Journey of the Heart (Camila...

De BefallenChains

You are Alexandra McKenzie. The sole heir to a multi-billion dollar enterprise. You're the typical privileged... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter 8
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Author's Note *Not an update*
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six:
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-One

2.7K 114 50
De BefallenChains

A/N: Hello lovely people ! So like I said, I'm going to focus on this story line before working on the others because this is going to be ending soon :( Sad but I think it's time.

So ! If you have any ideas to how you want this to end, let me know :D I want your opinions since you guys are just as invested into this story as I am. You're the reason why this story even continues and that I added more stories. So your opinion matters to me.

Well I'm not going to bore you any longer.

Enjoy the update !

And like always, vote, comment, follow. Whatever floats your boat !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV:

I rushed through the back area trying my best to find Sinu as quickly as possible. I was able to find her in one of the vacant rooms with the other mothers of Fifth Harmony. They were all surrounding her, comforting the distressed Sinu who was sat down at the couch hunched over, not even taking notice to my presence.

"Hi," I knocked lightly on the door enough to give them notice. "I was wondering if we could talk privately, Sinu."

"I don't think right now is the right time, sweet heart," Mrs. Hamilton, or Andrea, replied.

I knew right now was not the best time but right now was the only time I had the guts to ask the question that has been on my mind the moment we met. If I didn't ask it now, I would be able to ask ever again. I wouldn't have the courage to.

"Please, Sinu.," I begged.

I assumed Sinu heard my desperation in my voice because she excused the others and closed the door behind them. She sat back down on the couch and looked at me expectantly.

"What did you need?" She asked while wiping away the fallen tears from her cheeks.

"I need to ask you something," I started off. "And I know that what I'm about to ask is something that you don't really ask someone, let alone something personal like this to you. I know how hard it is to talk about something like this, God, I know how hard it is. I can barely talk about it myself. But I have to. No. I need to. I need to know. For my own sanity," I rambled out. I was sure that I looked like a mess with my stuttering.

"Alex, it's all right. Just ask, honey," she said in a motherly tone that took me by surprise for a bit.

I recollected myself and said the next few words that I might regret.

"How did Sofi die?"

I blurted out. I was sure my etiquette teacher was rolling over her grave by due to the brashness of my question.

Sinu looked up at me before taking a deep breath.

Story time people.

"You ready to go, mija?" Sinu asked from the front of the car with her husband taking the driver's seat.

Sofi simply nodded her head, being in one of her moods once again. These moods were coming more frequently now that Camila was once again back on tour with the girls.

Sinu sighed and turned to her husband for any help but got none since he had no clue how to help as well. He just as clueless as Sinu was.

"Everything okay?" Sinu turned back to her youngest daughter.

Sofi, once again with her body language, shrugged her shoulders. She turned towards the window and watched as things zoomed past the car. A blur of existence just like how she felt.

"Honey, I won't know what's wrong if you don't talk to me," Sinu pushed hoping that if Sofi talked it out it would make her feel better.

To no such luck since Sofi just stayed silent and kept her attention fully on the outside world. Sinu and Alejandro looked to each other knowing that the only people could get her out of this stupor was far away and too busy at the moment.

"When does she come back?" Sinu quietly asked so that Sofi didn't hear the topic of conversation.

"She said in a month or so," Alejandro sighed.

"Do you think we could bring Sofi to her instead then?"

"Sofi's teachers were pretty clear about her staying in school from now on. If she skips any more days, they'll suspend her," Alejandro explained. "They don't want to give her special treatment just because of who her sister is. Apparently it isn't fair for the other kids in the school."

"We should just home-school her," Sinu crossed her arms.

"And take her away from the little bit of normalcy she has left? I don't think that would be right of us to do that to her."

"I know," Sinu sighed. "I just want our old Sofi back.."

"Just like she wants her Kaki back," Alejandro pointed out.

Alejandro glanced into his rearview mirror and watched as his little girl stared blankly out to the world. Her usual smile gone from her face and the glimmer in her eyes never truly returned. She was no longer happy with the life she had.

