A King and His Queen (Tifa x...

Megoz7 द्वारा

It has been years since Y/n had last seen his childhood friends. Now as an adult, he returns to his homeland... अधिक

Ch.1: Reunion
Ch.2: Errand Boys and Girl
Ch.3: The Jessie Job
Ch.4: Tunnels, Tunnels, and More Tunnels
Ch.5: Mako Reactor 5
Ch.6: The Flower Girl
Ch.7: Wall Market Pt.1
Ch.8: Wall Market Pt.2
Ch.9: Spooks and Sewers
Ch.10: All Comes Crashing
Ch.11: Survivors
Ch.12: Before the Rescue
Ch.13: Into the Building
Ch.14: Upper Crust
Ch.15: The Lab
Ch.17: New Horizons
Ch.18: The Calm Before...
Ch.19: ...The Storm
Ch.20: Together
Ch.21: Union (Nearly)
Ch.22: Headaches and Heartaches
Ch.22: Trial of Titan
Ch.23: Trial of Ramuh

Ch.16: Destiny's Crossroads

320 17 7
Megoz7 द्वारा

The team followed the strange glowing liquid into the elevator. "What's about this floor?" Barret asked as Cloud pushed the button to call the elevator. "The president's office." Informed Nanaki. "And then the roof." Exiting the elevator, the strange bubbly substance continued down the hall ahead. The trail came to an end by the door to the 70th floor, President Shinra's office. "Where's that bastard hiding?" Barret questioned as they looked around the empty office. "And Sephiroth?" Tifa added. "Wait. I can hear something." Nanaki said.

Exiting the office, the walked along the path leading to the roof, only to find a broken railing and President Shinra hanging for dear life on the ledge. "Help me!" He strained. "Well, well, well." Barret smiled in satisfaction as he looked down at the man straggling. "Fate is smiling down upon me!" Yuffie exclaimed with glee as she pulled out her shuriken. "Pull me up! I'll give you all the money you want! I have gil! Plenty of it!" Tifa approached the man, but Barret stopped her. Barret knelt down to face the president. "Thing is, I don't want your money." "Please!" Shinra couldn't hold on any longer and began to fall, but Barret quickly reacted and grabbed his arm. Using all of his strength, Barret pulled Shinra up. "Just let me live. Everything you want can be yours." "I'm a man of modest dreams. Dropping you from seventy stories up would get me damn near to good." "But not all the way. You want something more, don't you!?" "More than this right here? Talk to me again like you know me." Barret flung the man up and instead began to hold him by his collar. "Barret!" Tifa shouted. "Stop it!" Added Aerith. Barret threw Shinra back onto the walkway. The man coughed as groaned in pain. "You're gonna get on TV and tell em." Began Barret as Shinra cowered. "Tell em what you did to Sector 7. That it was you who killed all those people! Then, you're gonna tell them the truth about Avalanche." Shinra was slowly leading Barret back into his office. "That Avalanche ain't Wutai or anybody's puppet! That Avalanche fights for the people, the planet! That we fight to hold Shinra to account for it's crimes! That is Avalanche. The filthy sewer rats who brought down a goliath! You tell em that!" Shinra stopped by his desk. "Is that really all you want? For your names to be cleared? Hmph. That is what matters most to you? More than shutting down the reactors? Than the future of the planet itself?" Barret approached the president, however he was now armed with a weapon of his own. "Damn!" Barret cursed, having fallen into the trap. "You're lying to yourself, Even now. Truth... justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one. Picture it! Picture a world without Shinra. Without Mako energy. A stagnant, impotent world. Now picture a natural disaster. Who would help the people? Help them recover and rebuild? You? With their old world ruined, will they thank you for the new? I'm going to give you a chance." The rest of the party returned to the office, but stopped upon seeing Barret backed into a corner. "One last opportunity to consider what your principles are truly worth. But bear in mind that time is of the essence." "And what about you Mister President? What are you vaunted principles?" "What princples!? Did you understand even a single word of what I told you? I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discord that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt." Shinra smirked as he slowly pressed his finger down on the trigger. However, before it could completely be pressed, a blade pierced through Shinra's chest. The party gasped in shock as the man responsible stood behind Shinra, Sephiroth. The mysterious man pulled out his long sword, Masamune, and watched as the president fell.

"You son of a bitch!" Barret roared as he rushed towards Sephiroth, however Whispers flooded into the room, stopping the man from getting any closer. Sephiroth, in the blink of an eye, appeared before Barret and drove Masamune through his chest. "BARRET!" Tifa cried. Cloud froze up as he saw his friends rush over to Barret's side. Sephiroth made his way over Shinra's desk as the Whispers crowded around Barret. With a swing for his sword. Sephiroth sent the Whispers away. In a whirl of black mist, the the party was warped into a new environment. "This is..." "The source." Aerith finished for Nanaki. "Of everything."

Cloud joined his friends' side. The monster, known as Jenova Dreamweaver, roared viciously. "What's happening!?" Tifa asked as the monster swung it's tentacles. "It's an illusion." Informed Nanaki. "Stay calm." A tentacle wrapped around Y/n and Tifa, squeezing them tightly. Cloud lept into the air and swung his sword, slicing off the tentacle holding Y/n. Yuffie threw her shuriken and used her ninjutsu to engulf it in ice. The shuriken cleanly cut the tentacle, releasing Tifa. Nanaki closed distance and slashed at the Dreamweaver's torso. Aerith kept her distance, launching beams of magic. The Dreamweaver released a gas that burst, sending the others tumbling back. It roared and reconstructed it's tentacles. The Dreamweaver exhaled a beam of light which the party was able to avoid. Aerith released a beam of her own and pierced the monsters appendage. Y/n followed by warp striking it's torso with his Engine Blade; managing two strikes before being sent flying back by a tentacle. Cloud jumped in and managed to cut its face. He tried for a thrust, but the Dreamweaver tripped Cloud over with a swipe of its tail. The Dreamweaver tried to slam it's tail on Cloud, but Tifa caught it. Yuffie slid into the tail, using her shuriken to cut it off. Tifa picked up the tail and smacked the Dreamweaver.

