Exile

By Sathvikaa03

PAIN CHANGES PEOPLE, IT MAKES THEM TRUST LESS AND SHUT PEOPLE OUT.... Agastya met a family in this phase of h... More

CHARACTER SKETCH
GAUTAM BROTHERS
AMRITA SINGHAL
1. AGASTYA ANAND!!
2. TROUBLE??!!
3. THE AKSHAT GAUTAM!!
4. ANJALI'S BIRTHDAY!!!
5. EMOTIONAL TURMOIL!!
6. MOTHER AND SON!!!
7. EXAM FEVER!!
8. RESPONSIBILITY!!
9. REALISATION!!
10. GAUTAM BROTHERS - a glimpse of past!!
11. APOLOGY!
12. FORGIVENESS!!
13. I WANT HIM BACK!!
14. A REACTION!!
15. A TRUCE!!
16. TAKING LIBERTIES WILL ONLY HURT!!
17. 8 MONTHS OF SILENCE!!
18. TEMPORARY PROFESSOR ?!!
20. AGASTYA - THE OVER PROTECTIVE BOYFRIEND??!!
21. AGASTYA'S ANGER!!
22. MEMORIES OF THE WOMAN THEY LOVED!!
23. HONEST EFFORTS!!
24. ANJALI AND HER PARI !!
25. PATIENCE!!
26. WALK OUT!!
27. REALISATIONS AND RECONCILIATIONS!!
28. SERIES OF SUICIDES?
29. HARIKA'S VERSION OF AGASTYA!!
30. MISSION SUCCESSFUL!!
31. ADVITYA ANAND GAUTAM!!
32. AGASTYA'S MANTRA FOR SURVIVAL!!!
33. MURDER MYSTERY!!!
34. DESTINY'S PLOY??
35. END OF EXILE??
BOOK - 2

19. THEY WILL LEARN TO LIVE WITHOUT ME!!

481 74 24
By Sathvikaa03

Anjali, how much ever she tried, couldn't remove the picture of Agastya's "smile" from her head. If the boy was really having a bad day, he could have avoided smiling completely, instead of throwing one at her face. Is he retreating back into his shell?! If yes, why and what could be the reason??? She was lost in her thoughts when she got startled by Harika.

When Harika reached home, she was super hungry. She didn't have her breakfast properly and she actually concentrated in Agastya's class, burning more calories. She walked to her mother straight and hugged her "Bahutt Bhook lagi hai Mumma!!" She whined, as she snuggled into Anjali who hugged her back.

Anjali frowned at her daughter "Class jaldi khatam hogayi?" She asked in confusion. Harika nodded in response. Anjali asked about Agastya while Harika stiffened, which didn't go unnoticed by Anjali. Harika pulled back "Aate hi honge vo. Par mujhe bahut bhook lagi hai!!!" She kind of yelled.

"Kitchen mein kheer hai..." Before Anjali could finish, Harika ran into the kitchen, took Kheer in a bowl and ran upstairs. Anjali found her daughter's behavior very odd. Something is terribly wrong but she decided to take some more time before she could conclude.

Agastya, on the other hand didn't feel like going home. He went to a house where he is welcomed anytime, not before asking someone to inform Anjali that he won't be home for Lunch.

A couple in their 60s, looked up surprised when Agastya walked into the house. They put off the TV immediately and got up, with a smile. Woman went in to get some water and Agastya bent down to take the Man's blessings. Agastya and the man settled down, when the woman approached them with water.

"Kaise ho aap dono?" Agastya asked them warmly, which is reciprocated by the elder couple in 10 fold. They talked, about everything and anything. The old man complained about how his wife is being careless in taking tablets on time while the woman commented on her husband's awful cigarette habit.

More than half of the time, they bickered with each other, keeping Agastya fully entertained. He had a smile on his face all the time. Their banter was filled with laughter and affection, a testament to the decades of companionship and partnership. A twinge of sadness tried to rush through him at the thought of him never being able to have such partnership but he pushed it away. He didn't let his past stop him from appreciating the love he witnessed and the warmth it brought.