"Watch out," Sinu screamed.

Alejandro looked to the road and saw an incoming car going into their lane at a tremendous speed. Alejandro honked his horn but to no luck so he did his best to avoid a collision. Turning hard on his wheel, Alejandro swerved through the lanes. Even with the effort, the car was still clipped and was easily tipped over.

The metal framed now crowded them as it slowly gave way to the weight of its load. Glass was sprayed everywhere, cutting the faces and skin of the Cabello's.

Sinu was still conscious after the crash and immediately turned to check on her daughter. The sight broke her heart.

Her daughter was unconscious, wrapped with the seat belt. Cuts were all over her face.

"Sofi," Sinu shouted. "Sofi, stay with me."

The sound of the ambulance was silenced with the sound of the ambulance coming to their rescue, but the damage was already done.

'The man driving the car was under the influence and passed out behind the wheel. He died on impact not knowing the damage he had done to another family."

I wanted to say sorry, anything to make her feel better, but I knew nothing would be enough. Her whole family was torn apart because of this man's mistake. A mistake that I had done that cost me Tyler's life.

God. Why was I so stupid? Actually. No. I was a fucking asshole. An asshole who didn't have a care in the world and continuously put people's lives at risk with my behavior.

"So she died in the accident?"

Sinu shook her head and looked to me like I should know the answer already. I knew, but I wanted her to assure me. To confirm my suspicions.

"I'm sorry but your daughter's condition is worsening by the day. The damage to her body from the accident was too much for her body to handle," the doctor sadly explained. "We can keep her comfortable for two weeks but after that, her body will start to fail her. We'll manage the pain, but it's not something I would want someone to go through."

The doctor soon left knowing that the parents would want their time to themselves with that kind of news. He had given so many talks such as this that he knew just when it was about to leave before parents shouted or burst into tears.

Alejandro and Sinu stood by the door, too frozen to move. One thought continued to keep them in shock.

Sofi wasn't going to live.

She was going to die.

They were both struggling to believe the new information. That wasn't how it was supposed to be. Parents weren't supposed to be the ones to bury their children. They weren't supposed to outlive them. It was the other way around.

"How are we going to tell Sofi?" Alejandro sighed.

"How are we going to tell Camila?" Sinu quickly added knowing that Camila was not going to take this well. She didn't take the news of the accident well after all. She downright shunned her parents.

They walked into the room and sat beside their daughter who they believed was still sleeping on the hospital bed. Subconsciously staring at the heart monitor that would soon stop.

A couple days later, a knock tore away the parents from their sleeping child. A man and a woman stood by the door, waiting for entrance. When given, the click of the heels and pristine oxford dress shoes sounded through the room. Their stature and clothing spoke loudly about who these two were. Important and powerful.

Alejandro and Sinu knew exactly who they were dealing with.

"Hello, I-, uhm. My name is-"

"Elliot and Charlotte McKenzie," Alejandro answered for him. "We know who you are."

Elliot and Charlotte were not surprised that they were known and pushed on for the conversation they wanted to get to. They were running out of time.

"Yes, and we know you. Sinu and Alejandro Cabello. Your daughter, Camila,, and her friends are doing amazing within the music industry," Elliot smiled. He looked over the hospital bed and it quickly disappeared. A sight he was too familiar with.

"I can understand the tragedy you have been through with your daughter. We're going through the same ordeal actually. Our only child was in a car accident as well not too long ago."

"I'm sorry," Sinu was all too quick to say her condolences. She would never wish this to happen to another parent.

"Not needed. It's our fault. We know it's our fault," Before Sinu could object Charlotte continued. "We saw the signs. We saw her happiness slowly fading away. And we didn't nothing about it. We pushed our only daughter away because we thought we were doing the right thing. If we got her financially situated, then she didn't have to worry for the rest of her life. We were stupid and idiotic in our mindset. Now, we're paying the consequences."

"I'm sorry and not to be rude about it, but what does your daughter have anything to do with us? Why are you here?" Alejandro jumped into the conversation, wanting to know these people's ulterior motive.

