Rebels are People too? Scary...

LoveLover

Living with rebels isn't the best. Especially if it's against your will! 15 year old Everlyn or Ever knows ho... Еще

Why My House? *Chapter 1*
Time is Everything *Chapter 2*
Name *Chapter 3*
Trade *Chapter 4*
Doctoring *Chapter 5*
Nothing *Chapter 6*
Mistakes *Chapter 7*
Police *Chapter 8*
Injury is a Must Here *Chapter 9*
Going Back *Chapter 10*
Long Time, No See *Chapter 11*
Boyfriend & Girlfriend *Chapter 12*
*Memo!*
Apart of ROM *Chapter 13*
Party *Chapter 14*
First Time for Everything *Chapter 15*
Tease *Chapter 16*
Love This Boy *Chapter 17*
Scarlet *Chapter 18*
Secrets *Chapter 19*
*Another Memo!*
Characters!
What a Bi... *Chapter 20*
Not a Pet *Chapter 21*
Oh, Boys *Chapter 23*
Who Knew? *Chapter 24*
Our's *Chapter 25*
Here We Go Again *Chapter 26*
Stress *Chapter 27*
Final Goodbye's *Chapter 28*
More Trouble *Chapter 29*

Goodbye's are Hard *Chapter 22*

469 14 2
LoveLover

Rebel's are People too? Scary People!

By: LoveLover

Chapter 22

Goodbye's are Hard

"That movie was alright" Jace said.

I smile and nod in agreement. We follow everyone to the mexican resturaunt down the road.

"I liked it" Sassy said. "It was cute."

"I thought it was supposed to be a great action movie. Not some romance" Hatz complained.

Monique laughs and says, "It was an action movie. It just had romance in it too."

Kelly laughs at David because he's rolling his eyes. I shake my head at our funny group and grab Jace's hand. He smiles down at me and squeezes my hand quickly.

We find a table in the resturaunt and get our menus. Monique kicks me under the table and nods toward the bathroom. I nod too and we excuse ourselves.

When we get into the bathroom and I tilt my head and ask, "What's going on?"

She sighs and says, "Nothing, except I know something you should know."

"Okay, what?" I asked, confused.

"It's Chris. Alyssa text Hatz's phone during the movie. Chris is flipping out and wants Jace home. So Hatz told Jace but he's not going home because he doesn't want to ruin your night" she told me.

"Are you serious?" I asked, surprised.

She nods.

I brush my hair back and sigh. "He should go home. Chris wants him and that's his son. He should come first" I muttered.

"Jace just wants a peaceful night for you" Monique said quietly.

"I know." I walk out of the bathroom and back to the table. I sit next to Jace and try not to look unhappy.

Jace glances over at me and leans down. He whispers, "What was that all about?"

I sigh and just say, "You should go Jace. Chris wants you."

He sucks in a breath and leans away. I notice everyone at our table has gotten quiet and I look up. They're all looking at Jace and I.

"How do you know about that?" he asked quietly. He looks at Monique and shakes his head.

"Can we please talk about this outside?" I asked him, standing up.

He nods and stands up too. We leave the resturaunt and walk a little ways away.

"I didn't want to ruin your night" Jace told me.

I smile a little. "I know. And thank you for that, but Chris needs you. So you need to go. It's up to you if I go too" I told him.

He looks down and rubs the back of his neck. "I won't mind you coming with me but if you want to stay, I understand" he said.

"I'll go with you." I take his hand and we walk back inside the resturaunt. "Hey guys. We're going to go back home" I said.

"Chris wants me" Jace explained.

They nod and say okay. Then we head towards the apartments.

We walk into the apartment and hear Chris yelling. Jace sighs and walks to our bedroom. I follow him and see Chris standing on the bed, yelling at Lissa and Alyssa.

"Christopher! Get down right now!" Jace yelled.

Everyone looks toward him and Alyssa and Lissa look relieved.

Jace walks over to Chris and says, "Sit down."

Chris sits down and crosses his arms. Lissa and Alyssa leave the room quietly. I sigh and lean against the wall.

"You need to stop throwing these fits, right now. I am sick of it Chris!" Jace said loudly.

Chris looks down, glaring.

"Were you like this with Sarah?" he asked his son.

Chris doesn't answer and I can tell Jace is getting frustrated.

"Answer me!" he yelled.

I walk over to him quickly and touch his arm. "Jace" I warned him.

He looks at me and then back at Chris. He's crying and staring at the ground.

Jace sighs and shakes his head. "I'm sorry Bud. I shouldn't have yelled at you. But you have to stop throwing fits whenever I'm gone or when I'm leaving" he said.

Chris sniffles and nods.

