I Stumble, Then Fall

Par AKAASHI

[Sawamura Daichi/Sugawara Koushi] The nightmare Koushi feared the most appeared. It was a slow, painful, real... Plus

but i can't help falling in love with you
i should've bought you flowers and held your hand
acceptance
acquaintance
"daichi"
facing the truth (end)

hold me in your arms

125 4 6
Par AKAASHI

It seems too funny to think that this is our last day to wear our uniforms -- the uniforms that we wear almost every day. Most students wish to have more freedom of wearing any clothing they want to school. Same old uniforms aren't really appealing to the eyes.

We weren't expected to use uniforms for the rest of our lives either, but the feeling of wearing these uniforms on the last day of school leaves such hollowness inside of us third years. Three whole years of wearing the same uniform almost every day, and suddenly bringing it to an end because of moving to another, yet cruel, stage of life.

I've grown too fond of this school.

It was blazing hot in the gym where the ceremony was happening. It was two times as hot as it usually is since each student has brought their guardian/s for the ceremony.

Despite the heat, the whole gym was oozing with excitement.

Our emotions are everywhere. Sadness, because we would have to part ways with our juniors. Nervousness, because we're going to another hell called university and are officially representing a new batch of adults. And, of course, pride, because Karasuno High School participated in nationals.

Thus, our ceremony ended and the students were to sing their school anthem and a sappy departure song.

The team suddenly huddled up out of nowhere, the second years dragging the dejected first years along with them. Suga was sobbing by then. He keeps wiping his eyes and nose to at least look decent in front of his teammates.

Asahi, the big teddy bear he is, silently cried. His tears kept pouring from his eyes, yet you can only hear a sniffle or two.

Daichi was laughing at the two third-years. You couldn't miss the few tears coming from his eyes, though.

Kiyoko's glasses were no longer on her face and her makeup is smudging from all the tears that she was trying to wipe.

The rest of the volleyball team couldn't help but cry along with their seniors. The usual loud ones are the quiet ones this time. Tanaka and Nishinoya stood there, their hands curled into fists while wiping their tears. Hinata, Kageyama, and Yachi are also in the same situation, but with more sobbing.

Ennoshita, Kinoshita, and Narita were crying happy tears, but you could tell that they're trying to act tough.

Tsukishima also managed to look so sad in the situation, although he wasn't crying. Yamaguchi wasn't, but when he saw everyone crying, he ended up crying, too.

Coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei decided to join in with tears in both of their eyes.

With no one expecting it, the whole team did their last call and placed their hands in the middle.

"Karasuno..." Daichi, the captain, started.

Everyone raised their hands in the air. "...fight!"

The whole gym applauded and cheered for the volleyball team and the success they brought into the school.

--

Suga chose to wander inside the school instead of going back home with his parents. He tried making up an excuse for hanging out alone in the school, but he ended up with telling them that he was doing his last rounds anyways. They understood the feeling of nostalgia after all.

The school is empty except for a few students doing the same thing he's doing. The classrooms are all tidied up, too. There are no books or bags in sight. It felt so boring to him like the whole place wasn't so messy just a few hours ago. The school is preparing for a new school year after all.

He visits his first-year classroom. The room was so small compared two years ago. His small self thought the school was spacious and intimidating. Now, it looks more cramped that he probably knows every crook and cranny of this school. Then again, he's going to a bigger school with more intimading people around him. Suga hopes he gets settled quickly at the university.

His second-year classroom still felt like nothing much happened to it. The classroom probably had the best views of the outside. The sakura trees are beginning to bud. He can't wait until the petals are scattered around the ground and making it seem like it was art. The buds are cute, too. They symbolize a new start after all.

His most recent classroom looked so different right in front of his eyes. The board is sparkling clean, the windows that he was so used to being open are shut. The lockers behind the desks are nameless, too.

Suga sighed. What was he supposed to expect?

The sky became a wonderful colour of orange. He stops in his tracks, wondered how many hours did he spend around the school, and giggles at the thought of the colour of the sky being the same as his jersey colours.

He can still call Karasuno his school, right?

"Suzume-chan!" Someone shouted. Suga looked down from the windows, wondering where that came from.

