Prom Queen

Von Afire_

When Adeline Stone breaks the Girl Code, all hell breaks loose. (Completed x) Mehr

Prom Queen
The Goal Post (2)
A Solid Plan (3)
A 360 Change (4)
The Haunted Mansion (5)
Clean up (6)
Haunting Party (7)
He had it bad (8)
Flawless (9)
Worth it (10)
Score (11)
Closing Spaces (12)
Dinner for Two (13)
Edward the Menace (14)
King Of Hearts (Epilogue)
Aftermath. #1
Ethan and Ivy.

Winner in Pink. (1)

3.3K 117 45
Von Afire_

"It was Chester who announced the list. He read out the Prom Kings names, Duke Adel, co-captain of the basketball team being the first called out, Followed by Ethan Woolron, co-captain of the football team and finally Lewis Ceales, captain of the lacrosse team.

My heart was racing as he began calling the Prom Queen's names, first was Ivy Grey, I glanced at her, she turned to look at me grinning then she stops abruptly avoiding my eyes, Gabrilla Daez my best friend since I was young was called next, she turned to me with shinning eyes but I couldn't return her grin till I heard my name being called, when it was finally called out, I was soaring." - Adeline Stone.

_________________

I V Y

FRANKLY AFTER DUKE Adel left me, I hadn't expected to still be nominated for Prom Queen. It still was suffice to say, a pleasant surprise. I grinned turning to look at Adeline Stone, then I recalled what Adeline had done. With the memory still fresh, I turned back to my desk, the fresh betrayal heavy on my mind.

Unfortunately, Adeline had caught the grin I had sent her. She frowned at her own table beside mine. She didn't frown for long, several students leaned over to congratulate her, voices happy and excited. If there was anyone made to be prom queeen, it was definitely Adeline Stone.

The class continued after the announcements for Prom Queen was made. I tried not to glance at Adeline, the betrayal had happened a fortnight ago and it was still too early to make amends with Adeline. I caught her playing with her brown coloured hair, before she turned behind her chair to glance at Duke Adel.

My heart beat raced slightly because it was Duke. I didn't have to turn around to know how handsome he was. After moving here when I was fourteen, with my braces taken off and wearing contacts, I was pleasantly surprised to become fast friends with the popular Adeline Stone. You could ask anyone in Brington Secondary School, and they would all definitely know Adeline.

Adeline isn't drop dead gorgeous, but she's pretty. Topped off with a willowy figure and mixed blood, some would call her stunning. It was flattering for a girl whom everyone longed to befriend had chosen me alongside her childhood best friend Gabrilla Daez. We effortlessly clicked.

My luck in befriending Adeline wasn't the only amazing thing that happened when I came to Brington, I caught the eye of Duke Adel. Back then he was only trying out for the basketball team. Eventually at fifteen he asked me out and we'd been dating ever since. Or at least that was till a fortnight ago.

It stung, even now as he sat behind her, I could feel a strong pit of jealousy. I missed him. When class ended, I rushed out. I didn't want to see my ex-boyfriend fawn over Adeline. The perfect match. Basketball co-captain and the most popular girl in school. Absolutely perfect.

If I had watched Adeline and Duke, I'd have seen the signs, how we rarely had PDA around Adeline and Gabby, how Duke began tutoring Adeline in Mathematics or perhaps the time when Adeline offered to follow me to watch Duke's basketball game a month ago. Adeline would rather go to a football game rather than a basketball game. She felt like the hype in basketball wasn't as fun. I had been blind, oblivious to what was happening in front of me all along.

"Where are you rushing off too?" a familiar voice called out. It was as familiar the words to my favourite song. I turned around. The hints of a smile curling up on my face.

"Ethan!"

He grinned closing the locker and hugging me, "I thought you'd look happier being nominated," Ethan commented. As people were exiting their classes.

The sound in the hallway increased so I had to speak loudly, "It's just a crown."

Ethan's eyes glanced behind me at where the sound was coming from, "Not to all," he pointed out.

I turned behind and observed the crowd, they seem to be gathered around a girl in a pink dress, I recognised the dress first before I recognised Adeline who seemed to be in the middle of the crowd, Duke hovering protectively behind her, his eyes trailed from his friends. He glanced at me, then he quickly glanced back at her. I thought I caught a flicker of anger.

"Superficial twat." It wasn't true. Adeline wasn't popular just by her looks, she was friendly and kind hearted. She was one of the shinning students in her own class but my anger at her combined with envy burned me. I wanted to think the worst of her. The only thing frivolous of Adeline was her love for Prom Queens and her longing to be one.

Ethan's eyes wearily glanced at me, his beautiful green eyes boring into mine. "You've that sad look in your eyes."

My eyes went back to the dirty blonde haired guy next to the girl in pink, "I'll be fine."

"Well, you are so damn fine." Ethan wiggled his eyebrows at me. His light hearted gesture made me laugh. "Are you staying back for footy practice?" he asked, hands lightly urging me to my locker. It wouldn't do me any good staring at the star couple.

"Is there anything interesting happening today?" I asked. We'd been distant when I had started dating Duke, it was only recently after Duke and I ended we begun spending a lot more time together. It wasn't that I isolated him.

