Tidal | Neuvillette

Por dearmywinter

๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด... Mรกs

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVI

XX

323 12 20
Por dearmywinter

   - Don't listen to a liar -

It's a big and dark world out there... full of dangerous entities and rules. Wake up.

...y/n, did you really think you were capable?

You're just as stupid as your parents, look where that led them.

I have you that box for a reason, take it with gratitude. Don't you want to feel the strength of others... or are you going to remain weak forever.

I gave you a beacon of hope. Why don't you use it wisely..?

...

This isn't a dream.

This is a nightmare.

Wake up, y/n. Wake up and live another day of  vulnerability in the harsh world. Though adorned in beauty's cloak, time's relentless march knows no pause for grace.

...

"Huh..."

Y/N's eyes fluttered open, her surroundings slowly coming into focus as she blinked away the remnants of sleep. As she took in her surroundings, she found herself in a room bathed in soft morning light, the gentle glow of dawn filtering in through the curtains.

Confusion washed over her as she took in her unfamiliar surroundings, her mind struggling to piece together the events of the previous night. She sat up slowly, her senses coming alive as she took in the details of the room—the elegant furnishings, the polished wood floors, the faint scent of lavender lingering in the air.

For a moment, she was overcome by a sense of disorientation, her thoughts swirling with questions and uncertainty. Where was she? How had she ended up here?

What happened last night..? She aimed to recollect her thoughts.

"I was taking a walk... it was sunny.. hm.. there was a ruin guard..."

"oh right... there was a ruin guard."

As she sat on the edge of the bed, the events of the previous night played over in her mind like scenes from a vivid dream. She couldn't shake the sense of bewilderment that washed over her, the realization slowly sinking in as she pieced together the fragments of memory that lingered in the recesses of her mind.

"Get out of my mind, Tartaglia."

She slapped herself gently on the forehead, laying down on the linen sheets of a stranger's place of  sanctuary of slumber's cradle.

"Why did you come back just to haunt me.."

She shortly realised someone had most likely found her and took her into hospitality. But as she took a closer look around the room, she began to notice the small details that circled her—a framed photograph on the bedside table, a stack of books on the shelf, a familiar hair piece sitting on a nearby chair.

"Wait..."

"Nah... I'm hallucinating."

As she sat in the quiet stillness of the room, contemplating the mysteries of the night before, she knew that only time would reveal the answers she sought. But for now, she allowed herself to bask in the warmth and comfort of her surroundings, grateful for the unexpected hospitality.

Realisation soon learned to be her foe.

With a shaky breath, she looked down at her hands.

Her gaze shifted to the bed beneath her, breath catching in her throat as she took in the sight of the once pristine sheets now stained with dark splotches of blood. Panic surged through her veins as she recoiled from the gruesome scene, her mind racing with a flurry of questions and fears. How had this happened? What had transpired in the darkness of the night?

With trembling hands, she reached out to touch the stained fabric, her fingers tracing the outlines of the crimson marks with a mixture of horror and disbelief. Each stain told a silent tale of violence and despair, a stark reminder of the darkness that lurked within the shadows.

As she sat amidst the ruins of her innocence, a sense of dread washed over her, threatening to engulf her in its icy embrace. But amidst the chaos and uncertainty, there was a glimmer of determination—a resolve to uncover the truth and confront the demons that haunted her restless dreams.

And as she rose from the bed, her hands stained with the evidence of her nightmares, she knew that she must steel herself for the challenges that lay ahead. For in the heart of darkness, there was always a flicker of light waiting to be found—a beacon of hope amidst the shadows that had threatened to consume her soul.

The source of the sanguine fluid was her upper arm. The ruin guard had left it's brutal legacy... and it hadn't stopped bleeding.

The pristine white sheets, once untouched by blemish, now bore the crimson imprint of life's sorrowful essence.

"Fuck..."

...

"What do I even do now.."

She winced at the sudden rush of pain in her upper arm. In the quiet of the room, an oppressive stillness hung heavy in the air, each moment weighed down by the unspoken weight of sorrow and regret.

"You're finally awake—"

The familiar voice carried a commanding presence, resonating with authority and conviction. Each word was measured and deliberate, conveying a sense of confidence and assurance. There was a hint of warmth beneath the surface, tempered by a steely resolve that spoke to his unwavering dedication to justice. Like a hypnotic velvety sound.

And of course, it was indeed Neuvillette whose voice echoed through the room, his presence a reassuring anchor in the midst of uncertainty.

"I discovered you lying there, bathed in sunlight and blood, amidst the ancient ruins of the Fontaine region," the Chief explained solemnly, his words carrying the weight of the scene he had stumbled upon. "You had me worried... so I brought you back here for further care.."

"Neuvillette..."

"Hm?"

"My arm..."

"I'm so sorry, chief."

