Everyone Leaves

Door singergirl55

Cora Summer's has always lived the easy life, or so people though. She was the popular girl in school whom ev... Meer

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Things are a changing

Chapter 4

1.8K 58 6
Door singergirl55

A/N- I Am so sorry that it took me so long to post this chapter, but I really wanted to make the party part good, and I was having a bit of trouble putting it into words. Also, please check out @Singerthatwritesbook she's an amazing writer, and I promisse you wont be dissapointed! Well, I'll stop annoying you, here's chapter 4!

~Singergirl55

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4-

Cora's Point of View-

"Should I wear a dress, or jeans?" I ask Audra. 

We were in my apartment getting me ready for my "Date'' With Cody.  Audra was sitting in her wheelchair, that was placed next to my closet, and we were rummaging through my rows of hung up clothes. I was watching Audra, because Cody had to go out and attend to some "business" at work.

"A dress! Definitely a dress." She says excitedly Pulling every dress that I own (Only four) off of its hanger and throwing it to me. 

I looked down at the dresses, and began having second thoughts about wearing something so girlie, and pretty out in public. In case you haven't noticed I'm more of a t-shirt and Jeans kind of girl. 

"Actually, on second thought, I think a pair of jeans and a cute top is more my style." I say flopping onto my bed. 

"That.. is exactly why you should wear a cute dress! You can surprise Cody! He would never be expecting you to wear a dress!"

Audra seems to be getting more into this party, than I am, and she isn't even going to the party! We have to drop her off at Mr. O'Brian's house before we go to the party. 

"Well....." I say. "I don't think tha-..." 

"Please! You and Cody are perfect for each other, he's just too hardheaded to notice! If he realizes how pretty you are, then maybe he'll realize how great you, as a person, are! PLEASE!"

At this point Audra was all but on her hands and knees begging me, and there is no way that I could say no to that!

"Alright, Which one?" I say with a sigh, and Audra's face lights up.

"I don't know. I guess were going to have to have a fashion show!" She says excitedly, and she attempts to pull me off of my bed, and towards the bathroom. "Please..." She says in the smallest, cutest voice that she can come up with. She knows that I cant say no to her!

"Okay." I sigh again, "Which one first."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

(Twenty minutes and three dresses later.)

"Are you ready yet?!" Audra whines through the bathroom door. 

"Calm down, chickadee. This is the last dress." I say zipping up the back of the dress, then tying the ribbon that goes around it.  "Besides, you have no right to whine, this was our idea, remember?"

"Oh.. right." She says, and I open the door.

I hear Audra gasp, and I couldn't help but laugh. 

 "You like?" I say spinning around, and grinning like an idiot. 

I don't know why, but I completely forgot how much I absolutely LOVE wearing dresses. I guess that they reminded me of how my life used to be. 

I am wearing a purple, strapless, baby doll dress, that is tight on the top, and flows down at the bottom of my chest, down. It's not extremely short, coming down a bit past the middle of my thigh, but not so long that a nun would approve. 

"I definitely like!" Audra said grinning as widely as I most likely am. 

"Good, Now what time does the party start again?" I ask, thanks to my forgetfulness. 

"Cody said that it starts at seven, but he's coming home at six thirty to get you."

"Okay, do you know what time it is now?" I ask

"Six o'three." 

"Oh shit! That soon. Damn it!" I say running back into the bathroom to straighten my hair, and finish my make up. 

In all honestly, I'm really nervous for this party. The last party I went to was two years ago, and everyone there was fifteen years old. There is no such thing as a drinking fifteen year old party, as far as I'm concerned, and from what Audra's told me, this is a college, adult party. Shit! I'm freaking out!

"Ah!" She gasps, rolling over to sit by the bathroom door, so we can still talk. "Child in the room, remember?! flush the toilet, you potty mouth!" 

"Oh, sorry. I'm just a little jittery and nervous." 

"Because you love Cody?" She said with a hopeful tone.

"Crap!" I say when I accidentally burn my hand on the hot hair straightener, due to being surprised by her assumption. "Sorry to tell you this, kid, but I don't love Cody, I don't even like him. To be honest, I don't really know him enough to have real feelings for him. If were anything, we're just friends." 

"Oh.... then why did you say yes to going to the party with him?" she asks, and I can see that she is upset. 

"I said yes, because he can't get in without me, and although he's arrogant, big-headed, rude, conceited, and annoying as hell, I want to get to know him better."

 "So there's still hope you guys will be together?!" She said hopefully.

I honestly don't think I will ever like Cody, and I know he doesn't like me, but there is no easy way to make a little girl in a wheelchair upset. So, being the dumb ass I am, I responded, "You know, there just might be."

"Really?! Yeah!" She says then she looks at my cellphone, because she was playing with it while I was trying on dresses. " Shoot! It's six twenty!"

"Crap!" I exclaim for the second time today, and I finish up straightening my hair, and moving on to my make up. 

I put black eyeliner on my water lines, and put a thin line of liner on my top eyelids. I also put on some simple blush, and lip gloss, and inspected myself in the mirror. 

"Perfect!" Audra exclaims, and almost on cue, there was a knock at the door. "I got it!" Audra yelled, rolling out of my sight and to the front door. 

I can hear Cody's voice, as he converses with his younger sister, and I quickly find a pair of back wedges, and my cellphone. 

I walk out into the living room, where Cody and Audra were standing. Audra was blabbing about something, while He was ignoring her, and texting someone. Neither of them seemed to notice me enter the room. 

"Ready?" I ask Cody, and he looks up from his cell phone. His eyes widen, and Audra has a triumphant grin on her face. 

"Um.. Yeah." He says snapping out of his previous trance like state.

