Lady Alpha To You! Ok?

بواسطة LounyCamacho

He is one of the most disgraceful Alphas in the continent. One who doesn't give mercy to nobody, one who's fa... المزيد

Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fourteen (2)
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Sixteen

31 0 0
بواسطة LounyCamacho

Leslie's Point of View.

It has been a mess.

This past days has been a total wreck on the pack and it's people.

Let alone their struggling after this clash, I couldn't even consider them my people. I couldn't be their Alpha.

I was in my bed, demanding my body to get out but my mind was stubborn. I mean, who could blame it?

My father passed with the running lands thursday. It's now Sunday, so I can demand myself to be mourning him. Jack and his father were on the Pack House with my mom. She looked devastated amd continue to fall worse. She was strong. They say when your mate dies, you want to die too. Let alone leave everything behind and to not think about anything as you die.

Jack was recovering well, Gianna's affinity was helping and he has been eating. So he was quickly entering back into his Beta position. Dustin was helping him as always, he had his back when I could not.

Tommy and Brice were ok too. Tommy's hand was ok and they were working with Marius and Mimmi along with Sebastian to establish new routes for the pack to cover and for the warriors to protect. Melanie was still as hurt, her nightmares didn't stop. Sooner the sleeping pills will no longer work, from what Gianna told me. Her affinity didn't even made a scratch.

I was lowly walking to my bedroom. My body still had couple scars and my limbs were healing, but the damage of the moment still was imprinted on my mind. The scene was on and on, like a cycle, only ending when flames covered my body. I had bags under my eyes and my face didn't had its usual glow.

I was a mess.

I didn't want to join the others at the Pack House. It was selfish, but I just couldn't help myself. Almost everyone in Mountain Ash knows Dayton is my mate and the thought of being weak and not being able to protect them was enough for me to just hide.

Dayton was still in the pack, helping mom and Jack and Jack's father in everything that he could. At first it was awkward and filled with tension but from what Milan has told me, it's going more fluidly.

Tadeo and Will were on Shadow Woods taking care of things there. Will didn't want to leave Dayton but Dayton promised him he would be ok. For Tadeo he is coming back tomorrow. Being away from Tommy is a curse for him.

Their relationship is not that good though, Tommy has builded walls around himself. Sure Tadeo was with him, but Tommy kept distant.

Dayton was sleeping in one of the guest houses near my house. So I couldn't leave his sight.

The house felt cold. Sure mom had her house with dad, not too far from here. It was almost finished, just laying the painting and other things but it was cozy. Still from what happened, she returned with some things of her and stayed in the bedroom they had together.

Thinking of dad still made my heart break. I couldn't even say I'm sorry for my attitude. Not even the last I love you.

I didn't deserve it. Like I didn't deserve to be the Alpha.

I shook my thoughts away for now and decided to shower. As I stopped my clothes off I jumped inside the bathtub and instantly turning the cold water. Shivering but welcoming the delight that it was. Cold and calm.

I stayed there for ten minutes until I scrubbed myself cleaned and walked outside after closing the water off.

Drying quickly Idecided to put on some blue shorts, a white hoodie and my sandals. Not bothering with make up and just tying my hair in a bun.

Walking outside my room I could hear distant conversation on the kitchen. I could smell mom's scent, Mimmi's, Marius and Jack's.

Once I am in they all turn to me. Their expressions mixed with relief and sadness. I was too tired to even acknowledge them as I walked to the fridge.

"Where is Milan?" I asked as I grabbed a bottle of water.

"With Marcus and Melanie, they are taking a walk around the plains" said Marius as he looked at me intensely. He was alright now, he was back in top shape but I could feel he was hurting for Melanie.

"Leslie how are you feeling?" Asked Jack as he took my side, instantly giving him a 'drop it' glance. It wasn't personal, I just wanted to avoid being confronted about it. Jack instantly took a blank stare.

"Leslie darling, you can't escape this forever and you know it" this time my mother said and I just turned around. Not meeting anyone's eye. She was wearing blue jeans and a white shirt, her blonde hair in a pony tail.

