that. He couldn't believe that he hadn't seen it sooner. He should've figured that Ms. Blake was hiding something. All those times with how close they were to her, especially after she 'learned' about them but couldn't really pick up anything from her nerves. Only that scent. He should've seen it in class that morning, when he picked up that awful vibe coming from her and then had disappeared. That should've set off sirens, but he had been too caught up in the drama with his father to properly think about it.

She let a laugh out. "So, I have a nice smelling shampoo and conditioner and that makes me a serial killer? Really? Derek, why are you even listening to this?"

Derek looked over at Scott's resolute face as well as Stiles' pained one. He took a hard whiff from his nose and could smell their emotions clear as day. From Jennifer...he could only smell sweet honey. "Where's Stiles' father?" he asked her.

"I don't know," she gasped as her face fell in slight horror.

"Ask her why she tried to kill Lydia," Scott spat out.

"Lydia Martin?" Jennifer said looking mortified. "I don't know anything about her."

"And what exactly do you know?" Derek asked a bit pointedly.

So much that Jennifer nearly took a step back. "All I know is that, for some misguided reason, these two boys are trying to fill your head with some absurd story." She then turned to them. "One that they can't prove by the way."

Scott raised his head a bit before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a vial. "What if we can?"

Her face fell at the sight of it. "What is that?"

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure," he said before he started to open it. "Which means you can use it and it could be used against you."

"Mistletoe," she glared at him.

But Scott spared no more time before he threw the dust right at her and covered her up in it. She started screaming the moment it hit her and her body started shaking. Her face then flashed into the pale and scratched version that they had seen before and she screeched at them. A bolt of lightning struck and illuminated all their shocked faces, as well as the dim light from their gold eyes. 

Or in Derek's case red eyes just before Ms. Blake went back to normal and had started coughing. Coughing that didn't get a chance to stop before Derek went and grabbed her by the throat.

"Wait," she cried as Derek's free hand brought out his claws. "Derek, wait. You need me."

"What are you?" he spat angrily at her.

"The only person that could save your sister." At that, all three of their jaws fell. Derek went to share a look with Stiles. Suddenly, Cora's condition at the hospital seemed much more frightening to them. "Call Peter. Call him!" she cried. Derek reached for his phone.

Peter answered from the hospital. "Derek?"

"What's going on with Cora?" he quickly asked.

"It's not good. She in and out of consciousness. Vomiting up black blood along with one other alarming substance."

"Mistletoe," Derek muttered as he remembered something similar happening to Stiles a few weeks ago.

"How did you know that?"

But Derek just hung up the phone and then tightened his hold on Jennifer's throat.

Scott stepped forward. "Derek," he cried. "Derek, what are you doing?"

Jennifer started to gag a bit from the pressure. "Her life...is in...my hands." But that only made Derek lift her off the floor.

At that rate, Derek was going to kill her and both Scott and Stiles knew that that couldn't happen.

"Stop," Stiles said stepping up. "Derek, stop!" he said to him.

She gave Stiles a look. "Stilinski, you'll never find him."

The air in Stiles' lungs left him for a moment and Scott's heart rate shot up.

"Derek," Scott said for him to stop but he just kept squeezing her throat. "Derek!" Scott repeated again but louder and harder.

Derek grit his teeth but then let her go and dropped her down to the floor.

Jennifer slowly lifted herself up and looked up at Derek. "That's right, you need me. All of you," she said looking at the boys. Her posture had completely changed. Gone was the scared and timid looking teacher. Now, she looked like an empowered madwoman.

__________

When Cora had been found, Derek decided that it was time for a more functional car and traded the Camaro for a sturdy SUV. What he was now driving to the hospital with Jennifer/Darach in the passenger seat next to him.

Jennifer spared him a look. "I want you to know that I'm not doing this because I have to. I want to." Derek just kept staring ahead at the road and didn't react at all to her words. "I could still run. You wouldn't have an easy time stopping me. But I don't want your sister to die. I'm only doing what I had to do."