It wasn't the same. He'd been much more distant and we didn't spend that much time together. It was hard dividing my time for Duke, Adeline and Gabby, harder yet, when Ethan seemed to turn down invitations to hang out with Adeline and Gabby too.

"Well this prom king nominee is going to practice his shooting," Ethan said with a light hearted laugh, "You get to watch me in action."

I bumped into his shoulders, he laughed, "Sounds boring," I told him downright serious. I was grateful though to have something to do. Since Duke and Adeline happened, I'd been close to friendless.

Ethan looked offended. He pouted, teasing. "Hold on," He ruffled his hair, messing it up further and then pouted looking at me pleading, "I promise it won't be."

I tip toed, and ran my hands through Ethan's hair trying to straighten it out, I hadn't noticed how soft his hair was, "Fine," I said. Ethan laughed, he grabbed hold of my wrists lightly to stop them from messing his hair before pulling them away. The warning bell goes off.

"You better hurry unless you want to be late to Bio," Ethan warned, he held my wrists firmly in place, down by my sides.

"How will I do that if you're not letting me go?"

Ethan rolled his green eyes, "Don't deny you like it."

"What's there to deny?" I teased as he let go of my wrists. As quickly as I could, I tip toed and tried to straighten his hair, pulling my wrists back before he could catch them again. Satisfied, I ran in my shoes to my locker. I hadn't taken into the account the possibility that there would be some people who would stop me to praise me or applaud my nomination, which gave Ethan more than enough time to be by my side again.

They congratulated him as well. I hastily got my biology books. Somehow or the other we managed to dart into biology class seconds before the bell rang.

The classroom looked the same. Students seated in the same place since the term had started. I couldn't help but hate this class now. I hadn't always hated it. It was after Duke had broken up with me. It mostly had to do with the fact he was still my biology partner.

The blonde boy himself, the one who also happened to be my lab partner entered as the bell rang.

He approached our table with caution. Fresh after our break up, which wasn't the reason for his none to subtle ending of relationship. We hadn't parted on good terms. The situation was further complicated with him dating my best friend.

Duke had tried pleading with Mrs Hearthrow that it would be wiser if the two of us were not in the same group. Mrs Hearthrow had thrown all hope out of the window for a happier class. She helpfully suggested perhaps we'd better be careful of which partner we picked in the future. That unfortunately resulted in Duke and I having to remain lab partners for whatever remaining part of fifth form.

Duke avoided my gaze, he pulled his chair towards the lab table behind us where unfortunately Gabby and Adeline sat. It used to bring me such joy sitting next to my two of my three best friends. Ethan sat a little far behind. Now, I never felt so alone. I wanted to hurl my book at silly Mrs Hearthrow for not letting Duke sit away. I focused in class because it was easier than focusing on Duke and his horrid laugh.

My knight in shinning armour, Ethan pulled a chair to my desk, I arranged my books so Ethan would sit in between Duke and I, of which I bet Duke was grateful for. Mrs Hearthrow in midst writing her notes, noticed Ethan at our table.

Her annoying shrill voice asked, "Mr Woolron what are you doing there, your place is there," She pointed to the back by the empty place next to Lewis.

Ethan smiled charmingly at the old hag, "Sorry Mrs Hearthrow, I couldn't see the board clearly," he feigned squinting at it, waving his pen, "I'll disappear when I finish writing down the notes."

Satisfied Mrs Hearthrow turned back to the board. I heard several giggles in class and we continued writing. I was immensely grateful having Ethan beside me. We talked whist jolting down notes. He kept my mind off the blond boy who sat partially beside him, partially on the table behind us.

It didn't stop the eye contact. Throughout the class I'd catch Duke looking at me. Anger in those grey eyes. It hurt. Why was he angry in the first place? It wasn't like I still wanted to be partners with him.

How could one day you'd tell me I was everything to you then to the next telling me you couldn't feel the same way about me. Initially, I'd felt disbelief when we ended, then began begging for Duke to give me a second chance, then I was angry and finally the tears came and there wasn't anything I could do about it.

The humiliation didn't help any more either, it happened in front of everyone in the parking lot. I was teasing Duke in front of his Honda, when he abruptly decided to end things.

I think in some odd sense I was seducing him. Only to have it halt when Adeline walked past. I hadn't seen it but Ethan had and later told me when I learnt of their relationship. When Adeline walked past, Ethan saw her glare at Duke only to walk angrily to her car, Duke had pushed me off and, unfortunately blurted he wanted to break up.

To me all I had seen was a boy who was slowly about to let me drive his car to suddenly, shove me off and say he wanted to break off abruptly. Some had heard and begun staring. Eager to watch a drama enfold.

It was horrible. I couldn't imagine Adeline being the cause of us ending. Adeline was a person I trusted the most. The person whom I would turn to when a break up ensured.

Heck, I even turned to her when the break up had happened. I'd cried and told her all my woes.

I hadn't known what would happen the next day.

Since then, the question remained was what did Adeline and Duke do behind closed doors?

NOTE: The story will be told in past tense. I'll be editing future chapters to Past Tense.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

4.3K 442 12
'They don't want us together, but who cares?"
11.7K 364 14
you only know you love her when you let her go TW // suicidal thoughts
318 20 21
just read, I promise you won't regret 😉
My Lady Von Naru

Fanfiction

100K 2.7K 25
Completed.