Sweet as Honey (An OHSHC FanF...

BubblesTheHippo द्वारा

Honey meets a new girl. अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Ch 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
BONUS!!!!!!

Part 54

840 26 4
BubblesTheHippo द्वारा

After changing out of the school uniform, I went into the backyard in Kimiko's sweatpants and hoodie. Mom and Dad were both still in America. Maybe... I located the best climbing tree in our backyard and hoisted myself up.

"Rika-sama, just what are you doing?" Azumi found me camping high up in the tree a half-hour later, doing my math homework and listening to music.

"Doing homework," I replied. "Can't you see?" I had my calculator balanced precariously on my leg. "Yes. But why up in the tree? It's dangerous. Come down," she said.
"I will, just not now."
"What about dinner?"

"I'm not hungry," I replied, finishing off another problem. "You're making it hard to do my homework, Azumi."

She sighed. "Alright."

She came back to pester me a few more times, especially when dinner was ready. I ended up getting mad at her and yelling after she threatened to call my sun eventually disappeared and I was left in the darkness. At least, that's what I wished had happened. Azumi had the whole backyard illuminated with some stupid lights that she got from who knows where.

"Rika-sama, aren't you cold?"

"Why can't you leave me alone?" I moaned in irritation. "And turn the stupid lights off, while you're at it. I'll come down when I want to."

She did. I was left, finally, in the peaceful darkness, with birds and bugs chirping in the background. It was starting to get cold, but I was wearing my coat and I could have cared less if I froze to death.

Ring!

I sighed, picking up my cellphone without much thought.
"Hello, Rika. Why is it that I hear you're up in a tree and refusing to come down to eat dinner?"

"I'm not hungry," I mumbled. "And I'm fine. I just want to sit in a tree and enjoy nature. But apparently, that's what crazy people do these days."

Mom sighed. "I'll be back soon, so just wait. We'll discuss this further." "You'll be back?" I asked. "But you're in America right now, aren't you?" "No. I got a call from Azumi and I was worried, so I flew back."
"How? The plane trip is-"

"Hours long? I flew back from Sapporo, silly. I had some brief business there. I was already planning on coming back tomorrow. Your birthday party is coming up after all." She paused in thought. "Anyway, I'll be there soon. Just wait."

Then she hung up on me. Just wait? I had half the mind to get out of the tree now. What was she going to do? Send Black Garlic Squad members up to drag me out of the tree?

Mom appeared in the backyard quickly enough, with Squad members trailing behind her. Oh shit. That is what she's planning on doing. I began to scramble up the tree.

"Rika! Don't move further up!" Mom called out sternly.

"Don't make me come down then!" I called back, slightly panicked. I wasn't sure why I wanted to stay up in the tree. I just didn't want to go inside, where it was stuffy and full of people and warm.

She sighed. "I won't then. Just please explain to me why you're doing this."

"I don't want to," I replied. "You'll say 'Told you so,' and you'll just rub it in my face." "I promise I won't then."

"No." I shook my head stubbornly.
She sighed then nodded to the Squad members. They began to move towards the tree.

"Ah! Mom! You promised!" I grabbed the nearest branch and hauled myself up, abandoning my school materials on the lower branch.

"Oh calm down," she scolded, as she was lifted up to the lowest branch.

"What are you doing?" I asked, halting my climb upwards. I watched as she carefully climbed onto the second branch.

"Oh these darn shoes," she muttered before kicking them off. They landed on the grass.
"Uh, Mom?"
"Come down here and make this easier for me," she said. I did, and we met somewhere in the middle. "This better not be a trap," I said.
"That's absurd, Rika," she replied, settling down on a branch opposite me. "Now tell me what's wrong." I shook my head, staring at my dangling feet. "Nothing."

"Well something must have happened for you to have the sudden urge to climb a tree and not eat dinner. Do you not like the food? Should I hire another chef? Your hair's getting too long. I'll call the family hairstylist in on Friday, okay?"

"Sure," I said. "It's not the food." I sighed. "Tell me Rika. I might be able to help."

Help? Help put me and Mitsukuni together? Yeah right. She'd rather we be apart and- I gasped at the sudden revelation. "You're the one behind this!" I yelled, jabbing an accusing finger in her face. She flinched before her eyes hardened and a frown appeared. "You said something to Mitsukuni, didn't you? You made him break up with me just so that I'll agree to marry that stupid Funaki!"

"What are you saying?" she said. "You must be behind this," I said.

