Losing Control

De lisa_dec

After the loss of his older brother in an accident working for his company, architect Serkan Bolat descended... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 7

756 91 86
De lisa_dec

Serkan had no idea what he was doing as a guardian. He enrolled the children at the Beykoz Academy and now they expected him to attend a parent's open house? What the hell was that? Serkan wandered through the hallways of the school until he found his destination. The kindergarten classroom for Ebru.

He felt like a fish out of water among these parents. Serkan moved over to the side of the classroom by the windows. He was looking through the packet of information that the teacher handed out when a young woman entered the room. She was simply stunning, long legs and long brunette locks. Serkan watched as she took the information packet from the teacher and went to the opposite side of the room from him and proceeded to read through it. He waited for a husband to appear but none came and then he looked for a wedding band. Her finger was bare.

A small smile crossed his face, he was in a kindergarten classroom, not a bar, he couldn't go over there and try to pick up the woman, or could he? Before Serkan could make a move to her side of the room the teacher began to speak and talked about what the parents could expect for their children. Serkan looked at his watch, he needed to talk to the teacher and still go to two other classrooms.

Eda walked into the room and greeted the teacher, she had already met the woman when she did a tour of the school a few months earlier. There was an empty space over by the door so she went to stand there as she reviewed the information in the packet. While the teacher was giving her short speech Eda let her eyes take in the other parents and that's when she saw Serkan Bolat lounging against the opposite wall glancing at his watch. The man could barely be bothered to pay attention, her temper notched up a little bit.

Serkan glanced from his watch to the beauty on the other side of the room and noticed that she was watching him. She had a slight pink flush to her cheeks that only enhanced her beauty. He was distracted by her and gave her a small smile, beginning the flirtation. Serkan watched as she narrowed her eyes and looked at him with something that resembled disgust. He guessed that he wasn't her type but then she didn't know him. If he had more time he would make an effort to charm her but the teacher had finished her talk and dismissed the parents.

He needed to speak with her before leaving for Emir's classroom and made his way to the front, "Excuse me, my name is Serkan Bolat and my ward Ebru Korpaz will be joining this class. I needed to speak with you for a moment about her."

The teacher took in the handsome man in front of her and gave him her attention, "How may I help you Mr. Bolat?" she had ideas if he didn't.

"Ebru suffered a trauma last year and has struggled with aphasia ever since. I know that she has a friend who will be in this class and I am wondering if they could be seated next to each other or paired somehow until she got used to school. Kiraz Yildiz is the name of her friend."

Eda was exiting the room just as she heard him mention Kiraz's name, she stopped and walked over, "Why is Kiraz a concern of yours?"

It was the brunette, "Are you Eda?" she gave a slight incline of her head and Serkan held out his hand. Eda took it in a brief handshake, "Serkan Bolat, your aunt Ayfer has been taking care of my wards while I'm working and Kiraz has become close friends with Ebru. I was telling the teacher that I hoped they could be seated together."

She didn't want to wipe her hand on her dress, that would be rude, but Eda also didn't want to acknowledge that the playboy had given her a tingling feeling in her palm. It was probably something that made them such successful womanizers, "I've no objection if Ebru and Kiraz are together. They have become friends and I think that Ebru could use a familiar face with her."

Serkan was trying to work some saliva back into his mouth. Eda Yildiz was potent, her smell, her voice, her face, her body and then the touch of her hand in his. Never had his hand felt the electricity that he had with her, "Thank you Eda," he turned back to the teacher, "Excuse me but I need to go to two other classrooms, I'm late as it is," Serkan glanced at his watch again. He stopped at the door as if to ask another question, thought better of it and headed to Emir's class.

Both women watched him leave, the teacher was still looking at where Serkan had gone before saying to Eda, "Lord he is hot. I wouldn't mind keeping him after class, I would like to teach him some lessons."

Eda smiled a tight smile at the teacher and excused herself. It had been a long day and she still had cases to review after Kiraz went to bed and then she realized if Serkan Bolat was at the school Ayfer still had Kiraz at his house. She would need to stop and pick her up on her way home. It should have registered with her that Ayfer took her car today. She called when she was on her way to pick up Kiraz. Instead of her daughter being ready she was playing in the pool with Emir and Ebru. Eda knew that she didn't need to worry about running into Serkan since he was still at the school so she let Kiraz play a while longer.

Defne came outside to see Eda, "Oh Eda! I'm so glad that you're here. Can I get your opinion on some things? Serkan's mother took me shopping today but I'm not sure if everything that I got should be kept," Eda looked at her watch, she still had time.