In an act of desperation, the Dreamweaver erupted long tentacles around the battlefield. The began to swing, managing to hit Aerith and Yuffie. Nanaki and Tifa aimed for the Dreamweaver while Cloud and Y/n tried to clear a path. The two swordsmen cut down enough tentacles, allowing for Tifa to jump into the air and dive kick the Dreamweaver's face. Nanaki jumped as well, using his flaming fangs to bite onto its neck.

The Dreamweaver vanished and reappeared a few feet away. It roared, causing drops of black acid to fall from the ceiling. "You guys okay?" Y/n asked Tifa and Nankaki. "Yeah." The former replied. Aerith tried her best to disrupt the acid before it landed on the party. Yuffie assisted her by throwing her shuriken and using her ninjutsu to encase it in air, forcing the acid to spew away as Yuffie threw it. More tentacles erupted, making Y/n and Cloud to protect Yuffie and Aerith from their strikes. Tifa and Nanaki rushed at the Dreamweaver once more. "Let's finish this Nanaki!" Tifa shouted as Nanaki created a flame wheel that crashed into the Dreamweaver. Tifa bumped her fists together, causing them to glow as she landed a combination of swift punches, finishing it off with one powerful back flip kick.

The Dreamweaver began to released a black smoke and with the blink of an eye, the party was back at the office once more. The Dreamweaver a hooded man, much like Maro, but with a '49' tattoo. The hooded man groaned in pain as he fell over and vanished. Laying beside the man was Jenova's body. Cloud tried to approach it, but stopped as Sephiroth appeared. The swordsman picked up the body. He, along with Cloud, turned towards the whirling sound coming from the roof. Cloud turned his head back to Sephiroth, but the man was no longer seen. He looked around the office, only to find him standing outside, slowly ascending into the air.

Cloud tried to run out, but stopped as Barret grunted. A Whisper had escaped from his body and he had been revived. Tifa and the others gasped as they took to his side. "Barret! Are you hurt!?" Tifa asked as she knelt beside her friend. Barrer grabbed his chest. "Don't think so." He assured, causing Tifa to sigh in relief. "This death was not the one ordained for you by fate." Said Nanaki. The turned to the Whisper floating above them. "Thanks." Barret said. The Whisper began to take off, looking at Y/n and Cloud as his exited the office.

The party exited the office and returned to the walkway on the roof. They looked up to see Sephiroth standing with Jenova in his arms.

"Sephiroth!" Cloud called. The Ex-SOLDIER tried to climb towards Sephiroth, only to be stopped by a swarm of Whispers. Cloud watched in confusion as Sephiroth turned into a cloaked man with a '2' tattoo before dropping himself, and Jenova, off of the roof. Cloud slapped the railing in frustration before making his way back to the others who stood near the Avalanche chopper.

"Everyone okay?" Cloud asked. Barret slapped his chest. "Hey. Get your man?" He asked. Cloud sighed. "He got away." "Bout time we made our escape too." The chopper was suddenly struck by an explosion, causing its blades to stop whirling and descend rapidly onto the Earth below. Another helicopter made it's way to the scene. "Shit!" Cloud exclaimed.

The chopper landed and a few elite Shinrs officers hopped out. Behind them came the heir of the Shinra empire, Rufus Shinra.

"If it ain't Rufus Shinra." Barret said. "Heir to daddy's throne." Yuffie spat. The chopper took its leave. Barret and Yuffie began to walk towards Rufus. "Stop!" Ordered Cloud. "The hell we will!" Barret argued. "You're not the boss of us!" Added Yuffie. "We can finish off the family here and now!" Pleaded Barret. "Take Aerith and get outta here." Cloud instructed. Rufus ordered his men to position themselves. "I'll buy you guys some time." "I could stay here. Back you up." "Barret. I'm asking you. Please." Barret scratched his head and sighed. "Fine. Have it your way then. But you better be right behind us!" Barret took Yuffie's arm. "Hey! Let go!" "No can do, little lady." Cloud watched as the others followed after Barret. All except for Y/n. "Please. Go." Cloud pleaded. "Sorry, but you can't order a prince around." Y/n took to Cloud's side. "I told you that I was here for you guys. You wanna buy them time? Then I'll double it." Cloud smiled and nodded a thank you to his friend.

Cloud took out his Buster sword as Y/n conjured his Engine Blade. "You're a SOLDIER, aren't you?" Rufus asked Cloud, examining his sword. "Which, of course, would mean that I own you." Cloud scoffed. "Ex-SOLDIER. I quit." "Secure the others." Rufus ordered his men. Cloud tried to charge at the men, but bullet fire from the chopper stopped him. Y/n smirked, warp striking the troops as he phased through the bullets with ease. Rufus lifted his hand, stopping the bullet fire. "You? You're not a SOLDIER. Who are you?" "Y/n Lucis Caelum." Rufus's eyes widened before he suddenly started to laugh. "What brings you here, my lord?" He mockingly bowed. "To take down the enemy of my country." "Oh, dear prince, you're mission is far from being successful."