"Okay." I say and I walk towards the door.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

It took us almost a half an hour to drop Audra off, because she said she "wanted to come with us to the party and make sure we make good decisions", That kid is really something.

We had just gotten out of Cody's car,and I was staring in amazement at the huge mansion that we were currently in front of. 

The party started twenty minutes ago, and the front yard of the house was already packed. 

"You coming? I kinda can't get in with out you.'' Cody said taking my hand.

"Oh..'' I say snapping back to reality, "Yeah." He then led me into the house, by the hand he had taken hold of. 

We waked into the front door, and we immediately met by a really tall African American guy. 

"Hey Man! This is Cora." Cody says to the guy, and gesturing to me. 

"Hi." I say and do a small wave. 

"Hey girl! I'm James." He introduced himself. "You know, the guys are about to play never have I ever, you  guys in?"

"Nah, I don't think so. I'm not in the mood to drink." Cody said taking a look around.

"You in?" James asks me.

"Um. Yeah, I, unlike that jack ass over there, am definately not scared of a little alcohol." I say, and Cody glares at me, attempting to hide the small smirk that was appearing on his face. 

"Ohh. Dude, come on! Now you have to play! You manlyness is being questioned!" James chimes in. 

"You know what I'm in!"

We then were lead to a small group of people who were all holding red solo cups in their hands. 

"Hey Guys, This is Cody's new girl, Cora." 

He then pointed to a guy with buzzed brown hair, and a tattoo that wraps aroud his neck. "That's Anthony,and the chick on his arm is his girl Patricia. The one with Blond hair is Dylan, and the guy over there," He said pointing to a guy who isn't wearing a shirt, and has black hair, "is Anton."

"Hey Cora," The guys all said simultaneously. 

"Let get this game started shall we?" Said Anthony holding up his cup. There was a series of whoops, and someone came by and handed Cody and I drinks. Let the games begin.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

Two hours and two and a half cups of some kind of alcohol later, Anthony, and Dylan called the games quits. There wasn't much that the guys hadn't done, Cody included in that. There were only a few that I had to drink for, the rest that I had drunk was because I wanted to. The Guys all seemed to be really nice, unlike Cody, they all had really great personalities, and they are absolutely hilarious.

"I'm gonna get another drink." I say to Cody as I get up from my seat. "You want one?" I ask. He had, had quite a bit to drink, but it hasn't even seemed to phase him at all. Even I was starting to feel a tiny bit drunk, and I'm no light weight.

"You're not my mother babe. You don't have to wait on me. If you want some just ask you don't have to bribe me." Cody says, acting like the ass hole I know he is.

I didn't respond, Well I stuck my midde finger up at him, but I don't know if that's considered a responce. 

Oh well.

 I went into the kitchen, and noticed that I really had to piss. 

"Where's the bathroom?'' I asked someone who waked into the kitchen. They pointed me into the right direction, and I made my way to the empty restroom. 

I relieved myself, and fixed any messed up makeup, I walked back into the kitchen for a drink. 

I went to the corner, and was pouring some brownish substance into my cup when I felt someone put their arms around my waist. 

"What do you say we get out of here? It's not like it'll be hard for me to get you home from my place." he slurred.

"What the hell Cody?!" I say trying to wiggle my way out of his grasp. 

"What's wrong baby? I know of something that can fix it." I could smell the alcohol on his breath. How much had he drunk after I walked away?

He tried to kiss my neck, and I spun around, trying to get out of his grasp. 

"You're drunk Cody. Please!" I say trying to take the nice approach. 

"I like it when you beg."

"Creep! Now, GET. THE. HELL. OFF. OF .ME!" I say through gridded teeth, and I shove him away with as much force as someone my size could possibly use. 

"To think, I thought the girls with emotional trauma would be the easiest to get with." he said once I had worked my way out of his grasp, and was about to walk away.

Well, that felt like a punch to the stomach. 

"Y-you think I'm easy?..." I knew that I shouldn't have asked that, but curiosity and fear got the best of me. 

"Well, yeah! Why else would I have asked you to come to a party with me. I don't exactly like you if you hadn't noticed." 

"You douche bag! Stay the hell away from me, and don't talk to me EVER again!"

I turn around and I'm able to hold in my tears until I reach the front door, and realize the Cody was my ride. 

"No. That ain't a problem." I see James outside on the phone with someone. "A month and a half ain't that big of a deal, and it's just a fight. Nope. not an inconvenience at all." He then looked over and saw me sitting on the front steps of his house, crying. "I'm gonna have to cal you back..." 

"Ya'll right Cor?" He asked coming to sit next to me. 

I shook my head no, and continued crying into my palms. 

"Wanna tell me what happened?" 

"Cody's an ass hole! That's what happened! I hate him! Ugh!" I say, and I slump over in defeat. 

"Want me to kill him for ya?" 

"No, It's fine, but I do need a ride? Any way you could be of assistance?" Whats the harm in asking?

"Well, I gotta call someone back, but I'm sure Dylan can give you a ride. I'll go get him for you. Parties bore him anyway."

"Okay. Thank's for everything James."

"No problem girl." He said then he walked back into the house. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N- Sorry for the short chapter! I'll try to get chapter 5 up tomorrow, but no promises!

ttyl type To You Later!

~Singergirl55

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

11.2K 277 24
The moon was full and a certain party was over. Two people were sitting by the poolside. The girl's feet were half underwater. "I just don't see how...
1.8K 272 40
Hey! I'm Raven Stone. Ever wondered what it feels like to be popular? A few months back I didn't have to think about things like that, I basically h...
4.6K 272 37
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
2.7K 128 78
"The more people you let in,the more chances of them walking out." "I will never walk out on you",Jamie said placing his index finger under my chin a...