Me and My Boys

Από Jessvk

If you like non-cliche stories, keep on reading darling. Oh? Girl has six hot bodyguards? But I've heard that... Περισσότερα

Me and my boys!!!!
Me and my boys... Chapter Two
Me and my boys... Chapter Three
Me and my boys... Chapter Four... (part A & part B)
Me and my boys... Chapter Five
Me and my boys... Chapter six
Me and my boys... Chapter Seven(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Seven(part B)
Me and my boys... Chapter Eight
Me and my boys...Chapter Nine
Me and my boys...Chapter Ten
Me and my boys...Chapter Eleven
Me and my boys...Chapter Twelve
Me and my boys...Chapter Thirteen
Me and my boys...Chapter Fourteen (part A)
Me and my boys... Chapter Fourteen(part B)
Me and my boys...sneek peek!
Me and my boys...Chapter Fifthteen (part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Fifthteen(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Sixteen(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Sixteen (part B)
Me and my boys... Chapter Seventeen(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Seventeen(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Eighteen(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Eighteen(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Nineteen(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Nineteen(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty-one(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty one(part B)
Me and my boys.... Chapter Twenty Two(part A)
Me and my boys... Chapter Twenty Two(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty Three(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty Three(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty Four(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty Four(part B)
Me and my boys...chapter Twenty five(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty Five ( part B)
Me and My Boys Chapter Twenty Six (part A)
Me and My Boys Chapter Twenty Six ( part B)
Me and My Boys Chapter Twenty Seven(Part A)
Me and My Boys Chapter Twenty Seven(part B)
Me and My Boys ...Chapter Twenty Eight(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty Eight(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Twenty Nine(part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty(part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty One (part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty One(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Two(part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Two(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Three(part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Three(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Four(part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Four(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Five(part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Five (part B)
?
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Six (part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Six (Part B)

Me and My Boys...Chapter Twenty Nine(part B)

1.5K 41 17
Από Jessvk

Hallo!
I guess I'll be finishing this up sooner than I thought. These two have been lovely-Dovey since they got married, no??^^
*************
I wasn't sure of what to do, I wasn't sure how to act now after seeing Susan.

"Is the food to your like?" Mrs.Tellie asked as she bowed her head.

"Yes, thank you," Violet Eyes answered as if nothing was going on.

I just played with my food, avoiding looking at Susan but it felt that no matter where I looked, she was always there. I wanted to ask him what was happening, I wanted to ask what I should do. Had he known that about Susan?! For how long?!

He got up from his chair and walked over to me, grabbing my hand from the table.

He leaned over to whisper to the maids which caused them to giggle and turn different ways in embarrassment. What did he just tell them!? Susan laughed as well, the expression on her face totally different than the one she had before.

We hurried out of the room and headed to the empty hallway, and hid in a corner where we wouldn't be easily seen.

I pushed him into the wall, even if it left me breathless, and glared up at him.

"What's going on?!" I whispered just in case someone was passing by.

He pushed me to a side, changing positions with me. He looked around, checking if there was someone spying from somewhere.

"Graven has been working with King Dominique for a bit now, and I sent the boys over to get as much evidence as possible against him so it is critical, for their safety to keep this in secret, understood?"

I nodded, finding it somewhat reassuring to hear that the boys were alright.

"But, what about Susan?" I asked as I remembered the way she stared at Violet Eyes.

He nodded, grabbing my shoulders as he spoke.

"That's why I need you there. You're the only one who can find any information about her. "

I nodded, finally understanding why he had suddenly made me into a maid.

"You could've just asked, you know!?" I said as I slightly punched him in the gut.

"You would've made it obvious," he answered as he took my hand.

"What makes you think Graven's been working with King Dominique?"

"Derek. We were able to pin-point his father's weaknesses and strengths and one thing we noticed was his continuos travels between my country and King's Dominique's. It is also unusual, no matter that person's noble heritage, for him to have a large number of supporters in a different country. Not just the supporters, but the number of weapons. There would be no possible way Graven could have al day here in my country," Violet Eyes responded as he moved a hair away from my face.

