I Promise (A Michael Clifford...

Від RebeccaClifford

Rebecca has always had a rough time in life, she's in and out of therapy for years, but so has Michael Cliffo... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N - background info on the story, please read!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Authors Note
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 11

65.3K 1.8K 1.4K
Від RebeccaClifford

Rebecca’s POV

Michael and I sat on the bench for ages, continuing to catch up on the last few months of our lives, and getting to know each other even better.

After a while, a comfortable silence took over. I sat there in Michael’s arms, as he lazily drew circles on my back.

The silence was suddenly punctured as Michael began to speak.

“Okay so I know we’ve only known each other for a short time, and like you don’t really even know my family or anything yet…” His voice trailed off.

I began to panic, knowing what was coming next. Michael was going to ask me out. I didn’t know what I was going to say. I hadn’t been expecting this at all. I felt myself start to feel dizzy as I became immersed in my thoughts.

As he finished his question I began to speak “Ummm… Uhhh… I don’t know... I mean…”

“Rebecca, did you even hear my question?” Michael asked, looking confused.

“Didn’t you just ask me-“

“I asked if you wanted to come spend Christmas with my family, as it’s in two days, and I know you don’t have anyone here to spend it with,” He interrupted, saving me from total embarrassment.

 A wave of relief rushed over me. I knew I liked Michael, but I didn’t know if I was quite ready to commit to anything yet.

 “Oh! Of course I’d love to! I mean, as long as I’m not imposing on your family or anything, I’d hate to be a bother!” I sputtered out.

“No, not at all! My mom was actually the one who suggested it, she was worried that you’d have to spend Christmas alone and all…”

A smile spread across my face as I took in the fact that Michael spoke to his mom about me.

“My dad will be here tonight to pick us up, so make sure you’re packed and ready by 7!” Michael said, with a huge grin displayed on his face.

I checked my phone to see that it was already 5:45. We decided that we should probably go start packing right away, to allow enough time to say bye to Luke and Calum before we left.

Michael told me that we’d be at his house for a total of 4 days, and to make sure I brought a swimsuit since his parent’s house had a pool.

My heart began to race at the thought of having to wear a swimsuit in front of Michael, and I made a mental note to avoid having to do so at all costs.

We made our way upstairs, once again holding hands. This action always confused me, as we weren’t a couple, yet he always seemed to grab my hand whenever we walked anywhere.

We parted our separate ways as I went into my room, and Michael into his. I pulled out my plaid suitcase from my walk in closet and began laying out outfits for the week. I packed mainly jeans and sweatpants, but decided to throw in a pair of shorts. For tops, I packed a few t-shirts and some sweaters, even though it was very warm out. I always covered as much skin as possible, and this week with Michael and his family wouldn’t be any different. I couldn’t let them see the battleground that was my thighs and arms. They would probably send me back to this place before I could even comprehend what was happening.

At 6:30, a knock sounded on my door, alerting me that it was time to say goodbye to the other boys. I still didn’t know them too well, but I definitely considered them friends. They were the only people, apart from Michael, that I felt comfortable talking too. Everyone else at the center seemed to be quite snobby, always acting like they were better than anyone else because of how much money their parents had.

Many hugs and exclamations of “Have a good Christmas!” later, Michael and I were signing out for the week in the main office. We both wished the receptionist a Merry Christmas, and then walked hand in hand, trailing our suitcases behind us, to the front entry way to wait for his dad to arrive.

Shortly after sitting down on one of the couches, I observed a black SUV pull up, and instantly recognized Mr. Clifford in the driver’s seat. Michael helped me up, and we rushed outside to meet his dad. He engulfed both of us in a hug, at once, and then gave each of us a separate one.

Michael effortlessly lifted both of our bags into the boot of the car, and then joined his dad up front, whilst I sat in the seat behind him.

“We’re so glad that you could join us, Rebecca!” Mr. Clifford exclaimed, as he drove down the long, shaded driveway.

“Aww, well thank you so much for allowing me to stay with you, it honestly means so much to me!” I gushed, as  Michael twisted around in his seat, reciprocating my smile.

About 45 minutes later, we pulled up at an impressive looking lot. Much larger than Michael’s previous one in America. The large iron gate at the foot of his driveway swung open, and as we drove forward my jaw literally dropped. His house was massive, to say the least, and looked like a home you would find in a magazine.

As Michael’s dad put the car in park, his mom, whom I had never met, came running out to the car. She looked as if she was about to burst from excitement as she ran straight to me, ignoring Michael’s outstretched arms.

“Rebecca, dear!” She exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. “It’s so nice to finally meet you! Michael has told me so much about you! You’re just as beautiful as he described you to be!” Her comment turned my face into a deep shade of red, as I mumbled a quiet thank you, and focused my attention on my shoes.

Michael thought I was beautiful. That was the only thought that raced through my head as his parents led us inside their grand home.

“Rebecca, you’ll be staying in the guestroom across the hall from Michael’s room, so I’ll let Michael bring your bag up for you and show you around!” His mom said with a cheery smile.

Michael took my suitcase from its spot on the kitchen floor next to me before I could protest. He dragged both of our bags up the center staircase, and quickly threw his in what I presumed was his room, before showing me the room I’d be staying in.  The room was very lovely. It had pale green walls, rustic white furniture, and yellow floral comforter on the bed. Michael then showed me the bathroom down the hall, saying that it was all mine for the week.