Rufus lifted his gun and tried to shoot Cloud, however Y/n warped towards his friend and shielded him. Cloud swirled around Y/n as Rufus's dog, Darkstar, charged at the blonde. Darkstar was an enhanced bloodhound, able to withstand great amounts of damage as it easily took Cloud slashes. Y/n charged Rufus and began to slash at the heir. However, Rufus was able to evade and he tried to shoot Y/n, only for the prince to phase through it. Darkstar bit into Cloud's sword, who in turn pushed the dog away and thrusted forward, slashing it's side. Rufus took to his dog's side and gestured him stay aside, leaving Rufus alone with the two.

Rufus took out two coins and tossed them into the air. He propelled himself forward with his gunfire, but Cloud managed to dodge. Rufus quickly fired a round at him, but he managed to block it. As the coins descended, Rufus split his gun into to two and fired. As the bullets hit the coins, they fired lasers at the two swordsmen who were able to evade in time. Y/n and Cloud tried to tag team Rufus, only for the Shinra heir to drop three coins that released electric charges. Y/n managed to evade, but Cloud got caught. Rufus tried to shoot Cloud, but Y/n rammed him away with Ziedrich.

Cloud jumped forward and slashed at Rufus who used his hand to push away the sword. Y/n swung his blade which Rufus blocked with his gun. Cloud followed up by thrusting his blade which forced Rufus to jump back, allowing Y/n two slash away Rufus's gun. "We could end this. Here and now." Warned Cloud. "No, not quite." Rufus responded as the chopper returned to his side. "Tonight marks a new beginning for Shinra!" He informed vaguely as he held onto the chopper's landing skids and flew away. As the chopper circled around, it began to fire rounds at the two. Y/n shielded himself and Cloud, however the scaffolding they stood in gave in. Y/n quickly conjured his Drain Lance and imapled the side of the building, using his free hand to hold on to Cloud. The watched as the helicopter left. "Talk about deja vu!" Y/n groaned as the lance's hold on the building grew weaker. "Don't think it's gonna hold much longer!" Y/n said as the lance dematerielized and the two began to fall. Fortunately, Tifa had returned and with great speed, she grabbed onto Y/n's hand. "Holy shit!/Tifa!" Cloud and Y/n exclaimed. "You gotta be better than this." Said Tifa as she strained. "Both of you... if you're gonna play hero."

Barret and the others were going down an elevator. "Think they can manage on their own?" Nanaki asked. "You've seen them in action." Barret responded. "You know they can. Besides-" The elevator suddenly rumbled, causing Aerith and Yuffie to yelp. "What was that!?" Looking out onto the side of the elevator, they saw an explosion erupt from the roof. Debris began to fall along the side of the building. "Oh no." Yuffie muttered. "Gotta believe they made it out." Said Barret. "I hope so." Replied Aerith. "Hey." Nanaki called. "Screw it. We gotta go back." "Hey!" "What Nanaki?" A turret on the nearby elevator began to shoot at the team. "Get down!" Barret exclaimed as he pulled Yuffie and Aerith down.

On the 64th floor of the building, Wedge was making his way up. "It's cool. Everything's cool." He said to himself. The building rumbled violently, causing him to jump. He turned towards the elevator and saw the party descending. "Barret!" Wedge began to head for the stairs where a swarm of Whispers appeared. "Not again!" Wedge tried to bolt it towards the stairs, but the Whispers began to pull him back. "You can't stop me!" He struggled, slowly sliding back and back. "For Biggs... for Jessie... Tifa... and Barret too! I'm sorry guys!" Wedge screamed as he was flung out of the window. "Just... tell me that I made a difference."

The elevator had crashed on the 59th floor. Barret pulled the door opened and helped the others out. "Still in one piece?" He asked. "Yeah. Somehow." Aerith responded in a cough. "Ugh. I feel all dizzy." Yuffie said as she stumbled out of the elevator. As the four began to walk, the next door elevator came down and began to open fire. "Oh you gotta be kidding me!" Barret exclaimed as they made a run for cover. The mech fired a fire ball, forcing Barret to pull Yuffie and Aerith over the railing, causing them to fall and land within the atrium. "Okay, you asked for it, mech!" He challenged as the machine dropped to their level. "Open wide!" Barret began to charge an explosive round as the machine released three drones that began to emit a beam towards it. "Suck on this!" Barret fired the round point blank, however the machine was left unscathed as the drones created a protective film around it. "Take down those drones!" Yuffie informed as the jumped behind pillars to avoid the fire. Yuffie stuck her head out and threw her shuriken, slicing a drone in half. Barret launched an overcharge, destroying the other. "Barrier drones damaged." Announced the operating system of the mech. "Overriding main cannon safety protocols." "That doesn't sound good." Nanaki commented. Aerith charged a magic blast and managed to destroy the final drone.

The protective film on the disappeared. "Defensive systems compromised. Threat level: elevated." The mech charged forward, but the party was easily able to evade. Yuffie used her ninjutsu to make her shuriken surge with electric. Aerith slammed her staff down and created a plasma discharge which caused the mech to target her. Barret followed up by casted a Lightning spell which stunned it. As Yuffie threw her shuriken, Nanaki created a wheel of fire and sent flying towards the mech. The two attacks hit their target, weakening it's torso, revealing the Magitek Core within. "Threat level: maximum." The mech suddenly fired two beams of fire which engulfed the room in flames, leaving only a straight shot between it and the party. "Hit em with everything you've got!" Barret instructed as he and Aerith began to charge Lightning spells. Nanaki charged a Fire spell within his mouth. Yuffie threw her shuriken into the air and used her ninjutsu to clone them and have them surge with electricity. "FIRE!" The party unleashed their onslaught of attacks which easily defeated the mech.