"What will happen then?" I asked as the thought of going into war crossed my mind.

"I'll avoid any possible confrontations, even if I have to risk it all. So that's why, Natalie, I'm asking you to put your part," he said as he glanced behind him.

"What do you want me to do?"

"First, I need you to keep your eyes on Susan. Secondly, I need you to build a friendship with Queen Lauren. Invite her to parties, invite her for dinner. I have a strong sensation that she's easy to divulge information from."

"Right. Then, what will happen?"

We turned at the sounds of footsteps close to us, freaking out as soon as we saw it was Susan along with some of the other maids.

We had no where to run to, we had no excuse to give.

I saw the look in his face so...I thought of something.

I reached up and grabbed his neck, bringing it down towards me, my whole face feeling hot from the sensation of our lips pressed against each other.

I closed my eyes to prevent seeing the glare I knew he was giving me, but at least this would help as an excuse. Hearing them closer, I wrapped both arms around his neck, shattering any shame I had left. His hands traveled to the arch of my back, pushing me closer to him with his fingers.

The maids' voices turned into gasps and whispers as they got to us, and that's when he broke the kiss and he turned to them without letting me go. They quickly bowed and apologized, running away to hide their shocked faces.

We watched them as they left, but I quickly his my face in his chest as soon as he looked back down. Yeah, he was mad.

"What got to you?"He asked as he grabbed my cheeks.

"I'm sorry! That's the only thing I could think of!"

He continued playing with my cheeks, his laughter increasing the more I cried out.

"You old hag," I said as I pushed his hands away and began to rub my cheeks. If he wasn't extremely embarrassed, well I was! He just stood there with a smirk on his face, his eyes laughing along with his punishment.

"Hmp, I guess my wife isn't that dumb after all," he said as he began to run his hand over my hair.

"What is that supposed to mean!?" I asked as I pushed him away.

He grabbed my hand before I was able to take off, placing it in the crook of his arm. He held it there tight, not allowing to me to move from his side.

"You'll be having dinner with Queen Lauren in the evening today so I'm hoping you'll behave," he said as we got to his office, his guards already opening the doors for us.

"Okay," I answered as I nodded,"what about Sus-"

"Ah! Susan," he said as she came in to the room, bowing with a tray of cups. She then walked over to Violet Eyes, placing the tray on the corner of his desk.

"I will leave Natalie in your care as of today, Susan. Teach her proper protocol. That will be the main objective starting as of now," he said as Susan placed a small white cup in front of him.

"Of course," she said as she bowed and took the tray in her hands.

"She also needs a new look," he said as he sipped on his drink and she turned to look at me with the same type of judgmental type of eyes.

"My pleasure," she said with an icy voice.

They were snakes!

"My lady, shall we get going then?" She asked as she headed out.

I turned to look at Violet Eyes who nodded in agreement, and in response, I stuck my tongue out before running after Susan.

******
"I shall not place the fork with the little fork," I mumbled as Susan cleaned the eating utensils and set them on a clean rag.

"Yes, and my lady shall never walk ahead of the prime minister. That rule also goes along with rule number sixty eight," she said as she peacefully continued cleaning.

She was good at hiding her identity, I'll give her that. There was no way I could openly ask her about anything that wasn't related to "etiquette studying".

"So...I have a question."

"What is it?" She asked as she stirred the pot in the stove.

"As Queen, and as the King's wife...what specific duties do I have to do?"

She chuckled, hiding her face as she saw my unhappy reaction.

"You must stand by the King at all times, that is your main goal. You must not abandon your people and country, no matter the situation. You must give our country heirs to carry out your name, after all, we haven't had a mix in the royal line for as long as I can remember."

"Mix? "

"Well, yes. You were promised to the King since the day you were born but under special circumstances, you were born into a noble family," she answered as she patted my shoulder for me to stand up straight.

"It's somehow confusing," I answered as I leaned forward in my chair.

"King Nathan would've been a great husband," she quietly answered as she turned away from me.