The McKenzie's looked to each other, Elliot took the reins of this portion of the conversation knowing that it was going to be the difficult part.

"Our daughter is in critical condition but she still has a chance in surviving," Elliot began. "Her heart was badly damaged in the accident and is slowly giving out on her. Her heart is the only thing that is keeping her from living. If we're able to get her a compatible heart in time, she'll live."

"The waitlist, however, isn't in our favor. She won't get a heart in time if we wait on that damn list," Charlotte added. Her nerves getting the best of her.

"I understand, but I am still not understanding to what it has to do with us."

"We'll pay for everything. The procedure, the medical bills, everything. Your family will be fully taken care of under the McKenzie group."

It then dawned on Alejandro to what they were proposing.

They wanted Sofi. Specifically, they wanted Sofi's heart.

"No," Alejandro was already shaking his head. "Do you understand what you're asking us?" He glared towards the two. Furious that they would even think that they would consider this.

It was their daughter they were talking about.

"You don't think we know how crazy we are. We've been thinking of ways to help our daughter. To right the wrong that we had created a long time ago. But this is only possible solution. The only way for a second chance to help Alex the way we never did before. A chance to show her that we do love her and care for her. A chance to be better parents," Charlotte pleaded. "Please. I don't want her to leave thinking that we hated her. That she wasn't loved by us. That she would be better dead."

"I'm sorry that you're daughter is dying and I am sorry that you won't have a chance to show her the love you carry for her, but what you're asking us is not something I will ever agree to. Please understand that," Alejandro stated. He pointed to the door. "Please leave before I call security."

Defeated and left with no more options, Charlotte started to tear up and did what was requested. Her heart broke knowing that her daughter would never the truth. She will never get to see her daughter again.

Alejandro and Sinu comforted each other while the young Cabello laid there having heard everything. She had made the decision herself. She knew what she was going to do.

"What are you talking about Sofi?" Alejandro asked, not understanding what his daughter was telling him.

"I want to do it," Sofi repeated.

"Do what, mija?"

"I want to give them my heart."

Sinu and Alejandro's eyes almost popped right of their heads. They turned a pale color knowing what she was saying now.

"Sofi-"

"I heard what the doctor said a couple of days ago and I know that I'm not going to make it," Sofi started. Sinu started to cry hearing the confirmation and assurance in her daughter's voice.

"But Sofi-"

"But nothing, papa. I'm not strong enough. I can already feel it. That's final," Sofi interrupted. "But I am strong enough to do something before I leave. I am strong enough to give someone another chance. To give someone their second chance to right the wrongs. To live a better life. I want to do that."

Sinu held onto her daughter's hand tightly.

"Please, let me do this."

"You can't do this," Camila shook her head, not really believing the words that had just come out of her sister's mouth. "I won't let you."

"Kaks-"

"Don't Kaks me. This is not happening. You're not going to give up just like this," Camila said furiously.

"I'm not giving up. I'm giving hope," Sofi defended.

"No, that's giving up," Camila argued. Camila then turned her attention and fury towards the two people she knew she could. Her eyes red with anger. "How you agree to this? You're the parents. You make this decision. Tell the doctors you changed your mind and stop this procedure."

"Don't blame them," Sofi shouted. "I want to do this. Don't take this away from me."

The monitors connected to Sofi started to go off. Sofi's heart rate was beating fast and her breathing was becoming shallower. Nurses came into the room and checked on Sofi, addressing that she needed to calm down her heart rate.

Camila turned her eyes knowing that her heart couldn't take seeing Sofi so vulnerable. She couldn't stomach it.

Once the nurses were done and Sofi had calmed down more, Camila's eyes were already glossing over.

"Please, Sofi, please don't do this," Camila resorted to begging.

"I'm going to die regardless of this. At least I'll know that I die because of helping someone. I want to give that person a chance to live a better life. Not because I waited it out in this hospital bed."

"What am I going to do without you?" Camila's resolve was slowly dwindling down knowing she couldn't convince a determined Sofi.

