SHIFT [H.S.]

By cxstles

The world is ruled by Shifters, those who are able to transform themselves into different creatures. To be a... More

SHIFT [H.S.]
ONE || CLAN
TWO || ROGUE
THREE || HUNT
FOUR || ENCOUNTER
FIVE || HEARTLESS
SIX || ESCAPE
SEVEN || TRUST
EIGHT || FORGET
NINE || NEED
TEN || TALKS
ELEVEN || MOONLIGHT
TWELVE || TREASON
THIRTEEN || COMPANY
FOURTEEN || NEWS
FIFTEEN || KNOCK
SEVENTEEN || DISTRACTED
EIGHTEEN || RESCUE
NINETEEN || IGNITE
TWENTY || TRUTH
TWENTY-ONE || FOCUS
TWENTY-TWO || WILL
TWENTY-THREE || HONESTY
TWENTY-FOUR || CLOSE
TWENTY-FIVE || FAMILY
TWENTY-SIX || CARE
TWENTY-SEVEN || BARGAIN
TWENTY-EIGHT || MAJID
TWENTY-NINE || CHEERS
THIRTY || CONFERENCE
THIRTY-ONE || HUMAN
THIRTY-TWO || CRACKS
THIRTY-THREE || BLAME
THIRTY-FOUR || TRANSCENDENT
THIRTY-FIVE || FAULT
THIRTY-SIX || SCHEME
THIRTY-SEVEN || LAVENDER
THIRTY-EIGHT || INHIBITION
THIRTY-NINE || VICTOR
FORTY || AMBUSH
FORTY-ONE || IMPRISONED
FORTY-TWO || ANOMALY
FORTY-THREE || INSTINCT
FORTY-FOUR || HOLIDAY
FORTY-FIVE || HAVEN
FORTY-SIX || PAYNE
FORTY-SEVEN || HORIZON
FORTY-EIGHT || ANARCHY
FORTY-NINE || FINALE
FIFTY || BALANCE
FIFTY-ONE || THRONE
EPILOGUE || TO TREASON
Author's Note
SHIFT: The Soundtrack
Works by cxstles
THE SEQUEL: SHIFT II

SIXTEEN || VULNERABLE

6.2K 273 54
By cxstles

Amethyst

"We should really get to the party," I warn Harry, letting out a loud moan.

Pleasure rips at my core and he looks up at me from between my legs, a big smirk on his lips.

"We're busy."

He licks his lips and dives back in, making me fist the sheets of the bed. Five minutes ago I was on the verge of tears and now I'm on the verge of an orgasm. All thanks to Harry.

"God.." I trail off as my head hits the mattress.

"Come for me, baby," He says lowly, the words rolling off his tongue effortlessly. He swipes his tongue one last time over my most sensitive spot and I finally give in, legs shaking and eyes fluttering shut.

"I'm still angry at you," I huff.

Harry laughs. "I know."

I sit up with my dress bunched around my hips and fix my hair, hoping my curls stay in tact. "We have to talk about everything."

Harry is standing in front of me, holding out his hands for me to take. I do and I'm up on my feet, peering up into his mesmerizing eyes as my dress pools back down to my feet.

He looks at me solemnly. "I know. After the party, meet me in here. We can talk then."

I nod, his touch and voice so foreign yet so familiar after all this time. I missed him. Not only the sex, but him too.

Harry pulls me in for a hug, my body pressed against his chest. I let my hands roam down his stomach to his belt buckle greedily, and he looks back at me with a raised brow.

"What are you doing?" He questions darkly as I go down on my knees.

"We can spare another five minutes," I smirk at him.

///

"Harry! You showed up!" Grayson exclaims as we walk back to the table, Harry taking a seat next to me.

"Of course.. wouldn't miss it," He winks at him, shining a bright smile.

"So, are you two on speaking terms again?" Derek asks, taking a swig of his champagne while eyeing both Harry and I rather suspiciously.

Harry and I look at each other for a moment, taken aback by Derek's sudden question. Harry's gaze is much softer and intense on me than it has been for a long time. It's soothing, refreshing even, to see him willingly in my presence. We have a lot to talk about, but it doesn't mean we're not okay.

Looking back at Derek, I smile. "Yeah, we're good."