"Ayfer, I'll be back, please have Kiraz ready," Eda called as she followed Defne up the stairs. She was trying not to stare at the house but it was gorgeous. All elegant lines and furnishings, it was hard to believe that a single man and three children lived here.

The haul from Defne's shopping trip with Aydan was spread across her bed. Eda couldn't help the small, "Oh," that escaped her lips.

"Show me what you aren't sure about and we'll see if we can make it work or if it should be returned." Defne was ecstatic, she hadn't had a mother figure to pay attention to her in years. Aptekin took all of her mother's time. She smiled at Eda, so happy to have her attention, not that she could be her mother but definitely an older sister.

The two women went through the clothes and put together sample outfits that Defne took pictures of and then insisted she try them on. Before Eda knew it she had been at the house for almost two hours. Ayfer had been up twice but backed out of the room when she saw what they were doing, she knew that Defne craved the attention that she was getting from Eda.

With the last outfit put away Eda looked at her watch again, "Oh my, where did the time go? I should get Kiraz home and fed then into the bath. . . . . .Thank you for sharing this with me Defne," Eda wanted the teen to know that she had enjoyed their time together.

"Eda? Do you think that you could teach me how to put makeup on? Not today but another day? Aydan offered but I think that I need someone a bit younger," Eda would agree that Defne needed someone with a younger touch and agreed to help.

Serkan was tired, the school open house was exhausting. He was hoping to have dinner and a quiet evening when he pulled up to the house to see an unfamiliar car. Not that he minded that Ayfer had a guest, he just hoped that the guest was leaving with Ayfer. He was walking into the house just as Eda was coming down the stairs, she hadn't seen him but he spotted her right away. She fit in his house.

His fatigue fell away as he shut the door. Eda looked up at the click of the door and inwardly groaned, she had stayed too long and Serkan was home. He was watching her progress down the stairs and Eda noticed how this house fit him, "Hello Eda, I didn't think to see you here."

She looked back up the stairs, "Defne asked if I could help her put outfits together. I guess that we lost track of time," she hurried the rest of the way down, "Let me collect Kiraz and get out of your way."

He followed her, "Don't run off Eda, it's late, why not stay for dinner?" he was smooth Eda realized and she warred with herself to stay or go.

Defne inadvertently helped Serkan get his way, "Please Eda? Stay. I didn't mean to make you so late. Please?" Serkan was trying not to smile at Defne doing the dirty work.

Eda relented, "Just for dinner but then we need to make our way home because I have some cases to work on tonight."

Emir, Ebru and Defne were thrilled to have Eda stay for dinner, Ebru and Kiraz sat on either side of Eda and vied for her attention, Serkan watched and learned. Eda was innately kind and free with her affection.

"Mama?" Kiraz asked politely, "Tomorrow night, if Mr. Serkan says it's okay, can I sleep overnight here with Ebru?"

Serkan jumped on the opportunity and besides, what was one more child? "I have no objection Eda if you don't. The children only have a couple more weeks of break before school begins. Maybe as a trade I can talk you into taking us on your boat?"

Eda looked at Serkan, the man was a menace, a very charming menace. He knew if he mentioned the boat in front of the children that they were going to want to go on another outing. She should have timed the excited voices and clapping then the begging for another trip. Serkan could tell she was mad at him but he didn't care, he wanted to spend more time with her and he would take it how he could get it.

'Yes we can go on another outing. Ayfer? What day works?" all the little faces swung towards her aunt while Eda flashed 'how dare you?' eyes at Serkan, the man had the nerve to smile at her, a sweet and totally not innocent smile.

"Well Eda, it's your boat, what is your caseload like?" they agreed that Saturday would be the best day for the outing since the courts were closed.

She pushed back from the table, "Ayfer, let me help you clean up. I need to get Kiraz home and into the bath.

Ayfer waved her away, "You take Kiraz home, this will only take a few minutes to clean up." Defne got up to help Ebru for her bath and Emir helped Ayfer clean the kitchen. That left Serkan to walk Eda to her car. She snapped Kiraz into her car seat and walked around to the driver's side where Serkan was holding the door for her.

"I hope that you don't mind me putting you on the spot too much Eda but the children all talked about how much fun they had and I wouldn't mind going out too," he held onto the door frame as Eda got into the car.

Eda looked rather stern which Serkan still didn't mind, he was enjoying getting scolded by her, "You won't always get your way Serkan Bolat and you cannot use your wards as tools like that," she had to stop looking at him because he was making her forget his background and her better judgement.

