Dared.

Por shelbsters15

Lyric Martin has always had it all. A perfect family, friends, and everyone has always loved her. Until one d... Mais

Dared.
Damaged.
My Bed.
Pain.
School.
Can't Talk.
Not Giving up.
Lunch Time
Run
Heartless
Changed
Jealousy.
Friends
Invited
Texting
Deal With The Devil
Just having fun
Phone Call

Vanessa Arrives

3.1K 190 35
Por shelbsters15

No part of this story may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission by Shelbsters15.

Copyright @ 2013 By Shelbsters15. All rights reserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, guys!!

Okay, I want to thank ya'll who voted and commented on the last chapter! I know it may have been confusing for some of you, but thank you!

I'm so, so, so, so sorry for taking so long to update! I've been sick with mono, and feeling really weak. :/ I was even in the hospital a few weeks ago for a few days.

Yuck.

But, enough of me, I'm sure you're excited to read the next chapter! :D

Don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter!

Thanks.

-Shelby. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Twelve.~

"Lyric! You've gotten so.. So.. Um, scrawny.."

I plaster on one of the most fake smile that I have, and nod my head at her.

My cousin, Vanessa, is standing in front of me, in all her pink, fake glory.

It looks like someone's had too many plastic surgeries...

"How long has it been since we've seen each other?" She asks, wrapping her arms around my neck.

Not long enough, apparently.

I about choke from the death hold she has on my neck, and her smelly perfume, and I kinda push her away from me.

What has gotten into this chick?

Vanessa backs away from me, and gives me this fake sympathy/pout face.. You know, those looks with the bottom lip out. "I am so sorry to hear about your voice." She's talking to me like I'm two. "I'm sure you have been devastated. I was devastated when I heard about you."

I want to roll my eyes at her. If I could talk, and I was my old self, I'm seventy percent sure that I would not be saying some nice things to her.

"We all were, honey." Aunt Maddie joins in with her. "It was such a tragic thing."

Oh yeah.. Tragic.

Vanessa's eyes change, as if she is just now realizing her Mom is here, and she smiles brightly. "I guess it's a good thing that you have my parents.. Your parents just couldn't take anymore of you." She blinks innocently, and when she sees my face change into a glare, she finishes off with a, "Right?"

I just want to rip those extensions out of her little tiny head.

My fists tighten so tight that I can feel my nails digging into my skin.

"Uh, Vanessa, dear.." Aunt Maddie trails off, looking back and forth between Vanessa and I. "Why don't we.. Go make some tea, yeah, we can go make some tea and we can catch up." She grabs Vaness'a arm, and pulls her into the kitchen. I hear them talking about some boy she met.

"I'm sorry about Van, Lyric. She can be a bit... Outspoken."

I look at Uncle Frank who's sitting on the couch looking at me intently, and sigh silently. I'm used to Vanessa. She's always been rude. I knew she wasn't going to change. It's just hard hearing her say this stuff, but it's not like I was expecting her not to.

I shrug my shoulders and smile a small smile at him.

He smiles one back, and pats the seat cushion next to him.

That's his way of giving attention to me. I'm guessing he also used to do that to Vanessa and Cody. I wonder what they used to do. I wonder if they were good kids, sat next to their Dad, and watched TV alongside of him, bonding? Or, if they just rolled their eyes and walked up to their room.

I sit next to Uncle Frank, taking advantage of the opportunity.

The opportunity that I miss with my Dad.

~~~

"So..."

I blink.

She bites her bottom lip.

I scratch my arm.

She pats the top of her hair.

I look down at my hands.

"How have you been?" Vanessa finally asks, breaking the very awkward silence since we're in her/my room, just staring at each other.

Being mute doesn't always have its perks.

Wait a minute.. It doesn't have any perks at all. Silly me.

I narrow my eyes at her slowly, and she scoffs. "I was just asking. You look awful-No offense. But, your hair has grown all scraggly since I've seen it last, and you've lost a ton of weight, which makes you look like a bean pole." You can shut up anytime. "And I'm not going to even start on your face, or your outfit.. You could at least use a little makeup, you know. You used to be so pretty." She clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth. "Such a shame."

I'm pretty sure my face has turned the three shades of red, because let me tell you, my face is on fire.

I want to kill her!

It's not like she's 'Miss Perfect' either. She looks orange from her spray tan. Her skin is really leathery. She has too much make-up on. She's dressed in all pink, which does not at all flatter her orange skin tone, and her blonde hair looks like it's been bleached.

But, I don't have a voice to tell her this.

I'm depressed.

She flips over on her stomach on my/her bed, and props her head up on her elbows to look at me.

"So.. Do you have a boyfriend?" I shake my head slowly, and her eyes glisten. "But, you like a boy, don't you?" Again, I shake my head. "Oh, come on. There's not one single boy out there that you like? There has to be."

I sigh silently, and pray inside my head for this night to be over with.

Even though I don't like him, for some reason, Jared pops in my head.

I shake my head no.

~~~

By morning, by brain is fried, and I'm on the edge of begging Aunt Maddie and Uncle Frank to take me to the Nut House for Mental Breakdown.

Vanessa won't leave me alone! She's asking me questions about everything! And she won't leave me alone about boys! It got so bad, that around the tenth time of her begging me to 'give into the truth, and tell her if I had any boycrushes', I shook my head yes, and ran into the bathroom.

I was in there for twenty minutes, trying to gain some sanity back.

"Good morning, girls." Aunt Maddie says, smiling like she is almost every morning. "I made Breakfast burritos!"

"Good morning, Mother." Vanessa bounces in one of the kitchen chairs, and looks at the food with disgust. "I can't eat that. That'll ruin my diet."

Aunt Maddie raises her eyebrows, while looking Vanessa up and down. "Diet? Honey, you-"

"Mother!" Vanessa snaps. "Drop."

Aunt Maddie snaps her mouth shut, and plasters a smile on her face. "Okay." She looks at me. "Are you hungry?"

Vanessa has her trained like a seal.

I nod my head, and grab a plate, ignoring Vanessa's stare.

If I'm too skinny, she should be happy that I'm eating.

"Good morning, girls." Grandma says slowly, making her way into the kitchen.

"Hey, Gran. Sup?"

Grandma stops walking, and gives Vanessa a strange look. "What does 'Sup' mean?"

I roll my eyes at Vanessa. She's such a brat. She knows Grandma wouldn't know what that means. I can tell by the humor in her eyes that she's doing this to mess with her.

What is wrong with me? Normally I wouldn't care what Vanessa does. I guess I've changed since the last time I've seen her.

"Vanessa," Aunt Maddie calls out, interrupting whatever she had planned. "Can you drive Lyric to School please."

What? No!

I give Aunt Maddie a look I'm hoping that says 'No, please don't let her take me."

"Uh, Mom... I don't feel like driving. I had to drive all the way here yesterday. I'm tired of it."

Aunt Maddie gives Vanessa the most stern look I've seen her give Vanessa since she has got here.

"Fine." Vanessa groans. "Are you ready?"

'I look back and forth between the Mother and Daughter, and I feel helpless. I don't want her dropping me off! She'll probably want to meet some of the people I know..

Jared!

I don't want her meeting Jared!

That is not happening... Not on my life.

Continuar a ler