"Honey-kun broke up with you?" she asked. Her eyes narrowed. "What happened, Rika? I won't understand

"Honey-kun broke up with you?" she asked. Her eyes narrowed. "What happened, Rika? I won't understand until you tell me the full story."

Oh play innocent. Ha. I already know you did it. So I told her the full story, of course obliterating the part where I visited the gang. I made sure I told her how miserable I'd been and how miserable I was now.

"Now undo it!" I said.
"I didn't do this Rika," she replied, crossing her arms.
"Why wouldn't you?" I asked. "You don't want me and Mitsukuni to be together. So why wouldn't you?"

"I wouldn't go about it in such a manner," she said. "I'd do it in a more subtle fashion. Make it seem natural. And I'd rather break you two up in a way that will leave you happy. I am not out to make you miserable, Rika. I'm just trying to get you the best."

"Well Mitsukuni is the best!"

"That's not the-" She sighed, shaking her head. Then she rubbed her temple. "Oh dear. Okay. So the problem is that you were dumped and you're upset because of that. Oh this is why I didn't approve of the relationship in the first place. Things like this are going to happen, Rika. You're only seventeen. Feelings aren't perman-"

"You're rubbing it in my face Mom." I scowled, as some invisible force wrung my heart. "This isn't helping."

"Alright." She began to lower herself down.

"That's it?" I said.

"Yes," she replied while the Squad members scrambled to help her down. "You aren't going to come down, Rika?"

"No."
"All night long?" she asked.
"I don't know. Probably."
"Okay. Get a trampoline here, under where Rika is!" Mom called to the Members. "And blankets! Now!"

I caught the blankets that were thrown up to me and stared down at the trampoline waiting to catch me if I fell. It wasn't like I was intending to go to sleep anyway. So I just curled up on a tree branch, a blanket wrapped around me, and stared at the bright moon and the faded stars.

Why did this have to happen this week anyhow? Is this some sadistic birthday present for me?

3rd POV:

Honey had heard some noise coming from Rika's house, and when he looked out the window, he could see a small form on the nearby tree. Rika's maid was yelling up to that form, and he quickly figured out that it was Rika up there.

What am I doing? he thought, turning away. It wasn't his business anymore. He shouldn't worry about her anymore. He had nothing to do with her now. So of course he was surprised when the butler came to his bedroom, saying that there was a call coming from the Hayashi residence.

What if it's Rika? I don't want to talk to her. But he felt he needed to at least find out who was calling. "Hello, is this Haninozuka Mitsukuni?"
It was most definitely not Rika.
"Yes," he replied. "Who is this?"

"It's Rika's mother."

Oh.

"I'm calling because I just found out what happened to my daughter."

Oh no.

"Now, I am not asking you to fix things up with her. I am asking for a reason. Why did you break up with Rika? She told me it was because you like someone else now. Is that true? Haninozuka Yorihisa's son is a cheater?"

"I-I'm not a cheater!" he said out of defense.

"Really? Then why were you caught kissing a different girl before you broke up with Rika? If these events are in any way incorrect, then please, correct me."

"No... They're correct."

"So then, you are a cheater. Perhaps I'll ask your father what he thinks of that."
"Please don't!" He cringed at the thought. No one but Kyoya, Rika, and Aya knew what had happened. Well, now Rika's mom knew. It'd be bad if the news went out. It could destroy the Haninozuka family's image.

"Please don't."

"Then explain to me why you did this," Rika's mom said calmly. "A good, solid explanation."

"Cause I like A-Aya," Honey replied.

"A-Aya huh?" she mimicked his stammering. "What's her last name?"

"Hayakawa."

"Hayakawa Ayako? Oh my. I suppose I can see why you'd pick her. Her family is certainly an excellent one. So you like her. Then why didn't you break up with Rika before kissing this Hayakawa?"

"Cause... I couldn't..."
"Couldn't what?"
"Re-Resist..." Honey blushed. He couldn't believe he was saying this to Rika's mother of all people.

"Resist. Resist kissing Hayakawa? I see, so you are now not only a cheater but also a desire-driven boy. I suppose that's understandable. You're a teenage boy after all. There are some things you just can't control, right?"

"Ye-Yes."

"Stop stammering." She sighed. "I guess my impression of you was wrong then. Don't worry about Rika, Honey-kun. She'll be a very happy girl with Minoru-kun."

Minoru... Funaki Minoru?

"No!"

