Checkmate - THE FINAL LEVEL

Von Love_Bri94

Could this be the end of an era? Mya and Chris face turmoil in their marriage for the last time. Will they b... Mehr

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
🫠
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyOne
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
TwentyFour
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
TwentyNine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo

TwentyFive

1.7K 145 140
Von Love_Bri94

Chapter TwentyFive
Mya Anderson
Later That Day

After taking a break from my computer, I got up and decided to cook. I wasn't too sure about how getting food delivered around here worked so I'll be the chef for now.

I wanted chicken chili so I made sure that the concierge stocked up on everything that I needed. While I got that started, I FaceTimed Royalty to see how she and the kids were.

The phone rung a few times before a half asleep Royalty appeared. "Are you and my dad aware of the time difference, between us?"

Laughing, I nodded. "I'm sorry, I'll make it fast. I just wanted to check on you and the kids."

"Surprisingly, we're good. Landon has been brother of the year, helping me a lot. We're going to go Christmas shopping today."

"Just make sure you stop in Louis Vuitton for me."

"Anything for you."

"Thanks babe."

"How are things there? Dad didn't sound too happy when we talked."

"It's the first day so we'll have to break the ice. I want him to be comfortable but I'm not completely sure that's going to be possible."

"If you guys focus on other things besides what could have been and what happened and just live in the moment I think you'll be fine. Stop reopening old wounds, it's tired."

"My 17 year old daughter is giving me advice, I can't believe it."

Royalty laughed. "I had amazing people like you in my corner, giving me advice."

"And that'll last until my last breath bookie. I'm going to let you go. I love you and if you need me please do not hesitate to call and if the kids become too much call mama Joyce or my mom."

"We're fine, go enjoy Switzerland. I love you, bye."

"Bye."

The call disconnected and a text from Lucas followed. I was tempted to open it but fought against it. Footsteps filled the room, making me looking over my shoulder. Chris rounded the corner. He looked fresh out the shower and I was annoyed at the fact that his once beautiful black hair was lilac.

"It smell good as hell in here." He said while lifting up the top on the pot. "Chicken chili?"

"Yes."

"Your pops recipe?"

"Duh."

"Perfect." Walking over to the chairs that were opposite of where I was Chris sat down. "So what's been up with you? Might as well catch up."

"Nothing at all actually. Work has me swamped lately, I'm kind of happy to be away from the madness."

"How you away from the madness and you brought your laptop with you?"

"Yeah...right." I laughed while going to get us something to drink.

"You used to fuss at me all the time about overworking myself and look at you Mya."

"I wouldn't say I'm overworking myself I just— I am over working myself. I've bitten off more than I can chew opening three stores and expanding my brand. I saw dollar signs and went crazy."

"Three stores?!"

"Yes all at once luckily two are in Texas but still. I'll be spending a lot of time in Houston and Dallas soon, just a heads up."

"Just bring me my babies and take however long you need."

"Thanks. What have you been up to?"

"Absolutely nothing and it has me feeling weird as fuck. I want to put out an album but the inspiration is just not there right now. I'm sure it'll come to me though."

"It always does so don't worry."

He nodded while drinking from his water. "So what's the plan for the next few days I hope it ain't us sitting here staring at each other."

"You don't wanna stare at me for 3 days?"

"As fun as that sounds, no."

"Even though I know it's your wildest dream to stare at me for three days we're going skiing tomorrow."

"I can't wait."

"And if I find out you ski like a professional, I'll hate you forever."

"After eleven years around each other, you haven't realized that I'm a professional at everything I put my hands on." He grinned and tilted his head.

"Well this is my first time so you'll be my teacher."

"They pay people to do that. You're on your own sweetheart."

"Not you being a mean girl."

"My wife I'd help, my baby mama can tumble down the hill."

I didn't know whether to laugh or toss a spoon at him. "Oh okay. You wanna be like that, cool. I'll pay one of the instructors."

"Just playing, I'll help."