"Now give me a hug" he said, holding his arms out. Chris hugs him and I smile at them. Jace is such a good father.

"I'm sorry Daddy" Chris said.

"It's okay, Bud" Jace said. He messes up his hair and kisses his cheek. Then he turns to me and smiles a little. "I better go pay Alyssa and Lissa" he said. He leaves the room and I stay with Chris.

"Mommy?" Chris asked.

"Yeah?"

"Is Daddy mad at me?" he asked quietly.

"No, he's just upset that you always want him here" I told him.

"Oh." He plays with something on the bed and then slides off and leaves the room. I follow him and Alyssa and Lissa are leaving with some food. I guess that's how they pay each other here.

"I'm hungry" Chris said to Jace.

"What do you want to eat?" Jace asked.

"Hot dogs!" he said, excited. All the unhappiness gone from his face.

Jace nods and goes to the fridge. He gets out a package of hotdogs and starts making them.

Someone knocks on the door and I answer it. It's Monique and Hatz.

"Hey. Everything good?" she asked.

I nod. "Thanks."

"I just wanted to make sure you guys were okay" she said.

I nod.

"Goodnight" she said.

"Night." I close the door and sigh.

"Ever? Are you okay?" I heard Jace ask. I look up and nod. "You don't look okay" he said.

I shrug. "I'm just tired" I lied.

"I'm sorry for your night ending like this" he said quietly. He stands in front of me but doesn't touch me.

"Why are you so upset?" I asked him.

He sighs. "Sarah called while we were out. Lissa answered and Sarah said she wants her kid back because she found someone who will pay her for him. They want to adopt him" he whispered.

I don't know what to say. I don't know how he feels about this news. I know I'm upset about it. Chris has become part of us in this short time.

"He won't have a good life here. We can't send him to school. We can't teach him what not to do because we're doing those things. He's better off with a real family... But he's my kid," he whispered. He looks up at me. "I don't know what to do. I'm too young to make decisions like this."

I shake my head. "I don't know either. You're right about him not having a good life though" I said quietly.

He pushes his hair back in frustration and sighs again. "I need to give him up, huh?" he whispered.

"I think so. Like you said, you're too young" I said. I hate saying this because I love Chris.

He sinks to the floor and puts his head in his hands. "I just got my son and now I'm giving him up... I must be the worst father ever" he said quietly.

I shake my head and kneel down next to him. "You're a great father for understanding what your son really needs. And maybe you can see Chris every now and then" I whispered. I hear sniffling and lift Jace's face up. He's crying! "Aw, Jace." I pull him into my arms and he burries his face in my hair.

"I don't know what to tell him! What about when he gets older? He's going to hate me" he said.

"No, he's not going to hate you. And you can tell him he's going to live with some nice people and he'll have all sorts of new friends" I told him.

He nods and I feel myself tearing up. I hate to see him like this and I don't want to see Chris go.

"This isn't fair" I said.

"Mommy? What's wrong with Daddy?" I heard Chris ask.

I look up and he's standing next to us. He looks so cute and innocent. I burst into tears and pull Chris toward us.

All three of us hug for a minute and then Jace looks at me. "Can I talk with him alone for a minute?" he asked me.

I nod and head to our bedroom. I sit on the bed and start crying again. I know Chris needs a better life than this. He doesn't even have his own room! But I don't want to have to let him go.

I lay down and burry my face in a pillow. I sob because this is so unfair to Jace and Chris.

"Ever, please stop crying" I heard Jace say. He lays down next to me and puts his arms around me.

"Did you tell him?" I whispered.

"Yeah. I told him he's moving in with some nice people and he's going to have lots of fun" he said. I can tell he's crying by the sound of his voice.

I turn over and whisper, "I'm so sorry Jace."

He nods and more tears fall. I never thought I would see him cry and it makes everything so much worse.

"Mommy? Are you coming to this new place with me?" I heard Chris ask.

I hold in a sob and sit up. "No Chris. I'm staying with Daddy" I told him.

"Oh." He looks down at his feet. "When do I leave?" he asked.

I look to Jace and he says, "I have to call them and ask them when they are okay with you coming."

"Okay!" Chris bounces out of the room and I hear the TV turn on.

"He doesn't understand" I said quietly. I feel tears coming on again.

Jace doesn't say anything. He doesn't move. He doesn't do anything.

I see his phone in his pocket and pull it out. "Do you want me to call Sarah for you? I wouldn't mind" I said.

He still doesn't move or say anything. I sigh and find her name. I press send and wait while it rings.

"Have you made your decision?" her voice asked.

I roll my eyes and ask, "When do these people want Chris?"

There's a pause and then she answers, "Tonight."

"We're not giving him to you. You can meet us at this family's home and you will get your money then. But Chris won't see you" I told her.