Nathan?

"You knew him?" I asked.

"Yes, indeed. He was magnificent, I can personally say it from the bottom of my heart. But...his disease, then his death..." Her body slumped against the table as she looked out through the window, her eyes lingering in lost thoughts.

"Did you...love him?" I asked as I understood.

She spun to face me, her face hidden with a deep red color.

"Of course I did. He was my King!"

"No, I meant love, as in love romantically," I asked again.

"He never saw me as nothing more than his maid but how I could I of blamed him? I was born into a family that had nothing, I didn't have the "gift" you did."

"Gift?"

"Yes, gift," she answered with a cold tone to her voice. "You never needed the title of Queen, you don't even know what it is to love a King, to show him how valuable he is. I could've done that, I could've been my King's strength and rock, I could- I'm sorry, I apologize," she suddenly said as she bowed and excused herself out from the kitchen with tears in her eyes.
The other maids who were around to see Susan's breakdown ran after her, calling her name to come back.

"I'm sorry, she just had a great respect for King Nathan," another maid answered as she came to my side.

"No, it's okay," I answered as I stood from my chair and headed out.

Violet Eyes needed to know this!

I picked up my dress and headed out making sure Susan was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is the King?" I asked the guards who stood outside his office once I got there.

The guards immediately allowed me inside, closing the doors after my urgent rush in.

"Natalie?" He asked from over his desk. He had a whole group of old men sitting around him as if he were giving a speech or meeting. They just stared at me, bowing as they waited for a command.

"Please, shall we continue this tomorrow?" Violet Eyes asked as he stood from his chair, the other men following his actions. He walked them to the door, shaking and thanking each one of them for coming.

"What is it?" He asked as he ordered his butlers out of the room. I sat on his desk, clapping my hands together as I began.

"She does have a grudge against you, that I could tell but it's not what we think," I said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me down from his desk.

"Then? What's the reason?" He blankly asked as he sat back on his chair.

"She...she liked Nathan. "

He rested his hand on the palm of his hand, dozing off into space as he thought. I waved my hand in front of him to grab his attention.

"Hello?"

"What makes you say that?" He asked as he grabbed my wrist.

"Well...the way she said it, she even cried and ran out of the room. She first began by saying how he was a great King and how she-"

Now that I thought about it...she really did like Nathan. Why else would she mention about her desire to become his 'rock and strength'? Damn...she had her priorities straight. She was prepared for the role of a Queen and here I was, being a brat to the King.

"Natalie?" He asked as he touched my forehead with the back of his hand. "Have you being feeling alright?"

"Yeah, why?"

"This is stressing you out, isn't it?" He asked as he took his hand away and sighed.

"No, why do you say that?" I asked as I touched my face.

"You look pale and skinnier," he solemnly said as he leaned back against his chair.

"No, I'm feeling fine," I insisted as I grabbed a fat roll from my stomach." Look, I'm fine! I still have some left!"

He chuckled, hiding his face in the palm of his hand.

"No, look, I'm perfectly fine," I said as I grabbed his hand and placed it on my cheek, moving his hand as if he were the one pulling on it.

Now he did take my cheek and pulled it, surprising me as he stood up. He pulled me closer to him and rested his head on my forehead as we leaned against his desk.

"What?" I asked as he continued to laugh.

"You become more lively everyday. I wonder when I'll reach my patience," he said as he laughed even more.

It was nice to see him smile and laugh once in a while...so different than from when I first met him.

"You still have your moments, you know?" I mumbled as I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his chest.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked as he also hugged me, gently rocking me from side to side. He smelled like a thousand dollar perfume...and I also liked the way he hugged me. I would've thought of it weird ages ago but now, I can happily say I've become used to this from him. It still surprises me cause it's him, but still, it's a nice surprise.

I had to be his rock, like how Susan wanted to be it for Nathan. No one could blame her for having liked Nathan, he was one of a kind. She watched him from the shadows as his maid...It must've hurt her a lot when he died.

"What's the matter?" He asked as he lifted me up on to his desk and lifted my head up.