"Shut up," Derek finally said breaking his silence.

"You need to hear the whole story Derek," she said being more forceful. "You need to know just how connected we really are."

"Stop talking," Derek muttered out stiffly.

Jennifer then fell silent and then let her back fall flat against her seat and stared at the road ahead herself.

Behind them, driving in pace, was Stiles' jeep as he and Scott were following after them to the hospital. Scott had offered to drive for him but Stiles had said that he couldn't just sit and do nothing along the way or he would lose it. But Scott was still sensing how nervous and distraught he was, which he didn't blame his friend for, but he also sensed...hesitation.

"Stiles, what is it? What's wrong?"

"Besides the obvious?" Stiles slurred out before he started shaking his head. "I don't know. Something feels wrong about this. We proved it to Derek, shot down her little act, but she still had this look like it didn't matter. Like everything was still going according to plan." He then spared Scott a look. "You saw it, didn't you?" Scott stared back at him and he looked back to the road. "Whatever happens, we can't let Ms. Blake get away. My dad fits into the last category, Guardians."

"Don't worry. She wouldn't have had enough time to-" Scott didn't want nor need to finish that statement. When they reached the hospital, they all climbed out of their respective cars and headed on inside. Stiles reached on inside and pulled out a bat. "What's that for?" Scott asked him.

"We might have claws, but someone inside isn't as equipped," he said as they stomped on inside through the pouring rain.

Inside the hospital was a madhouse with doctors and nurses running around with gurneys and equipment on wheels. Derek had Jennifer by the arm in a tight vice grip as he led the way for Cora's room. As they passed the front desk, Melissa caught sight of them and ran over.

"Scott!" she shouted for them making them stop. "Thank god. I've been worried sick about you? All of you. What are you all doing here? The hospital's evacuating."

"We're here for Cora," he answered his mom.

"All of you?" she said giving them all a look. "Wait, why does Stiles have my bat?"

Scott and Stiles then turned and looked over at Jennifer. Melissa looked over and saw the way that Derek was holding on to her. The boys then turned back to her with grim and hard looks on their faces and she began to understand. "Stiles, where's your father?"

"I'm sorry mom but we don't have any time to explain everything right now. Okay, you need to get out of here. Right now."

Stiles then moved over and held the bat to her and she gave it a look before she went over and softly took it. "The building is supposed to be clear in thirty minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back. One's ten minutes out and the other is twenty. Cora has to be on one of them. They'll be picking up in the basement garage."

Scott nodded. "Got it."

Stiles then pointed his thumb over his shoulder in Blake's direction. "If, before you leave, you see her without any one of us, swing as hard as you can," he said to Melissa stiffly.

Scott went and got Stiles by the arm and the four of them went off down the hall with Melissa watching them go with a worried look across her face. They reached the elevator with Derek keeping a firm grip on Jennifer's arm.

She let an impatient breath out. "You don't have to keep me on a leash Derek, I'm going to help."

But Derek ignored her. Jennifer then looked over behind her left shoulder and saw Scott leering at her. She then looked to behind her right shoulder and saw Stiles with a matching leer on his own face. She then decided to stop talking as they rode the elevator until it stopped on their floor.

They got out and saw that Cora's room was now empty. Derek spotted the black spot on the floor that Cora must've vomited but Scott quickly noticed that it was trailing off and brought it to Derek's attention. Stiles narrowed his eyes as he bent down over a drop and saw that it was fresh. The trail led off behind a set of double doors and they began to hear muffling sounds behind it. Then, out of nowhere, they thrust open as Peter slid out and stopped just in front of them.

"We've got a problem," he muttered up to them painfully. "A big problem."

The four of them looked up and saw the sight of the twins, in their transformed state standing off at the other side of the hall and he let out a hard roar. The three werewolves shifted and readied themselves.

