Darkness Fell Upon Her...

Door ThisisDjleethal23

You finally met the one when you think you are hopeless and broken. Had you're fairytale dream in sight. All... Meer

Darkness Fell
Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
EPILOGUE
GLOSSARY
Author's Notes

Chapter 20

12 1 0
Door ThisisDjleethal23

Chapter 20

Got my groove and focus back. Days in school was a bit draining, understandably it should be. Hell this is Harvard! I was occupied with different reports and thesis. He on the other hand, was pumped up for reciting Miranda’s rights for the first time when he had arrested some drug junkie near Chinatown, his first.

Last month Ryan moved heaven and earth for all of us to have a get together and celebrate Phoebe. She is three months pregnant. Jenna was particularly excited and cannot wait to be the baby’s “fairy bookwormother”. We had it in his apartment. The whole day we chatted endlessly. They kept on asking if I am okay. I assured them and said as long as they are around and especially Gavin, schizobitchy Meg will stay away. We all had our college/MD/PhD days coming to an end in 1 or 2 years. Little more patience and perseverance we will all be wearing suits and a nameplate in copper on each office doors.

I was driving like a maniac; Gavin’s partner called me and said he was in the hospital. Controlling my tears and maintaining my composure, I am worried and try not to snap and end in the hospital as well. I passed by a highway patrol police in high speed. I was not concern on that anymore; I have to get to him fast. Heard the siren and the police car is now trailing behind. The officer on his radio/megaphone ordered me to pull over. I wanted to disregard it and doing an OJ Simpson chase drama but thought it will do more damage and problem. I calmed myself and obliged. Impatiently I am waiting for my shameful Hollywood wannabe DUI bust for my arresting officer to ask me to roll down my window.

“Ma’am roll down your window please.” He asked.

“Officer, I can explain my boyfriend is in the hospital, he met an accident.” I said anxiously.

“May I see your license and can you step out of your car please.” He steered clear of my explanation.

Let out a puffing sound and in teary eyes I did what he ordered. He looked at my license and step away from me for five minutes and heard him talking on the radio but it wasn’t clear what their conversation is about. I kept on stomping my feet and looking impetuous. God, please I hope he is okay! Unconsciously, I am wiping my tears, sick worried. He came back and I have gone ballistic on his next action…

“Ma’am you are under arrest for hit and run. Blah…. Anything you say will be used against you….. blah… blah...blah…

I was shocked. He is fucking slapping me the fucking Miranda’s right! I can feel the cold metal on my wrist. This is fucking real! The next thing I know he was holding my head, bend me and put me inside the patrol car. Tears are falling continuously on my face now. I am confused and still dumbfounded.  Arrested? Hit and run? Did I?

My car was left on the road. Few feet away saw another uniformed man taking my car and trailing behind. I am still trying to think straight, what did I do? God I hope I did not really ran on someone and left him/her dead. I cried again, head bowed down.

The mobile unit finally stopped. Still not looking at the law enforcer, feeling defenseless I just followed. Notice we are walking on a very dark wide alley. My heart began to tremble. Cannot see anything, this is not a precinct! God where is he taking me? I am now terrified and my feet are wobbling, literally he is dragging me. Still it was dark, I almost tumble when I stepped on a sort of mount flooring or whatever. I am still in handcuffed.

“Stay here and don’t move or else……” he said it with a threatening tone.

I got shiver on my spine. Why do I have to be a trouble magnet? Gavin… I kept on uttering his name hoping he will just show up and again save me. I bolted from the blue and cover my eyes when a scratching sound roared and one by one spotlight were switch on. Then I realized I was in a god damn center of Fenway Stadium! The huge screen turned on, heard the blazing sound of “Dare You To Move”. I am speechless and turning round and round to search for whoever is doing this, in denial or just making sure. As if I do not know already. Again I nearly fell from the mount when the spotlights turned off and only one was darted on my direction. Then the huge screen began to show some letters, the song change to “I Believe” by Blessed Union of Souls and I put my hand on my mouth when I realized what it was…

W-I-L-L Y-O-U  M-A-R-R-Y  M-E?  M-I-S-S  M-E-G-A-N  T-H-E-M-I-S  P-E-T-E-R-S-O-N,  P-R-E-T-T-Y P-L-E-A-S-E?                                                                                                

I laughed at the last two words I turned around and he is now fast approaching me. All I did was cry doesn’t matter how pooped I look for all the stress and his frightening manner of proposing. He sure knows how to catch me off guard and sweep my feet after. He is looking at me keenly he is now on the top of the mount as well. Slowly he went down on his knees and opens the small box and I saw the simple and elegant but most precious item I will forever treasure.

“Megan Themis Peterson, I love you with all my heart. You are the air that I breathe and I will die if I lose you. So if you do not want that to happen and to clear you with all your “charges”, I suggest you answer only the sweetest 3 letter word on my question or else you will stay one night in prison and in handcuffs.” He smiled but can see him teary-eyed too.

WILL YOU MARRY ME?” he asked?

YES, YES I WILL MARRY YOU!” I shouted and lock him in between my chained hands. 

He stood up put the ring on my finger he locked me with his arms and kissed me. “I should remove this metal of your wrist before I will go feverish on what I imagine to do to you with these” gave me a mischievous smile. I hit his chest on his notion.

