With You┃Dylan O'Brien ⓵

De PrincessNoamy

Anita Burns has just moved from rainy Washington to sunny California where everything is different. With grad... Mai multe

support my writing
Chapter One : Welcome to the Warmth
Chapter Two : Lockers Lunch & Learning
Chapter Three : For the First Time in Forever
Chapter Four : Getting Acquainted
Chapter Five : The Truth
Chapter Six : The Sun of the Beach
Chapter Seven : Day & Night
Chapter Eight : Finding the Right Words
Chapter Nine : Thanks to You
Chapter Ten : Go For It
Chapter Eleven : Remain Unspoken
Chapter Twelve : So Much About You
Chapter Thirteen : A Week to Remember
Chapter Fourteen : Nine, Ten, Eleven
Chapter Fifteen : Something to Smile About
Chapter Sixteen (Pt. 1) : How Unexpected
Chapter Sixteen (Pt. 2) : This is New
Chapter Seventeen : A Jealousy & A Conjecture
Chapter Eighteen : Lifeguards
Chapter Nineteen : Bad News Now Good News Later
Chapter Twenty : Fantasy
Chapter Twenty-One : Monica & Claus
Chapter Twenty-Two : W.T.A.F.
Chapter Twenty-Three : Happy(?) Holidays
Chapter Twenty-Four : Castles & Kisses
Chapter Twenty-Five : Perfect Two
Chapter Twenty-Six : Christmas Day
Chapter Twenty-Seven : Another Christmas
Chapter Twenty-Eight : Hearts & Numbers
Chapter Twenty-Nine : That's Not True
Chapter Thirty : New Horizons
Chapter Thirty-One : Keep Going
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE!
Chapter Thirty-Two : A Bad Start
Chapter Thirty-Three : Making the Most of the Worst
Chapter Thirty-Four : Blood Sweat and Tears
Chapter Thirty-Five : Trouble in Paradise
Chapter Thirty-Six : Never
Chapter Thirty-Seven : Don't Leave Me
Chapter Thirty-Eight : The Diagnosis
Epilogue
surprise!
A Preview of "Without You"

Chapter Thirty-Nine : Ever After

8.8K 165 620
De PrincessNoamy

Dylan's POV

The day is Monday; almost everyone's least favorite day of the week, and the third day of Anita's stay in the hospital. I wake up at half past six in the morning for school, heavily contemplating if I should actually go. After a minute, though, I realize it would be for the better. On top of that, Anita would probably lecture me if she found out that I skipped.

It's supposed to be starting to really warm up again, according to all the weather men and my weather app. I grab a jacket anyway, just in case. After a quick breakfast and very lonely and boring drive, I get to Chatsworth. Suddenly the thought of school is entirely less attractive.

It is now that I truly realize how much I have depended on my girlfriend to get through the school day.

Despite her lack of presence, I am trying to stay positive by reminding myself that at least I will have Naomi and Adrian to look forward to seeing. First and second period are the same as they always are, and out of habit I move to text Anita my own commentary about people in the classroom.

I get sad when I never receive a text back. Luckily enough, second period we are given a large packet of homework to begin working on, so I focus every ounce of my attention on it.

Third period English is probably the worst. When I take my seat, at first everything is pretty fine enough. But as the class drags on, the empty chair next to me becomes more and more noticeable and depressing.

Naomi and Michelle try to talk to me often, which I appreciate, and they even manage to make me laugh. Missus Hathaway offers her sincere condolences to me at the end of class, which I also appreciate, but at the same time it makes me a little sad again.

When lunch time comes around, Michelle and Adrian join me at our usual table but Naomi is apparently helping present the theme for the Spring dance coming up. At Chatsworth, they always reveal the dance themes during the two lunches (if not during an assembly), having little presentations for them.

I haven't watched one of these in forever, though, so this will be the first time since Freshman year. My two friends and I lean over the banister and watch over the loft to the lower part of the cafeteria where members of the ASB and some of the cheerleaders are standing together.

The ASB vice-president talks for a little bit with the secretary before other members put on a vaguely funny skit that people applaud for.