"Naw, forget you." I tossed a napkin at his chest. "Anyway, I do want you to know that I want you to get better. I know that I'm the reason you're like this and it makes me feel horrible. No matter what Chris, I'll always love and care about you and I'll always want what's best for you."

"Thanks and same here. Yeah, it's not easy seeing you with somebody else but if you really feeling Lucas, I'm happy for you and wish yall the best and I really mean that."

"Aww look at you being a grown up." Reaching over, I pinched his chin. He laughed gently moving my hand away. "Can I find you a girlfriend?"

"Hell no."

"Why not?! I think I'm the best person for the job. I don't need you going back to those leeches that you used to date, I need you to find a nice wholesome woman that's good with kids."

"I couldn't pick out who you date so you can't pick out who I date. If I had any say so you wouldn't be with that cornball you're with now."

"Why is he a cornball? Cause he ain't dripped in ice or covered in tattoos?"

"That ain't got nothing to do with it. He just looks corny."

"Well he's not, he's a different vibe for me. I'm enjoying that."

"So y'all exclusive? That's ya man? He been around my kids?"

"No he's not my man, just getting to know each other. No he hasn't been around our kids. I don't play that. We barely see each other because we're both busy. Those few dates are the only time we get to see each other besides FaceTime."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes."

"Why jump at the first guy? Why not wait and see if it's somebody else out there for you?"

"You think I'm desperate?" I asked with an arched brow. Oddly enough Mariah asked me why I jumped as this opportunity too.

"You want me to be honest?"

"Please."

"I wouldn't say you're desperate for a man, you just wanted a push to help you get over me. He presented you with an opportunity and you took it. I think you're desperate to prove to yourself and everybody else that you're capable of moving on because so many people doubted you. Am I right?"

"Foods ready." Quickly turning around, I went and searched for bowls.

"You hate hearing the truth."

"I'm not mad about what you said, shocked for sure."

"I want to question why you wanted to get over me so badly after making me feel like we had a chance but I want to make the best of this trip."

After that, nothing was said and that was best. I gave him his food then sat down and ate. Once we were done, we cleaned up and went our separate ways.

When I got upstairs, I put on my pajamas and climbed in bed. I grabbed my phone that I'd been ignoring and there was a few texts from Lucas and a missed FaceTime call.

I read the texts first.

I miss you

When will you have some time to talk to ya man?

Mya

Exhaling, I got ready to call him back when Chris appeared in my doorway. Locking my phone, I tossed it next to me.

"It's this new show on Netflix that I wanna watch. Wanna watch it with me?"

"Of course."

He nodded while walking over to my dresser and picking up the remote, then he sat at the end of the bed.

"What's it called?"

"Fool me Once. Hoody keeps telling me to watch it."

"I think I saw a little bit on TikTok."

"I hope it's good."

"Me too."

"I don't really trust Hoody's judgment on shows."

"Facts." I laughed.

The room grew quiet again and I watched him navigate through the TV. "Remind me to log out my shit."

"Got you."

He brought up the show then pressed play. We focused on the tv. Well my eyes went from the screen to the back of his head repeatedly. He looked so uncomfortable.

"Chris." I called out.

"Yeah." He looked back at me and I patted the spot next to me.

"You're going to have a knot in your neck."

"Hand me a pillow."

"Seriously Chris?"

"I'm trying to respect boundaries. I can't be laid up with you knowing that I gotta move on. You know me being up there with you ain't cool. I'll lay down here."

Having no choice but to respect that I handed him the pillow he asked for.

The room grew quiet again and we watched the show.

We were now on the fourth episode and no lie, that shit almost lost me in the beginning.

"I really don't think this nigga is dead bro. I'm just waiting for his ass to pop out a bush or something." Chris said making me laugh.

"It's just not adding up to me. It's still kind of all over the place. Her sister was killed, her husband is dead, the nanny has something to do with it, they keep going back to the young boys in the masks, something is wrong with the detective. This is a lot ba— Chris."

"It is, but it's good."

"It is."

"I always put you up on good shows. You can use this next time you Netflix and Chill with your boyfriend."