Time passed in a blur. Agastya had lunch, watched Local News with them, argued a couple of minutes about some politics, in which he isn't remotely interested. The woman kept bringing something or the other to eat and he didn't deny her anything. He ate everything she offered and also made some demands just to make them happy.

The elder couple were happy to say the least. Their son's demanding job in the city, which financially rewarding, didn't give the luxury of seeing him as often as they would have liked. Yet, they never complained. The love between them is still the same and that is the only thing they wanted.

"Baat hui aapki aapke bete ke sath?" Agastya asked in the middle of a conversation, to which the old man replied with a smile "Aaj call aayega uski. Usika intezaar kar rahe hai hum." As if on cue, the phone rang and the happiness on the couple's face was just priceless. Agastya smiled at that but he froze, when the couple gave him the phone instead of lifting it. He looked at them who smiled "Usne kaha ki jab bhi tum ghar aaoge, tumhe phone dene ke liye. Baat karlo tum dono. Hum andar intezaar karte hai."

Agastya lifted the call and Vivek didn't waste time. He told everything regarding Kotharis' and what Advitya is up to. Agastya listened to everything patiently and not even once did he loose his calm. He didn't want Vivek to know anything about his emotional turmoil. If Vivek has to survive at Advitya, without revealing his secret, Vivek should know nothing about his pain.

"Sir, aap sun rahe ho? Aapko kuch karna padega, Sir!! Company ka satyanaash kardenge aapke Bhai." Vivek kind of complained.

"Who is the Chairman, Vivek?" Agastya questioned, effectively silencing Vivek. After few seconds of silence, Agastya spoke again "You will support Advitya in whatever he does, Vivek. Advitya Gautam is the present and future of Gautam Industries. I can vouch that Advitya won't do anything that could effect the company. If he signed a deal with Kotharis, I am sure the papers are fool proof. I know him, Vivek. You have nothing to worry about. Am I clear?" Agastya spoke in a no - nonsense tone!

Vivek felt like bashing himself for complaining about Advitya near Agastya. Ofcourse, the man would support his brother and if Agastya Gautam himself is vouching, he definitely had nothing to worry about. "Crystal!!" He replied.

"Do you have anything else to say?" Agastya asked.

"Aravind Mittal committed suicide a week ago. His son is now taking over the legacy."

"Do you suspect his son to be involved in the group?" Agastya asked, his voice suspiciously calm.

"I don't have any proofs."

"If you find any proof, then I want a newspaper with headlines that his son, committed suicide too." Agastya's voice turned cold and uncompromising. "How many more are left?"

"We are close."

Agastya nodded "Anything else, Vivek?"

Vivek softened his voice "They need you, sir."

Agastya's eyes misted. He blinked back his tears "They will learn to live without me, Vivek. I want them to learn.." He took a deep breathe "living without me. I want them to get used to it! Anything else?" He asked. When Vivek had nothing left to say, he cut the call.

Agastya felt like hiding in his room and cry, when he walked out of Vivek's house, but he schooled his emotions and put on his trademark smile. He got stalled in between, talking to the villagers and he was grateful for it. He didn't wished to be alone. He wanted to make himself busy but he had nothing to do. By the time Agastya reached home, living room was super calm. Silence grated on him like anything. He walked into the kitchen and decided to cook some food. He pulled out what all he wanted and started cooking, like it was his life mission. He didn't think much about the menu and just went with the flow. Surprisingly, no one walked into the kitchen and he didn't even notice that.

Anjali was surprised to find Agastya in the kitchen. She was thinking of asking him directly about his behavior and there couldn't be a better time. But she stopped in her tracks when she observed him closely. He is cooking as if his life depended on it. She knew that kind of cooking. The boy is trying to keep himself busy and that explains why he is cooking on a Wednesday night. As much as she wanted to ask him the reason for his urge to keep himself busy, she stopped herself and walked out, giving him the space he needed. She made sure no one disturbed him.

After 2 hours of cooking different varieties, Agastya walked out of kitchen. He is surprised to find everyone waiting at the table already. Their hungry expressions didn't go unnoticed by him and he didn't waste anytime. With the help of Anjali, he brought all the dishes to the table and they were surprised to find so many dishes.