Finally, eight of the cheerleaders from Varsity, including Naomi, do a little dance cheer thing. I don't really know what to call it, but it's nice. At the end of their routine, they point to a rolled up banner where everyone looks as it is unrolled to reveal the theme:

STAR STUDDED TOLO

dress as your favorite celebrity couples

Saturday, March 26th @ 8pm

Oh, it's TOLO. I forgot about that. TOLO dances are when the girls ask the guys to the dance instead of traditionally, where it's the other way around, and then people start asking why they can't do that whenever they want.

I've never been asked to a TOLO dance before. And based on current circumstances, I doubt that will change any time soon...

Whatever, I never cared much for dances anyway.

Lunch is finally over, and I try to have high spirits as I walk into Chemistry. This class usually puts me in a good mood because I like it so much. And it does go well until during group or individual work time, when JJ approaches me.

"Hey," he says in a soft tone entirely unusual for him.

In response, I simply look up and give him a questioning look through my glasses.

"I heard about what happened with your girl Anita, and I wanted to say sorry, bro. That shit's no fun."

First of all, why is he acting so unlike himself? Secondly, how did hear about this?!

"Thanks... But how did you hear about what happened?", I ask.

"Well I ain't a snitch, but Michelle posted a few pics the other day from the hospital so I hit up her vagina-eating self and asked her what was up and she told me."

I groan, "Wow."

Thanks, Michelle. Who all has she told? And who has JJ told, now? It's not that I necessarily wanted to keep this a secret, but I'm sure Anita would not want everyone all up in her business. These are things that people usually like to keep private, and frankly this is starting to invade her privacy.

"Hey man, don't shoot the messenger," JJ says with a shake of his head.

"I'm not, just do me a favor and don't go spreading this around. I'm sure Anita wouldn't appreciate it."

"'Course not, Anita was the homie to be honest. I just got a question though..."

I give him a knowing look and a sigh, "No, JJ, I don't know anyone who is 'trynna chop'. You ask Anita and I like every week."

He retreats back to his seat with a humorous smile, "It doesn't hurt to ask, playa."

After school, I have soccer practice. Try-outs were last week, which Anita attended to show me her ever-present support, love, and motivation. She was beyond excited and proud when we found out I got co-captain, showering me with her amazing kisses and making me do a celebratory dance with her.

I've been on Varsity since Freshman year, and I loved Soccer here at Chatsworth. My teammates have always been the only people I've ever truly gotten along with before this year, yet even though we feel like the best of friends on the field, I'm always ignored by them everywhere else. I quickly got used to it.

Once I finish my snack, I head to the locker rooms where I change into my maroon- and white-colored uniform. What's more, a couple of my teammates offer their condolences and inform me that they have heard about Anita as well. I shake my head with a sigh before trying to forget about it and just get to practice.

Again, I use practice as a distraction from everything else in life. James Collins is on Varsity this year, finally, and I can honestly say that I am happy to see him. Even after he told us that he was no longer hanging around with the other guys who used to bother me all the time, I never truly trusted him.

That is, until he help beat the crap out of them when things finally reached the tip of the iceberg. Since that day, he and I have been good friends, though we don't talk all too often. Soccer ends three hours later at half past five, and at this point I am exhausted and starving while excited.

I quickly rinse off in the locker rooms and change before hopping in my car and getting some food. I drive leisurely towards the hospital while eating two large burritos and downing my big Gatorade, satisfying my stomach.

After parking and sleepily leaning against the wall in the elevator ride up, I flash my visitor's pass and walk down the hall to my Anita's room.

Scott came earlier this morning with Ophelia from eight until about noon, before he had meetings with important people to go to across the state. I told him earlier that I would be coming after practice, and of course we just ensured our communication pact.

I can't help but wonder if she'll be awake by now, having woken up between the time her father left and my arrival.

But I'd like to think the nurses or doctor would have contacted one of us, if that were the case.

When I enter the room, she is still laying as she has been, though she looks different. She is not nearly as cold as she was on the first day, and her skin appears to have got back some color, which gives me hope. Her nails have all been painted baby pink by the girls, and yesterday my mother gave her two Dutch braids which she still wears.

Pushing my glasses closer to my face, I approach her and give her lips a kiss, even though I know she won't be able to return it. I take a seat in what I've come to refer to as my chair, taking her hand in mine as I always do.