"Who says you're calling the shots?" she asked with anger in her tone.

"I did. Deal with it bitch or you don't get any money" I said through clenched teeth.

There's a pause. "Fine, bitch. Then meet me at 206 Marsey Road in 20 minutes!" she yelled and hung up on me.

"I really don't like that bitch" I whispered. I look at Jace and he's still an emotional statue. "We need to be at 206 Marsey Road with Chris in 20 minutes. I'll get him ready." I leave him in the room and go to find Chris and his stuff.

"Here we are" I said quietly as we walk up to the address. Chris is holding my hand and Jace is walking slowly behind us.

"Is this lady as pretty as you, Mommy?" Chris asked.

I cover my mouth and hold back a sob. "I don't know sweetie" I whispered.

We go up to the door and ring the doorbell. A man with black hair in his thirties opens the door and smiles at us. "Hello. You must be Chris" he said, looking at Chris.

Chris hides behind me and peeks around my legs.

Then man glances at me and asks, "Who might you be?"

"His mother" Jace said from behind me. I blush and look down at my feet.

"Oh... Well we are so happy to finally meet Chris" he said. A blonde, tall woman walks up behind him and smiles at us. She has beautiful green eyes and she's very pretty.

"Hi there! I'm Kassidy Lovett and this is Lucas. You are?" she asked.

"I'm Everlyn. This is Chris and that's Jace" I told them.

"Nice to meet you guys. Wow, Chris looks just like you" she said to Jace. He doesn't respond in any way. "Well why don't you come in?"

"Sorry, but we have to get going. So give us the money and we will be going" Jace said.

They looks surprised for a minute. Then Kassidy says, "Okay. Hold on a minute." She disappears and then comes back with some cash.

"Thanks." Jace takes the money and shoves it in his pocket. He leans down and kisses Chris on the cheek. "I love you buddy and I will try to see or talk to you as much as I can."

"I love you too Daddy" he said.

"Be good and have fun" Jace whispered and ruffles his son's hair. Then he drops Chris' bags and walks away.

I look at the Lovett's and ask, "Can we visit Chris?"

"Sure! Just call this number first" Kassidy said and quickly writes it down on a piece of paper.

"Thank you so much" I said. Then I turn to Chris and kneel down. "Daddy and I will come to visit you as often as possible," I told him. "I love you sweetie." I kiss him on the cheek and give him a tight hug.

"I love you Momma." He gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye Chris." I stand up and push him gently towrad Kassidy. She takes his hand and smiles at me.

"We'll take good care of your little boy" she said quietly.

I nod and wave goodbye to Chris. Then I walk away and feel tears running down my face. I see Jace down the road next to a car. He hands something over to the driver and then walks away. I know that's Sarah and he just gave her the money.

I sigh and start walking home. Jace is walking on the other side of the road a little bit ahead of me. I watch him slowly stop and then drop to his knees.

I run across the street and drop down in front of him. "Baby. It's okay to be upset about this" I whispered.

He looks up and my heart breaks. There are tears on his cheeks and I've never seen him so upset.

I wrap my arms around him and he does the same. "I love you Jace" I whispered.

"I love you too" he said. He looks at me and gently kisses me. "I don't know what I'm going to do, Ever. I was so ready to be a dad" he whispered against my lips.

"You're still a dad. You will always be Chris' father" I whispered back.

He moves his lips to my forehead and whispers, "You will always be his mom because you will always be mine."

I gasp and snap my head up. "Jace" I gasped.

He smiles sweetly at me. "That's the truth babe."

I smile and kiss him quickly. "I'm so happy you want me to be yours forever" I said, smiling.

"Let's go home. It's late and we both need sleep" he said.

I nod and we both get up. We walk hand-in-hand back to the apartment building.

I'm sooo sorry for taking so long to update this story guys! My life has been a freaking rollercoaster lately! I hope you liked it! Please vote and comment! Thanks!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

PROJECT GIRL Princess Kee

Художественная проза

388K 8.9K 62
When sixteen year old Nana ends up on her own , having to fend for herself she figures out that life isnt as easy as she thought. She goes through so...
MINE JDEMAINE

Про вампиров

613 1 43
Things changed. It happened slow....Then, it suddenly picked up. It took on a life of it's own. SHIT! The weaker are on top. They seem to have...
Gentry's Chance Brooke_Dittmar

Любовные романы

7.8K 911 35
I'm excited for this one! As I'm watching her being laid to rest, it occurs to me that I know less about life than I do about death. She's gone, and...
The Story of Us 💚Liv💚

Короткий рассказ

1.5K 90 17
Everlyn thinks her life has ended before it can even begin. That is, until she meet him...