"Damn, does it feel good to be alive!" Barret exclaimed as he took a seat on the ground. "Quite. But we could still die later tonight." Nanaki poised. "The others could be dead already." "The hell they are!" "Then we need to find a way we can all escape. And quickly." "You're right." Aerith agreed. "Let's go."

Moments later, the four arrived at the main lobby on the first floor. "All we gotta do now is find the others." Said Barret. "Uh, guys." The team turned to Yuffie who pointed at the entrance where dozens of Shinra troopers poured in. The aimed their rifles at the four, ready for Heidegger's command as he stepped inside. "Here we are." Laughed the Shinra executive. "So then, what is this ragtag group of misfits I see before me?" "Avalanche!" "Local florist!" "Expert assassin!" "Lab rat dog." Heidegger scoffed. "And where are the rest of you?" "Up your ass." Barret retorted. Heidegger chuckled. "Charming. Though not what I would've chosen as my last words. Secure the Ancient, but feel free to kill the idiot, the assassin, and the dog." "Aerith. You saved my Marlene. Now... it's time I returned the favor." "Wait!" The lobby rang with a loud humming growing closer and closer.

Cloud made his grand entrance in a motorcycle he had taken from a display.

"Cloud!" Aerith called with glee. Cloud used the bike to take distract and take down troops. "Goddammit!" Heidegger cursed as Barret began to open fire. The four heard the screeching of car braking. Tifa and Y/n arrived as well, riding inside a blue truck.

"Need a lift?" Y/n asked as he stepped out of the passenger seat and jumped onto the roof of the car. Aerith and Yuffie jumped into the passenger seat as Barret and Nanaki hopped on the the truck bed. "Stop them, you fool!" Heidegger ordered. "Don't let them escape!" Y/n used a Fire spell which caused the blockade of troops to scatter. Cloud revved his bike and broke through the doors with Tifa driving close behind.

The drives took to the highway, speeding down the road. "Home free fellas!" Barret cheered as he high fived Y/n and tried to high five Nanaki who began to look back at the Shinra building. "I wouldn't celebrate just yet." "Man, you need to lighten up. He'll, you might even try smiling." Nanaki turned to Barret and gave him a smile. "On second thought, maybe frowning suits you better." Nanaki smacked his lips in disappointment. "Don't be mean." Y/n said as he slapped Barret's arm. "Nah, I didn't mean it like that." "Look." Nanaki gestured to the thousands of Whispers circling around in the Shinra building. "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Are you guys seeing this!?" Tifa looked at the side mirror and Cloud looked over his shoulder. The two drives came to a stop and those riding within the truck hopped out to see what was happening.

Within the executive suite of the building, Rufus and Tseng looked on at the Whispers flying inside the building. "What is all this?" "Is something wrong sir?" Rufus remained quiet as he looked at Tseng. His underling nodded and mad a call. "I see. Understood. The men on are on standby, sir. Your orders?" "Bring them in."

"It's like the whole damn building's made of em." Barret commented as the entire building was drowned in a sea of Whispers. "I don't understand." Said Tifa. "What are they doing?" "Who knows..." Aerith replied. "Wedge!" Barret remembered. "You don't think he got caught up in it, do you?" Tifa grew worried. "If he did, I hope he's okay." Nanaki's ears perked up. "They're coming." "The Whispers?" Yuffie asked.

Down the highway, a squad of Shinra troops raced on their own motorcycles. Y/n jumped onto the roof of the truck. "Let's roll!" The party began to board their transportation as Tifa slammed on the gas and Cloud revved the bike. Two Shinra troops tried to attack Cloud, but he managed to block their strikes and slice them down. A rifleman fired at Cloud, but Y/n took them down with his Delta Daggers. Barret rose to his feet to provide more backup. "They're gaining on us Tifa!" Y/n warned. "I can't go any faster!" She replied. "How the hell did we get saddled with this junker!?" Barret exclaimed.

"Sir, we should make haste to move you out of here." Tseng said. The two turned towards the exit, but a mysterious man entered, humming an upbeat tune. "It's seems you've found yourself in a bit of a pickle, boy." "Who are you!?"

"An old business partner of your recently deceased father." The strange man took off his hat in respect. "I offer you my sincerest of condolences." "You're Ardyn Izunia." Said Tseng. "Chancellor of the Empire." "Indeed I am." Rufus grew on edge. "What brings you here to Midgar?" He asked. "I've come to understand that the prince of Lucis is traveling with a quite unsavory group. I'm sure they've caused you much trouble, haven't they." "And what business is that of yours?" "Oh, I don't mean to be nosy, but as Chancellor, it is in the Empire's best interest to that I see to it that their country prosper." The Whispers began to swarm around Ardyn. "Seeing as you find yourself in a situation such as this, I've come to terminate our mutual agreement." "I don't trust this sir." Tseng said to Rufus. Ardyn brushed away at the Whispers. Rufus couldn't get a read on Ardyn's intentions. "Very well. You are free to leave." Rufus wanted the strange man out as quickly as possible. Ardyn laughed. "Apologies, but it is in my best interest to... destory your little company." Ardyn snapped his fingers, causing dark swirls to appear through the suite, as well as the building. Daemons began to pour inside, causing the storm of Whispers to become more potent and agreesive. "You've denied me my fate once." Ardyn spoke to the Whispers. "And if the "Chosen King" can defy his, then I will defy mine." Ardyn released black orb from his hand, causing the Whispers around him to burst. "By no means is this personal, but I have a plan for the world, and I going to make it happen." He conjured a sword and attacked Rufus.