Automatically, I begin telling her about my day; what JJ said, how tired I am, the theme for TOLO, how practice was, the amazing burritos I had, and how much I miss her.

After a while, I let go of her hand to do some reading for History which doesn't take too long, since I'm a fast reader. I take hold of her hand once more as I lay with my head on her lap (which I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do, but ask me if I care) and stare at the television screen as I absentmindedly stroke her hand with my thumb.

An old romantic comedy from the sixties is playing, which makes me chuckle tiredly at some parts. Eventually I get so tired as I lay on her, watching the movie, and I unwillingly let sleep take me over.

~

I slowly wake up a while later, confused at the fact that I fell asleep in the first place, and entirely unsure of what time it is at this point.

The old rom-com is over, now replaced by a Judy Garland musical that Anita has sung songs from before. After properly replacing my glasses upon my face, I look at my arm that is stretched before me and check my watch.

The time is eight thirty-four in the evening. Damn.

I sit up groggily and close my eyes tightly, stretching far and wide which naturally makes a whale-sounding groan emit from me. At this, I hear a soft giggle. Incredibly alarmed and briefly confused, my eyes widen before I finally turn towards Anita, not allowing myself to believe what I just heard.

But there she is, staring at me with her brown eyes halfway open, her humorous little smile upon her beautiful face. She is awake. SHE'S AWAKE!

No matter how I try, I could never accurately describe to anyone the amount of happiness and relief and excitement I feel in this singular moment. Anita is awake. My baby is conscious and staring straight at me, with a smile on her face no less.

"Anita!", I practically scream, an enormous grin stretching my features. "You're awake!"

"Ssh," she shushes quietly. "I don't want them to know yet." Her hand then reaches out to me, and it seems almost too good to be true that it's actually moving on it's own, now.

I instantly take it up before kissing it, then kissing her cheek, then kissing her lips as many times as I can. She giggles again, then breathes my name, "Dylan."

God. There were times when I seriously thought I would never hear her angelic voice ever say my name again. And here it is. I cannot contain my happiness. I almost want to cry tears of joy.

"Sorry, I'm just really really really happy right now."

"It's fine," Anita assures me with a small smile, her hand faintly squeezing mine. Her voice is so quiet. "I'm just really kind of confused about what is going on. I feel pretty shitty right now."

"You're in the hospital," I explain.

"Oh, really? I hadn't figured that one out."

Ah, she still has her sarcastic edge.

I grin wider, "What's the last thing you remember?"

"Earlier today, after I got home, I found a note from my mom, an empty office, and I remember drinking a bunch of wine... So someone brought me to the hospital?"

"Yes, well my mother and I found you passed out at your house, and she told me to call 911 so we brought you here."

"Yeah...", she breathes, looking down.

"The thing is though, beautiful, that wasn't earlier today... That all happened three days ago. It's Monday night."

Her eyes open fully at this point, but I've noticed she hasn't moved any body part this entire time besides her arm and hand I've been holding, "Three days ago? I've been here for three days? Unconscious?"

"Yeah," I nod. "It's been really scary for me. For all of us, actually. Oh! Oh God, you're awake! I gotta tell your dad! And my mom! Naomi too! Adrian! Everybody!"

"Please keep your voice down, Pickle," she asks kindly. "My head is throbbing."

"Oh, I'm so dumb. We need the doctors and nurses now, you're supposed to press that button as soon as you wake up."

"I know, I just wanted some time with you alone before I notified them that I'm awake."

I smile, "I love you so much. And I'm so so so happy that you're awake."

Her small smile returns, "I love you, too. Thank you for saving me."

Kissing her once more, I urge her to press the button, "Time to let the real heroes come continue saving you."

A few seconds after Anita has pressed the button, two nurses come in quickly, both wearing broad smiles on their faces. One of them tells me I'll have to wait out in the waiting room until further notice, as they tend to my girlfriend. I wave goodbye to her, telling her I'll see her soon as I exit the room. I see Doctor Velez speed walking in my direction in the hallway.

He grins at me as he comes closer, "So she's awake!"

"Yes, she's awake," I grin. "Please take care of her."