"I just want to avoid this and let it over with. Clearly it has been good at the avoiding part" I said as I took a gulp of water.

"Leslie, it's tough. I know this. Like I also know that it's tough for you. You lost your father. I have my daughter struggling with nightmares, crying her balls out. Your mom just lost her mate and even though she is broken, she is doing the best she can. Not just for her, for you and Milan. For the pack. Just as I am doing the best for my children. Alpha the pack needs you" Mimmi stated as she confronted me. She had dark bags under her eyes, her green eyes shinning in her pale face.

I looked at her with no emotion whatsoever. I didn't want to face this now.

"They need me, but they wouldn't handle a broken Alpha. Not at this moment" I said as I tried to muster the bit of sympathy in my eyes. She could see that I'm trying, but I pass by her and grab my Audi car keys.

"Where you going Les?" Jack asks.

"McLain Publishing, I need to do hell of work. Gonna bring Tommy and do it ourselves" I said as I stepped inside the car.

"I'll accompany you" he said ane in a flash he was already opening the passenger seat and taking it.

He offered me a warm smile and for starters I was glad someone wasn't pushing it. He, along with Dustin and Gianna, knew how I felt. Not by telling them, but years of friendship can prove anything.

Quickly I stepped outside the driveway and headed towards town.

'He ready in five minutes. Picking you up to McLain Publishing. Casual' I mental messaged Tommy.

I had one question though.

"Where is Dayton?" I asked, cause even though I was pushing him aside, the mating bond growing stronger and my wolf was howling for his touch.

"He was with Dustin, Dustin's dad and Sebastian, taking care of some things in town. Some houses had damages in the attack but they are on the final touches. He doesn't look on his 100% to be honest" he said with concern.

"Why though?"

"Let's face it Leslie. You are not the only one who is suffering from being away from his mate. And there may be stories of how ruthless he has been. And how he has handled things but he is really kind with us. Considering the feud he and his had with Vandal, he is not facing it. In fact, when the reunion happened he didn't even showed resentfulness towards him" he did had a point.

Dayton's ruthless stories covered the entire continent but he was being kind and generous with us, even when he didn't need to do it. But since I am his mate and this is my pack, he has shown that he cared.

I shouldn't be pessimist about my position but just the feeling that I don't have my dad here. It really packed a punch.

"I know. . . I just don't know what to do right now" I said completely letting my heart out for Jack. He immediately covered my hand that was in the middle of the car.

He didn't need to speak to let me know he had my full cooperation and he will follow me blindly.

'As Alpha and Beta should be' dad's voice clouded my mind, as I remembered his wise words.

I was quickly at front of Tommy's house. The Publishing house was in the city so passing through Tommy's house is a must. But at the same time it isn't long from the pack town, plus a street connected to the Pack House just in case.

Soon I saw Tommy walking out and Brice handing him a jacket. He had an annoyed look.

Knowing him he was arguing with Brice, telling him he didn't need to be taken care of every time. He had dark eyes, instantly knowing he wasn't sleeping good.

He was wearing black gym pants, a white shirt and the blue jacket Brice gave him.

He opened the door and instantly walked in.

"Having rough moments I suppose" I instantly said as me and Jack waved to Brice.

"You have no idea. He is such a pain in my ass, just like Tadeo is. Hey Jack" Tommy said patting Jack's shoulder.

"Sup Tom. Having brother and boyfriend trouble?" He said looking back.

"You don't state was is already obvious. But Leslie knows more or less how I feel about this mate thing" he said as he seated down with his head down, letting himself out.

"It's just, I am so focused on doing things my way, not wanting to be attached. And when I was beginning to be drawn, well I will always be drawn to Tadeo, things like this happen and I just want to cower and protect myself first" hr said as I could hear the sadness in his voice.

Yeap, I could feel him more or less. Just that his dad wasn't dead.

"I know you can make it" I said looking through the rearview mirror.

"I can say the same thing about you. You have to comeback Les" he said.