"She really liked him," I quietly answered.

He looked down in thought, his eyes filling up with painful memories.

After all,he was his brother.

I mimicked his action before, bringing up my hand up to his cheek. He welcomed my touch, placing his hand on top of mine.

"I will corner them for what they did to him. I won't allow any type of mercy...I'll make sure they are punished," he sadly answered.

I smiled knowing he would do whatever he sets his mind to.

"But I still can't believe you like being like this,all cuddly and all," I said as I laughed.

"Why, can't I? " he protested as he pulled my cheek.

"Stop!" I tried to push him away but he just continued doing it, pushing my back against the desk as he tortured me. I hated it when people tickled me! And he was using it against me!

"Stop!" I said between a laugh and a cry.

I lifted my legs around his waist as I took his hands away from me, this was the best I could do with his body like that. I wouldn't be able to fight him off, pshhh, not even in a million years!

"You worn me out so quickly," he said as he looked down at me, his hair slightly falling down from his face.

"Yeah, you look like you just aged by ten years," I answered, his face turning more shocked than angry.

"And who's fault is it!?" He asked as he grabbed my hands in one of his, using the other one to tickle me.

I used all of my force in my legs to push him forward to me, an action that totally backfired on me. Who knows what I was thinking of accomplishing.

"!?"

Our lips were touching and all I could think was that it was second time that had happened in the same day!

We both separated a few inches but...he slowly lowered himself again and allowed his lips to touch mine once again.

He was the one who started it, I didn't do anything!

He intertwined his fingers in my hair as he sunk lower yet managed to keep part of his body off of me.

Was this okay?! I know I had kissed him before but now...he was the one kissing me!

I could feel the heat rose up to my cheeks, I knew I was looking desperate and childish.

He was gentle and delicate with every kiss, completely forgetting that some months ago, we were at each other's necks. Well, we still were but not like before! At least ...I thought that.

He stopped every so seconds to let me breathe, he knew I wasn't used to any of this, not even by one percent. He chuckled seeing my face, continuing right as I was about to talk.

He cupped my face with his hands, gently pulling my head up from the desk top, one of his hand slowly traveling to the curve of my neck and holding me still.

"My lady, I -"

"Ah!"

He immediately dropped me on to the desk as soon as Susan came in and in embarrassment, I rolled off from the table on to the floor, massaging the back of my head from the drop.
This was all his fault! I hid my head between my knees, cursing that man and his kisses.

"I'm terribly sorry, I apologize," Susan cried.

"Please, knock next time" Violet Eyes responded with a slight embarrassment to his voice.

"It will never happen again," she said and the doors closed, the room filled with silence and my cries.

"Come out from there," he said as he came around.

"No! This was all your fault! What will the maids say?! 'Oh, we found the King smooching with Natalie in his office'! They'll look down on me with with- I don't know!"

"Natalie," he said as he appeared crouched besides me.

"What?! And my head hurts because of you," I said as I rubbed the back of my forehead. He reached out and started to rub where I had my hand at.

"We're married, what more will they say?" He asked as he continued.

"What do you mean? What have they said so far?" I shrieked in horror.

He shook his head, pulling my arm and body for me to come out from underneath the table. He pulled his arm around my waist as soon as he saw my attempt of running away.

"Where are you going?" He asked as he held me close.

"To clear up my name, that's where," I answered as I tried to get away from his hold. He tighten it though, chuckling as I miserably failed.

"Natalie, if you have forgotten, we're married," he said as he grabbed my wrist, lowering his lips down to the finger with the ring he had given me.

"So? What's that supposed to mean?" I asked in embarrassment.

He sighed, his face showing he had completely given up all hope in me.

"Go ask the maids what married people are supposed to be like," he answered after a while, letting me go and walking to his chair.

"How am I supposed to ask them something like that?! " I asked as I stormed out of his office, closing the doors shut after me. The two gourds that were still standing outside Violet Eyes office turned to look at me, quickly looking away as we met eye contact. They had heard it all, haven't they?

"Damn he!" I cried out as I ran away.