"Of course, that's my job. I know it's late and visiting hours are practically over, but after we tend to Anita, we'll allow you and anyone else to come say goodnight to her before you leave."

I nod in understanding and appreciation before we part ways.

My next order of business is spreading the news. Of course, the first person I call is Scott, who answers on the third ring.

"Dylan, what's up? Everything okay?"

"I have some wonderful news... She's awake."

I'm about ninety-five percent sure I hear him crying tears of joy at this, and I give him a moment before telling him about how they're tending to her now, and what Velez said about us saying goodnight.

He says he is all the way in San Francisco and probably won't be able to make it tonight, but he says to Facetime him when I go back in to say goodnight to her.

I text my mom and Michelle afterward, because mom is working and I've never spoken on the phone with Michelle so it's, you know, just out of habit. Naomi screams through the phone when I give her the news, and I hear Adrian in the background making up a celebratory rap, both adding to my already incredibly large amount of happiness.

The two of them inform me that they are on their way to come say goodnight to her with me, since Scott won't be here. They arrive ten minutes before we are allowed in to see her again. When the three of us go in to see her, she is sitting slightly more upright than she had been before.

Her beautiful smile that I missed so much stretches her face widely when she sees us walk through the door.

"Hi," she says tiredly. "I'm so happy to see you all. They gave me drowsy meds, though."

Naomi rushes to her and hugs her tightly but gently so as not to mess anything up.

"You have no idea how happy I am that you're awake," she tells her best friend as she pulls away. "I almost lost my sanity having to hang out with and talk to just these two guys the last couple days."

Anita laughs quietly, "Well fear no more, I'm here."

Adrian hugs her as well before complimenting her braids. The three of us talk for just a couple minutes before Adrian and Naomi leave the room, hugging her again and saying goodnight. When it's just me and her, I tell her about how her dad had meetings to go to, but that he had come every day for several hours, before Facetiming him from my phone and handing it to her.

I exit the room to give them some privacy where they talk for a bit less than ten minutes. Through the window, Anita vaguely waves at me to come back in. When I take my phone back from her, I see that she had been crying while on the phone with him, but I don't bring any attention to it.

Slowly, I sit next to her again and hold her hand where she clings back tightly. There is a brief moment of silence during which I stare admiringly at her face, relishing in the happy feeling that comes over me when she blinks and moves. She's here.

"I didn't want to ask my dad, but... Has my mom come?"

I inhale sharply before answering her, trying to be careful with my words, "Your dad and I tried to get into contact with her, but--"

"Yeah, no, I didn't think so. It was stupid to ask."

"Anita, I'm sure she would if she knew, but we haven't gotten into contact with her."

"Yeah, maybe," she breathes, looking unconvinced as she stares out the window at the dark night. Her big brown eyes return to my gaze. "You know what's weird?"

"What, love?"

"While I was unconscious, I remember a dream I had but it was very short, or at least it seemed that way... It's just interesting how I can be out for three days and only have, or remember anyway, just one short dream."

"That is interesting. Especially because you remember, like, every detail of all the dreams you have. What was the dream about?"

"You know, it's kinda funny. I was at Santa Monica Pier, where you took me on our first real date? And I was walking all along the beach with Avery, the whole dream. We were just walking and talking."

My thumb strokes her hand, "What did you guys talk about?"

She shrugs her hospital gown-clad shoulders, "I can't remember." Then she looks at me and smiles lightly, "But I got to see him again."

~

The next day I go to school, but even more than yesterday, I really really don't want to. The fact that Anita is awake now makes me want to spend every possible moment with her, like I'm afraid that in an instant she could fall back into unconsciousness. Nevertheless, I end up going anyway.

It's the same old same old, but during English I get a text that makes my day.

From: Bonita Anita, 9:41am

My dad brought me my phone today(: please keep me company whenever u can xo

I happily spend most of my school day back-and-forth texting her, which serves to be a good thing for the both of us.

Anita tells me that she gets evaluated by a psychologist early in the morning, and afterwards the psychologist tells she and her father that she has or had been suffering from Depression, Anxiety, and of course, the Anorexia Nervosa which we all know is a psychological condition.