"Are you going to keep bringing him up?"

"Naw, I'm just letting you know."

Rolling my eyes I got more comfortable in bed and just continued watching the show. After a while, my eyes grew heavier. I guess Chris noticed because he cut the tv off. "I know how you feel about me finishing shit without you." He said.

"Yeah, you know better." I responded, half asleep.

Climbing out the bed, he stretched. As my eyes shut, I felt a light kiss on my cheek. "Goodnight." He said lowly.

"Goodnight."

Chris Brown
Zermatt - The Slopes

I have never been more excited in my life about an excursion on a trip. I've been trying to go snowboarding and skiing for the longest but just never got the time, even though Cali has plenty of skiing resorts. I don't know how many times I've told Mya about wanting to do this. I know she didn't just randomly choose Switzerland, she knew what she was doing.

Speaking of Mya, she was doing the absolute most with this trainer she had. The girl fell every two seconds and I couldn't help but laugh. If she'd stop being dramatic she'd actually be able to learn. Me on the other hand, you couldn't tell me that I wasn't ready for the Olympics.

I was having a ball.

After racing one of the rich white kids that were here for Christmas break, I decided to go check on Mya.

"Oh my gosh Chris I think I got it." She cheered once she saw me. I gave her a thumbs up then watched as the trainer pulled her around.

"Whenever you're ready, I can let you go." I heard the trainer say, making my eyebrows perk up.

"I think I'm ready." Mya responded.

"Wait Mya, you sure?" I asked quickly.

"Yes, you can let go." She told him.

"Alright, I'm backing away." He let go one of her hands and I got nervous. "Ready?"

"I'm ready."

"Alright." The trainer let go of her other hand and Mya went slowly down the hill, then sped more, then a little more, and more. Then it got too fast and I heard her yell my name. "Turn your skis Mya." The guy yelled but it was too late. Her ass went tumbling.

"Oh shit!" I took off my skis then went down to where she was. She sat there holding onto her ankle. "Baby you okay?"

"My ankle! My ankle huuurts." She cried and from those tears it was bad. I quickly got her skis off and picked up her. "This hurts so bad."

"Alright, we gone get you looked at." I found a bench and sat her down. "Is it a quicker way to get to the top of the slope?" I asked the trainer.

"Yeah, I'm getting you a ride now."

"Appreciate it."

"I need this boot off." Mya cried.

"Just a few seconds. As soon as we get to the car I'll take it off. We gotta get this checked out too."

"There's a doctor on-site. They'll check her out." The guy mentioned. I nodded and just massaged higher up Mya's leg to try and give her some type of comfort.

Finally a cart pulled up. We helped Mya on then got on afterwards. A few minutes later we ended up at this small urgent care. Once we got Mya inside, the guy working with us when and put in a good word for us. Whole time I'm thinking nobody realized who I was but apparently everybody did.

Immediately we were rushed back. The doctor checked on Mya, her ankle was swollen. I'm guessing she twisted it when she fell.

"My life is over." Her dramatic ass said.

"Man you good. Probably just need some ice and to wrap it up."

"There's other stuff I had planned."

"We'll get to do them, don't worry. On some real shit though, seeing you fall was funny as hell."

Mya laughed while trying to push me. "I'm embarrassed. I knew I had it."

"After only learning for thirty minutes? I knew something messed up was gone happen."

"Well you should've stopped me."

"When did you ever start listening to me?"

"I listen sometimes."

"Only thing you ever listened to was, turn over and arch ya back, put your legs to your chest, or lay on your side. The only time your ears work."

"Blah. You know you can finish skiing if you want. I'm good."

"I'm not leaving you in here alone Mya."

"I know how badly you wanted to do this though."

"We got two more days. I'll be your teacher next time."

"If you would've been my teacher the first time this wouldn't have happened."

"That might be true."

"What if it's broken?" Mya pouted. "The last thing I need is a broken ankle right now. Can't be hopping around everywhere trying to handle business."