"You're highness, I think you should slow it down." Nanaki warned Y/n who blew up a pursuing helicopter with lightning. "Me and Cloud will take over!" Barret assured as he fired at two cyclists. Y/n panted and nodded. "Okay. I'll take it easy." Cloud charged at another trooper and slashed his bike. An armored truck zoomed passed them and opened its back doors, showing three riflemen. Before they could open fire, Cloud slashed the tires, causing the truck to flip over and take out a Shinra blockade. "Hahaha! And let that be a lesson to you!" Barret cheered. Another chopper began to pursuit them. "Heads up!" Cloud warned. "That chopper's all mine!" Barret fired two explosive rounds, striking the chopper's tail. Cloud followed up by sending a beam slash, slicing it in half. The highway merged into a tunnel where Cloud noticed explosive hanging onto the ceiling. "Get down!" He warned as the charges went off. Before the ceiling could collapse, Whispers held it up, allowing them to pass through. "Guess we owe you another!" Barret exclaimed. "They're on our side now?" "The Whispers intervene not to defend us, but to preserve the flow of destiny." Informed Nanaki.

"We're home free!" Yuffie cheered as the city border came into view. "There's someone standing there!" Y/n alerted. Standing before the border was none other than Sephiroth. Cloud and Tifa pressed down on the brakes as hard as they could. Cloud got off his bike as the others exited the truck. In the blink of an eye, Sephiroth was gone. The team walked through the border and continued down the highway only for black feathers to rain from the sky. Avalanche looked up and above them was Sephiroth, descending to the ground below. "Okay asshole, let's-" Aerith held Barret back. "Don't." She turned to Sephiroth. "And you... you're wrong." "Those who look with clouded eyes see nothing but shadows." Sephiroth replied. "Everything about you is wrong." "All born are bound to her. Should this world be unmade, so too shall her children." "The world won't end today." Said Cloud. "But you..." He drew his sword. "You will." "Listen." A loud hiss rang throughout the sky as the Whispers swarming Shinra Building began to flood around them, shrieking and howling. "Destiny comes." Sephiroth swung Masamune, creating a portal. "I'm waiting, Cloud." He stepped into the portal and disappeared. Cloud began to approach the portal, but Aerith held him back. "This is the point of no return." Warned Aerith. "Destiny's crossroads." "Then why did you stop me?" "I'm not really sure." "What,will we find on the other side?" Tifa asked. "Freedom. Boundless, terrifying freedom. Like a great, never ending sky. What you heard just now we're the voices of the planet. Those born into this world. Who lived and who died. Who returned. They're howling in pain." "Because of him? Sephiroth?" "And one more. Their words... they don't reach them." "Whose the other?" Y/n asked. Aerith looked at Y/n and shook her head. "I'm not sure, but I do know... there's no greater threat to the planet than them." Aerith looked at the portal. "Sephiroth has to be stopped, here and now. He has to be. I'm asking you to help me. I know that, together, we can do this. But if we do... we'll be changing fate itself. If we succeed. If we win... we'll be changing ourselves. I guess... maybe, that's why I hesitated." The Whispers's shrieking once again echoed throughout the sky. "You said it yourself. He has to be stopped." Said Cloud. "And frankly, I've heard enough howling for a lifetime." "We're behind you, Aerith." Y/n assured. "No matter what happens. No matter what comes... we'll face it together." "Never tried to challenge destiny." Tifa commented. "This could well be her last line of defense." Remarked Nanaki. "It won't be easy." "Screw what the planet thinks my fate should be!" Yuffie exclaimed. "I wanna make my own!" The party looked at the portal ahead. "Let's go." Cloud said as he was the first to step inside. Barret watched as his friends entered through the portal one by one. "Wouldn't be the first time I spit in destiny's eye. Whether you can,see the seams or you can't... doesn't change that she's always trying to have it her way." Barret took once last look at Midgar. "Daddy's coming home real soon, honey!" He then stepped into the portal.

Exiting the portal, they found themselves standing before the Midgar border once again. "Don't know about you, but looks normal to me." Said Barret. "Over there!" Aerith pointed at the storm of Whispers in the sky.

The Whispers joined together to form a tornado. "Okay, that ain't right!" Barret exclaimed. "Run!" Y/n shouted as the tornado began to head their way. Suddenly, another tornado blocked the road ahead, drawing closer and closer as the first blocked them in. Having no choice of escape, the tornadoes pulled the team inside as they merged into one.

High above the city of Midgar, within the eye of the storm, a creature began to attack. The Whisper Harbinger

Cloud used the debris to evade the attack, eventually finding his way over to Barret and Tifa. "You're alive!" Exclaimed the former. "Happy to see me?" "Wouldn't go that far." Barret responded with a smile. "So that thing... that's a Whisper too?" Cloud asked as they looked up at the monster. "Looks a lot more like an arbiter of fate than the others." "We can beat them." Tifa remarked. The monster extended his hand, sending three wisps that took forms.

"Bring it on!" Challenged Barret as the three friends took battle stances. Cloud took on the Whisper Rubrum as Barret fought the Whisper Corceo, leaving Tifa to fight the Whisper Viridi. Cloud blocked Rubrum's slash and countered by whipping his blade, managing to strike it's torso. Barret fired at Corceo which caused the Whisper to fall back. Tifa evaded Viridi's strike and countered with a fierce punch to its head. The three Whispers suddenly vanished as the larger one send a heavy push of wind, causing the three to be knocked to thee floor. "Run!" Shouted Cloud as they raced through a collapsing tunnel.