I tried to ignore his comment, I was getting a little frustrated about it. But getting like that will not take me anywear. So I just enjoyed the road to the building.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I was already exhausted. One and a half hour into my office and Tommy, even Jack, arranging old files, and myself were tired of all the work I gathered.

Beatrice was off the days I was absent so her work was already in place. But she offered from her house to continue working on sending letters and emails to different distributors of the McLain Publishing and McLain Industries.

"Thank you Beatrice, I already contacted Mr. Walls and he is willing happily to come to the Book Festival" I said clearly happy about it.

Clearly the festival was one of the things I hope dearly will go great this year. It brought me fascination everyone I held it.

"Clearly Mr. Walls is amazed by it and Mrs. Foller is coming so it's good. Omar can you please change Amanda? She made a preseant" she yelled to her mate, seemingly she was looking out for Amanda.

"I am so sorry Beatrice for making you work", I said with all the sorry I could muster.

"Don't worry Alpha, it's a pleasure. Besides tomorrow work is established again right?"

"Yes and don't worry for the days off, I got you covered"

"Thank you Alpha" and with that she hung up, myself letting out a breath, putting the phone down.

"OMG, I have files here of treaties made with different publishing houses even before McLain was even build" Jack said as he was seated on the couch, with a bunch of papers in the middle table.

"Don't get me started. But that's why McLain Publishing was made and I made myself the CEO, I mean you should know this also, being CPO and stuff" I smirked and he just 'ha-had' at me.

"Btw Leslie, is your Uncle Rob taking care now of the McLain Incorporated? Since he was your dad's right hand" said Tommy looking at me from his laptop.

My mom has talked to Uncle Rob since the attack. He was sent by dad to a business trip in Italy, but he was present in dad's memorial. After dad went away he walked to me quickly and hugging me. Stating that it wouldn't be a problem if he was in pack duties affairs. Also that he was taking the CEO position.

He was always traveling with aunt Molly and my two cousins, Erika and Nate. They were really dear to me, and I didn't get to see them too much. And since the central McLain Inc. building is in Chicago, and he worked there, I didn't see them that much.

Dad had his own office here in the Alpha House also a building here in Washington state, but the main one was in Chicago, so he was traveling here and there almost every month.

Uncle Rob being from Alpha blood, of course he was preoccupied by his pack. Grandma and Grandpa lived in the mansion of The Council of all the werewolves in this continent. They instantly when they knew about the news went straight to us, and stayed until the memorial.

'I have a few duties with the former Alphas of the continent. Since us former Alpha's and Luna's hold The Council, we have to hold a few affairs but don't worry you will have my help from there' I could remember what my Grandfather told me. He was almost sixty years old but since wolves age slower he looked like he was fourty five. Same as my grandma.

They really looked good for their age.

"Speaking of which I have to call for him. But answering your question , he is handling the CEO position quite well. Nate is right now his assistant, stating that he needed to know more about the industry" I said as I looked for something in my CP.

"I guess it's logical, but he quite took a bad time knowing about your dad. I mean, he left his mate and children in Chicago, and he got here alone" Jack said as he remembered being visited by him in the hospital.

"I remembered he came running in his wolf form from what Marius told me. Big, strong, black coated wolf. Almost identical as dad, but older. He didn't had the Alpha mark, but he was ok with it. He was always the wild spirit" I said as I leaned back in the chair with my cellphone sending him a text.

-If you can arrive to the pack by Wednesday, it will mean a lot. I have to see you again and aunt Molly and the cousins, plus I would need your help. You can stay in one of the guest houses or in the Alpha House. Love you uncle-

"Done, already send him a text" I said as I layed my cellphone on my desk while Tommy handed me a list of the new arrivals that will be getting here and the things we need to buy.

"Luckily is not that much. We also have a new injection of a new donation that its really interesting. Quite new" he said and his eyes light up.

"Parker's Law & Associates Inc." he said looking at me, mentioning Dayton's rulling lawyer company.

His company is one of the greatest law firms around USA, so big that in Europe had a building and in Mexico City.

"How many is the donation?" I asked.

"A million dollars" he said as he gasped. I just raised my eyebrows.