Minutes later, we were called down for dinner by Michael’s mom.

As if reading each other’s minds, we both took off running for the stairs. Michael of course, being the only athletic one out of the pair of us, beat me to the dining room.  I looked at the table and was greeted by the sight of spaghetti with meat sauce, my favourite meal. I quickly sat down in the seat across from Michael, and we shared a smile.

After gobbling down most of my pasta, a change from my normal eating habits, I felt someone’s feet start to poke my own. I quickly peered under the table to see Michael trying to start a game of footsies, and I quickly joined in. We both began to laugh, earning a confused look from both of his parents.

After everyone was done eating, I joined Mrs. Clifford in the kitchen to help with the dishes. She insisted that she could take care of them, but I told her it was the least I could do for letting me stay with them.

As she passed me a plate to dry and put away, Mrs. Clifford began to speak.

“Rebecca, I just want to thank you. Ever since you arrived in Sydney, Michael has seemed so much happier. The time when you guys weren’t together was very rough. He became very upset, and started turning towards violence. He probably told you about the fight he got in at his previous rehab center…“ Her eyes began to fill with tears, “Well anyways, on behalf of my husband and I, we just want to thank you, and let you that we are always here for you if you ever need anything. I know it must be hard being this far away from your parents, so please, if you ever need anything you come straight to us, okay?”

Tears welled up in my eyes, as I put down the cup I had been drying and hugged Michael’s mom. His parents were honestly the nicest people I had ever met.

“Why don’t you head up and change into some pjs, and then you and Michael can watch a movie in the cinema room. How does that sound?”

“That would be lovely! Thanks Mrs. Clifford, for everything I mean!” I beamed.

I went upstairs and quickly changed into a pair of sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt. I brushed my hair and pulled it up into a pony tail, then walked across the hall to Michael’s door. I timidly knocked, and the sound of guitar that had been echoing about the corridor stopped, and the door flung open revealing Michael standing there in a white tank top and grey sweatpants.

“Hey!” He said, with his usual goofy grin.

“Hi Michael!” I said with a giggle. “Um so your mom told me that we could like watch a movie or something?”

“Oh yeah! We can watch on in the cinema room! Come on!”

Michael grabbed my hand and led me back downstairs and down a long hallway. We reached a door at the very end and he pushed it open to reveal a room with numerous leather chairs and couches positioned in front of a large screen with a projector on the ceiling.

Michael told me that I could pick any movie from his collection on the far wall, and said that he’d be back in a few minutes with snacks.

I stared at the extensive array of movies, until one in particular caught my eye. I grabbed it off the shelf and put it in the DVD player. I then sat down on one of the couches and grabbed a blanket.

Minutes later Michael arrived holding a bowl of popcorn and two cups of chocolate milk. I laughed at his drink choice, but didn’t complain one bit.

Michael sat down right next to me, slipping under the blanket. He pressed play on the remote, and as the movie started burst into laughter.

“Out of all the movies I own, you pick this one!?” He said, as the Finding Nemo logo flashed on the screen.

“Yeah, you got a problem with that?” I said, trying to act tough, but miserably failing, resulting in more laughter from the both of us.

“Nope, it’s actually one of my favourites! But please don’t tell anyone that…” Michael said, still laughing.

Once the movie began, we quieted down. Halfway thorough I began to feel very sleepy,  and Michael obviously noticed as he shifted the two of us so that I could lay my head on his chest.

I did so, feeling awkward at first, but as time progressed I found myself feeling more and more comfortable. Being held in Michael’s arms like that made me feel safe, and I knew that he would keep his promise that he had made the previous night on the bench.

After the movie ended, Michael switched off the projector and began rubbing my back, something that I found very soothing. I think he thought I was already asleep, because he picked me up and began carrying me upstairs. I wanted to protest, and tell him that I was too heavy, but right before he placed me in my bed my eyes flickered open, to be met with his piercing green ones.

“Don’t even think about saying it, Rebecca. No, you are not too heavy.”

I felt myself blush as he pulled the covers up to my chin. My face turned even darker when he bent down and placed a kiss on my forehead.

“I’ll be right across the hall if you need me. Goodnight, Rebecca.”  He said with a smile, before closing my door.

I quickly drifted off to sleep, with a huge smile plastered on my face. I could already tell that these next few days with Michael were going to be great. 

A/N I really like this chapter! It was so fun to write! Thank you so much for 1,000 reads! I can't believe it! I was so excited when I woke up this morning to see that! Anyways, please comment, share, and vote! and thank you for reading! Rebecca x

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

188K 9.6K 144
Where Michael is forced to read fanfictions by his band mates but never gets emotional until one certain one comes along Sad things happen so be prep...
25.1K 569 42
"What's that?" The boy quickly brought his hand to the girl's cheek, softly brushing over the purple skin, determined to not hurt her. But she still...
255K 5.5K 100
Sarah's just a normal teenage girl who's life changes when the Micheal Clifford the hot punk rock singer who she idolises joins her school in Sydney...
426K 11.8K 36
Summer has always been the good girl. She gets good grades and never does anything wrong. Then her dad gets a new job in Australia and she thinks tha...