"You're going to live. You're going to be with the girls living out your dream. You're going to tour all around the world. You're going to reach the top of the music charts. You're going to get a Grammy. You're going to have the best life you could ever have. If not for yourself, then do it for me. Live the dream that we both have wanted for you."

"I love you Sofi. You know that right," Camila hugged her sister for what seemed like the last time.

"I love you too," Sofi hugged her back knowing that it was.

I continued to avoid those eyes that carried such love and adoration. I moved across the room and sat down on the other couch. I couldn't face it.

The truth was finally out and I could handle it.

Damn you Jack Nicholson. Damn you being so right.

I couldn't handle the truth.

"Alex, are you okay?" Sinu stood and wanted to comfort me but I avoided her touch like it was the plague and walked away from her.

"How can you be so nice to me?" I shouted, tears now escaping my eyes. "How can you even look at me knowing what I've done?"

"You're right to think the difficulty in being around you. It's a common conception that my negative emotions would go towards you," Sinu started. I felt like throwing up with how guilty I felt at the moment. "But I can't." And that made me immediately look up to her.

"The first time I saw you at the event, I wanted to hate you. But then, I saw that same twinkle in your eye. The one that Sofi always carried with her. I knew then that you were Sofi's second chance, that you're continuing Sofi's life for her. I could never hate the person who allowed peace for Sofi."

"Sofi wanted, no, she fought to give you her heart. You didn't force her. Your parents didn't force. No one forced her. She wanted to. Who am I to take away the good that she had done? The sacrifice?"

Sinu brought me into a well needed hug to calm down my nerves, which only caused me to break down in tears.

She didn't hate me.

I was glad.

[...]

Camila's POV:

"Damn girl, how are you not tired from the concert?" Dinah asked as she continued to watch me pace around the room.

"What's with her?" Normani plopped down beside Dinah, joining in on the entertainment.

"She's just nervous," Dinah teased.

"Nervous about what?"

"She's about to ask Alex out," Lauren answered, standing in front of me to stop me from nervous pacing. "Camz, you're going to be fine. She's going to say yes," she assured.

"How do you know that? Not like you can read her mind. If you could, that would be awesome and useful though because I really want to know what's going on inside that beautiful mind of hers. She is just such a mystery. I mean, today for example. We were having a blast and she bolts out saying she has to work. Then I see her walking out of another room. I mean, what's up with that?" I rambled on.

"Camz," Lauren laughed. "Everything will be fine. She would completely stupid if she said no to you."

I nodded and started to relax, but that was soon over when there was a knock at the door. It had to be her.

"Shit. Oh gosh. That's her. Shit. Do I look good? Crap. Maybe I should change? Or shower again?" I rushed.

"Mila, language," Ally scolded. "You look beautiful. Now stop making her wait in the hallway and open the door."

I breathed in deeply before making my way to the door, opening it to reveal the person that continues to take my breath away. Gosh. She was decked out with a beautiful dress that went all the way down to her knee and fit perfectly to show off her curvaceous body. Her hair curled slightly down her back and her face was natural.

"Mila, stop staring and let her in," Dinah interrupted my trance.

I coughed awkwardly while Alex chuckled at my embarrassment and walked in when I stepped aside.

"Hey guys. What was it that you needed from me?" Alex asked walking into the living room where everybody else was at.

"Uhm, actually I had something to ask you," I got up the courage and stood in front of her. Alex just stood there confused to what was happening. "I was hoping-, I was wondering, if you, uhm. If you would. You don't have to though. But-"

"Oh gosh, just say it," Dinah groaned.

"Will you go out with me?" I belted out. "Like on a date."

Alex froze and stood there, not saying anything. Gosh. I wished she would say something. Anything.

Everyone was waiting for her answered.

Alex slowly walked back away from me, the girls.

"I'm sorry," she shook her head. "I can't."

She was soon out the door when those words left her mouth, breaking my heart. Actually. Completely crushing it and then stomping on it with her feet.

"Camz-"

"Please," my tears were now falling. "Don't."