He still held onto the door as she seated herself, "I promise Eda and truly I don't mind if Kiraz spends the night tomorrow. I'll take good care of her," he was about to close the door for her when he stopped, "Could I have your number Eda? So we can coordinate Saturday? I can send you a text so that you'll have my number in case there's a problem."

She wasn't sure if this was a game for him but it made sense for him to have her number in case there was a problem. Eda gave it to him, "Don't abuse it Serkan Bolat." The menace just smiled at her before shutting her door. She knew that was exactly what he would do.

Serkan waited until later that evening to text Eda, 'This is Serkan, I wanted to make sure that you had my number in case you needed to reach me for any reason.'

Eda read the text and sent back, 'Thank you' but it didn't end there and she knew it wouldn't.

Five minutes later she got another text from him, 'I checked Saturday's weather and it looks good for the boat. Other than the kids, what can I bring?'

She knew that he would do this, 'Drinks, snacks, towels, sunscreen, maybe swimsuits if we pull up to a smaller cove closer to shore where the kids can swim. We can pull up to a floating restaurant for lunch if you like.'

He read her note back and wanted to keep talking, 'What are you working on? You said you had cases that you needed to review?'

'Serkan Bolat, I have work to do if I don't want to be up all night. I'll talk to you later.'

Serkan chuckled and sent her back another text, 'You just promised to talk to me tomorrow, good night Eda Yildiz.'

'Good night Serkan Bolat.' Eda knew that she should have her head examined, she was letting herself be seduced by a playboy. This had to stop now, tomorrow if he texted she would ignore him.

Heading into work Serkan was in an excellent mood. He had flirted with the very serious Eda Yildiz and he knew that she enjoyed it. Serkan didn't remember ever having a reaction to a woman like he had to her and he wanted to explore it. He was in his office, focused on a project when a knock sounded on the door, "Enter," he called.

When Selin stuck her head in the door he immediately regretted calling out enter. She came in and rested next to him on the desk, "You're back and I wasn't here to welcome you."

He pushed his chair further away from her, his mood plummeting, "There was no need for you to be here. I came back to work with my partners and re-integrate into ArtLife. I didn't need a welcoming committee," she showed no inclination to move.

"Selin, you can sit on the sofa. There's no need for you to sit on my desk."

She pouted and went to go sit on the sofa. Serkan slowly got up, it was his turn to rest against his desk. After his conversation with his mother about Selin he knew where she wanted to take this discussion. Sleeping with her was a mistake and not one that he repeated in the eighteen months since it happened. Serkan had tried to make it clear that he thought it was a mistake, he used those exact words as he got out of bed, not finishing the act.

She smiled brightly at him, "It's good to see you back at work. We've missed you here."

When he said nothing Selin continued, "I understand that you've gotten custody of Aptekin's children and have moved into your spec house. How is that going? Do you need help?"

Tired of this conversation and her presence Serkan asked bluntly, "I don't have time for small talk Selin. What did you want?"

Selin's smile faltered at his cold demeanor, "I hoped that you and I could go out to dinner tonight and reconnect."

"There is nothing to connect or reconnect. I told you before, our aborted encounter was a mistake and it isn't one that I am looking to repeat," he could see the tears welling in her large blue eyes.

"Serkan, I've waited for you. . . . ."

He cut her off, "There was no need to wait for me. As far as I'm concerned all you are or were was Alp's fiancée. There is no relationship between us nor do I ever want there to be one. You cannot swap one brother for the other and if you think to tell me that it was always me that you loved I don't want to hear it. You and I were barely friends. I turned to you in grief and realized the mistake before we even finished. There will never be anything between us."

Fat tears rolled over her bottom lids, "You are being harsh Serkan. I understand that our timing was bad but it's been two years and I'm ready to move on. I think that you and I would work well together and now that you have custody of the children I can help. We can eventually grow our own family."

"How many languages do you speak?"

Selin frowned at him, "What an odd question Serkan, but I speak four, Turkish, English, Spanish and Russian, why?"

"I just wanted to know how many languages I could tell you that I do not want to be with you, should I repeat it in all the languages you speak? I don't want to continually have this conversation. I also don't want to have the conversation with my mother again. I have told her the same thing. . . . . . I would say pardon me for being rude but I have tried all other ways to deliver this message to you," his frustration was high and he knew Selin she didn't want to take no for an answer once she had something decided in her mind.

She continued to sit on the sofa and sniffle hoping that her tears would sway him. He could have told her that they wouldn't, Serkan crossed his arms to wait. Selin looked at him, "I think you have too much on your plate right now to have a civil conversation," she stood and brushed the wrinkles from her skirt.