Derek took off first. He ran for the twins and quickly sent some punches at him. One by one. But they didn't seem to faze the fused Alpha. He then went to grab at Derek and began to throw him hard against the walls. Scott then ran off to help Derek while Stiles went and took a hard, clawed grip at Jennifer's wrist when he saw her twitch. He had dug into her arm, piercing her skin and making her hiss and glare in his direction. Scott ran and then bounced off the side of the wall to launch himself at the twins. He made to claw at them but they ducked out of the way. They then sent a blow for Scott's head but he ducked as soon as his feet fell flat on the ground.

As they fought, Stiles then saw Cora, lying on the floor unconscious. "Help me," he spat at Peter before he ran for the girl with Peter getting up and following after him.

They ran passed the twins who were busy gripping at Scott's throat, holding him against the wall.

"Ethan, Aiden, stop," Scott choked out. "You don't know what you're doing."

"All we want is her," they said in their fused voice.

At that, they looked off for the corridor to see Jennifer stepping back into the elevator. The doors began to close and the twins quickly let Scott go and ran for her. But they wouldn't make it before the doors shut. Derek caught a glimpse of Jennifer looking in his direction with a forlorn look on her face just before she vanished.

_________

The entrance level of the hospital was seeing the last bits of activity as the last occupants of the hospital began to leave.

"Okay everybody, let's evacuate this way," Melissa McCall called out to everyone to direct them to the main entrance. "Stay calm. You guys good?" she asked a nurse before she ended up bumping into a doctor and making him drop some papers.

She rushed to help him pick them up. One of them had the end of a walking stick pin them as Deucalion and Kali began to slowly make their way into the building. They made their way for the elevator. The elevator doors opened and Jennifer quickly stepped out but made only two steps before she froze. Around the corner stepped Deucalion and Kali. The blind Alpha removed the end of his stick exposing the bladed end and then threw his stick like a harpoon which made the woman duck as it got stuck at the side of the elevator. Kali then began to run for her and Jennifer quickly moved on in and shut the doors. Kali sped herself up and managed to catch the doors before they fully closed. She began to pull them open with a soft growl escaping her. Jennifer's eyes began to go white and she then released a concentrated force at the female Alpha that blew her off her feet and away from the doors which finished closing. Jennifer then let her back hit the wall of the elevator in relief. Deucalion moved to step over and stopped at Kali's side.

_________

Peter was carrying Cora as he, Scott, Stiles and Derek ran into the morgue.

"Don't stop, don't stop," Derek told them as they kept on moving. But Stiles did stop. He heard the twins roar and could feel them getting closer. Derek noticed that Stiles wasn't running with them anymore. "Stiles!"

Stiles looked back over at Derek and Scott and silently held his hand out to tell them to wait there before moving to stand at the side of the morgue's door. The twins barged on in and stopped at the sight of Derek and Scott. They roared hard at them and Stiles took that as his signal. He leapt and went to send a hard right claw at their face but the twins' right arm shot up and caught Stiles by the throat. They looked at him and sent a seething hiss at the young wolf's face.

"Stiles!" Scott yelled as he quickly ran for them. He then made a hard jump for the overhead light fixture and pulled it down hard to swing back at the twins' face.

The force of it made them let go of Stiles and he dropped to the floor. The twins took a step back as they went to lightly grab at their face. Stiles quickly got to one knee just as Scott and Derek ran forward with their arms raised. Stiles brought right arm forward and then sent it back towards the twins' stomach while Scott and Derek thrust their fists for the twins' face. They dropped their hands down from their face a second before two fists collided with it and Stiles' fist collided with their gut. The combined force from the three werewolves sent the twins flying straight back out of the room and colliding with the wall in the hallway. Scott and Derek grabbed at Stiles' shoulders and helped him up. They looked back and saw that their blow knocked the twins completely into the wall where there was no sign of him in the darkness. They then moved to try and catch up with Peter.

A few seconds later, the concrete around the hole began to shift and then a hand went to grip the edge. The fused twins pulled themselves out of the hole and jumped down back into the hallway. They slowly began to walk off but they separated along the way back into their two selves. They were panting hard from both pain and exhaustion.

"You hesitated," Aiden spat at his brother as they kept walking.