The three Whispers appeared and began to attack as a team. Tifa created a barrier to protect themselves from their onslaught. Barret fired a charge and sent Viridi flying back. Cloud thrusted his blade, managing to strike Corceo. Rubrum swung at Tifa who was able to dodge the attack. Cloud supported the girl by drawing it's attention. Corceo fired two lasers, forcing Tifa and Barret to pirouette and evade. Viridi supported its fellow Whisper by slamming the ground, causing a surge of electricity to push the two back. Corceo casted a Lightning spell, managing to strike Cloud. The larger Whisper also created a storm that sent lighting bolts flying down, striking both Tifa and Barret.

Just as it seemed the three were defeated, Y/n and Yuffie jumped into the fray. The ninja used her ninjutsu to clone her shuriken which were sent flying towards the three Whispers. Viridi and Corceo easily evaded, but Rubrum was struck. Using the opening, Y/n conjured his Engine Blade to warp strike the red Whisper. As Y/n unleashed a series of strikes against Rubrum, it appeared as if the Whisper Harbinger could feel the pain that Rubrum was enduring. "Take this!" Y/n roared as he slashed Rubrum, slicing it in half. Harbinger roared as it's left arm collapsed from its body.

"Are you guys okay?" Yuffie asked as the trio began to stand on their feet. "Thanks. We owe you one." Tifa said. "Guys!" Aerith called as she appeared alongside Nanaki. Corceo and Viridi vanished as Harbinger sent several beams towards the party. The beams were sent through their heads, giving them a vision. Nanaki was running through a mountainous region. "What the hell did we just see?" Barret asked. "A glimpse of tomorrow if we fail here today." Harbinger quickly slammed its right hand down, destroying the platform the party stood on. Y/n, Cloud, Barret, and Nanaki drifted on one piece of the platform as Tifa, Aerith, and Yuffie drifted on another.

The Harbinger reformed it's hand and sent three new wisps towards the party. Corceo and Viridi confronted the boys while Rubrum challenged the girls. "How do we stop these things!?" Questioned Barret. "Well, the big one is way other there." Nanaki gestured to the Harbinger. "However-" "These guys are right there." Interupted Cloud as he drew his sword. Y/n and Nanaki rushed towards Corceo as Cloud and Barret fought Viridi.

Y/n launched Nanaki forward with Ziedrich before warping closer and using his Drain Lance to strike the Whisper. Nanaki evaded a laser and bit down at its throat. As Corceo struggled, it sent a laser towards Y/n who shielded himself, however the force of the beam was slowly pushing Y/n back. "Nanaki!" Y/n called, switching from his lance to a dagger and throwing it at him. Nanaki released his hold and caught the dagger. He began to slash the Whisper, causing the Harbinger to roar in pain. Y/n conjured Hardedge and smashed the blade down, knocking over Corceo. The Harbinger's horn broke as a result.

Cloud blocked a surge of electricity sent by Viridi as Barret launched a explosive round. Viridi was able to evade and punch Barret's stomach. Despite recoiling in pain, Barret smirked and grabbed onto the Whisper. "You ain't going nowhere." He opened fire on Viridi's chest while Cloud jumped in and slashed it's back. Harbinger roared in pain once more as the two defeated Viridi and it's right arm to fall.

The Harbinger launched more beams, this time giving the vision of a massive meteor plummeting towards Earth. "This can't be our future." Tifa said in a gasp. She was caught off guard as Rubrum slashed at her, but Y/n warped towards them and shielded her. Cloud and the others joined the girl's side. "The future is always a blank page." Aerith said.

Rubrum, Viridi, and Corceo appeared once more. "Them again!?" Barret grunted in frustration. "Least they could do is give us a breather!" "I say we split up. Take em down at the same time." Cloud suggested. "In that case, ultra big boy's all mine!" Barret, alongside Nanaki and Yuffie headed towards Harbinger. Rubrum tried to stop them, but Cloud drew its attention by attacking it. "Bring it on, bitch!"

Corceo launched several blasts towards the four, but Y/n used his Delta Daggers to set the off before they could hit them. Rubrum slashed it's blade twice, sending two beams of energy. Cloud countered with two beam slashed of his own. Viridi sent a surge of electricity towards Aerith, bit Tifa protect her with a barrier. Suddenly, the three Whispers began to spin, merging together to form Whisper Bahamut.

The Whisper roared as Y/n and Cloud charged head first towards it. Tifa and Aerith provided support by blasting Bahamut with Lightning spells, stunning it. Y/n conjured Hardedge as he and Cloud lept into the air to strike down the Whisper, however, before two could strike, Bahamut recovered and swiped its tail, sending the two sliding across the highway they fought on. Bahamut roared and spewed a yellow laser surging with blue electricity towards the girls. They managed to evade and Aerith countered with a beam of magic which pierced through Bahamut's chest. Tifa rushed the Whisper and uppercutted it's head, causing Bahamut to split back into Corceo, Rubrum, and Viridi. In their desperation to kill the four, Viridi called down a storm of lightning, Corceo fired its lasers as wildly as it could, and Rubrum danced through the attacks with its bladed hand bursting in flames. Y/n stood tall as he shielded his three friends with Ziedrich. Noticing that Y/n was slowly loosing his footing, Tifa supported him by casting Barrier. Aerith closed her eyes and began to conjure a power magic attack. Cloud readied himself as he thrusted his blade forward, sliding across his friends with Aerith's magical beam at his side. Together, the attacks managed to knock down the three Whispers.