The lights turned on and can see all my friends and his colleagues near the players den cheering and applauding. Phoebe as the emotional one is crying while Ryan, Sam and Jenna are all in joyful face on her side. On cue fireworks lit up the sky. Wow this is so epic! I kissed him again and buried my face on my “fiancé’s” chiseled chest. I will be his. That thought put a smile on my face and peace and security in my heart. We continued our engagement party at a bar near the baseball stadium.

Afterwards, we ended up in my living room and had a very serious talk. We’ve decided to have a long engagement since I am still studying. I turned red when he said. “I couldn’t wait to marry you. I cannot take it if I’m gonna lose you. Most important thing of all, so no douche bag will lurk and try to steal you from me.”  I am so blessed to capture such a rare creature like him. Excited to be his wife and have kids running around. Hmmm… hope Nana is here with me. I shove the looming sadness in my thought. Stop it Meg! Do not ruin this lovely and heavenly feeling! chided my brain. I let out a smile on my face and cuddle this exceptional chap. All my pain and emptiness vanished. I could have happy ending after all.

The next day, I called my Mom to tell her the news.

“Hello Meg, what’s up honey?” Mom.

“Uhmmm… can we meet I have an important matter to tell you.” I said.

“Let me see…. Is it that important that you cannot tell me over the phone? Oh My God Meg are you pregnant?” she exclaimed.

“MOM! NO! Yes it is important and I miss you, please, how about this coming weekend?” I insisted.

“Ok, I’ll drop by your place. Will be going to Chensington anyway to see Alfred’s Mom.” She agreed.

“Thank You. Mom, I love You!” I answered.

“Oh Meg, love you too, see you on Saturday.” She ended the call.

Gavin and I decided to meet them at Chino’s Pizza. It would be easier and it is located at the boarder of Boston and Chensington. I’m a little bit nervous; I do not know if how Mom would react. He must’ve noticed it and he put his hands on mine. I agitated when I saw them approaching our table. We exchanged hugs, kisses and handshakes. Told them it’s best to eat first before we start the conversation. After the main course, Gavin signaled the waiter to hold off the dessert for few minutes. He clears his throat and…

“Mrs. Peterson, I would like to ask for your daughter’s hand, I love her and I like to marry her.” He said calmly and again held my hand.

Mom was just silent and frowning. I’m breathing heavily in anticipation and holding back my tears. She let out an unidentified sigh.

“It’s too soon. How about your studies, Meg? Did you two think about this decision carefully? You’re still young, c’mon.” She finally answered.

“Mom, we will not get married right away. Gavin and I talked about this. I will finish my studies first. We will have a long engagement. Mom please I know how you feel but I will not break my promise to you, grandma and Dad.” I am now about to wailed.

She stopped, shook his head, looked at me and cupped my face. At last I saw her arch her lips even it was constrained. She kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly.

“I am telling you I’m against this, but if this will make you happy, you have my blessing. Gavin please take care of my daughter and please don’t get her pregnant yet!” she squealed.

“MOM!” I hissed. Gosh that is so embarrassing!

He just gushed and we finished the luncheon with a crème brulee. Mom even asked if to whose apartment we will stay. I paused for a minute, I haven’t decided yet or we haven’t talked about it. Do we have to live together? Geez. Gavin looked at me and then…

“I will let her decide where she wants or if she is ready for it.” He answered.

“It’s best if you still live separately, for your own good.” Mom suggested. We nodded to show her we got the message clearly.

He took me to his apartment after. He wants me to check on it and help me think or decide. It’s not that bad but I wanted to stay at my apartment. Probably because it was the last present my father gave me, it’s too valuable for me. I told Gavin that for now it’s best for us if we should live separately during weekdays while I go to school and I can stay with him during weekends. He gladly agreed to it, man am I lucky or what?

First week of being engaged is kinda’ hard. I am still adjusting to our arrangement. Most of the time, he will just go to my place rather than me going to his apartment. Taking up law will occupy your time and energy. Not to mention this week, I had to stick my face and ass to my study table and laptop literally because of all the paper works I have to do. On the other hand I am feeling guilty of not having enough time with my fiancé.

It puts a wicked grin on my face every time I say “fiancé”. Myself does not believe it sometimes. I shook my head and continue what I am doing.

Luckily after two weeks of grueling workload, I had a breather. Gavin and I had a movie date night and a dinner. It was a Saturday evening, after the romantic night we went home to his apartment. Couldn’t control my giggle when we were about to sleep, he ended up in his sofa and I on his bed. It’s like he was voted of the island. After the passing of Nana, I promised not to “do it” again until we get married. Good thing my fiancé is very understanding and he makes sure that we can hold on to that promise.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

24.7K 980 19
Sometimes, love can feel like it's everything. And sometimes, we hope it can be.
22.8K 1.8K 11
Everything in life is temporary, because everything changes. It takes great courage to love someone knowing it might end sooner or later, but having...
177 85 19
we never realize the word we speak can affect our future and our past,the people close to our heart.Sometimes we get carried away with time and we lo...
67.3K 1.6K 43
He's my husband and superstar. We met, I hated him. After a long moments I love him already. What if suddenly we will face a big trouble ? For us. I...