"I pulled back, there's a difference," Ethan said defensively.

"They're protecting her," his brother spat back.

"They didn't have a choice."

Aiden finally stopped and faced his twin brother. "And neither do we. All these sacrifices, all these bodies piling up, if it's actually giving her the power to get rid of us then we need to take any chance we have to get rid of her."

Ethan gave his brother a long stare before he sighed out in defeat.

_________

There was still some people over at the school, reeling from the death of the teacher at the recital. Allison moved down the hall where she saw Isaac getting nervous as he using his phone.

"I can't get a hold of Derek," he said to her when she reached him. "Or Scott, Stiles. Not even Peter." He then put his phone away. "How's Lydia?"

"She's got bruising in her neck. They're taking her to a hospital downtown because Beacon Memorial is being evacuated."

Isaac gasped. "Storm's that bad?" Just as he asked that, out the window the sky lit up brightly from the newest lightning flash.

"It will be," Allison said taking her own look out the window. "And I overheard an EMT say that the backup generators might be too old to last if the power goes out."

Isaac shook his head. "Beacon Memorial. That's where Cora is, right?"

But before she could answer, her father came up to them. "I'm taking the two of you home."

Isaac shook his head. "No, I have to get to the hospital. I can't leave Cora there with just Peter." Isaac then moved to head out for the exit.

Allison looked out after him and Chris could see that she wanted nothing more than to go with him. She then gave him a look and he let out a defeated sigh. "Isaac!" he called out to the boy. "I'll drive."

Just as he said that, the power in the school went out.

"We better hurry," Allison said to him before she moved off to join Isaac down the hall before they went for the school doors.

Chris Argent wiped at his mouth tensely before he moved to go after them.

_________

Melissa McCall took the bat in hand and headed over for the elevators to do a last minute check to see if there was still anyone left unevacuated and to see if her son and the others got Cora out okay. Just as she reached the elevator, she froze at the sight of a stick with a bladed end stuck to the side of the wall. She went to pull it out and look at it a moment before a hand gently took it from her.

"Thank you Ms. McCall." Deucalion said as he took his stick back and replaced the cover over the blade.

Melissa gave him a look. "You're him aren't you?"

"Him?" Deucalion asked sounding a bit lost.

"The bad guy." She further explained.

Deucalion let a smile loose. "You have no idea."

The lights then flickered out and Melissa went and brought the bat up for a swing but Deucalion easily caught it just as the emergency lights went back up. Melissa let a small gasp escape her as Deucalion and Kali let their red eyes shine at her.

__________

The others caught up with Peter as he went to lay Cora down at a table in an operating room.

"Where's the big guy?" he asked the three of them.

Derek closed the door behind them and looked back through the window. "He's down but he'll be back. And he'll be pissed."

"And Ms. Blake?" Stiles asked. He looked back at Scott who just shook his head. "What, she's gone? Scott, are you kidding me?!" Stiles asked raising his voice.

"Be quiet," Derek hissed at him.

But Stiles just grit his teeth and stomped for him. "Me be quiet? Huh, are you really telling me what to do now?" he said angrily getting into Derek's face. "When you're psychotic mass murdering girlfriend, the second one you've dated by the way," he savagely reminded him. "Has got my dad somewhere tied up waiting to be ritually sacrificed."

Scott went to grab him. "Stiles, they're still out there," he muttered quietly as he tried to calm his friend.

Stiles lowered his tone, but he wasn't calming down. "And they want her, right? Which means now we don't have her either. That means that my dad and Cora are both dead!"

"Not yet," Scott said trying again to calm his friend. Scott gave him a look that told him that they hadn't lost anyone yet. And Scott was going to make sure that they didn't. He went over to where Peter was still watching over Cora. "Is she really dying?" he asked him.

Peter sighed. "She's definitely not getting any better."

"There...has to be something we can do. We have to help her."

But then the doors swung open and the four of them looked over to see that it was Ms. Blake.