"Now's our chance!" Yuffie annouced as Barret began to charge a fireball. Nanaki charger a ray of light and Yuffie cloned her shuriken and engulfed them in flames. The trio sent their attacks flying towards Harbinger, creating an explosion that weakened the Whisper. It released more rays which struck the group's head. In their mind's eye, they caught a glimpse of Cloud confronting Sephiroth.

"We did it!" Aerith cheered as the three Whispers before them suddenly burst. "Not quite, Aerith." Y/n pointed as the reappeared, but this time taking the form of Bahamut once more. Bahamut charged forward and slammed its fists into the ground below. The impact was strong enough to end the four flying back as Bahamut charged at Cloud, ready to fire a laser. However, Aerith blasted the Whisper's head, causing it to miss. Cloud slashed Bahamut's chest and jumped away. The Whisper roared and fired a scatter shot of yellow blasts, but Y/n and Tifa used Lightning spells to have them burst near Bahamut. "Together!" Cloud exclaimed as he lead the charge with Y/n and Tifa following, leaving Aerith to charge a magical attack. Cloud lept into the air and slashed Bahamut's chest. Y/n used his Engine Blade to slash across the Whisper's chest, as if making an 'x'. Tifa followed up by punching Bahamut's chests, weakening the Whisper further. Aerith finished her charge and sent a solid white beam through Bahamut's chest. "FINISH IT GUYS!" Tifa shouted at the others, who repeated their previous attack.

Harbinger released more rays of light towards the party as it howled in pain. This time, the image of Y/n confronting an unknown man within the ruins of a city appeared in their mind. "Did we beat him?" Tifa asked. "Don't think so." Cloud responded as Harbinger slammed its fists onto the highway, but in it's weakened state, could only lay idly. "Let's finish it!" Cloud exclaimed as he, Y/n, Tifa, Yuffie, and Nanaki charged Harbinger to strike, pierce, pummel, slash, and scratch it's chest. "Fire in the hole!" Barret warned as the five jumped away from Barret's fireball and Aerith's magical beam.

Harbinger exploded and in the blink of an eye, the party found themselves standing on a pool of water surrounded by a white ethereal light. "Where are we?" Asked Cloud. Aerith shook her head, as she too was unaware of where they were transported to. "I'm waiting, Cloud." Sephiroth said ominously into Cloud's ear. The white light was quickly replaced by a red, hellish glow that swallowed their surroundings. "What the hell is this!?" Gasped Barret. "This is-" Nankaki was interupted as a meteor crashed down onto the party. They opened their eyes and saw a man standing within. "Sephiroth." Cloud muttered. The meteor soon dissipated into Sephiroth, leaving him standing upon a broken pillar. The man lifted his hand into the air, causing a Shinra building to fly towards the party. They quickly made a run for it as the building collapsed, forcing them to split off.

Cloud landed on a platform and was soon joined by Sephiroth. The two drew their swords and glared at one another. "Let's finish this!" Cloud grunted as he dashed forward and slashed his blade, only for Sephiroth to easily block it. Sephiroth pushed Cloud away. "Fate is not to be taken lightly, Cloud." Sephiroth casted a Fire spell which Cloud blocked. "Shut up!" Sephiroth followed up his spell by lunging forward and swinging his blade, however Cloud was able to parry the attack and slash his torso. Despite landing a hit, there was no indication that Sephiroth had even felt the attack. "Come Cloud." Sephiroth used the hilt of Masamune and knocked Cloud into the air. Sephiroth managed to slash Cloud twice, causing the blonde to howl in pain. Cloud was able to get away and counter with a flurry of attacks from his own. Despite having struck Sephiroth multiple times, he wasn't in as much pain as Cloud was. Masamune was engulfed in a purple flame as Sephiroth swung it, sending multiple beam slashed to Cloud who barely managed to block them.

Sephiroth pulled pieces of concrete together to form a massive ball that he sent hurdling towards Cloud. Fortunately for him, Aerith destroyed the ball. "Did ya miss me?" She asked, joining the fight alongside Cloud. "Not really." Cloud responded. "He's tough." "Yeah, so what? Screw him." Sephiroth casted an Aero spell that knocked Cloud over. He set his sight in Aerith who began to send magical blasts that he easily evaded or struck. Cloud jumped in and clashed sword with Sephiroth. However, the Masamune wielder lept into the air and slammed his blade into the ground, creating a shockwave that sent the two falling over.

As the two looked up, Sephiroth suddenly sprung a black wing from his back.

From his free hand, he blasted Cloud and Aerith, sending them flying into another platform and holding them down. Sephiroth appeared before Cloud which Masamune ready to finish him off. Suddenly, Tifa charged towards him and kicked him away. Y/n warped towards Sephiroth and slashed his Engine Blade down onto Masamune. "Y/n!/Tifa!" Cloud and Aerith called as the binding holding them down disappeared.

Sephiroth smirked sinisterly at Y/n. "The Chosen King. Now he defies fate. Going against the destiny already planned for him." Y/n strained as he tried to forced Masamune down. "You don't know me." Sephiroth chuckled. "I know enough." He pushed Y/n off and tried to slash him, but Y/n warped back to the others.

