His Hidden Wife (A Justin Bie...

Von juliethirteen

How do you make someone fall in love with you when he's in love with somebody else? You don't. You can't. You... Mehr

BLURB + Prologue
Chapter One (Andrea)
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty (.5)
Chapter Twenty One (Justin)
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six (Jacques)
Chapter Twenty Seven (Justin)
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty (.5)
Chapter Thirty One (Selena)
Chapter Thirty Two (Andrea)
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Eight (.5)
Chapter Thirty Nine (Justin)
Chapter Forty (Selena)
Chapter Forty One (Justin)
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three (Andrea)
Chapter Forty Four (Justin)
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six (Andrea)
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Ending Chapter (Part 1)
Ending Chapter (Part 2)
Epilogue (Justin)
A Short Chap: That time when Justin told Elise

Chapter Seven

98.7K 2.1K 716
Von juliethirteen

7 - Almost Is Never Enough

~*~
'Why would you choose someone who wouldn't choose you?' - Anon
~*~

"You said what?!" I watched as Scarlet dramatically stood up from her seat. She had her hands placed on top of the table.

"Shhh!" I hissed, grabbing her wrist while pulling her back on her chair.

"This is a library not a place to chitchat Ms. Anderson, Ms. Price." The librarian, Miss Stevenson — also known as Cat-lady (few students around the school branded her the name since apparently she houses around 20 cats at her place) — scolded. Her stern look sent scary chills with her clean updo bun and piercing black eyes.

"I'm sorry Miss Stevenson, Scarlet just can't help but to exaggerate when she invests too much emotions from reading books." I shrugged. "Authors and their abilities to hook readers."

"Absolutely." Scarlet nodded. "Can't help but react when characters make unintelligent decisions." I almost glared at her but I couldn't since Miss Stevenson was standing in front of us so I kicked her under the table. "Ouch!"

"Miss Anderson." A warning laced under her tone. In response, Scarlet placed her finger into her lips and acted as if she's zipping her mouth. "One more noise and the door is wide open." Miss Stevenson stated as she turn around and disappeared in a corner.

"Thanks Andrea. I really appreciate the kick." Scarlet muttered dryly. "But that doesn't erase the fact that you just comitted the biggest lie in your entire life and I wasn't there to witness how stupid it was."

"Well you're here now telling me how dumb the idea is so you're welcome." I said nonchalantly.

"You were drunk and you told them you're pregnant. Make it make sense."

"There are people who drink not knowing they are pregnant."

She rolled her eyes. "We all know you're not that reckless Andi."

"I said I wasn't ready for the responsibility and it got to me and I was in a club with all these irrational emotions building inside so I thought alcohol would make me forget."

"And what did they say?"

"Pattie cried. She will support and be there 100%. Jeremy told Justin to watch over me more. Dad was just silent."

"I mean you just discreetly told them you and Justin had sex." She stated. "If that isn't any dad's nightmare... Well you two are married. It's bound to happen one way or another."

I felt my soul recoiled at Scarlet's statement. "Sometimes I do wish you don't notice the small details.

"And Justin?" She pushed, brushing me off.

I sighed. "He didn't agree nor deny it."

"Huh." She huffed. "Do you remember anything from that night?"

"No. It was all hazy."

She then looked at me, pondering for a moment before she heaved a sigh. "You're a crazy drunk."

My eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"You kissed Jacques on the cheeks." I felt my jaw dropped. What the heck. "Poor guy. I thought he would have a heart attack."

"No way I did that." I hissed.

"Then you started plucking his eyelashes. It was funny." She giggled as she recalled the memory but my mind was gravitated back on her last statement.

"I kissed... Jacques?"

"Yep." She popped the 'p' as if I wasn't having any mental breakdown at her confession. "Well you would've proceeded in kissing him on the lips... if only Justin didn't pull you away though."

I felt my brain stopped working; I suddenly didn't understand the language Scarlet was speaking in.

"What?"

"Then he accompanied you and brought you to us. You were whining to him though... why you can't kiss Jacques and all. You were like this little kid who was asking for a candy. It was hilarious. His face was, you know, the usual. Stoic. He was gone for an hour. He came back and took you with him. That's it."

"What... the... hell..." I just mumbled as I try to ransack my brain from any memories of Scarlet's storyline.

"Now if you two did it however. I won't judge. I mean you make your own decisions."

What is Scarlet even talking about?!

"Even though I dislike Justin, his genes and talent I definitely approve. It's good investment for the little ones." I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched her get lost in her imaginative mind. Her duality is making my head ache. "So when did you two...?" Before she could say anything, I covered my palm over her mouth. I saw few students looked our way.

"...gafjjx? Ofjkdslsdlklfklfslcv? Wkdfdjkddbokdg?." She continued, though maybe I've known her all too well that I understood what she said.

'...had sex? Or is it making love? Was he big?'

Big? He meant....? Alright. Images deleted. Images deleted.