Harry's hand secretly places itself on my thigh, concealed from anyone's view. His touch is warm and radiating, sending shivers and tingles across my skin. When he softly squeezes, I nearly let out a breath of pleasure.

My eyes shoot up and dart around the area, making sure no one is sneaking a glance this way. Everyone, including Derek and Grayson, are engaged in conversation. The table is loud with voices and the clinking of silverware against plates. Thank god.

Harry's hand squeezes again, knocking me back into wandering thoughts.

"What are you doing?" I ask with a hushed voice.

His lips curl up into a greedy smirk, as if he knows my next move. "Nothing."

"Doesn't feel like nothing..." I mumble, reaching for my glass of wine and sipping more than usual, trying to act casual. A good buzz is already starting to form in my system and I know my calm demeanor will diminish if Harry continues.

He smiles a crooked smile and it's enough to make me go crazy. "You're a very observant woman."

His fingers lightly drag up my leg over the material of my dress, making me melt with anticipation. I'm aching for more of his touch. We've been so distant for days and now I just want to relish and reside in his embrace. I want to leave this party behind and let him take care of me for the night.

"You should stop before I drag you back upstairs," I warn, a small hint of a smirk on my lips. His hand stops dangerously close to my center, my skin growing degrees in temperature as a result.

"Maybe that's the plan," He says, his voice low and laden with lust.

"Let's just enjoy the party, okay?" I suggest, knowing my offer isn't going to earn any traction from Harry.

I also don't want anyone to see what we're doing.

A light chuckle leaves his mouth as he reaches for the wine bottle on the table with his free hand, easily pouring himself a glass and taking a long drink without wavering from my stare.

He sets his glass down and his fingers trail on the inside of my thigh, hovering over my center.

"I am enjoying the party."

I roll my eyes and place my hand over his, keeping it still on my thigh. I like this playful Harry, but not now. Not when everyone is here with open mouths and listening ears.

"Harry..." I quietly groan, moving his hand off of my body.

"Amethyst..." He mirrors as he places his hand right back where it was.

"We're surrounded by people. Stop. Please," I command.

Harry's eyes are locked on my own, searching for a way out. But he fails, closing his eyes and dropping his hand from my leg in defeat. I let out a sigh of relief, drinking my wine and on the verge of finishing the glass as Harry leans in towards my ear.

"I want to rip you and that dress to shreds."

I almost spit out wine across the table, my eyes wide in surprise and shock.

He continues taunting me with words, every whispered syllable tantalizing in its own right. My heartbeat quickens, and only the wine can attempt to slow it down.

I want Harry so damn badly even though I refuse to admit it out loud.

He knows what he's doing; if he can't make me feel good with his hands, he'll do it with his voice.

This is going to be a long night.

///

After dinner, everyone disperses and heads to their rooms, drunk and laughing. Harry already went upstairs and Derek and I carry a passed-out Grayson, his arms heavy on our shoulders.

"There's no fucking way we're taking him upstairs," Derek huffs as we cross the threshold of the house, looking up at the staircase.

"Let's leave him in the living room, yeah?" I suggest. Derek nods and we heave Grayson onto a couch in the living area, walking out of the room and stretching our arms with light laughter.

"This was fun," I comment as we step into the dimly-lit foyer.

Derek nods. "As it was."

"I'm going to head up," I start. "Goodnight."

He smiles softly, watching me as I back away. "Goodnight, Amethyst."

I do my best not to run up the stairs in anticipation to see Harry, eager to talk to him after all this time. I wonder how the rest of the night will go. Once I'm at the familiar double doors I quietly knock twice.

"Come in."

At the sound of Harry's voice I push the doors open, my eyes searching every inch of space I come across. I see him standing across the room near his balcony, his body casually leaning against the wall as he tugs his bottom lip with his fingers. His dress shirt is unbuttoned halfway down his chest, exposing an area of tattooed skin.

He looks so hot.

He doesn't hide his greedy eyes either as they rake my body up and down, making me feel dangerously vulnerable.

The sexual tension in here is hot, heavy, and impossible to ignore.

I feel the burn of his stare on my figure as I saunter to the edge of his large bed, pulling off my heels and throwing them to the side. A groan of relief leaves me and I fall back onto the bed, closing my eyes.