Uh-oh. Honey clamped a hand over his mouth. Oh no.

"No?" Mrs. Hayashi said. "Now why would you say that, Honey-kun?"

"No, I-I didn't mean it to you, uh, someone almost ate my cake," he said, scrambling to create a lie.

"Now who would want to eat your cake?" she asked. "You with your fame for your love of cake?"

"Uh. Um."

"Stop lying to me. I want the truth this time, Honey-kun. Why did you break up with Rika?"

Rika's mom is so scary... Uwaa. How did she know I was lying? What should I do now?

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

Honey stood. "Um, Hayashi-san, I have to go n-"

"Don't you dare!"

He froze.

"If you dare hang up, I will personally go over to speak to you. And you will not lie to me. You can not lie to me face-to-face. Do you hear me?"

"Yes," he squeaked. The door opened and Mori entered. "Um, then, can you wait a moment?" "I'm giving you one minute."
Scary!
"What is it, Takashi?" Honey asked, lowering the phone.

"Are you alright?" Mori asked in reply. His cousin was paler than usual and there were visible signs of exhaustion. Honey's eyes had bags under them, and he was slouching slightly.

He nodded. "I'm fine. I have to go back to the call." Mori nodded in understanding. "Um, Hayashi-san."

"Oh good," she said. "Now, tell me the truth. Or I am speaking to your father without any restraints."

"But-"

"If you want, I won't tell Rika. But I hope you know that she is curled up in a tree this moment refusing to eat dinner and red-eyed and tired because of you."

Honey swallowed as that guilt and pain struck him again. "I'm sorry." "Don't apologize to me," Mrs. Hayashi snapped. "Tell me now."
"Um. But. Uh."
"Tell me. Please."

"Um. Well, recently, there's this rumor that's been going on-"

She sighed. "Oh dear. Continue please."

"The rumor is that-that, um, that I'm actually a kidnapping target. And the reason why Rika's been kidnapped twice is because of me. That they're trying to get me by getting Rika. And-And I thought if we broke up, she wouldn't be in danger anymore. The kidnappers would stop targeting her, right? She'll be safe right?"

"Oh my goodness gracious." She sighed, a heavy one filled with relief and exhaustion. "So you still like Rika?" "Yes." He blushed.

"Well this is easier to solve than I thought before," she replied. "Good. Now then, allow me to tell you why this silly rumor is false and absolutely ridiculous."

"Uh, okay..."

"First of all, if these kidnappers were targeting you, why would they go after Rika? They should know that Rika is protected by a powerful and wealthy family. If they really wanted to get a hostage to get you, why wouldn't they target someone like Fujioka Haruhi instead? She's neither from a wealthy family nor does she have any martial arts background."

Wow. Rika's mom had done some studying it seemed.

"Whereas Rika knows martial arts and could fight off kidnappers far better than Fujioka-san could. And if Fujioka-san was kidnapped, you'd rush to her aid too, wouldn't you?"

"Yeah," Honey agreed.

"Exactly. Second, the very first kidnapping had been attempted by two people dressed as Hayashi servants. That means those kidnappers were trying to get Rika and only her. Again, if they were trying to get you, why would they target her? Third of all, I have been doing extensive research on these kidnappings, and if this rumor was true - or even close to true, don't you think I would have picked up on it? Instead of it just running through a high school?"

She had her point.

"Not to mention, Rika was saved from both of these kidnappings thanks to you. Now if you were gone, what would she do?"

"You have the Black Garlic Squad," he replied quietly.

"That doesn't matter," she said quickly. "Do you agree with what I said? Do you believe that the rumor is true now?"

"Well... It-It is a bit..."

"It's a rumor for a reason, Honey-kun. Besides, the fact that Rika hasn't heard of this must mean something right? Perhaps someone is trying to make you think that that rumor is true while keeping it away from Rika." She trailed off quietly. "Well, regardless, I hope that when Rika returns home tomorrow, she will be a happy eighteen-year-old birthday girl. Good night."

"Good night."

Honey stared out the window for a while before finally setting the phone down on the receiver.

"What happened?" Mori asked, waiting patiently beside Honey's desk.

Honey turned to his cousin. "Takashi, do you think I made the wrong choice?" So he finally explained to Mori what had happened. What'd he done. When he was finished, Mori was silent.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" he said quietly.