"You can't," she sternly told them. "Only I can. I can save her, and I can tell you where Sheriff Stilinski is, but there is a pack of Alphas in this hospital that want me dead. So, I'll help you, but only when I'm out of here and safe. Only then."

But Derek just pushed the table near him out of the way and moved for her. Scott grabbed him.

"Wait," he said holding Derek back.

But Derek kept glaring at her. "She was trying to get out."

"I was trying to stay alive, you can't fault me for that," she said at him.

But Stiles had enough as well. "You want to prove that you're one of the good guys then heal her," he said pointing at Cora. "And do it now."

"Not until I'm safe," she told him.

"Do you think we're that stupid?" Stiles hissed out. "My dad is going to be one of your Guardian sacrifices and Cora is your only leverage over Derek. You were never going to help us get them back."

"I will," she said to him. "I give you my word."

He rolled his eyes. "Your word? Oh, great. Then I'm officially sold," Stiles bared his teeth.

"Allow me to volunteer a different method of persuasion," said Peter as he tilted his head at her. "Let's torture her."

"Works for me," Derek said pushing Scott's arm out of the way.

Scott tried to stop Derek from moving but Stiles moved to grab and pull Scott out of Derek's way. Scott took a moment to look at Stiles whose eyes were glaring almost feral like at him. But before Derek could lay a finger on Jennifer the PA system began to sound with the voice of Scott's mom.

"Um, can I have your attention?" she said making them all freeze and look up towards the nearest speaker. "Mr. Deucalion...I'm sorry, just Deucalion, requests that you bring the woman calling herself Jennifer Blake to the E.R. reception. Do this and everyone else could leave. You have ten minutes."

Melissa then cut the audio feed and looked over at Deucalion who nodded at her.

"Thank you," he said as Kali went and snapped the bat in two like it was a twig and threw the two pieces callously behind her.

Back at the O.R. everyone was looking about nervously. None more so then Scott.

"He's not going to hurt her," Jennifer told them.

"Shut up," Derek warned her.

"He won't," she almost yelled. She then looked over at Scott. "Scott, you know why. Tell them it's true."

Scott spared her a look before he went to catch Stiles' eye. His friend just stared back at him and Jennifer with a hard look.

Derek could feel that the three of them knew something he didn't and focused on Scott. "What is she talking about?"

Even Peter seemed interested. It was clear to him that it must be something big if it seemed that Scott, Stiles and Jennifer seemed so sure about the fact that Deucalion wouldn't hurt Scott's mother. "We're listening. What's this all about Scott?" The blind Alpha wasn't the sort to spare someone without an interesting reason. One he wanted to know.

But Scott stayed quiet and even Stiles was starting to pull away from them a bit. Jennifer saw that no one was going to answer and rolled her eyes before starting to do it herself. "You're not the only one that he wants in his pack." That made Derek and Peter look at Scott a bit confused. Jennifer continued. "Deucalion doesn't just want an Alpha Pack, he wants perfection. That means adding the rarest of Alphas to his ranks."

Peter's eyes widened. He understood now. "A True Alpha," he muttered. "One that doesn't have to steal the power from another. One that can rise by the force of his own will. Our little Scott."

Scott just shook his head at them. "It doesn't matter. We still need to get her out of here."

But Stiles bared down at him. "But Scott, your mom."

"My mom," he cut in. "Said there was one more ambulance coming in twenty minutes and I don't think we've been here that long. So if we can get to the garage and get Cora to the ambulance, we can get out of here."

"Yeah, but then what happens to your mom if we leave?" Stiles argued. "How do we know that he won't kill her anyway? Morrell told you that Deucalion was prepared to destroy your potential if he had to."

"I can save her," Jennifer said drawing their eyes. Help me and I'll help you get back Cora, the Sheriff and Scott's mother." Jennifer then looked at Stiles. "And I can help you as well Stiles."

"Help me?" Stiles repeated doubtfully.

"I can save you. I can stop Deucalion before he can ever get close to you. Stop them all."

Now Derek was definitely lost. "Why would Deucalion be after Stiles? Is he another True Alpha?"

