It's Been Awhile (iDubbbz X R...

Door SorryPizza

You move from New York back to your hometown, San Diego, where you reconnect with someone who you haven't see... Meer

Second Chances
Hello Sunshine
When I'm With You
Sparks
Flowers Bloom
Playground Love (Part 1)
Highschool Lover (Part 2)
It's You
Not For All The Love In The World
AN
The Sequel

These Days

2.7K 57 27
Door SorryPizza

Three Months Later

It had been three amazing months since your first date with Ian. It had seemed like you two were on cloud 9. You spent almost everyday together, when you weren't working. It was safe to say that you guys were pretty much in love. Neither of you had really ever said it out loud. You felt as if you didn't need to say it, he should just know that you love him. Thinking about it, it sounded ridiculous. You hadn't said those three little words to someone in a long time. You wondered if Ian had felt the same too. Why couldn't he just say it first and get it over with? Maybe he didn't love you. All these insecurities rushed through your head until you got a text from Summer. It was a picture and a message, it read:

"JORDAN AND I ARE ENGAGED!!!💍💘❤️🎉"

Your jaw completely dropped. You were in utter shock. Instead of feeling happy for your friend, you were mad at her. You didn't know why. Maybe it was jealousy or maybe it was because you couldn't stand the thought of her getting married before you. You had always thought that you would marry first. You didn't want to get married right now anyways, but it was still unsettling. Why couldn't you just be happy for her? What is wrong with you, she's your best friend.

"OMG CONGRATS!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!❤️"

You really did mean what you wrote...to a certain extent. She then called you.

"You will never believe how he did it!" You could hear the enthusiasm in her voice, it kind of sickened you.

"How'd he do it" You said, trying to sound happy.

"Well he has been acting strange all day and then when we were at the beach, the box just fell out of his pocket! He then just got down on one knee and said the sweetest things! I cried, he cried, it was perfect."

"So it was an accidental proposal?" You said, trying not to sound as bitchy as you wanted too.

"Well I guess you could put it that way. But maybe it was suppose to happen. Like the ring was meant to fall out and it was a sign for him to propose to me right then and there! I mean everything happens for a reason, right? I know it sounds cliché, but maybe it was just the universes way of making it happen."

"Well that's one way of putting it." You actually took what she said to heart. 'Everything happens for a reason' it was a cliché but you liked that she said it. It made you feel less bitter about the whole situation.

"(Y/N), will you be my maid of honor? I know it's kind of soon to ask but your my best friend. Plus we want to get married soon anyways. Why wait, ya know?"

"Yea, I guess. And of course I'll be your made of honor." You were happy that she asked and had thought about what she said, 'why wait'. It made you think about yours and Ian's relationship. While you didn't want to get married, the least you could say is 'I love you' or 'I'm in love with you' is there a difference. You thought about it for a minute.

"Uh, (Y/N) are you still there?"

"Yea, yea I'm here... Hey is there a difference between 'I love you' and 'I'm in love with you'?

"Well, I don't know. I mean I'm in love with Jordan. We say that we love each other and are in love with each other. Does that help?"

"Yea. A little...wait, how did you know that you were in love with him? And did you tell him first?" Your conversation was getting a little off topic, but Summer didn't seem to mind.

"I don't really know how I knew. I just knew. It's just the little things. Like how he looks me and how he always holds open the door for me to go first or pulls out my chair for me. I don't know. It's just like this feeling I have when I see him. It's like butterfly's but way better. I actually told him first. I told him when we had only been dating for two months. It was pretty soon but I just knew and I needed to get it out. I just said 'I love you Jordan' and he said it back. It was so simple and easy, I didn't even have to thing about it... Do you feel that way about Ian?"

"I don't know... I mean, yea I do. It's just...it's just I don't know if he feels the same. I think he does but I'm really not sure. I don't want to say it and then he doesn't say it back."

"(Y/N), don't think about it too hard. It's not rocket science. You either love him or you don't. And if you don't then it's fine, I mean you've only been together for three months. Give it some time."

"Ok"

"For the record, I do think he loves you." And with that she hung up. She always hung up on people. You had once asked her why and she said that she didn't like saying goodbye.
About and hour later Ian called you.

"Hey did you hear about Jordan and Summer?"

"Yea, it's kinda crazy. They seem happy though."

"Yea, apparently they wanna get married in a couple weeks? He asked me to be his best man. I said yes but it felt a little weird."

"Summer asked me to be her maid of honor" You said with a giggle.

"I don't even know if I'll be able to make the wedding. I might be in Australia that week."

Ian had just sprung the news of going to Australia for a month, on you yesterday. You didn't want him to go but he was going for work and hanging out with his friends. Maybe it would be good for him to be gone. Maybe then you could figure some things out.

"Oh, well I doubt they can plan a wedding in a matter of a month. Knowing Summer she'll want to invite everyone she's ever met. She wants a big wedding and there's no way that's happening in a month."

"Haha yea... Hey do you ever think about a wedding?"

"Sometimes. I used to think about it a lot but not so much any more these days. I think if I got married I'd want to have a small wedding or even elope. But I don't know."

"Yea... We need to go out somewhere special before I leave for a month. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7:00."

"Ok"

You had wondered what he meant by 'somewhere special'. You guys had gone on plenty of dates. All of them were pretty special but he had never emphasized the word 'special' before. Maybe you were reading into it too much.

7:00, The night before Ian leaves
Ian had come to your door, as always, and knocked. You didn't know why he just didn't come in.

You yelled, "It's open!"

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yea, I just can't find my other shoe. Hold on... Oh never mind, I found it! Ok I'm ready now." You said as you walked out of the bedroom.

You didn't know where Ian was taking you, all you knew was that it was 'somewhere special'. You tried to think of all of the places you guys had been on dates. You never really went to the same place twice. Maybe he would take you back to the restaurant you had your first date, but it seemed he wasn't driving that way. He eventually pulled up to Summers apartment. She was in the process of selling it and buying a house with Jordan. Maybe it's a going away party?

As Ian led you inside and opened the door, you were expecting a bunch of people to be there. But there were none. The room was filled with rose petals and candles. It looked like something out of a movie, it was so romantic. You were so confused. You got the feeling that he was going to propose. Why else would he be so romantic? And if he wasn't going to propose, could you imagine how romantic that would be? You finally said:

"What is all of this?"

"This is where we first met. We first laid eyes on each other, in this very room."

You had honestly forgotten that. You felt like crying because of how cute and sweet he was, but you suppressed the urge. Instead you just crashed into his body and gave him a hug. He held on tight and after a couple minutes, he lifted up your face and kissed you. You knew in this exact moment, that you were completely in love with him. You had never felt this way before but you just knew. You two ate dinner and then spent the night together around rose petals and candles.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

27.5K 522 35
Your Y/n L/n who moved to New York City after your mother passed away, only to look for a job that your roommate fixed you up since she was sick, you...
2K 65 16
What happens when you finally move away from your friends and family, moving from Arizona to Las Angeles? Do you meet one of your favorite youtubers...
5.6K 119 53
You moved out of your hometown to L.A. to start a new life little did you know.. Your new life just got complicated
140K 3.3K 31
You move in with your brother Edd because your parents were always out doing whatever, and when they came back you were abused. You were also an unde...