"I'm sorry!" Honey said. "You think I made a mistake too, right? That I was an idiot right? If I'd told you, you would have told me to not do it right? But I-"

He started to cry, and he rushed into Mori's arms for a hug.
"What am I going to do?" Honey wailed. "She said she hates me! She hates me!"
"It'll be okay," Mori replied reassuringly. "Just tell it to her properly. She'll understand."

Rika's POV:

I was being suffocated, crushed under this heavy, hot source. I couldn't breath. I was alone in this endless darkness with nothing but that overwhelming pressure, threatening for me to cave and collapse. And no one was going to help me.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, tucked neatly under three layers of blankets and sweating profusely. "Good morning Rika-sama," Azumi said, entering my bedroom as I sat up.

"Why are there so many damn blankets?" I yelled, kicking at the bulky weight on top of me. "No wonder I felt like I was dying."

like I was dying."

She smiled. "Your mother was worried you got too cold last night, so she insisted on several layers of blankets."

"It's too much!" I climbed off the bed. Here comes another agonizing day.

I refused to look at Mitsukuni for the first class, even when he came in and glanced at me. It even looked like he was trying to smile at me.

"Um, Rika," he said when class ended.

I stood up abruptly and stormed out of the classroom.

"Hey, wait!"

Ha. Get a taste of your own medicine! I sped down the hallways towards my next class. Then I turned down a different hall, away from the usual direction.

"Rika!" He continued to chase me.

We ran several circles before arriving at the classroom just before the bell rang, out of breath.

"Rika." Mitsukuni reached a hand out for me, but I jerked away. What did he want? Why did he want to talk to me now? Well whatever. Screw him. He can go and hang out with his new girlfriend.

The moment the bell rang, I was out of the classroom. And yet again, he sprinted after me. It was really quite crazy. The two of us just running down the halls. He kept yelling my name, and every time my heart clenched and tightened and it became hard to breathe. We once again got to our class within seconds of the bell, both panting.

I sighed, slumping in my seat. What the hell was going on? Well I'll avoid him as best as I can. After all the ignoring he did to me yesterday, I'll just ignore him back. See how he feels about that. The next two classes, however, he didn't chase me. Which was good, because I really didn't want to keep running around the school. It was tiring you know.

During lunch, I dropped by the Host Club's lunch table out of sheer necessity. I tried not to glance at Mitsukuni, who sat silently eating his cake.

"Hi Rika-chan!" Tamaki said excitedly. He was sitting across from the twins with broken pieces of pocky scattered on the table in front of them.

"Hi. What are you guys doing?" I asked, as I handed Haruhi the novel she'd wanted to borrow from me.

"Playing pocky games!" he replied. His eyes sparkled in delight.

"Pocky games?" I said, raising my eyebrows at the sight.

"Yeah! Haven't you heard of the commoners' pocky games?" Tamaki asked me. Hikaru leaned over and dropped some crushed pocky on the table.

"I've heard of the pocky game, not pocky games," I replied. "What are you guys trying to do?" I stepped closer to get a better look.

"I win Tono!" Hikaru leaned back with a grin. "Three in a row!"

"What?" Tamaki slammed his fists on the table. "How did this happen? I demand a rematch!"
They were playing tic-tac-toe, with pocky. They'd snapped two pocky sticks in two-thirds to make the grids, then they used crumbs as circles, I think, and small pocky quarters to form Xs. "That is so not the pocky game," I said.

"That's what I told them," Haruhi muttered.

"Why didn't you ask Haruhi?"

Tamaki whirled towards us. "The game Haruhi told us is too vile to be true!"

"It's the game though," I replied slowly.

"But-But-" His eyes widened in disbelief.

"You should try playing it, Rika-senpai!" the twins said in unison. "Give us an example, or we won't know how to play it!"

Haha. Are they idiots or something?
"Why don't you try it with Honey-senpai?" Hikaru asked with a smirk.

I glanced at Mitsukuni then shook my head. "No. We're not..." It fell silent, thick and uncomfortable.

"How about Tamaki and Kyoya?" I asked with a grin. Kyoya glared up at me from his laptop, then began mashing the keyboard angrily.

"Absolutely not," he said.
"Aw, come on." I grabbed the pocky box off the table. He just shook his head. Yeah, I'd get murdered just

trying.
"I want to try playing it!" Tamaki said, waving his hand eagerly in the air.

"Then..." I glanced around the table. "Why don't you try it with Haruhi?" I smirked, pushing said girl towards Tamaki. I grabbed a pocky stick from the box and stuck it in Haruhi's mouth.