His gaze drifted to her arm, where a crimson stain marred the fabric of her sleeve—a vivid reminder of the ordeal she had endured.

"Why are you sorry...?"

"I got blood everywhere." The crimson hues of blood, like whispered echoes from the past, stirred dormant demons within her soul. Each droplet had been a silent witness to the untold stories of pain and anguish she had buried deep within the recesses of her heart. As she had stood on the precipice of memory's abyss, the weight of past traumas had threatened. Even a glance at the red substance, brought back crashing memories like vicious tidal waves.

"This isn't your fault."

The Chief's eyes softened with concern as he took in the sight of her injuries, a pang of empathy tugging at his heart. He knelt beside her, his expression a mix of compassion and determination as he had sought to understand the extent of her wounds. With a gentle touch, he reached out to assess her injuries, his movements careful and deliberate as he sought to provide her with the aid she needed. "Please, allow me."

She had felt herself growing increasingly weak and disoriented, her senses dulled by the overwhelming tide of emotions crashing over her like relentless waves against the shore. Each breath had been a struggle, her strength ebbing away with each passing moment as she had fought to stay conscious amidst the turmoil threatening to engulf her. "Mm..."

"Y/n..?"

"Hm..?"

"Are you still with me...?"

"I... I think..."

His hands moved with practiced precision as he tended to her injuries, his touch gentle yet sure as he cleansed the wounds with antiseptic solution. With each careful motion, he worked to soothe her discomfort, his movements a testament to his expertise and dedication to her well-being.

"Talk to me."

"...mhm.."

"Those strawberry cakes your cafe sell... are exquisite, you know..?"

"I have.... recipe for them." She told, with a slight edge and grunt in her words.

As he applied bandages and dressings, he did so with a gentle touch, mindful of her pain and striving to alleviate it as best he could. His words were soft and reassuring, offering comfort and encouragement in the face of adversity.

"A recipe? My... I don't think my baking skills are to such ability.."

She winced at the gentle pressure of his ministrations, a fleeting flash of discomfort crossing her features as he tended to her injuries with meticulous care. Despite the pain, she remained still, her trust in his expertise outweighing the temporary discomfort. The pain caused her muscles to grab onto the fabric of his dress shirt.

"Easy... I'm just preventing more blood. Just breathe..."

Throughout the process, the Chief remained by her side, a steadfast presence in her time of need. He listened attentively to her concerns, offering words of wisdom and compassion as he helped her navigate the physical and emotional toll of her ordeal.

She had been losing blood rapidly, each heartbeat a stark reminder of the precious life force draining from her weakened body. With each passing moment, her strength waned, her vision blurring as the world around her faded into darkness.  In his care, she found a sense of comfort and safety, knowing that she was not alone in her struggle.

"I'm so weak..."

"You're not weak, you're human."

"That makes me weak."

"He... he told me I was weak."

"He?"

"He. Tartaglia..."

"And you're going to listen to him..? Foolish mistake."

"He's not wrong."

...

"Don't talk about yourself with such negative connotation. You aren't weak."

"... at least I don't think you are."

He tied the bandage with such care, hoping to not cause her any form of further pain. Yet she held her grip on his sleeve.

"You should get some sleep..."

"Sleep..."

"Your arm isn't bleeding any more..."

He made his way to the door of the room.

"Aren't you gonna stay with me...?" The lack of blood had begun to take its toll, her words emerging in fragmented whispers, each one a struggle against the encroaching haze of unconsciousness.

"..."

"Of course I am... I'm just... going to clean up a little bit."

She smiled gently. "Okay... come back soon..."

He gently shut the door behind him. When left, the chief took a glance at the blood, the Scarlett elixir staining his gloves.

"...When I get my hands on that fatui boy..."

He cursed to himself quietly.

"...I promise you'll be in safe hands with me."

                        weeeeeeeee 700+ reads

                       mwah to u all tbh xoxoxo

         also would u guys kill me if I ended the book
              in an earth shatteringly angsty way..

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

282K 12.1K 49
๐Ÿ„พ๐Ÿ„ฝ ๐Ÿ„ถ๐Ÿ„พ๐Ÿ„ธ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ถ Genshin x Female Reader Genshin Impact. A world unlike anything she's ever been before, truly living up to its fantasy genre. A girl...
11.1K 504 27
Furina is dealing with the aftermath of the trauma that unfolded in her five hundred years of living as an Archon. The prophecy and the flood have le...
82.8K 1.5K 11
๐’๐‡๐Ž๐– ๐Œ๐„ ๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐’๐‚๐€๐‘๐’, ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐‹๐„๐“ ๐Œ๐„ ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐€๐๐˜๐–๐€๐˜ [Monsieur Neuvillette x M! reader - GENSHIN AU] #003 โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ ...
73.3K 1.9K 27
"...the stars do not simply tell fates, they also have one of their own." Basically we replace paimon and it's just the main story + some of the even...