Something Has To Give

Door jacksgibbs_cas

Connie finally has it all; a daughter to go home to at night, someone to protect and love her, and a job whic... Meer

"Boyfriend"
Break Up With Jacob Or I Leave
It Was Never Going To Work
Burried Alive
Struggling On
Pretending To Be Strong
As Time Passes
Meeting Elle
All It Takes Is A Second
Mistakes Are Meant To Happen
Unspoken Confessions
Finding Out
We Can Do This
Wicked Games
Addicted
Never An Easy Life
Never An Easy Life cont.
You Can't Have Both
Stepping Down
Early Days
Settling Down
The Right Sacrifice
Dreamt Of A Happy Ending

Decisions

620 14 1
Door jacksgibbs_cas

Almost two weeks had passed since Connie's ordeal. Two weeks she had spent thinking over and over about what she could do but nothing seemed to answer her problem.

Connie's thoughts were interrupted by someone coming into her office. "Hey, I thought you'd been rather quiet this morning. Just wanted to check you were okay." A warm smile came to her lips as she rounded her desk.

Jacob placed the two coffee cups on her desk before letting his arms fall around her waist. They'd continued to see each other privately but didn't hesitate in showing a little more care to each other within the department.

"I'm alright, just trying to work something out." "Anything I can help with?" He smirked before kissing her gently. "Mmm as much as I wish your kind of solution would help, it's not quite what I had in mind."

Jacob chuckled picking up one of the cups and walked to the sofa. "Please, it's always on your mind. Don't deny it." Connie rolled her eyes leaning against her desk with the other coffee. "I think you've got us confused Staff Nurse Masters." "Hey I've got no shame in admitting that I've always got you and sex on my mind."

Connie threw a screwed up piece of paper from her desk at him as someone else entered the office. "Dr Gardner what can I do for you?" Connie's tone became bitter towards the other woman as she waited for a response. "I can see you're very busy, but we need someone in resus. There's a major RTC coming in."

Elle smiled towards Jacob before glancing to Connie once more and leaving the office. "Well, I'm glad you're not jealous." Connie scoffed at Jacob putting her coffee cup down and grabbing her stethoscope. "I am not jealous. What is there to be envious of?"

Jacob shrugged walking along beside her. "I don't know... Happy family life, a partner, not having to worry about being caught." Connie sighed stopping to look at Jacob. "You tell me sweet cheeks. Is there anything to be jealous of?"

He walked away leaving her to stand there biting her lip. She knew he was right, she had every reason to be jealous but there wasn't much she could do about it. It wasn't like she could just give up everything she did now to be happy.

Connie walked into resus pushing all personal problems aside and began treating her patient. Jacob entered resus alongside Elle moments later catching her attention. "Staff Nurse Masters, can I have you over here please."

He nodded separating from Elle and did whatever Connie asked him to do. She moved around the bed standing beside Jacob. "Sure, you're not jealous sweet cheeks." She let her eyes glance up at him, a small smirk showing on her face.

"Nothing wrong with wanting to work with a competent member of staff is there?" Jacob shrugged with a smile as Connie placed the file back on the edge of the bed turning her back. "Besides I wanted to tell you to meet me in my office when you're done here." Connie looked up at him once as he smiled before she strolled out of the room.

Connie walked out of resus only to be greeted by Charlie giving her a questioning look. "So come on, what's going on with you two?" She shook her head. "Don't know what you mean..."

Charlie laughed walking with her until she stopped at the nurses' station. "Well, whatever it is. Make it work this time, because you're both different together. And yes a good different, which everyone here has noticed."

Without answering Connie dropped her head and walked away towards her office. She stopped in the doorway looking back to him smiling when she noticed he was still watching her. At the same time Jacob strolled out of resus coming towards Connie.

Charlie had noticed and pulled a face causing Connie to roll her eyes. "You asked me to come here-" "It's not you, shut up and get inside." Connie hit his arm lightly before letting her hand linger on his back walking in behind him.

"So... What was so important you had to steal me away in resus?" Connie closed the office door and locked it before wandering over to a knowing Jacob. "What you said earlier-" "Jealous Beauchamp? Because I could totally work with that."

She shook her head sighing as she continued nearing him. "No, the other part..." "About you and sex?" He raised an eyebrow at her before closing the space between them and lifting her up. His arms wrapped around her as his lips pressed onto hers.

Connie let her arms fall around his shoulders as she kissed him back. He stumbled towards her sofa tripping slightly but landing on the chair. Connie laughed as she let her head fall back while Jacob looked at her.

"I could be seriously hurt right now you know. I could have broken something-" "Aww, shall I get you a doctor?" Connie continued to laugh as Jacob grabbed her waist beginning to tickle her. She moved suddenly causing them both to tumble to the floor, Connie landing on top of Jacob.