"No," Jennifer shook her head. "Not quite. As I said before, Deucalion is after perfection. Having a True Alpha at his side...as well as truly becoming the Apex Predator. The real Alpha of Alphas. Having the fiercest and rarest power seen in werewolf kind. And Stiles is his chance to have that power added to his own."

Peter shook his head as his mind went racing before the memory of an old story flashed in his mind's eye. Peter chuckled. "A Beast? Well...I'll be," he said in a small whisper. "Who would've ever thought it? Stiles: Le Bete de Beacon Hills."

Stiles turned away as Peter looked at him with somewhat hungry look in his eye.

"What are you talking about?" Derek asked him.

"What am I talking about? I'm talking about the rare and legendary type of werewolf shapeshifter. The precipice and focal point of all werewolf lore." Peter then let a small chuckle loose. "A True Alpha and a Beast. Do I know how to pick em or what?"

"Shut up," Scott, Stiles and Derek said to him in a dull voice.

"Like Scott said, it doesn't matter." Stiles then turned to glare back at Jennifer. "We don't need nor want your help. Especially when it came from you killing all of those people."

Scott nodded. "We'll take care of this. First, we get Cora out of here."

Peter sobered up. "The twins are still close and they're not just gonna let us walk Cora out of here," he pointed out.

"I'll distract them," Scott said.

"You mean fight them?" Derek asked pointedly.

Scott let a frustrated breath loose. He didn't want to fight the twins, especially given their situation but it looked like he would have no choice. "Whatever I have to do."

"Not alone," Stiles put in.

"No," Derek said turning to him. "I need you to stay by Cora and protect her. I'll help Scott." Stiles' jaw tightened but he gave Derek a nod.

Jennifer shook her head. "Uh, I'm sorry but I'm not going anywhere without you Derek."

That made everyone glare at her.

Peter then shrugged. "I'll do it. But, I prefer to be out there with an advantage."

"What, you mean like a weapon?"

Peter smirked at him. "Something like that."

They began to rummage through the room, opening drawers and cabinets to find something to use to help them fight off the twins.

"Hey," Stiles said as he picked up to defibrillators. "What about these?"

Derek gave them a look. "You know how to use those?"

"Um, no," Stiles admitted.

"Put em down," Derek said as he went back to rummaging.

Scott then pulled out a long syringe and looked at the label. "Epinephrine?"

Derek shook his head. "That's only going to make him stronger."

Scott sighed but Peter froze.

"How strong?" he asked.

Derek froze again and gave him a look. "Very."

Scott then went and jammed the syringe right into Peter's chest and pushed on the plunger. Peter let out a hard hiss as he pushed his way through the doors into the hall. The noise drew the twins and they both stopped when they saw Peter. Scott was right behind him and locked eyes with them as Peter pulled the syringe out.

"Alright boys," Peter gasped out. "Let's rumble."

Ethan and Aiden let out roars before they stomped over for them and Peter and Scott ran for them as well. The twins fused together mid-run and they started to fight with the two of them. As soon as the fight started, Derek moved out of the room with Cora over his shoulder while Jennifer followed and Stiles was right behind her. The twins threw Peter aside and then made a side swipe at Scott but then froze when they saw the sight of Jennifer fleeing. But they were stopped when Scott struck them from behind before Peter clawed them at their side.

_________

Chris drove the two teens to the front of the hospital and the three of them quickly got out and ran for the entrance.

"Looks like the evacuation is over," he told them.

Allison didn't want to think that they had just missed them. She looked over at Isaac. "Are you catching a scent?" she asked him.

But Isaac shook his head. "No. Not with a rain this heavy."

They then moved into the hospital in order to make sure but Chris moved to have his gun locked and ready in his hand.

__________

Derek, Jennifer and Stiles made it to the basement with no further obstacles getting in their way. Stiles' eyes widened at the sight of the parked ambulance in the garage.

"It's still here," he gasped out in relief.

They ran to it and Derek quickly moved to put Cora on the gurney inside with Stiles stepping in. But Jennifer moved for the driver's side but stopped.