********
"Queen Lauren, please, take a seat," I said as a butler extend a chair next to me for her to take. She had brought along most of her personal maids with her since her husband still worried about her safety. Hmm, I wondered why that would be.

"Our chefs have made a delicate choice for our dinner, I hope you find it appetizing," I said, receiving a side approval from both Mrs.Tellie and Susan. I was stuck with them in the main library for hours until I could memorize my lines, tearing out my hair in between sessions as a certain memory came into my head.

"Are you feeling alright? You're face just got a bit reddish,"Queen Lauren asked as Mrs. Tellie and Susan, who were standing by the wall, came to me.

"My lady, are you feeling alright?" They asked, the butlers also asked how I was feeling.

"I'm fine, I can assure you that," I answered.

The Queen laughed from her side of the table, cleaning the corners of her mouth with her napkin as she eyes me with curiosity.

"Could it be...because of the King?" She asked as she giggled.

"Yes, because of him," I answered without thinking about it twice. That bastard.

Her eyes grew in size, spitting the soup she had taken in her mouth.

"Are you alright?!" I asked as her maids came to her side. She stretched out her hand to a side to let them know she was fine, her eyes traveling to me as she strengthened herself.

"So soon?! Oh my, my. I have to go home and tell my husband, " she said as she shot up from her seat, walking to my side in a "civilian" manner. I turned to look at Mrs. Tellie and Susan who watched Queen Lauren, also shocked from what they had seen from a Queen with many years of experience behind her.

"It will be all right, the first one will be an experience and by the second one, you won't be able to stop them from coming," she said as she laughed, hugging me tightly before turning back to her maids.

"No need to accompany me out, sweetheart. You must not go out in your state," she said as her maids brought out her her coat. She said her goodbyes, offering well wishes and a reunion in a few days. I stood there in the dinning room, wondering what had occurred.

By the look in everyone's faces...it was not good.

"Have I done something?" I asked as I bit my finger nail, Mrs. Tellie coming to my side to remove my hand away.

************

Nico walked through the crowded street, noticing the two guards on each side from where he stood. He wouldn't be standing out in such place but he still had to do as much as he could to prevent any attention to himself. He entered the tight alley on the side, checking through windows and mirrors outside each store whether he was being followed. He entered the bar place where their meet up was supposed to be taking place, but he just found it crowded as the rest of the street. He spotted a hand waiving up at him from the corner of the room, and he headed straight to the room in the end.

"What took you so long?" Chris asked as he opens the door for Nico to come in, closing it with a lock after they had gone in.

"Were you followed?" Liam asked as he placed his cards on the table in front of him.
Damon drew another set of cards, placing another stack of money before them.

"No, I made sure of that," Nico answered as he sat himself down in the beat-up couch next to the fireplace.

A nock on the door grabbed their attention, Chris immediately standing up to open it.

"I'm freezing my butt off!" Miki said from the other side of the door.

Along with him, Derek walked in with the rest of his group, making themselves at home.

"I see you still need to carry your dogs with you," Liam said as he pulled out his money from his pocket and placed it in the middle of the table.

"You're a dog to the king so I don't know what type of shit you're spitting out," Derek answered as he sat himself down in a chair.

"We're you able to get the documents?" Nico asked Derek as he handed Derek another stack of papers.

"Yeah, they're all there," Derek answered as he pointed to one of his men holding a stack of files. Miki took them, walking over to Chris to inspect what each paper said.

"Are you happy you will almost be reunited with your pops?" Liam asked with cold hearted sarcasm.

Derek flipped him off, uttering the F-word just in case Liam hadn't seen his finger from the distance.

The door opened again and Andrew walked in this time, rubbing his hands together. He carried a newspaper in the crook of his armpit, similar to how he usually walked in.

"What's the news," Liam asked as he fixed his eyes back to the game with Damon.

"We will have the northern border all to ourselves tomorrow. It seems they will be having a holiday and everything will be closed for it," he answered as he opened the newspaper and read from it.