He looked up at her as she slowly stopped laughing. "You're really out to hurt me today aren't you?" "I love you if that helps." Jacob smiled as he wrapped his arms around her properly as her lips caressed his.

"You really meant that when you said it before?" Connie rested her arms against his chest letting her head balance on them while she nodded. "I thought it was a spur of the moment thing." He ran a finger lightly across her cheek before brushing her hair back behind her ear.

She caught his hand before lacing her fingers through his. "Jacob I promised myself I would never fall in love with anyone again, especially someone I had to work with. Yet here I am telling everyone I haven't fallen for you, but not even I believe that anymore."

He didn't break the gaze he had with her as she continued speaking. "I love you, so much more than I ever wanted to Jacob." Someone knocking at the door caused Connie to sit up until Jacob caught her hand.

She looked back to him as he sat opposite before his lips collided with hers. His hand became tangled in her hair as someone knocked at the door once again. "Mrs Beauchamp?" Connie groaned quietly at hearing Elle's voice.

She was the last person Connie wanted to see right now. Connie glanced sideways noticing that they would be out of view down here from the window. Turning back to Jacob she pushed down on his shoulders as her lips resumed their place on his.

Elle gave up knocking on her office door and headed back to the nurses' station. "Mrs Beauchamp is otherwise engaged so seeing as Dr Keogh is with a patient I'll lead this one." After briefing everyone she took charge within resus with the incoming patients.

In her office Jacob's uniform had been messily thrown onto the sofa while she straddled his waist. His hands slipped inside the blouse which was now hanging open and ran across her stomach. Connie's hands were pressed to his bare chest as she moaned against his lips.

"I never replied to you-" "What?" Connie looked down at him as he sat up. "I love you too." A smile graced her features as he placed a hand in her hair and kissed her. It wasn't desperate as it had been before but gentle. It was different to anything they'd ever shared before, it took her back to the first time she'd kissed him in her office.

Connie let her hands rise to his cheeks as she deepened it slowly. It was as though her admittance of how she felt had opened her up to something completely different with Jacob. He knelt up before carefully laying Connie down to the floor and leaning above her.

The couple were interrupted 45 minutes later by a phone call. Connie finished buttoning her blouse as Jacob snaked his arms around her waist. She reached for her phone on the desk answering it. "Mrs B-" "Beauchamp where have you been? Your department has been overrun with casualties and Dr Gardner has been leading making all the decisions."

"Excuse me?" Jacob loosened his hold on Connie knowing that whatever she'd been told had affected her. Slamming the phone down she picked up her mobile before walking to the door. Jacob followed her out across the department.

He kept pace with Connie confused as to what had happened. "Sweet cheeks, should I be worried?" Connie ignored him and charged into resus. "Dr Gardner, a word outside?" She left again as quickly as she'd come causing Jacob to catch her before she moved again.

Elle emerged from resus standing by the nurses' station where a few others had gathered not wanting to miss out on what they were expecting to be explosive between the pair. "Tell me what's happened-" "Nothing. Just trust me Jacob." He looked at her surprised when she stepped closer and kissed him.

Jacob watched in confusion as she walked towards everyone else. "Well that answers one of my questions." Cal muttered to Rita but it didn't go unnoticed. "Something to say Dr Knight?" He shrugged looking towards her. "Was just thinking it was about time."

Connie looked at him. "For a change I agree with what comes out of your mouth." She turned her attention to Elle leaving more than one person shocked with her behaviour. "Dr Gardner-" "Look you were otherwise occupied and we needed to treat the patients that were coming in. We couldn't just leave them." Something finally clicked for Connie as she stood opposite the other consultant.

"Have you finished?" Elle looked to Connie in shock ready to respond before Connie spoke again. "I was going to say you did well today. You did what you thought needed to be done and saved a patient's life in the process. Well done." Connie wandered away before anybody could say a word.

Elle watched on in shock before Cal spoke the words everyone was thinking. "What. Just. Happened?" "Your guess is as good as mine." Elle looked to Cal before they all carried on with what they'd been doing before. None of them realising that Connie's life had been made an awful lot easier thanks to Elle's actions.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

38.4K 1.1K 51
Connie is happy with the life she has finally got with Jacob, Grace and their baby on the way. Things couldn't be better for them but with Sam hangin...
21.8K 867 58
Connie left for America with her daughter and Sam, they'd spent four years in America before they moved back to Holby. She had a family with them an...
21.1K 842 46
A FOLLOW ON FROM HIDDEN TRUTH ~ There was a past that nobody knew much about and it was all about to catch up with them.
14.1K 550 30
Connie and Jacob... For no other reason than I love the two of them :)