"Hey, wait," Haruhi tried to say, but Tamaki had already taken a bite off the pocky. "Yummy!" He grinned, leaning away.
...
"Tamaki, do you know what this game is?" I asked.

"No." He gave me his innocent look.

"Eat the pocky!" I pointed. "And keep eating it!"
"Okay..." He began to munch on the pocky, slowly inching closer towards Haruhi.

"Hey!" The twins began to protest as Tamaki and Haruhi began blushing. Haruhi wasn't even moving, but she was staring straight into Tamaki's eyes. They were an inch or so away before they broke apart, both completely red in the face.

"Wh-What is this game?!" Tamaki wailed.

I smirked. They were so cute. "That's how the game works though."

"We want to try too!" the twins said, holding their hands up. "Come on Haruhi!"

"Nooo." She shook her head while making a cute, stubborn face.

I smiled, genuinely this time. "Well, I'll be going then." They said their goodbyes and I headed off to get some books from the library.

It was a good thing I didn't share my last two classes with Mitsukuni. It made avoiding him so much easier. But I couldn't help but wonder why he'd been so adamant about speaking to me today, at least in the first two classes.

As the final bell rang and class was dismissed, I began making my way towards the Chess Club. I'd already skipped two days, and skipping another probably wouldn't help my situation. Minoru seemed to still be pissed at me, which I really didn't mind. But I felt I owed it to my mom...

Unless she is behind Mitsukuni's strange happenings...

I turned away from my path. Let's just go home instead.

"Rika-san, wait."

Oh great. I glared at Minoru who approached me. "What do you want? Weren't you mad at me just a few days ago?"

He shrugged. "I wasn't that mad actually. Just annoyed. And, I just wanted to say..." He rubbed the back of his neck in an embarrassed way as he stared down at my feet. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks." I forced a smile out of politeness. "You'll be at the party this weekend?" "Of course." He smiled back. "And, do you want to go to the zoo some other time?" I sighed. It wasn't like there was anything else to do. "Su-"
"Rika!" Mitsukuni came barrelling down the hall.

Oh shit. "Later!" I yelled behind my shoulder as I began running away.

"Wait!" Mitsukuni shouted. I dashed quickly around the corner when I spotted Takashi walking in my direction.

"Good timing, Takashi!" I said, as I neared him. "Stop Mitsukuni! He's gone crazy!" I was interrupted when he scooped me up and then promptly threw me into an empty classroom.

"Huh? What the hell Takashi?" I was too shocked to move. Then I began heading towards the open door. Mitsukuni came skidding in, shutting the door behind him with a determined look. My eyes narrowed and I shifted into a defensive position.

"I-I just want to talk to you!" he said, maintaining that persistent manner.

"Well I just wanted to talk to you too! Yesterday," I snapped back. "And what did I get? One stupid line! And being ignored! Do you-"

His face began to contort in pain and his bottom lip quivered. Within seconds, he was bawling. I felt like we were standing in the kitchen again, a smashed cake between us. And I could do nothing to comfort him because I was in pain myself.

I squeezed my eyes shut. Hearing him cry made me want to cry.

"Oh what the hell!" I screamed, fighting back against the tears. "Why are you the one that's crying, huh? I

"Oh what the hell!" I screamed, fighting back against the tears. "Why are you the one that's crying, huh? I don't see you getting dumped-"

The miserable look on his face shut me up. He looked so guilty and depressed. I noticed the slight hunch in his shoulders. The way he looked much older than he usually did.

"Mi-Mitsu-" I couldn't help the stream that came again. And the two of us stood there, both crying. It felt like the distance between us had grown in a matter of days.

But after a few minutes, he stopped and just stared at me, making me extremely self-conscious and uncomfortable with the fact that the tears wouldn't stop.

"Wh-Wh-What?" I managed to gasp out, trying to stop the waterworks.

"I'm sorry," he said in a quiet, gloomy voice. He shook his head. "I'm so so so sorry. I'm really sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He stared at his feet and kept repeating those two words. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He rubbed at his eyes with the back of his hand, and I could tell he was trying hard not to cry too.

I hiccuped and wiped the last of the tears away. "What does it mean?" My nose was stuffed and I pulled out my handkerchief. "So you apologize, but what does it mean?"

"I-I'm sorry!" he said again.

"Stop it," I muttered. "Just explain."

He took in a breath. "I-It wasn't real."