The psychologist's diagnosis kind of hits me like a ton of bricks, and I feel like a shitty boyfriend to have not been able to do something to help Anita. I know it's trickier and more complex than having someone there for you, but I can't help but feel somewhat guilty.

Of course and as per usual, I go straight to the hospital after school is out to go see my girl. Well, after a stop at Dick's where I get Anita's favorite strawberry milkshake to bring her. When I get to her room, her father greets me before excusing himself somewhere. I kiss her and hand her her milkshake which she takes with a smile, but I can instantly tell something is wrong.

"How was school today?", Anita asks before sipping on her shake.

"Imagine how school normally is, then make it ten times more boring and sad, and that's how it was."

"Why is that?"

"Because you weren't there, duh."

She smiles again, but it still is a sad one. I can't ignore it anymore.

"Anita," I say gently, stroking her hair which is now down around her shoulders. "What's wrong?"

"There's just... something I have to tell you, and it's not very... uplifting."

"Hey," I make a somewhat funny face in hopes of lifting her spirits. "I've already survived the unimaginable: three days without you. Whatever else there is, I can take it."

She reaches out for my hand, which I let her take, "Promise?"

"Promise."

In the back of my head I start to worry a little, however. What is it that she has to tell me?

"Well, like I told you earlier, the psychologist concluded what was wrong with me. And from there, she, doctor Velez, and my father came to a decision about what would be best for me."

She pauses, not looking at me.

"What did they say is best for you?", I ask, starting to worry even more.

"They recommended I go to a live-in treatment center, but of course, I had to accept the help... And please don't be mad, but I agreed. I go in two weeks. Obviously there's things wrong with me, and I need to work on getting better, and I think that this is the best way for me to do that."

Now Anita looks at me again with slight tears in her eyes and a frown on her face, "Please don't be mad."

My heart races and my positive mood wavers slightly. Where is this center? Across the country? In another country?

"Anita, I am not mad at you. How could I be? You're doing what's best for you. I'm glad we know what the problem is, and that you're so accepting of it and want to get help. All I am is proud of and happy for you. I love you."

She is crying now, and squeezes my hand tightly, "I love you too."

"Don't cry, there's no need to cry. Well, there actually might be."

"What?", she wipes her eyes hastily. "Why might there be?"

"Where is the center you're going to?"

My heart and mind relax at her smile in response to my question, then she says, "Twenty minute drive North from here."

"Oh, thank God," I breathe before hugging her closely to me. She giggles. "I was so worried it was like, across the country."

"No," Anita giggles. "Just the next town over."

"So you go in two weeks, huh?"

She nods, "Two weeks. I finally get to get out of this place tomorrow! So I'll have some time at home and everything before I go."

"What about school?"

"They have an online schooling program where I'll finish the year out. And apparently I'll have a tutor."

"Good, that's good!"

"There's more..."

I tilt my head at her, "What is it?"

"I'm going on a trip to Fiji for a week, to Denarau Island. Just as a little getaway before, you know, I go in. My dad can only stay for the first three days, but I was wondering if you'd like to come?"

I slowly let go of her hand and sit back in my chair with my eyebrows raised, "Well this is kind of coming from out of nowhere."

"Come on! You're being offered an all-expense-paid, three-day trip to the Denarau Island of Fiji with your girlfriend and her father! BUT WAIT, there's more! You get four bonus days with just your girlfriend! Now that's an offer you can't refuse!"

By this point, I'm laughing, "You're right, you're right. I was never going to decline anyway, how could I?"

"Damn right, how could you, you couldn't. We leave on Friday."

"You already bought the tickets?"

"My dad and I knew you'd say yes."

The next afternoon, when Anita finally gets to leave the hospital, is one of the best days of my life. Before we leave, she meets with her Nutritionist who goes over her diet and food schedule for the next two weeks before she's admitted into the center. She has to keep a food journal now, but to my delight and pride, my girlfriend seems excited to be taking these steps towards recovery.

We go to a nearby restaurant for lunch which Anita is very happy about ("I'm so tired of un-fresh, hospital food"). She gets an iced tea and a chicken Caesar salad, which she eats around seventy-five percent of, which I applaud. Her stomach still has to adjust as it shrunk considerably, but these are baby steps that will lead to a wonderful destination.