"Scarlet." I hissed as I glanced around only to find people wanting to make someone else's business their own. "Look away people before this crazy mental fox pounces right at you." I said, gesturing at Scarlet. "Look the hell away." I demanded now which abruptly, they all followed.

I faced Scarlet.

"Will you keep your mouth shut? And just because I told people that I'm, you know, doesn't mean an act has been made."

"You're maybe innocent but definitely not The Virgin Mary's level."

"Scarlet."

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

She just stared at me, smiling teasingly. I could see she wanted to laugh but choose to keep it to herself.

"So did you finally have a recap from the other night?" Someone asked from behind. I slumped on my seat and let out a sigh, not bothering to face Stephen.

"You should've stopped me." I stated as I watched him took a seat beside me.

"Nah. The entertainment value was worth it."

"My dignity?"

"Its hitting two birds in one stone Ands. All is well."

I rolled my eyes. "You're late. Where were you?"

Stephen was hesitant at first that I almost raised a brow. He looked at me and then at Scarlet before he exhaled deeply.

"I saw Veronica and talked to her."

"Oh."

Great. Here comes that stiff atmosphere I hated. Why can't he just lie and pretend we don't know the person?

"So did you ask her out?" Scarlet asked casually, I almost had a whiplash as I glanced at her side.

"I— uhmm..." Stephen choked on his words. Suddenly couldn't form a sentence as I watched him get tongue-tied.

"You should." She offered a small smile. "It's been years Stephen. Stop being a coward and grab the opportunity before its too late."

I felt my eyes turned to slits as I watched my bestfriend took off her horns and replaced it with a halo.

"Oh uh yeah." Stephen muttered. "Right. You're right."

Scarlet's phone however, vibrated at the top of the table that I saw who was calling her.

"Ah shit. Right I forgot." She stated as she held her phone. "I have somewhere to be."

"Why is Drake, the school's basketball team captain, have your number and is calling you?" I demanded before she even had the chance to stand up.

This secretive fake-halo-owner!

"Stop putting colors in it Andi." She said, rolling her eyes. "I have to go."

"Hey you didn't ans—"

"Remember the ABCs kids. Abstinence, Be Loyal, or if any of those two don't work out then use Condoms." She recited before she stood up and dashed her way outside the library.

"Can you believe that girl?" I gaped. "I really hate that mouth of hers sometimes."

Wanting Stephen's approval, I gazed over him only to find how his eyes were deeply rooted at the exit door of the establishment — where Scarlet took off to. He had that glint I saw too many times, in different people on various occasions. He looked sad. He looked... torn.

"Stephen." I called.

"Drake's a good guy." He whispered. "He'll take good care of her."

"I doubt she likes him."

He stared at me. "Did you know he's the only popular guy who turned Veronica down?"

"Yeah." I nodded. Drake is one of the few good guys around our school. From what I heard, he only had two girlfriends and flings are non-existent in his vocabulary when it comes to relationship. Not that I'm stereotyping but considering his looks, how known he is and how good he is in basketball, its refreshing to see he's more than the surface.

"She's in good hands." He smiled... though, I felt how misplaced it was.

"Did you ever bumped your head when you were a baby?"

"No. Why?"

"I might do it now." I whispered underneath my breath, I made sure he didn't hear it.

"What?"

"Do you think babies are cute?" I suddenly asked.

He pondered. "Some."

"That's just sad."

"What?" He chuckled. "Not all babies are cute. Have you tried babysitting them and got woken up by their loud cries at 2am?"

"Well look who's not going to get invited and be a godfather."

"What?"

"I told Pattie, Jeremy and Dad that I'm pregnant."

"You said what?!" Sometimes, I just hate how Scarlet and Stephen can't see how compatible they are.

"Alright. That's it. You two! Out! Now!"

Well there goes the meeting place.

"How?!" He whispered as we started to walk outside the library.

"Do you really want me to tell you the details?"

I saw how he cringed that I laugh.

"Andi was it the night he took you home and you were drunk?" He asked. "If I'd known I shouldn't have let him... and you were so out of it! I didn't know he'd take the advantage—"

"Dad relax." I stated when I saw how Stephen would pop out a vein in frustration.

"I mean, of course he's your husband. And it's your life. I—"

"It's a lie." I cut him off. "Dad put me on the spot and I just... couldn't think of a better and more believable lie."

"It'll complicate things."

I sighed heavily. "I know."

—-

I wanted school to have longer hours. Just for today. But hours ticked in a swift and then it was suddenly time to go home.

Home.

I had what I would call home when I was little. But I got married and then turned it to a house. Not the upgrade I was hoping for.

I know I'm lucky enough to have roof over my shoulders. Some people lived off the streets and here I am, blessed with a concrete building more than what a normal person could have, and I didn't want it. At least not now.

"Hey Princess!"

"Great. While the other one treats me like air, this one treats me like oxygen." I muttered to myself.