"Suzume-chan!" The person repeated. "Uhm...Here you go."

Suga heard something snap and, yep, there's a confession happening right now.

"Ehh?! Why me?!" Suzume-chan questioned, her hands covering her face.

"I'm literally confessing to you right now and this is what I get?" The guy who confessed seems to be Suga's biology partner, Hotaru-kun. Sugawara watched intently, using this opportunity to finally witness a confession. It's an embarrassing thing to eavesdrop, but he never witnessed something like this before and he can't miss it.

"H-how does someone react when someone gives their second button to them, then?!"

"I don't know, but not like that!"

"Oh wow, like this happens to me every day!"

Although they were arguing, the blushes on their faces make it seem very cute. Suga tried not to giggle very much.

The couple was huffing, both out of breaths because of their argument. They were silent for awhile until Suzume-chan spoke. "Are you asking me out?"

"H-hah?" Hotaru-kun was taken aback.

"Stop playing dumb and answer my question, damn it!" Suzume-chan was even redder now. She was fiddling the button Hotaru-kun gave her, a nervous habit.

Hotaru-kun smiled and pinched her cheek. He regained his composure. "Yeah. Will you go out with me?"

Suzume-chan slapped his hand away and pouted. "You pinched me, and it hella hurts, so no." She turned around and walked away with springs on her steps.

"What?!" Hotaru-kun's jaw dropped. "Are you serious?!"

She stopped and faced Hotaru, her smile wide. "You're such an idiot. Of course, I'd go out with you. Nerd."

Like Hotaru wasn't already red, he was probably as red as a tomato now and chased Suzume-chan. She squealed when Hotaru picked her and spun her around. "Stop it! I'm heavy!"

Suga watched as they barked at one another with insults, his own chest pang with jealousy. He was happy for Hotaru-kun, of course. He was a big science nerd and was in charge of the school garden.

Suga smiled at them. They seem like they were best friends. He only recognized Suzume-chan today, but he can tell that she's a great person when she's with Hotaru-kun.

Sugawara was swallowed in his own fantasies again. He imagines Daichi carrying him, confessing to him, giving his second button to him. He tries, very much, to bury that spark of hope inside him. But he still can't.

Daichi has a girlfriend now. And he's very happy. Why can't you be happy when he's happy?

Suga wants to cry his heart out again if he weren't so tired of crying. He wants to pity himself, drown himself in thoughts of Daichi loving him back. What if they really did date, are they going to last? Will Daichi even love him? What if he just dated Suga just to try it out?

Hell, Suga doesn't even know if he's straight or not. It's pretty obvious now that he's dating a female, but what if he's bisexual? Pansexual?

What if?

Koushi laughed at himself. He sounds like a drunk kid who got wasted and somehow ended up in his school because of shitty memories he had with the person he's in love with. Yeah, that's similar.

Without realizing where he's going, Sugawara ended up in front of the club room. He inhaled the smell of sports drink and foot powder. Yeah, he's going to miss this.

He tugged at his second button and snapped it off. Suga crouched down in front of the door, memorizing the details. It's just a small room with all of their gym clothes in it. Why does this space mean so much to him, huh?

Sugawara dropped the button and slid it inside the room. He just can't leave it in Daichi's shoe locker, what if someone sees?

What if.

Somewhere in Suga's mind, he still latches onto that string of hope that can snap any moment.

Let fate do its thing.

*****

This was originally a depressing oneshot pov of suga!!! What am i doing!!!

update: the next chapters are gonna be one hell of a ride (also introducing two new characters!)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

18K 414 12
COMPLETE !!! tadashi develops a young crush on tsukki hoping to get with him and obsessing over him so much until he ends up getting too attached to...
28.9K 967 23
It's been 7 years since Hinata graduated high school, and 3 since he last saw his teammates. For the last 5 years Hinata has been in a lovely relati...
80.1K 3.8K 19
(Just making some revisions, sorry everyone if this story moves around on my profile!) Akaashi has a dark secret. One that could end not just his re...
17.7K 299 8
A steamy oneshot yaoi short story featuring Kageyama Tobio and Hinata Shouyo from the manga Haikyuu. WARNING: This fanfiction has explicit gay inter...