Anita almost cries in joy when we get to her home and little Ophelia comes running up to her, her tail wagging so hard her entire butt shakes like crazy. She is so happy to be home, we spend the whole rest of the day inside it watching movies, talking, singing/attempted rapping, and making a delicious dinner of pasta with winter squash and tomatoes.

After we've put away the dishes, we venture up to her bedroom where it smells good and is warm. We lay on her bed for a while just cuddling and talking about what we plan to do in Fiji, and what we plan to do with Adrian and Naomi the two days before we leave and the five days after we come back.

"Would you wanna go scuba diving?", Anita asks me as her small fingers trace various features on my face.

"Yeah, actually. I've always wanted to do that, but of course have never had the chance to."

"I went once in Hawaii when I was like ten. It was really cool until I got scared by some stingray."

"Aw," I laugh. "Must have been a pretty traumatizing moment."

"It was, it's not funny! We were warned specifically about those things. I could have died!"

"Well I'm glad you didn't, because otherwise I would never have gotten the chance to fall in love with you."

Oh, God, I did not mean to say that. Oh no oh no oh no. Great going, Dylan. Way to go! See, the truth is that I fell in love with Anita a while ago; it was the moment when she was finishing the song she was singing at her Grandmother's birthday party. I will never forget that moment. But ever since then, I've kept this information to myself. Until now...

Slightly cringing, I turn towards her for her reaction, and she's just staring at me intensely. Quickly, I decide to start apologizing.

"I'm sorry, it slipped out, I didn't wanna freak you--"

"You're in love with me?", she cuts across quietly, her intense gaze never faltering.

"I-- Uh, yeah," in my uncertainty of how she feels about this, I look everywhere in the room except her face.

"Dylan," Anita breathes, gently turning my face back towards her own. "I'm in love with you, too."

My eyes widen but my smile is even wider, "You are?"

She smiles then, too, and I see slight tears brimming her eyes, "I am."

Placing a hand on either side of her face, I bring her towards me to give her probably the happiest, most sincere, most loving and passionate kiss I've ever given in my life. When she kisses back, it's almost weird to say, but I can really feel the love. We pull away and smile before our lips reunite.

My girl keeps coming back for more and more kisses, and I'm more than happy to rain a blanket of kisses upon her. Then of course, the kisses grow elongated and more heated, and I pull her on top of me where soon after, she begins moving her kisses down my jawline to my neck.

I hold onto her hips as she slowly removes my button up and tosses it aside, continuing the kissing from my collarbone down to my stomach. The room suddenly grows ten times hotter and more humid. I pull her shirt over her head as well, and smile at her as she removes her bra, too.

Her nails rake along my sides as she kisses all along my stomach, taking the pleasure in ripping off the remaining clothes I have on. When her soft, moist lips come into contact with my hard erection, I throw my head back with my eyes closed and exhale in bliss.

She moves her mouth up and down hypnotically in the amazing way she's quite quickly learned to do so well. The amount of pleasure I feel only increases, and I'm starting to grow unable to control myself and hold myself back. I gather all of her long hair into my hand just as I feel myself reaching my high.

A chorus of low moans escape from me as I release myself inside of her mouth. I watch her swallow before sitting up while wiping her mouth with her forearm, then she smiles at me. Lazily, I return it before setting a strong grip on her hips.

I sit up so she is, once again, straddling my now bare lap and give her plenty more kisses that are long and sloppy. Anita's soft moans escape from her as I begin placing warm, open mouthed kisses upon her neck while my hands roam to her perky breasts.

With a quick and fluid motion, I flip our positions so she is now laying on her bed and I hover over her. I stealthily place myself between her legs where my now even harder member presses firmly against the warm lace of her panties. After kissing all over her neck and collarbone and breasts, I remove the lace barrier and toss it away.

I slowly allow one of my fingers to gently run along the length of her opening whereupon it instantly becomes covered in her juices. A low groan automatically escapes from me.

"Baby, you're so wet for me."

My Anita says nothing in return, simply breathing deeply in return with her lips parted as her big brown orbs stare at me, silently begging me to touch her. I gladly oblige in giving her exactly what she wants, gently sliding two of my fingers inside of her with ease.

For the next few minutes, I rub her and move in and out at an even pace while her loud moans fill my ears beautifully.