Now that is no donation I have ever seen.

"I'll have to talk to him. Mate or not, he can't be donating that amount of money" I said shaking my head, while Jack shrugged.

"I mean he is the CEO and he has the money, so maybe he just dis it because of it".

"Still, gonna talk to him" I said looking back to the ceiling.

'What is he doing to me?'

"Leslie, you can not continue to avoid him. You must face your destiny later on. Which it seems it's greater than any other wolf before" Tommy said as he looked straight to my eyes.

He did had a point though. I made a promise to myself to talk to him this afternoon.

And I had a feeling he was talking to himself also.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

We finished after an hour of long time work. So that can tomorrow I had some time left for myself.

Since the company is starting tomorrow, it's gonna be heavy.

We took a de tore to one of my favorite restaurants that made home-type meals. Specially latin and italian cousine.

After we ordered and took it to go, we made way to the Alpha House to eat. I opened the door, and listening carefully nobody was here.

'Maybe mom is at the Pack House with Marius and Mimmi' I said to myself.

Making way to the dinning room, we each took our seats. Jack quickly chugging down his homemade hamburger. Tommy went with some rice and chicken while I choose rice with pork chops.

It tasted really good.

"Man, I could eat there any day and the register lady is an eye candy for sure" Jack said sucking his finger while making them pop. We just chuckled until I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I could feel his sent. As strong as ever then before.

As I looked back to the entry to the hallway I could see him standing there. His bright brown eyes taking my form into him. His brunette hair had grown a bit, along with his scruff. But he looked more manly and powerful.

He was wearing a black shirt, tight to his body and wasted ripped jeans, with his boots. He radiated power and I could feel my lust over him. I could feel his, too.

I broke the awkward silence.

"Dayton, didn't knew you were coming" I said as I stood up and gestured for him to enter completely. He smile gratefully and bowed his head for Jack and Tommy.

"Sorry for the abruptness but some of your pack trackers told me you came back to pack territory so I took the liberty to walk here by myself" he sounded sheepish but his voice signalled the strength he muster.

Everywhere when the breeze would enter, I could feel his cold energy but as contrast with my warm one, it was perfect.

"No, you don't have to say sorry. We were just eating. Sorry, there is not a plate for you. Although I can make you something" I said as I began walking to the door to the kitchen but he raised his hands, immediately stopping me.

"It's not necessary, love. I just got here to see how you were going. I had been a bit worried" and I could see it in his eyes. Even though they were bright, they were tired.

Same as mine.

"Anyways, Tommy we have to go back to the Pack House" Jack said standing up and getting his half burger with him, while Tommy looked at him puzzled. Clearly not knowing why.

"We have to? Oh! Oh, yes, we have to. Um, see you later Les" Tommy said when Jack gave him a pointed look with his raised eyebrows. Quickly getting his food and walking outside the house.

"Talk to you later Leslie. Please, when you can, go to the Pack House" Jack implored and I just nodded.

Dayton was smiling almost to himself when he saw the display of leaving me alone with him. It was getting awkward really fast so I decided to walk to the kitchen.

"For real, is not a problem with me. I can do something real quick, a sandwich or you can have my lunch and I can make myself something" I said as I made myself to the fridge, opening it and looking inside but soon after I felt his presence on my back. His arms covering my waist and his nose on my neck smelling my scent.

Instantly his touch sent shivers through my skin and the electrical currents of his touch, sent energy to my blood and brain. He was like a drug. Never enough to get tired of it.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to him as I closed the fridge and stood in his hold, letting myself go of restrictions and finally enjoying his touch from so long. Wanting to kiss and touch his lips and skin.

"I missed my mate. Is it too much of a thought to bare? Getting to touch you, and comfort you, when you finally give me the chance to do it. You know I'm hurting Leslie, seeing you so weak has me broken for you. I need to at least hold you, preciosa" his latin accent was enough to turn around and look intensely into his eyes. So much mystery, I could get lost just by staring.