"Derek, over here," she said to them.

Derek pointed his finger at Stiles to tell him to stay there while he moved to join Jennifer. On the ground, was the body of the driving EMT in a pool of his own blood. There were claw marks all over him. Close by were footprints. Bare footprints of blood walking away from it.

"Julia." From around the ambulance stepped out Kali and she was dangling the keys in her fingers. She stopped and narrowed her eyes at them, specifically Jennifer. "It is you."

At the sight of her, Jennifer went to stand behind Derek while Stiles quietly shut the ambulance doors.

"You can't beat her on your own," Jennifer told Derek.

"That's why we're going to run." They then backed up a bit before they broke into a hard run.

Kali went and dashed after them. Jennifer made it to the elevator inside and Derek went and pushed a gurney to block Kali before he jumped inside as well. The doors shut closed before Kali could get to them. Derek and Jennifer took a moment to calm their breathing but it picked up again when the lights in the elevator flickered and then it stopped, with only the emergency lights turning on.

__________

On the roof, Melissa McCall had finished in turning the generator for the elevators off at Deucalion's behest.

"Thank you," he said to her when she finished. "That was, very helpful."

"What do you want with me?" she asked him.

"You? You're my...gesture of good will."

That only confused Melissa. "What?"

Deucalion turned to look away from her. "Go find your son." Melissa slowly moved away from him before she went and broke into a hard run to get away and find Scott. "Do yourself a favor Melissa," he called after her. "Be careful out there." He let a small smile escape him.

__________

Stiles focused his hearing and heard that Derek had led Kali a good distance away from them. They were safe for the time being.

"Okay, okay, okay," he kept muttering to himself as he sat back down and rubbed his hands together nervously. "We're okay." He looked over at Cora. "You okay?" he asked her but then his face fell. "Why does it look like you're not breathing?" Stiles focused his senses and saw that Cora truly wasn't breathing. "Oh god, oh no," he said starting to panic. "Why are you not breathing? Come on." He then reached and tried to pull some pain from Cora, but nothing was happening. "What? Damn, why isn't it working?!" Stiles then shook his head. He couldn't fall to pieces, not now. He took a deep breath and calmly thought on it. He wasn't pulling pain from Cora...because she wasn't in pain right now. "Um...okay. Think...yeah. You could do this." He had to resuscitate Cora and fast. He then flashed to everything he ever learned about first aid. He had to perform CPR. "Okay, tilt the head," he told himself as he moved to gently lift Cora's head up. "Straighten the chin. Clear the throat." He then opened Cora's mouth. "Great, nothing. I see nothing. Okay, so, just pinch the nose," he said before he pinched Cora's nose shut. "And blow." He then moved and blew a great deal of air into Cora's mouth. He broke away and then released another hard breath into her. "C'mon Cora," he whispered to her before he went and blew into her again. 

"C'mon Cora," he said louder before coming down again. "C'mon," he said softly, almost crying. He then blew into her again. "Breathe Cora, damn it breathe," he quietly roared at her before breathing into her again. As he was coming down to breathe into her again, she began to cough just as his lips grazed hers. Stiles backed away and let out a relieved gasp as Cora started to lightly breathe again. He let a hard breathe of hot air out as he looked at Cora's pained face as she settled herself on the gurney. "Why is it that every time our lips come together you're either sad or in pain? It wouldn't kill you to smile a bit during it you know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 723 29
🎵𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙢𝙚, 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙢𝙚🎵 After experiencing the worst loss imaginable, Alex made the hard decision to move...
37.2K 1K 16
[Takes place in season 3A] Everything seemed to be perfect in the small town of Beacon Hills. True-Alpha Scott McCall and his pack of friends; Stiles...
288 14 13
Amaya Blair only wanted two things, to get through her junior year of high school and to stay away from the supernatural. And despite knowing about w...
170K 6.2K 44
Book One - God, they hate each other. Stiles is so sarcastic, and his mouth always gets him into trouble. Particularly with a certain brooding sour w...