Moments pass and the bed dips as Harry joins me unexpectedly, his head next to mine but his body facing the opposite way. We're silent as we stare up at the ceiling, waiting for one to spark the conversation, to ask the first question.

Then I break the silence, my patience growing thin.

"Ever since that night, you have been treating me like a stranger. Now, it's as if all these days were nonexistent and we're back where we left off. Why?"

I listen to Harry's breaths; they're long and drawn out, like the kind you would take while smoking a cigarette. They're also calming, staying at a constant rhythm. In a weird way, they're sobering me up.

"I thought ignoring you would be the easiest way to cope with everything. If I didn't see you or talk to you, I wouldn't be tempted to break any rules again," He replies, his voice quiet. "But I was wrong."

I don't hold back my comment. "Yes, you were."

"Seeing you on the verge of leaving after what you said earlier through my door woke me up," He continues. "I couldn't let you go. Not this time."

His confession causes a fluttering in my stomach, my mind replaying the unexpected kiss he gave me in the middle of my anger. It was an amazing feeling, one I can't see myself deprived of anytime soon.

"Will you forgive me?" He asks, a hopeful twinge at the end of the question.

I turn my head to look at him and he is already looking at me. Our noses touch slightly and the contact sends goosebumps down my arms.

"Yes," I answer. Saying no isn't even an option after tonight.

Harry smiles and he leans forward, connecting our lips. We both move to sit up against the headboard, my legs straddling his waist as we kiss slowly, savoring every second we have together.

"What is this?" I ask breathlessly when we pull away.

"What?" He questions, tilting his head to the side.

"I mean, what are we?" I clear up, gesturing between him and I.

Harry looks at me in confusion but then his brows smooth out and a peaceful expression rests on his face, his green eyes sparkling and bright in this dim room.

"We're two people who find pleasure with one another."

"But the rules," I whine, running my fingers over his dress shirt.

"Fuck the rules."

"Harry, you can't abandon your priorities. You're an alpha," I tell him in all seriousness.

He frowns at me, his jaw tensing up. "Can we just leave the fact I'm an alpha out of all of this? I want you. I want this. No one has to know."

"Harry, you can't do that."

He buries his fingers in my hair, holding my head softly. "Amethyst, I have spent the past days thinking of nothing but you and the night we shared. And I can't stop myself from wanting more nights."

His words leave me speechless, as if he stole the thoughts running through my mind. Should I encourage him? Should we continue? Harry is putting everything at risk; if someone finds out about us, if we're not careful, his whole clan is in danger.

I lean my forehead against his, closing my eyes and taking in the musky scent of his cologne on his skin.

"If you don't want to, I'll understand," He whispers. "We can continue as friends, as if nothing ever happened."

I shake my head impulsively, allowing my selfishness and all the days I've spent thinking of him to consume me.

"I want you, too."

With those words Harry leans in, kissing me softly. Our lips are feathers on one another's, delicate and slow. I allow my mouth to drag against his skin down to his neck, pressing light pecks on the sensitive flesh. He moans out loud, lost in euphoria, and I get ten times more excited as I continue my assault.

Suddenly his hands fall from my hair to my waist and he lifts me like nothing, laying me down on the bed.

He hovers over me, his eyes wandering and lost in my own. "Amethyst, I don't want to do anything that will- "

"Harry, please," I interrupt him. "I want this."

I lean on my elbows so I'm closer to his face and give him a slow kiss on the lips, hoping it will seal my assurance.

"You need this, Harry. You need me," I say when I pull away, meaning every word and hoping he believes them.

Harry silences me with a kiss, pulling away slightly and looking at me as if he has just found paradise.

"I do need you."

And then we lose ourselves in each other for the rest of the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 4.1K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
58K 563 16
here's another RWBY kaiju crossover and this time is the king of terror, King Ghidorah Note: i do not own Godzilla and RWBY they belong to their resp...
1.4M 27.7K 57
Valentina, daughter of an Italian mafia leader sent out to be protected by Styles, a tenacious and irritable twenty-six year old, riddled with past d...
1.3M 31.8K 31
"But Bailey you need to promise me." I pulled my head back and looked at her. "Promise what?" "That you'll never let someone's death take over your...