"It's not broken, you'd be losing your mind right now. Could be sprained but fingers crossed it's just swollen from you twisting it."

"Yeah. At least I got some cute pictures before the madness."

"The most important thing." I laughed. "You looked cute in a ya little skiing fit."

"Thanks." She smiled while moving her shoulders, doing a little dance.

"I'm trying to figure out how you managed to pack my stuff without me know."

"Royalty helped. She'd FaceTime me and I told her what to pack for you. Together or not, you have to match my vibes. Today it's Prada and all black, tomorrow it's furs dragging through the snow."

"Oh okay. Since we're matching, can we take a picture together?"

"Maybe." She smirked.

"Mm." I nodded and before anything could be said, a doctor came in. Shockingly, he was American.

"Ms. Anderson, your ankle is fine. No sprains, breaks or anything of the sort. I do however want you to stay off of it for the remainder of the day. We're going to wrap it up for you, give you some pain meds and you'll be good to go. Try to soak that foot today if you can." He instructed.

Mya nodded. "I will, thanks."

"Alright, let's get you all wrapped up and headed home."

•••

Walking inside the house, I carried Mya through the door and back to her room. I helped her take her coat and other shoe off while she got her hat and gloves. "Alright, Ima run you a nice hot bath so that you can soak your ankle." I went into her bathroom and cut on the water, then grabbed a towel for her to wrap her body in. When I went back into the room, she was out of her shirt but struggling with her pants.

"Help, please." She laughed.

"I got you." I went and helped her take her pants and underwear. I guess it took her a minute to realize that we weren't together because she finally grabbed the towel to cover up.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking."

"You good." Once her pants were off, I unwrapped her foot and stood up. "Let me go change into something comfortable then I'll come help you get in the tub."

Mya only nodded. I left out her room and headed to mine. Letting out a big exhale, I started pulling my stuff off. I found some jogging pants and a shirt to slip on until I took my shower then I headed back to Mya. As I got closer to her room, I could hear yelling.

"You told me you were on a business trip Mya, you're in fucking Switzerland with your ex-husband!"

"Lucas if I would've told you where I was you wouldn't have been cool with this."

"You're right! You shouldn't be dealing with him unless it's regarding your kids."

"First of all, let's get some shit straight. You're not my man, you don't tell me who I can and can't deal with. Chris needed me so I'm here for him. I would be a fucked up individual if I let my husband stay in a dark place and I know I'm the reason. You don't have to like it and you don't have to deal with it, simple as that."

"The fact that you just called him your husband and didn't even think to correct yourself is just mind blowing."

"Whatever, look I gotta go."

"Sure you do. I'll deal with you when you get home."

Three loud beeps filled the room, and I decided to make presence known. "He'll deal with you when you get home? Sounded like a threat to me."

Mya quickly looked up. "It's nothing."

"Yeah, okay. Look Mya, I don't want you jeopardizing anything for me alright? I told you I'd be fine."

"No matter what, I'm going to be there for you Chris. One call and I'm coming with no hesitation. And I know you'll do the exact same thing for me."

"Absolutely."

We stared at each other for a while.

"I love you." She gave me a small smile.

"I love you too Mya." I took her hand and kissed the back a few times. "Come on let's get you in the tub." I scooped her off the bed.

"I think I'm starting to enjoy you carrying me around everywhere."

"Enjoy it while you can because once tomorrow comes, yo heavy as is walking."

"Haha, fuck you."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

152K 6.5K 131
One drunken night in Vegas Chris got married to Mya. What started as the happiest day of their lives ended in disaster... What should have been the s...
3.1K 239 32
Five years after Charlie made the hard decision of family over love, Tony is back in her life. Will they be able to rekindle the special love they on...
130K 1.3K 33
The Afton Family! Just the 'perfect' family! Aren't I right? All of them experienced pain, sorrow, confusion. Why? What happened? This is an OLD AU...
38.3K 1K 42
What happened after college for Wendy and Mikel and did they stay strong?Find out in the sequel to Drama Left and Right.