"What wasn't?" My eyes narrowed. "You better have a really good excuse."

He nodded, swallowed, and proceeded to tell me about the rumor. And how he thought if the two of us broke up, then maybe the kidnappings would stop happening.

My mouth dropped open when he finished. "That's it?" He nodded again. "Oh my God, you are an idiot!" He stared at me, wide-eyed, and then nodded.

"But then, what made you change your mind?" I asked, rather curious. I didn't want to think about what was going to happen next. Whether or not we were going to get back together. And what about Hayakawa?

"Your mom called me last night," he replied quietly. "And-And she got the truth out of me, and then she explained to me why the rumor isn't true."

Wait. This could still be a ploy by Mom. Make it seem like it's thanks to her that Mitsukuni came back to me. But no, why would Mitsukuni ever agree to that? What if Mom was the one who was spreading the rumor? That could be pos-

"Rika." His voice cut through my thoughts "If-If you want, you can hit me!" Then he squeezed his eyes shut, as if he was prepared for me to slap or punch him. Hit him? As if I could do that. I'm sure if Akane or Ryota were here, they wouldn't think twice about it.

I shook my head. "No. I don't - I don't want to hit you, Mitsukuni." He glanced up at me. "Are you sure? Cause-"

"How'd you get Hayakawa to help you? Or did you just kiss her right there? You planned it didn't you? You don't really like her do you?" All the questions I had tumbled out in a rush.

"Uh, uh, no I don't really like her. And yes, I asked her to help me. And I did plan it. I thought if you saw the two of us kissing, then I might not have to explain it that much to you. Because, I don't think I could have just broken up with you. It-It would have been too hard."

"So..." I took a moment to process it all. "What does it mean?"

"Huh?" He sneaked a glanced at me before returning his gaze to the floor. "Um. Well. If-If you want to, then we can get back together."

I swallowed.
"Of course I want to get back together," I mumbled. His eyes widened, in hope, in joy. "Really?"
I nodded, inching closer towards him. "But..." "What?" That spark in his eyes dimmed in worry.

"But..." I finally stood in front of him a distance that was normal before all this had happened. Then I let my head drop against his chest. How could I tell him what I was thinking? It was like a wall had come up between the two of us and I wanted it down. I wanted things to go back the way they were, but...

Mitsukuni was very still, as if he was afraid that if he twitched, he'd scare me off.

"Hug me, you idiot," I whispered. I wasn't even sure if he heard it. But he might have because I felt his arms come up around me, warm and gentle. But they were careful, again, as if scared he might hurt me.

"I'm not as fragile as you think I am," I said in a slightly louder voice. "Kidnappers... Even if they were because of you, I'd gladly take them on. Do you know how-" My voice cracked, and I had to clear my throat. "Do you know how much it sucked? How much it - I hated it when you ignored me. It sucked so much."

He pulled me closer, and it felt like he became more comfortable. "I'm sorry," he whispered into my ear. "You better not do something stupid like this again," I said. "If you do, I really will hit you."
"Okay. I promise."

"And, you know, instead of just always smiling all the time, you could tell me what's on your mind. Like, if you'd told me about this rumor, I would have told you I didn't care about it. And none of this would have happened right?"
"Yeah."

"And." I had to take a breath before I could tell him this. "Please give me some time. I just need a bit of time. And space." Oh geez, I feel like some girl in a drama now. Time and space? Ughh.

He let me go and then nodded. "Okay. Of course."

"So. We're good?" I wasn't entirely sure what had happened. "What are you going to tell Hayakawa?"

"Huh? It's not like we were dating," he said, looking a bit surprised. "I asked her to not tell you anything."

"Well she kept her word," I replied as I grabbed my school bag that had been tossed aside. I headed towards the door. "I'll see you then, Mitsukuni."

"Ah, wait!"
I glanced back.

"Um, happy birthday!" He looked strangely flustered, and it was a cute sight. I couldn't help the smile from forming.

"Thanks Mitsukuni." 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

2.9K 83 12
She went to make friends, but found something more.
62.2K 1.2K 32
Who hasn't came across the host club? Luna Kikyo that's who. Its her first day at ouran high school and there's one boy who caught her eye. Guess wha...
304K 9.8K 36
A new girl named (Y/N) comes in Ouran Academy for a scholarship for music and dance. It's just new friends, school and enemies. It's not like anythin...
181K 5.2K 21
He met her at a club, bought her and their new lives begins! Kaneki x Touka AU love story!