"I don't know how to be a good mate to you. Now more than ever. At first I hated the stories my dad told me about you and your pack, how could you show no mercy in the enemies you had, how strict your pack is and how cold you were. Now, seeing a different side of you. . . caring, lovable, so in touch with everyone besides my pack giving you the nasty stares, how of a leader you have been.

And I, laying on the floor of my room cause I could not protect the pack I was destined to protect. I fell victim, Melanie is having this strange nightmares, pack members dead, including my own father. Which I could not even say to him that I loved him and I forgave him for being so protective of me. How can you ask me to be the perfect mate, which right now I am the lowest that I have? I am so sorry I even said those things to you that night in the hospital, my rage, my anger" I shook my head, not being able to say anything more. Tears were already falling down my face.

I was a pathetic excuse of a mate, let alone of an Alpha.

Suddenly I felt Dayton's fingers under my chin and raised them up, taking the other hand to clean my tears away. After he did that he kissed where the tears were.

My heart skipped instantly, while my wolf howled in delight. His forehead stood pressed with mine and I could hear his heart beating under his chest and I took the liberty to raise my right hand to where his heart is.

It beated strong. Powerful.

"You can feel my heart beat Leslie. And you know it's beating for you. I will say you this and I hope it stays with you. I am not looking for someone perfect. We are not perfect. I, too, have my flaws and it's true, I had been strong with my pack but I also had a strong past. Not an easy one. One who was dealt with too much hurt. You would never know that in 21 years of life, situations would held you at a point were you think you don't have a heart.

I was strong for my pack, sometimes I could say I was even ruthless, but they understood, and why did they? Cause I was their Alpha, and as they trusted me, I trusted them." He said as he cupped my cheek with his left hand, right hand taking place on my hips again.

"They held me dear to them and I could not just be that overly tight Alpha. I was already changing being a bit soft with my pack but I never knew fate will change me so drastically. Because when I met you, I was clear, then and there, that my heart took the right choice to beat for faith, for love, for my pack, for you. Leslie you lost your dad, lost pack members in the attack, and I feel your loss, but know this. Your pack is there for you when you rise up, cause they trusted you before and now, they will trust you even better. Sure, most of them will not like us being mates, but we can make peace if we start on the good path" he finished as he smiled, closing his eyes, feeling me in his hold.

"You have no idea, how long I had been searching for you. And now, that I have you, and almost lost you, I will not let you out of my sight. So, for your own good, please, come back to the position. It's not healthy for you to be feeling like this anymore. No tienes la menor idea de cuanto te estoy queriendo Leslie" he said as he took back to look at my face.

I had so much in my mind but I had to follow on him.

I took a moment to slowly pass my hand from his chest to his left hand, closing my fingers around his fingers. Feeling the instant cool and warmth of them uniting at once. And I nodded.

Letting him know that I would try.

"Leslie! Please where are you?!" I heard a scream from the front part of the house and I was instantly away from Dayton and quickly jogged to the front door, opening it.

It was Milan, he was exhaling strongly, like he came here running. His Hazel eyes were mixed with worry.

"Milan, what happened?" I was instantly outside, Dayton closing the door behind us. Milan gave a judgy look but let it pass quickly.

"Is Melanie, she is burning up, and calling your name, please we have to go quick. She is at the Pack House" he said and I instantly, grabbed Milan and he jumped into my back. Using my enhanced speed we went running there. Dayton was beside me and I was glad he was with me.

In a matter of seconds I was at the Pack House, letting Milan down and heading inside. I smelled the air and my hearing was keen, and instantly I spotted her on the second floor on the main room.

Climbing the stairs, I was instantly opening the door. I took glance of Rick and Nick, Dayton's warriors, Sebastian, Marius, Mimmi, Marcus, Jack, mom and Gianna. She was touching Melanie's forhead but got burned quickly making a hiss.

"Leslie, thank the Moon Goddess you are here" said Mimmi with tears in her eyes, running to me taking me in her arms. I took a moment to watch Melanie. She was in the middle of the room on the floor. Her white shirt clung to her sweaty body and she was heavily breathing, heaving.