"Well its because I can't breathe without you." Jacques said gleefully as he had his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"This is harassment. I could file a case and—"

"You don't see me filing a case when you took the advantage and kissed me the other night." Embarrassed, I elbowed his rib.

"Oof." He scowled, taking a few steps away from me. "That elbow is sharp."

"I would say sorry but I don't think you deserve one."

"Meanie!" He stuck his tongue out that I rolled my eyes.

"Stay away from me."

"I won't. I'm like this insect and you're this light. I'm so attracted to you that even though you could be the death of me, I can't stay away from you." I punched his arm.

"Is that how you pick up girls?"

"Is it working?"

I scoffed. "You dare ask me that. Of course not!"

"Denial is a bad habit Andi. Once its too much your true feelings will rupture out one way or another."

"Do you know you're annoying?"

"Feelings change." He stated, dignified. "Anyway, mind if I can hit a ride home?"

Glowering at him, I could almost feel as if I'm one step away from pulling the ends of his hair. "You're impossible."

"I didn't bring my car."

"Is it my fault then?"

"I didn't say it was yours." His palms then closed together as he pouted in front of me.

"What do you think are you trying to look like? Because if its a dog then you just insulted the whole animal kingdom."

"No, I was trying to imitate Puss in the boots but a dog is cool too."

I rolled my eyes. "Either way, nothing worked."

"Well you're not the one driving so I'll just ask Ronaldo instead." With that he suddenly sauntered at the white Bentley that was now coincidentally driving towards our way and stopped. I watched as he waved before he knocked at the car window — the one near the passenger seat — and waited till the tinted glass rolled down. "Ronaldo, my man!"

"Greetings Mr. Wagner."

"Jacques is fine Ronaldo. So how's life been?" He was stalling that I just folded my arms and let myself see how this conversation goes.

"I'm fine. Thank you for asking Sir."

"Good. Well uh... you see I didn't bring my car with me so uhmm... well, I already asked Andi about it but she said I looked like a dog when I just wanted to be a cat... you know... its a hard life when you are judged in a way you don't want to be seen..." I pinched the bridge of my nose as he just threw incoherent sentences that I think Ronaldo was judging him for. Well, I would if it was me who Jacques was spluttering nonsense to.

Fine. Fine!

"Jacques you can—" I was about to give in and let him join us — might as well let the asset of prolonging the time to be back home by Jacques's interference put on use — but I was cut off.

"Are you going to be that persistent Jacques?" I felt my eyes widened as I heard that familiar cold tone. I looked behind as the window from the backseat rolled down. I quickly scanned the school's parking area if anyone was around but thankfully found none. What was he doing here?

He never, even once, stepped foot inside my school. Moreso, pick me up from class. We were all careful not to let anyone knew about our set up. He's been a favorite target by the media afterall.

"Oh...you're... here?" I could hear the disappointment lingering in Jacques's voice.

"Don't you have your own car?" The irritation behind Justin's brown eyes never wavered a bit. I could never perceive why Justin looked like he's always mad around Jacques. And vice versa. He's his cousin. They were knit as brothers once in their lives.

Family drifting apart is one thing, but family who used to treat one another as friends and brothers and would always have each other's backs breached the promise is heart breaking.

"Call someone to pick you up." Justin continued before he raised his eyes and stared at me. "Get inside the car Andrea."

Stephen suddenly chortled a laugh. I watched as Justin clenched his jaw.

Seriously.

"You're doing this now? Now, after all those years." Stephen stated, his taunting smile didn't falter a bit. "Come on now Justin. Stop manipulating people's feelings. You only do this when things are going against your favor."

When I heard the backseat door opened, I felt my whole body tensed as my nerves became antsy.

What the heck are these two thinking?

I saw Ronaldo also went out of the car.

"What did you say?" Justin asked, his tone filled with menace. "I'm not the one swinging his chances every opportunity he sees. Stop turning to places you shouldn't be."

"And you could?" Jacques retaliated. "You should stop eating your words Justin. Hypocrisy is repulsive."

"You don't know anything." Justin barked, his hands formed into tight fists. "Stay in your damn lane."

Jacques smirked. "Make me."

One minute Justin was just standing a few meters away from me, the next thing I knew Jacques was laying on the concrete floor with his face bleeding.

"Is that all you got?"

I felt my heart raised when I saw Justin about to punch Jacques again.

Seriously!

~*~

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.6K 99 16
She's complicated and hard headed. He's confusing and stubborn. Just because they're forced into marriage doesn't mean they have to love each other...
407K 14.6K 50
How can you love someone if you can't be faithful ......
250K 6.4K 119
In which a girl is arranged to marry her best friend WARNING: THIS STORY MAY CAUSE VIOLENT CRINGING AND OR DEATH..... I apologize in advance...
20.5K 1.2K 33
Forced into an arrange marriage with a stranger was hard for Candice. There marriage was worth millions so to get a divorce would cost even more mill...