Raghav started reciting the names of dishes opening all the lids and not until then did Agastya realise that he cooked his family's favourites. He added a leafy vegetable into each one of them, a habit he thought he got rid off. Those are all fusion of atleast 2 to 3 vegetables, the attempts of his desperate self to include vegetables in his brother's lifestyle. But when he heard Aloo Palak, he froze.

That was his girl's favourite. She hated Palak but she loved Aloo Palak, cooked by him. Countless memories, countless dates, countless gifts and countless surprises... Her extra-ordinary self, her personality, her... Her everything jogged through his memory. A wave of guilt hit him by force.

Harika on the other hand is disheartened as soon as she looked at the dishes. There is nothing she likes in that menu. And she felt bad about it. Agastya's indifference affected her much more than she imagined. Agastya is a fantastic teacher but Harika didn't like him in the class. He had a fake smile on his face all through out. His teaching style didn't resemble the one he has while teaching her.

Why was he different with her?

Was she special?

If she was indeed special, then why would he treat her like everyone does?

If she is that special, then why did he treat like he treated everybody in the class? The man didn't even look at her with a hint of recognition in his eyes.

She is confused, hurt and irritated with everything.

The fact that he didn't even inform her about that temporary thing pissed her off.

And now this!

She didn't like it when he scolded her and now she is hating when he put her at a distance. She didn't know what she wanted or liked anymore. She so badly wanted to confront her bhaiyya but she is out of words. What would she say anyway?! The fault laid at her feet. She is the one who bypassed him, like he meant nothing, and she is the one who distanced herself, when all he did was respect her choices without a question, unlike everyone and he is doing the same, even now!! She looked at him helplessly and when he didn't even spare her a glance, she got up from her seat and the screeching sound of that chair startled Agastya.

"Mujhe bhook nahi hai." She said and walked away before someone could stop her.

Agastya who was fighting to not give into his memories, is now hit with the same memories. He failed and he didn't feel like eating anymore. He got up as well "Maine already khaliya Maa. Aap sab bhi kha lijiye." He told Anjali before he walked out

Pratyaksha who is a silent spectator just like everyone else, didn't know how to react to it. She didn't like it when Harika used to run behind Agastya but now that her sister is not doing it, she didn't feel good. The lost look on Agastya's face didn't go unnoticed by her. The man was always a mystery to her but he maintained a calm face every time, which he didn't do now. Harika, the only one who could cheer Agastya also walked away. She should be happy but she is not. She realised that as much as she envied the bond Agastya shared with Harika, she admired it with all her heart. She didn't understand what to do with that realisation.

Anjali noticed everything and she came to her conclusions. Something is wrong with Agastya and Harika. And by the looks of it, her elder daughter is aware of it. She waited for them to finish their dinner and cornered Pratyaksha. She felt oddly protective of Agastya and if his lost looks and sad smiles had anything to do with her daughters, they are going to have it from her!! According to her, there is nothing that can validate hurting Agastya. The boy gave them zero reasons to hurt him in any way. He is patient, helpful, sweet and on the top of everything, he is family!! It took him months to let any of them inside, and she can't have anyone to disrupt that!!

Agastya bolted his door and checked it twice before he opened a cupboard, whose existence is known to no one but him. He took out the laptop, checked his internet connection and started his work. His girl's smiling face, flashed infront of him and it only determined him to finish his work. Once he started, he lost track of time. But it's all worth it. He couldn't wait for the morning newspaper.

Share your thoughts!!

Lots of Love!!
Sathvika!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 659 25
We all thought that time heal the wound but it is not true always, sometime we get used to pain with time. Time give chance to heal ourselves if only...
47.1K 2.2K 58
Agastya had a past and so did Naina Agastya had his share of amount of loss and pain and so did Naina There is one factor which pulls them towards ea...
1M 43K 57
Cover credit - IamSumayya Highest ranking - #2 multiple times They were different in thoughts...they were different in opini...
8.2K 726 10
Three cousin brothers, each with a shattered spirit and a painful past. Their lives are about to take a dramatic turn when fate forces them to live t...