"Argh, Leslie!" She yelled and I was instantly beside her on the floor. Grabbing her arm, I whimpered when I felt how hot she was, but a second later the heat enjoyed my hand encircling my arm. Like a warm and grateful handshake. Marcus was on the other side with Marius, they were trying not to touch her body, but it was difficult.

"I'm here Melanie, I'm here" I said as I touched her cheek. She looked at me frantically her eyes wide and painful.

"Please make it stop, please" she said, but the thing is, I didn't knew how but instantly I felt Dayton's eyes on my back. I turned around and he nodded to me, like if I new what to do.

Then I listened, to the voice that I could here before but in my dreams only. It wasn't my wolf, this voice was more stronger, more regal and authorative.

'Focus your energy into her heart Leslie. Use your gift to take the pain out of her'.

She said and even if I didn't knew what she was or where did she come from I did what she told me.

Moving my other hand to her heart I let it there. I tried to focus on her heart, on her beating, just like I did with Dayton before.

The heat there was overbearing, so strong but somehow I got into contact with him. Like he was speaking, burning her soul and spirit. Her wolf within her, which was yet to be out was in pain, almost dying. I could see fire, flames and moutains of flames everywhere and Melanie's body in the ground, a shadowed hand hovering over her, the flames growing intensely with every sway.

'Let this children go. Now!' I commanded and like if he knew my voice, which wasn't my voice at its one hundred percent, it was a mix from mine, my wolf and the voice I heard before, the flames decided to burn even brighter. But this time, they were color gold instead of the hard, almost blood red color they were.

The hand then went for me flying to me, like wanting to strangle me to death.

Not this time.

'I said, leave!' I shouted and the fire that surrounded me burst up like and inferno, golden colored. Some were bright gold, others were faint gold, almost white.

Looking in front of me, the hand was burning. Shrieking if it was. And in a couple of seconds, it was gone.

Instantly the flames were residing. Putting themselves out, and instead a blue hue, covered the area and Melanie was breathing quietly now.

I soon realized I had my eyes closed and when I opened them, Melanie was breathing calmly now. No longer screaming.

"Thank the Moon Goddess" said my mom cheerfully as Mimmi and Marcus instantly touched their daughter's forehead. Sending their prayers to the Moon Goddess herself.

Instantly Gianna was at the top of her head, hands on her shoulders, her healing affinity quickly spreading Melanie's body, finally her body accepting her help to begin healing.

"Thank you Leslie, thank you so much" Marcus said as she looked at me with tears in his eyes, leaning to me and hugging me.

"Leslie" I heard her whisper, I saw down at Melanie and she had her blue eyes opened, just like her father's.

"OMG, Melanie you are ok?" I said as reached amd grabbed her hand.

"I am, thank you so much Alpha" she said with all the strength she could muster and in that moment something that was long gone inside me since my dad died, came back.

Hope. Hope in myself.

Looking back, I saw Dayton's eyes which showed proudly over me, stating he was proud of what I did and he was happy.

I felt, new energies. It will be a long way to go, but I was sure now with Dayton by my side and Melanie's now recovering form, I just knew, I was going to be ok.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Other chapter uploaded!!!

I guess this is amazing for me and for all of you guys.

Also, I want to say from all of those who are reading this book to pray for Puerto Rico. Hurricane Maria took a really big part of us, and even if some people are 'comfortable' in the situation, there is still people who aren't recovering fast enough, who have loat everything.

Also sending prayers to the victims in Mexico thanks to the earthquakes, to the victims in Northern California with the fires and those who are still struggling in Texas and Florida, thanks to Harvey and Irma.

Comment, vote, share.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

9K 213 26
A tale of supernatural, magical love and rival packs, In years, she transformed from a young girl to a strong alpha. A warrior. *** Ember Hemming. ...
355K 9.5K 56
Being a woman in a man's world has always been hard. Whether it came to politics, work, or just every day life, being a woman could be hard. It was e...
116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
8.2K 223 28
Kiara Blackmoon. A powerful Alpha whose pack was slaughtered not too long ago. Now a rouge, she has been on the run, hunted by the same people who t...