"I'll be at the main castle as early as six tomorrow, Nico, you can replace me afterwards," Damon said as he turned to look at him.

"I have all of our schedules written here, just in case someone wants to look at them again," Chris said as he passed around the paper with their schedules on them.

"What about the security in Uba?" Miki asked as he looked up from the stack of papers in his hands.

"Derek-"

"I have that under control. A little bargain doesn't hurt anybody every so often," he answered as he took a cup from the table in the farthest wall from them and poured himself a drink.

"The King wants everything in by the end of this week. We must have all the evidence to go against King Dominique if we want a peaceful war," Damon said as he took Liam's money.

"I still can't believe your King has all that control in a country that is not even his," Derek spoke as he shook his head.

"And that is why we will win," Liam said as he took out a pair of dice from his pocket.

"What?!" Andrew shouting from the corner where he stood at.

All of the men in the room turned to him, waiting for a response. He ran to the table where Damon and Liam were playing, slamming the newspaper down on the table. Everyone, except Derek and his men, gathered around to see what had troubled Damon so much, their eyes growing in size as they saw the picture in the front paper.

It was a picture of their King and Natalie side by side, and on the heading...

"What?!" Liam yelled as he took the newspaper from the table, reading words per word again. Chris yanked it from his hands, his whole body paralyzed from the shock. Nico fanned himself some air as he began to pace around. Miki was still reading from it, uttering sounds that were not from what he was reading and Damon just sat on his seat with both hands on the table, his eyes fixed on the wooden material of the table.

"What? What is it?" Derek's men laughed from what they were seeing, mocking them for their sudden reaction over a newspaper.

In frustration, Derek walked up to them, yanking the already beat up newspaper from Liam's hands.

His eyes quickly scanned the words as soon as he saw the picture in the front, his reaction being one of the same as the rest of the boys...

In bold words, it read just above the picture...

'A Baby For the Conquering Couple'

*******************

It would be better if I didn't wait for him since he said he was going to take a long time in the meeting with the counsellors. I snuggled into the mattress, my wet hair cooling the pillow and making it even more enjoyable to sleep in.
It had been a long day...When was I going to-

"Natalie!" The Violet Eyes yelled as the room's door flew open, hitting the wall behind it. He stamped his way to me with a paper in his hand, lifting it up for me to see.

"What is it?" I asked as I took it from him.
"A Baby For The Conquering Couple. Inside the biggest, most shocking story since last week... Hey, why is our picture here?" I asked as I pointed at the paper.

He had both hands on his hips, bringing one up to pinch the bridge of his nose as he slowly inhaled in and out. He took a deep breath, his eyes then his hands pinning me into the headboard.

"What?!" I asked as he held me by the shoulders.

"What did you say to Queen Lauren!?" He asked as he pushed me down, his hands still around my shoulders.

"Nothing!"

"Then how did this happen?!"

"What happened?! I don't get it!"

He got off, pacing around the room as one of his butlers appeared at the door bowing.

"My lord, the counsel would like to speak to the both of you," the butler said.

"I don't understand!" I yelled as I got on my knees in the middle of the bed. Violet Eyes looked like he could snap at any moment now.

"Read the paper!" He said as he continued doing what he was doing.

"Known to Queen Lauren first, Queen Natalie dedicates her daily life to her husband, quickly retaining the role of Queen she now has on her shoulders. Queen Natalie has overcome any hardships she could have faced, including continuing with the King's line. From calculations, we should be expecting the new heir to arrive next summer," I mumbled, lowering the newspaper down as I was slowly beginning to understand it.

It hit me.

"I'm pregnant!?" I yelled as I grabbed the newspaper again and read from it.

This was soooo not happening!

"No, you're not!" He yelled over my panic screaming.

"My Lord, the counsel-"

"I know! I know!" Violet Eyes said as he grabbed his neck in pain.

"Was this what Queen Lauren was referring to this evening?! Is this what she thought I meant!?" I asked myself as I re-read the top heading.

"You told her that?!!" He asked as he came closer to me.