Sephiroth suddenly sprung forward, swinging his Masamune with grace and speed. Y/n was fortunately able to shield Tifa, who in the blink of an eye, we're already fighting before her. Cloud jumped in and tried to steer Sephiroth away from Y/n by thrusting his blade forward. Sephiroth ascended into the air and created a tornado with Aero which sent Y/n and Cloud away. Aerith launched a Lightning spell which Sephiroth was able to evade. The long swordsman thrusted forward, however, Tifa was able to kick away the sword before it had impaled Aerith. "Silly girl." Sephiroth raised his hand, using Shadow Flare, trapping Tifa within a dark ball which burst, causing Tifa to be knocked down. "Tifa!" Aerith cried as she tried to mend her injuries. Sephiroth moved towards the girls, but Y/n and Cloud stepped between them. Sephiroth smirked and swung his hand, sending a Blizzard spell their way. Y/n and Cloud thrusted their swords forward and easily shattered through the ice. Y/n threw his Engine Blade and warped before Sephiroth. However, before Y/n swung his sword, he phased through Cloud's vertical slash before he sent a horizontal slash. Both attacks managed to Sephiroth who jumped back.

From his wing, Whisper began to appear around the arena as Sephiroth lifted his sword and with a thunder clap, a meteor appeared in the sky. Tifa was now back on her feet and, alongside Aerith, joined Y/n and Cloud. Sephiroth tried to attack Tifa with Shadow Flare, however the girl knew what to expect and easily avoided the attack. Sephiroth suddenly stopped attacking and began to countdown from ten. "Nine." Y/n and Cloud lept into the air and began to synchronize their attacks. "Eight." Losing their air time, Tifa jumped after and pummeled Sephiroth with an array of powerful punches and swift kicks. "Seven." Tifa soon fell back to the platform. Aerith fired a white laser that struck Sephiroth. Cloud roared and jumped towards Sephiroth once more. His attacks became more violent, however coordinated and with one upwards slash, Sephiroth halted his countdown.

The meteor suddenly vanished as Sephiroth grabbed his chest. His wing disappeared and four Whispers were released. The Whisperes quickly targeted the four, but an onslaught of fire attacks caused them to flee. "Yuffie!" "Barret!" "Nanaki!" Exclaimed Y/n, Tifa, and Aerith as their friends joined the fight. Cloud smiled and nodded at his friends as the party stood united against Sephiroth. He was defiant and readied himself. "We can do this." Motivated Aerith. "We can. We can change it. Make it right!" Sephiroth lept into the air and released a horde of Whispers. Aerith waved her staff, creating a surge of electricity that scattered the Whispers. Nanaki lept into the air and slashed through a Whisper. Tifa jumped forward and punched through another. "Cloud!" Exclaimed Tifa and Aerith as the blonde dashed forward, using debris as launching points. "GOOOO!" Barret roared as he fired at Whispers trying to stop his friend. Cloud cut his way through Whispers and jumped off of a concrete panel. He lifted his Buster sword over his head and brought it down towards a smiling Sephiroth. The long swordsman burst into a wave of Whispers that quickly pulled together and emitted an ethereal light. The world around them shook as time seemed to stop.

Cloud opened his eyes and found himself standing on a rock in what appeared to be space. His grabbed his ringing head and whinced in pain. Sephiroth approached the Ex-SOLDIER pulled him up. "Careful now. That which lies ahead... does not yet exist." Cloud jumped away. "Our world will become a part of it... one day." Sephiroth said as he looked up into the infinite possibility of stars. "But I will not end. Nor will I have you end." "This is..." "The edge of creation. Cloud, lend me your strength." Sephiroth extended his hand. "Let us defy destiny... together." Cloud looked at his hand for a fleeting second, he felt his hand move, only to ball it into a fist. Cloud brandished his Buster sword and glared at Sephiroth. "Never." Sephiroth smiled and readied his Masamune. Cloud dashed forward and two began to clash steel. Both of their attacks were perfectly blocked and countered, as if they knew what their next move would be and knew how to react to it. Cloud used his speed to try and flank Sephiroth, but he was able to anticipate Cloud's attacks. The two locked blades and Sephiroth looked onto Cloud's hateful eyes. "Not yet." Sephiroth pushed Cloud back, but he quickly slid foward and struck Cloud's sword off of his hands. The blonde turned to his blade, unable to face Sephiroth. "Seven seconds till the end." Sephiroth whispered into Cloud's ear, causing his blond hair to stand on edge. "Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it? Let's see." Cloud turned to Sephiroth, but he was no longer there. Any trace left of him was a lone black feather that danced in the air.

Meanwhile, back at Shinra Building, the Whispers had completely left and the once ornate and well decorated building was left in ruin at the hands of Ardyn Izunia and his Daemons. While his Daemons destroyed and killed what they could, Ardyn wandered through the building, attacking those that tried to interfere. Rufus managed to escape, thanks to Tseng who gave his life for the president. Scarlet and Reeve were fortunate to escape, however Heidegger, Palmer, and Hojo had not. Heidegger met his end by a swarm of Flan that completely dissolved his body. Palmer was blown to bits by Bombs. Hojo brutally met his demise at the hands of Ardyn who Daemonied his body, turning the man into the spitting image of one his creations before Ardyn pierced through his heart. As it stood, Ardyn sat on President Shinra's chair and rested his feet on his desk. "It seems that the prince and his friends have emerged victorios." He smirked. "Or so it seems."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

15.9K 798 107
Dr. Jocasta Ernchester and Dr. Lucrecia Crescent had grown up together, studied together, worked for Shinra together. Jocasta has come to loath Shinr...
Revive HoneyB द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

11.5K 434 19
Two weeks after the final battle against Sephiroth, Cloud's past has come back. Visions of his parents haunt him in his dreams and since he is severe...
62K 1.5K 20
Love story Cloud hasn't got much over with the fact of Aerith's death. He stays in his own little dark world, not noticing how his loved ones are...
333 7 1
After leaving his family for weeks to die in the gallows of illness, guilt and depression, Cloud has to figure out how he is going to come home and m...