After a minute though, she breathes louder than usual, "Dylan..."

And I lift my gaze to meet hers where she lightly moans and says, "I want you inside of me. I'm ready. I want you."

I slowly sit up and remove my fingers from her. Giving her several passionate kisses on her lips, I readjust her position so she's laying with her head propped by a pillow and her legs open wide before me. Gymnast flexibility. Her eyes stare intensely at me while she runs her fingers through my hair. I wrap her legs around my torso and slowly get into position.

Now Anita's small hands grip my shoulders tightly as I lean in close to her. The browns of her eyes are overflowing with lust, though her eyebrows are creased in what I'm sure must be nervousness.

I lift a hand to caress her face, "Are you sure?"

She nods vigorously, "Yes, please. I'm just a little scared of the pain is all."

"Tell me if it gets too bad and we'll stop, okay? I don't wanna hurt you."

Her smile shows then, and she kisses me before instructing me to get to it already. Carefully, I line myself up with her entrance then hold her steady gaze as I slowly push inside. Her eyes squeeze shut and her eyebrows knit closer together which causes me to worry that I'm hurting her badly.

At the same time, however, I'm reeling in what is the greatest amount of pleasure I've ever felt before. The kind of pleasure I've only ever dreamt of before. It was definitely worth waiting for. Not that I necessarily waited on purpose. But more than anything, I'm glad my first time is with Anita Katherine Burns.

After I have very slowly gone in and out a couple of times, Anita gives me an indication that I can go faster. When I pick up the pace a little bit, I watch in awe and pure happiness as her beautiful face turns from discomfort to pure pleasure and bliss. I feel the same way.

My lips find hers and I kiss her again and again as I move even faster, causing her nails to dig into my back and shoulders. Her loud moans carry me to a magical island of ecstasy which I am quickly beginning to lose control of. As her back seems to instinctively arch, she moans that she's going to cum soon.

The moment she does, it gets tighter and her grip does too, all while she screams/moans my name loudly. The sound of my name and the way she moans it so loudly is what pushes me over the edge, and I finish too.

After a second of laying on top of her, both of us breathing heavily and incredibly hot, I pull out from her to lay beside her form on the bed. The two of us lay in silence, allowing our breathing to return to normal and to gather ourselves from the crazy amazing experience we just shared.

Then, on her own will and without warning, Anita rolls over and strokes my cheek while laying her head on my bare chest, "Dyl Pickle really knows how to use his pickle."

I laugh before pulling her closer into me and kissing the top of her head. We shower together while I request her to sing to me, but she repeatedly and randomly hugs me tightly. When I ask her why, she expresses that she's simply and incredibly elated about how we've just connected in a new, fantastic way.

I can't say I disagree.

~

Fiji is a wonderful experience. What I love most are the beautiful beaches and the glorious food. Well, and the fact that once Anita and I are alone, we have sex on every single one of the four days. One of the times is on the beach. On a blanket. At night. Nobody is around. Memories.

What possibly makes me happiest of all, though, is that Anita eats almost every meal while we are on our trip. Sometimes she doesn't eat breakfast, but that's okay. The fact that she is eating at all makes me beyond happy, and I love her even more for trying her best, and it shows.

My girlfriend and I spend her last four days before she has to go into the center doing a lot of our favorite things, and spend a large amount of time together. Three of those days are spent with Naomi and Adrian as well, one of which also with Michelle and Nola. The days are very bittersweet, but I try my best to only look at them in a positive light.

When Anita's mother finally finds everything out (which is the day after we get back from Fiji), her first reaction is to yell at Scott and talk about how she was right, and that he should've listened to her. In a way, she kind of has a point, but I mean all the yelling and hostility isn't gonna help anything.

She calls Anita later that day and Anita, in her newly found state of mind of healing and positive thinking, talks with her for a great deal of time. But later she informs me that she declined her mother's request that she and I come visit her with Hank and "their daughter" Molly, who is seven.

Her last day at Chatsworth is spent with lovely goodbyes from all of her teachers, especially our English teacher, Missus Hathaway, who gives her a big hug. Vanessa and Naomi gather up the cheer squad to do a farewell cheer at the end of the day, where they gift her a giant good luck poster and a large stuffed cheetah to always remember Chatsworth.