"No! Well, I didn't mean this! I never meant this. She got it all wrong!" I said as I moved to the other side of the bed where he couldn't reach me.

"I already got two dozen congratulatory messages from prime ministers and Kings, I already got your father's blessing, I already got my enemies blessings, tell me, how is this a mistake!?" He asked as he got on the bed and started pulling my arm.

"My father's blessing? Did Charlie call too?!"

"No, Natalie, that's not how it works," he said as he pulled me to my feet, already dragging me to the door.

"Wait! I can't go out like this!" I said as I grabbed anything I could to stop him from dragging me out.

"Natalie!" Out of patience, he grabbed the sheets from the bed and covered me with them, lifted me over his shoulder and carried me out like that.

"I'm going to fall!"

I would say but he would just walk faster, tightening his grip behind my legs.

We entered a room where the old men I had seen before stood around, obviously waiting for us.
He set me on my feet and I couldn't help giving him a dirty look. I pulled the sheets around me, covering myself from any curious eye in the room.

"Is it true?" one asked in a raspy voice. They all looked serious, as if this was a live or die situation.

"No," Violet Eyes responded.

"No? Then what is this?" Another one said as he threw the newspaper to our feet.

"Look, we have no objections to it. We actually recommend you to have an heir as soon as possible. The only thing we will not allow is lies. How could King Dominique's country know before us about our Queen's pregnancy?!"
Another said as I looked down in embarrassment.

"I can assure you, she is not," Violet Eyes answered with no fear in his voice.

"Anything could've happened since your wedding. We demand a test to prove it," one said.

A what?!

"I have not touched her. She can justify it herself," he said as he glanced down at me.

"What?!" They all gasped as if it were the biggest secret in the world.

"Do you need medical assistant? We have the best doctors in this country-"

"No, that's not the reason," Violet Eyes said as he closed his eyes.

"Then what is it, our King? Please, we are worried about your throne. What would happen if something occurred to you and you had no heirs to pass the crown to? Your brother left no-"

"She is not mentally prepared to become a mother," Violet Eyes spoke above the raging voices.

We all turned to him, waiting for him to continue.

"She's still just a child," he quietly answered.

It felt as if he just stabbed me in the gut...

"She's the Queen," an old man answered back.

"I know. I have no regrets nor worries about that. She's had an attitude of a Queen from the very first day I met her, I have no question she'll be an excellent Queen to my country. But one day. She still has a lot to learn, she still has a lot to see and experience," he said.

"What are you saying,my lord? That the title of Queen is too much to handle?"

"Yes," he answered, causing an uproar in the room. "That crown, the title of King caused Nathan's sickness...and she's just like him. I'm afraid that if she gets thrown into the pit of lava, with the responsibilities, with the pressure, that she will end up just like Nathan. I won't allow that to happen, I won't allow it, even if I have to go against your decisions," Violet Eyes continued.

The old men glanced amongst each other for an answer, only to glance away in pain.

"My Brother, Nathan, he understood yet he would've done exactly what you wanted me to do and I presume, that would have been the first time we would have been against each other."

The room grew silent at his words, each and every person present sighing away in resignation.

"As you say. We must respect your wishes," one said as he sat himself down on a chair and leaned forward.

They bowed their heads one by one, standing and shaking Violet Eyes' hands as they left. Even if they didn't approve, they were still going to support his beliefs.

We silently walked back to our room, the bed having already been re-made by the maids.

I got in first, trying to find the spot where I had found it comfortable before I got taken out.
He showered first, getting into bed once I was almost falling asleep. There would be no reading for tonight.

He turned the lights off, the bed moving as he shifted in his spot. I waited a few minutes, building up my courage to speak to him.

"What makes you think I'm a child?"I asked and heard his groan as he shifted positions again.

"Natalie, just...go to sleep,will you?"

"You called me a child!"

"Natalie, I really don't want to deal with this right now."

"What makes you think I'm a child!?" I asked as I sat up and crossed my arms.

"That," he said as he pointed at me," precisely that."

"This is who I am. It doesn't mean I am a child. What makes you think I won't be a good mother!?"