"Do not bring the subject up again Selin. What I have going on in my personal life has no bearing on you or this conversation," he saw the mulish set to her jaw and delivered his parting shot, "I will not be continually harassed with this subject when I have made myself very clear. Maybe it's time you looked for employment elsewhere Selin."

The slam of his office door as she exited rattled the frames on the wall. He may have been a bastard to her but he had no desire to spend time with Selin and she refused to listen when he spoke rationally with her. There was a harder knock before Engin opened the door, "What was that about?"

Serkan rolled his eyes, "I told Selin for the hundredth time that I do not ever want to be in a relationship with her. Admittedly I was a bit harsh but the woman only hears what she wants to hear. She told me that it's been two years and she's ready to move on, she thinks that we would work well together. Not hardly."

Engin knew that Serkan could be cutting but in this instance he had to agree with him, "Did you ever think that it was time she moved on from ArtLife? We only brought her on because of Alp."

"Why do you think there was the door slam? I suggested that it was time she look for employment elsewhere because I would not take her continued harassment of me to have a relationship that I find repulsive," he led up his hand to Engin, "Give me credit, I didn't say it like that."

His partner shook his head with a small smile, "It might come to that. The woman is determined. . . . I have to admit, I'm not exactly sure the nature of Selin and Alp's relationship. Pyril seems to think that she was with him to be close to you."

"Why? I barely had anything to do with her when we were growing up, she was Alp's problem, not mine. I never understood his relationship with her or what he saw in her, not to be crude but I'm not attracted to her in any way."

Engin lowered his voice, "Selin told Pyril that the two of you slept together."

Serkan gave a harsh laugh, "I was drunk and grieving. She showed up to one of my parties and came on to me. Did we start to have sex? I'm not proud to admit it but yes however we didn't finish, it took me less than a minute to realize that it was wrong. I told her it was a mistake and that she needed to get dressed. At that time I told her I wasn't Alp," he turned away from Engin, "And Selin told me she knew. Right then I hated her and I hated myself."

Coming up begin Serkan, Engin put his hand on his shoulder, "Let me handle this. I already told Pyril I thought that Selin needed to move on and she agreed with me. . . . . . . You've made really good progress since you've been back. I don't want her to torpedo any good that you've done and I think her constantly being in your face is a negative."

He turned to face Engin, "I know that I made a mistake by even touching her. When she approached me the next day, I tried being kind but I was honest. She kept coming back to my apartment, I finally resorted to crude behavior and still she ignores what I say. Maybe my mother was right, maybe Selin was always waiting for me to come around so she settled for Alp."

Engin hadn't seen the look in Serkan's eyes before when he made the last statement and so he waited because he knew Serkan wasn't finished, "If she was with Alp for any other reason than because she loved him I would hate her that much more. As it is I have an incredible amount of disgust with her trying to start something with me only a few months after his death. It was as if he meant nothing. My brother meant nothing to her and everything to me ."

Putting his arm around Serkan, he understood, "I'll take care of this for you but don't think I'm condoning you going off the deep end again Serkan. You started coming back to yourself, to the man that we know and love. Stay that path."

Serkan pressed the heels of his hands into his eyes, "I made a promise to myself Engin, I can't do that again. I hated that version of me. It isn't just me anymore, I have the kids too. And. . . . . . "

"And?" Engin pressed.

"I met someone who intrigues me, it's more than that though but I won't go into details. I don't want to jinx anything."

Engin gave Serkan's shoulder a squeeze, "I won't push for more information then. Get back to work, we need to leave in about an hour."

Because he was thinking about her and wanted to wash the thought of Selin from his brain, Serkan sent a text to Eda. He didn't expect her to respond but he thought he would write anyway, 'Good morning, promising not to bother you all day but I did want to say hello. I'll let you get back to work now.' He tried to get back to work but his mind was wandering to Eda. He had tried not to watch her throughout dinner but he failed miserably and the worst part was that he had a sinking feeling that the attraction was all one-sided.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

34.5K 1.3K 7
Set after Selin's birthday. Eda get's in an accident, Serkan get's consequences. He will finally remember Eda, but will it be too late for that?
36.6K 2.2K 16
Unamused by a school assignment, Kiraz Bolat makes a wish that she knows Santa Claus won't be able to fulfill. After all, he doesn't exist! Shortly...
66.2K 3.2K 33
Serkan has amnesia, he doesn't remember Eda. Selin hopes that he never gets his memories back. The ArtLife team has been working with Eda for two mon...
79.1K 3.1K 37
Two broken souls and closed-off hearts. When they meet, will they heal each other or destroy what was left inside them? Eda is a young university stu...