On my girl's last night before she goes in, Naomi, Adrian, Scott, and I team up to put together for her a special gathering. In the Burns home, the dining room is set up with a place for everyone. Naomi made Anita's favorite sushi rolls, her dad made her favorite spaghetti and meatballs, my mother made her favorite salad, and I made strawberry lemonade and strawberry Nutella crepes for dessert.

Our playlist, Anita's and Dylan's Peanut Butters, plays softly in the background. Ophelia is running in circles, hoping someone will drop a meatball. Our guest list consists of Scott, Anita's grandmother, my mother, my little brother, me, Naomi, Adrian, Michelle, and Nola. James Collins comes for dessert, and karaoke and charades afterward.

It's a wonderful night.

Finally, the day comes for Anita to move into her live-in treatment center called Lion's Gate Recovery Center. It's very nice and fancy; it looks expensive, which it probably is. Her father and I are the ones to bring her in, carrying a few suitcases and boxes for her.

She has her own room as opposed to being given a roommate, which she is very glad to hear. Her room is on the second floor, and is quite spacious with a large window. The two of us stay with her during her orientation and building tour, which only serves to impress the three of us further.

The things that Anita is happiest about are the spa, the music room/studio, and the fact that we are informed that small to medium sized pets (cats, dogs, and rodents) are allowed! Something to do with pet therapy. That means I shall be delivering an Ophelia tomorrow. My girlfriend practically cries with joy.

When it comes time for us to leave her, I start taking deep breaths. I give Anita and Scott some time alone before I get to go to her. As I approach her in her room, it becomes obvious that she had been crying.

"Hey," I say as I go to her. "Remember, we said no crying."

"I know," she says with a small smile. "I didn't mean to. It's my dad's fault."

"Well, there's no crying here," I take her into my arms and hug her tightly. "You have visiting days every Wednesday."

"And the last weekend of every month, I get to go home."

"Exactly. And tomorrow, I'm bringing you Ophelia."

"Yeah... I'm just gonna miss seeing you so often."

"Phones will be our lifeline. But just like we said, this is what's for the best, and you need to focus all on Anita. I want you to be healthy and happy."

"I know," she smiles, resting her head upon me. "I want to, too. And I appreciate all you have done for me, and all your support."

"That's what I'm here for."

Anita sighs briefly, "I love you."

"I love you too," I tell her honestly before kissing her forehead. "Life is going to be wonderful."

"Of course it is. No matter where it takes us. We could go ANYWHERE! I will get better and we will be in love and we will just have a happy life."

I hug her impossibly closer to me, "Would you really be happy anywhere?"

"I am happy anywhere, as long as I am with you."

~

A/N:

.....

THERE WE HAVE IT.

THE END.

OMG, I NEVER THOUGHT THIS DAY WOULD COME

I just want to thank every single person who has taken the time to read this, message me, comment, vote, and show me love. I love you guys so so so much, and I am so glad to have had you guys join me on this crazy journey through Dylan and Anita's life.

Please answer these questions!

How are you guys feeling right now?

What was your favorite part of this chapter?

What were your favorite parts of this whole book?

ALSO, IMPORTANT: there will be an epilogue up very shortly, along with it a very lovely announcement (: Keep your eyes open for it! Much love, you guys xoxo I'm seriously gonna like go cry rn

AHAHAHAHAH I FINALLY GET TO PUT THAT LITTLE COMPLETED CHECK MARK NOW

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

417K 8.8K 59
EVERYTIME. ❝ why oh why does god keep bringing me back to you? ❞ in which noah can't keep it in his...
1.2K 150 5
Start date _ 20.1.2023 End date _ Harry Potter ဝတ္ထုထဲသို့ ကမ္ဘာခရီးကူးပြောင်းသွားတဲ့ ( လမင်းဧကရီ ခေါ် Alina ) လေးတစ်ယောက်ရဲ့အကြောင်းကို စာဖတ်သူလေးတ...
2.1M 110K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
25.9K 867 16
It's no secret that it's not easy getting noticed on Wattpad. Whether you're a new writer, just posted a new story, or looking for some extra promo...