High Stakes

By TaintedBloodBooks

๐ต๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“€ #๐Ÿฃ ๐ต๐“๐‘œ๐‘œ๐’น ๐’ฏ๐“‡๐’พ๐’ถ๐“๐“ˆ โ†ฌ The future looks grim for Darien Valentine. After being betrayed by hi... More

READ FIRST
Dedication
Copyright
Prison Break (Darien)
Don't Blow It (Darien)
King of the Mountain (Noah)
The Hard Truth (Darien)
Saying Goodbye (Darien)

The News is Grim (Noah)

20 12 8
By TaintedBloodBooks

A/N: roll-call, who's here? 

The room smelled like sex.

My eyes rolled back into my skull–it was like lips formed by the gods were wrapped around me, which I guess was the case. "Fuck," I moaned, gripping at his hair and thrusting into the warm, holy temple of his mouth. "Oh fuck–fuck! I'm so close! I'm so.... Wait, wait, stop."

Madrick was breathy as he surfaced from underneath the mess of sweat-covered, white blankets. "Stop?" His eyebrows furrowed. "Not what I'm used to hearing from you."

Now my eyes rolled for another reason before I focused on the TV screen, which was mounted to the hotel room wall, and then I turned up the volume of the news report that had been playing on mute. I had only seen it for a second–actually, it was a fragment of a second, but it was enough to make me lose my erection.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I murmured.

The tagline read: PRINCE DARIEN ESCAPES MONETARY BAY. I watched the television in utter disbelief as it showed the jail, which had apparently been blown to smithereens–killing hundreds...HUNDREDS of vampires.

"Well, fuck," said Madrick, rolling a joint with grave precision. "I don't know whether to be impressed or concerned."

I stared at him. "Concerned."

He nodded. "Right. Well, at least he's not dead."

"He's going to be dead, Madrick! If not by the empire, then by me!" I growled. "He killed hundreds of people! Hundreds! Everyone knows law 208 - if you're going to escape from bloody prison, at least don't bloody kill anyone!"

"Yes, but," he gestured toward the television, "at least he wasn't inside the prison when it exploded. You know, glass half full."

"That would've been the better option!" I snapped. "At least it would've been fast. With the bounty he's going to have put on his head after this stunt, it's going to be a bloodbath! And not only that but inmates were killed too–that's a lot of pissed-off bad guys. So basically, every man and his dog is going to be after Darien. He will be killed on sight–no trial and that's only if the empire finds him. If it's someone with a bounty or a pissed-off brother from an inmate he exploded, well, I imagine it's going to be torture tactics."

Madrick's lips pursed so hard they nearly disappeared into his mouth–the place where I should be right now. Instead, I was apparently dealing with my insubordinate progeny.

"Why didn't you warn me this would happen?" I asked Mad.

He glowered. "Well, I was a bit bloody distracted...."

I stared at him, slipping back into my pants. "Take me to his location."

Mad stared back at me. "I can't. He's warded, which means he's either smart enough to carve runes into his skin every fifteen minutes, or with my sister."

"Give me your phone."

He hesitated, which should've been a red flag.

I exhaled, standing and doing my button-up as I looked back at him. "I'm not going to go through it. I just want to contact Rose."

Madrick's expression seemed reluctant before he handed me his phone, and I took it, staring at the message on the screen. More specifically, the name on the screen. Bryan.

I looked back at Madrick. "Who the fuck's Bryan?"

His face said, 'Oh shit,' but his mouth replied, "No one," as he shrugged.

"Hm." I stepped back a little. "Well, you won't mind me opening it if it's no one...."

Madrick nearly dove over the bed as I opened his phone, seeing a whole lot of skin before he teleported and snatched the phone away from me, but he was too late. I'd already seen it and my teeth were sharp, and I was ravenous as I shoved him backward.

A cock picture.

He had a cock picture on his phone!

And it wasn't even a good-angled one.

"You said you weren't going to go through it!" was his argument.

"Seriously?" I stared at him in utter disbelief. "You're sexting with some guy as you're sucking me off! What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"I wasn't sexting with him!" he claimed.

I gestured toward his phone. "So he just happened to magically send you an unsolicited picture right as you're blowing me?"

Madrick shrugged. "Yeah."

"Okay, show me your phone then." I held out my hand.

He backed up a little and leered. "No. Show me yours."

"I don't have mine."

"Well, isn't that convenient.... We meet up, and you happen to forget your phone."

"I didn't forget it," I could feel the harshness in my stare as I looked at him. "It's dead like my attraction for you."

Madrick groaned, throwing his head back dramatically. "I wasn't sexting with him, okay? I was–you've ignored me for weeks! So I joined a few apps, and I've just been talking with some guys, and Chad wanted to meet up, so I guess he was trying to give me incentive...."

"Chad?" I blinked.

"What?"

"Who the fuck is Chad?!"

"What?" He seemed surprised. "The guy who sent the pic, wasn't it?"

"No! That was Bryan–we're arguing about Bryan!"

"Oh, no, I meant Bryan," he said.

"You're actually fucked," I told him. "And you can tell Bryan that his little chode isn't going to get you going anywhere."

"Can we stay on topic, please? You're angry at Darien–Darien, your annoying progeny who, after killing four council members and getting himself recklessly thrown into prison, then continued to blow up said prison and is currently on the run from not only the police but likely several hundred headhunters and criminals. Shouldn't we focus on that?"

I walked over to the dresser, where a small mountain of elixir lay. It was a secret blend of all things glorious, mainly wolfbane–technically a poisonous substance for our kind, but also a fucking epic hallucinogenic when used correctly. I didn't bother measuring my shit anymore. Instead, I took a pinch and sprinkled it onto my hand before I snorted. Even after over a century of abuse, the elixir still burned. I rubbed at my nose as I glared at Madrick. "I can multitask."

Before I could respond, a loud knock started to bang against the wood of our hotel room door. My gaze raced toward Mad's as a loud, male voice said, "Police, open up!"

Although I didn't dare to mutter the words, all I could think was, 'How did they know we were here?' I guessed they somehow tracked us down–maybe via witchcraft, to this location, and wanted to question me about my progeny, but there was no time for me to be withheld. Not now. Not with everything going on.

The man repeated his words, warning that he was going to knock the door down. A deep panic shifted through me as my gaze drifted toward the drugs. What Darien did, it didn't only incriminate him, but anyone who the empire believed helped or supported him–which, right now, very much included me. I was, after all, his only visitor while he was imprisoned.

This meant that if we weren't cooperative, they'd shoot us first, too.

"POLICE, OPEN UP!"

A/N: What's your favourite song? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 1.2K 14
What if the Sirius Black had a daughter? What if the day James and Lily Potter died, Alexia Black disappeared? What if she was now living in Mystic...
9K 554 47
๐˜”๐˜บ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ. ๐˜...
45.3K 1.4K 37
In which Alexia Kirby will meet a girl with beautiful blue eyes, only to find out it's the same girl her brother is always talking about. Will Alexia...
1.7M 99.6K 37
*COMPLETED* (08.05.20) Noah Sorin is a 17-year-old genius who is sent on a mission to the Elite high school, Bran Prep High. His investigation? Vampi...