"Let me explain something to you, Natalie. You can't become a mother overnight, no matter how 'well prepared' you think you might be. You have to educate the child, and since you are the Queen, you have to pass the love you have of your country on, a thing, you my dear Natalie, don't know a cent about. "

"I can learn! I can do that and more!"

"I know but until then..."

I leaned back down, flopping my head back into my pillow. I would show them all!

"Then, you won't be my husband until then!"

"Stop saying unreasonable things. I just said you wouldn't be becoming a mother soon," he said as he yawned.

"Idiot," I whispered,"you made my dad's blessing go to waste," as I internally cried.

"Doesn't mean we can't accept it," I heard him whisper from behind me, giving me goosebumps all over my body. He laughed at my reaction, pulling me closer to him by the waist.

I leaned up and pinched his cheek, pulling it more longer than I had intended it to be.

"Let.Go.Of.My.Cheek," he ordered as he intertwined his fingers in my hair.

"You animal. You made me hit my head today," I said as the memory of what happened today made me blush.

He laughed, bringing my forehead up to his lips.

"You're clearing up all confusion tomorrow, you hear me?" He asked as I nodded. I would have to talk to Queen Lauren about it first since it was most likely that she was the one who told the newspapers.

"Damn, those grandpas really want a grandchild," I said as I laughed, feeling as he laughed as well.

"Ain't happening soon,"he said.

He felt so nicely warm and comfortable to be around, and now I could freely put my arm around his waist without feeling some guilt at all. Well...shy and embarrassed but not that huge huge. Only a tiny bit. Like, poquito*.

Ring. Ring.

It was his phone.

Ring. Ring.

Who could be calling so late at night?

Ring.Ring.

?

"Are you going to answer that?" I asked as I was reluctant to let him go but he separated himself from me, holding my hand as he stretched out to get his phone from the nightstand. He came back with phone in hand, answering it as he propped himself up with one arm.

"What is it?" He asked.

"She's pregnant!? Why are we barely finding this out!? We are the godfathers, aren't we!? "

The boys! I sat up, stretching my arms out to grab the phone from him.

"No, she's not. That was just a confusion," Violet Eyes answered, gently flicking by forehead with his index finger.

"A confusion!? Why?! So it's not true!? " Miki asked.

"I demand for a relocation! I have to be by her side at a time like this," Chris said over the phone.

"I worked at the orphanage before, I can help her with her needs," Nico said, his voice disappearing into the screams and yells of the other guys.

"Wait, wait, wait," it was Derek! " I married her for a day, then, you came in and demanded for a divorce. Then you marry her and this happens!? Get your shit right!"

"Don't be talking to our King that way!" Liam yelled over the speaker.

"You filthy peasant!" Derek yelled as a ruckus began to go off on the other end.

Turning off his phone, he placed it back on to his night stand, pushing me down along with him as we got comfortable again.

"They'll kill each other," I said as he pulled me closer.

"I'll set things straight tomorrow," he said, snuggling his head closer to mine.

"You don't want children, yet you do this," I said as I felt him twitch besides me.

"We can live in two different rooms-"

"No! This is fine with me," I responded before he got any more ideas. I guess we were already comfortable with this type of touching...
*******
Poquito=Means "a little" in Spanish.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

8.5K 434 33
Just your typical relationship stories, but with a twist. created 08|28|14 published 09|24|14 completed 07|08|15
Unique Eyes Από the_5had0w

Ρομαντική

2.1K 115 29
The first book of ' Unique ' series Broken hearts Reveal secrets Scares are open A living nightmares People die People live And love will be foun...
195K 4.8K 55
***WARNING: THIS STORY IS SERIOUSLY CRINGE-WORTHY**** Did your sister ever hate you for stealing her boyfriend. Well... Mine does. Having to live wit...
Fell In Love By Falling Από sagarrado

Εφηβική Φαντασία

150K 1.4K 32
New girl meets most popular boy. Cliché enough for you? * This is something I wrote back when I was still a 14 year old who loved sappy/cliché plots.