I pushed past Lauren and the others and ran out the door. I didn't feel like being in the same room where I just got rejected in.

I ran all the way to the parking lot and didn't even know it until Harry held onto my frantic and broken self. Worry was all over his face when he had good look at my state.

"What's wrong?"

I wanted to get out of his grip. He was the last person I wanted to see at the moment knowing that he had, or does have, something with Alex.

"Come on, let's get you out of here."

He didn't care for my response as he walked us to his car and opened the door for me. I got in reluctantly and we were soon our way. He started to drive down the road and continued the silence that I wanted. Not a word was exchanged. Not even the radio was on. It was complete and utter silence.

When we got to an empty park, Harry killed the car and opened the door. Opening my door seconds later. No wonder Alex dated him. True gentleman.

Harry walked us to a swing and we started to rock ourselves with our feet in the sand. It was kind of comforting.

"So, going to tell me what got you in tears?"

And relaxation was over.

Now it was just awkward. He wanted to know what was up and what was up was Alex McKenzie. It was weird to confide in him when he harbored feelings for her. I mean, who wouldn't? It was freaking Alex McKenzie.

"I'm just going to take a wild guess here and assume it has something to do with Alex," Harry caught me off guard. "I saw her run out of the building a couple minutes before you."

I looked away wondering why was she distressed when she was the one that did the rejecting. I wanted to be mad but I felt concern towards her.

"So do you want to talk about it?"

"She rejected me," I replied quietly.

It was now his turn to look shocked.

"Wait. What?"

"Please don't make me repeat it."

"That just doesn't make sense to me," Harry stated. "I mean, you're the reason why she wouldn't commit to me."

"What?" I went wide eyed in disbelief. I was the reason they broke up. I was the reason why the "golden" couple of our age. Not my opinion but magazines.

"Yeah," he sighed. "She didn't want to commit to me because she had you in her heart."

I shook my head not believing his words.

"You know, I had the hugest crush on her from the very beginning. When I saw her at the Teen Choice awards so many years ago, it was truly love at first sight for me. And ever since that day, I've tried my best to get her to like me, to see me differently than her friend. I even pulled out the 'I'm Harry Styles from One Direction' charm. The dimples didn't even work. But I had no chance."

"She would never smile the way she does when she's with Tyler. I could never give her the same happiness that she had with Tyler. She was truly in love with him."

"Maybe she's just not over him," I suggested, trying to think of another reason instead of Alex being in love with me.

"I thought that too. I would understand if she was still not over him. What they had was something she could never replace. But, you came in her life and my thoughts changed." Harry looked over to me with a sad smile knowing. The truth was apparently something he was not over yet.

"She's in love with you Camila. I could see it in her eyes and in the way she acts around you. It's love whether you want to believe it or her."

"It doesn't seem like it," I replied, kicking the sand with my foot.

"I know Alex. She's not good when it comes to her emotions or feelings. She runs away when it's something she can't handle. She's scared," Harry explained. "She wants to show people that she's strong but she's the same Alex I found in her bedroom crying because she felt alone in the world. She's the same Alex that would confide in me believing that she doesn't deserve happiness. She's insecure and fearful of the possibilities. You are a possibility."

"I don't-"

"Give her time, Camila," Harry begged. "Alex isn't someone who opens up so quickly to someone. Hell, it took her a year to get close to me. But she let most of her guard down for you. Just give her time to knock down the rest of them. She needs you more than she will want to admit. So please, don't give up on her."

I nodded, hearing all that I needed to hear.

"I won't."

?O"n

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

3K 111 18
Sometimes someone hurts you so bad, it stops hurting at all. Until something makes you feel again. And then it all c...
224K 5K 44
their world was built on sex, love and lies. she came with an intoxication that wasn't seen before, consuming her and demanding her. Lauren seemed t...
274K 8K 34
You avoided the limelight that your brother- Brad Simpson, always get, hence making the people know a little about your family. You spent your life i...
237K 7.6K 23
Lauren's parents were murdered when she was just fifteen years old. At school she is the badass who stays by herself, till one day of her senior year...