Do For Love II - All Pro

De kenyajustme

Part II of the Do For Love fan-fiction TV script series follows Spencer, Olivia, Jordan, Simone, Layla, Clay... Mai multe

EP 101: I Fumbled Your Heart - Act II
EP 101: I Fumbled Your Heart - Act III
EP 101: I Fumbled Your Heart - Act IV
EP 102: Is Love Enough? - Act I
EP 102: Is Love Enough? - Act II
EP 102: Is Love Enough? - Act III
EP 102: Is Love Enough? - Act IV
Update/Teaser: New One Shot
Update and New One Shot: Can We Be Tight?
Can We Be Tight? One Shot: New acts added
EP 103: Pretty Wings/ Fist Full of Tears - Act I
EP 103: Pretty Wings/ Fist Full of Tears - Act II
EP 103: Pretty Wings/ Fist Full of Tears - Act III
EP 103: Pretty Wings/ Fist Full of Tears - Act IV

EP 101: I Fumbled Your Heart - Act I

872 28 71
De kenyajustme

ACT ONE

INT. DOWNTOWN LA - LAW OFFICE - OLIVIA'S OFFICE - AFTERNOON

Chicly dressed in a fitted suit with her designer heels propped up on the desk, OLIVIA talks on the PHONE.

OLIVIA

... Mark, we've been over this. This is our final offer. Your client either agrees to our terms or they can deal with us in court.

Olivia slams the phone down. A KNOCK at the DOOR. Olivia's assistant JENNY (20s) rushes in. She looks at her watch.

JENNY

Miss Baker, what are you still doing here? Jordan's plane landed twenty minutes ago.

OLIVIA

Shit!

EXT. LAX AIRPORT - ARRIVALS - AFTERNOON

OLIVIA brings the car to a halt and hops out to help JORDAN and a very pregnant, irritated SIMONE with their luggage.

OLIVIA

I'm sorry. I got stuck on a call.

SIMONE

It's fine.

JORDAN

Yeah, we had to wait almost an hour for our luggage.

OLIVIA

Well, I cleared my schedule so we can go have dinner.

SIMONE

Uh, takeout's fine... I'm exhausted.

OLIVIA

How about I have the chef prepare something?

SIMONE

Oh, you fancy, huh?

INT. OLIVIA'S DOWNTOWN APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - EVENING

In awe, Simone takes in the luxury space with floor-to-ceiling windows. Jordan helps her as she sits on the sofa.

SIMONE

... Dinner was amazing. This place is gorgeous, Liv... But, uh... all this space just for you...

Jordan nudges Simone. Olivia avoids their gaze.

JORDAN

I'm glad we left the little crumb snatchers with their Aunt Amara... So, how's the job?

OLIVIA

A lot of late nights. But it will all be worth it if I make partner.

SIMONE

When you make partner.

Olivia smiles and nods.

SIMONE

So, let's just address the big ass elephant in the room. You know I'm not one to mince words.

JORDAN

(mumbles )

Huge understatement.

Simone glares at Jordan.

SIMONE

Have you reached out to Spencer? Do you plan--

OLIVIA

Simone, can we not do this? Spencer and I've been over for a long time.

SIMONE

Hmmm... Funny that you automatically went there. Wasn't suggesting y'all roll around in between the sheets. I simply asked if you had contacted the man.

JORDAN

Gross...

OLIVIA

No, I haven't. I think we should just keep our distance. I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

SIMONE

So, your plan is avoidance... I guess that's why you haven't seen Kia since you've been back. Classic Olivia.

JORDAN

Simone...

SIMONE

Sorry, but I call a spade a spade.

(to Olivia)

Listen... Chickens always come home to roost. Gonna have to face him eventually. You owe him that much.

INT. INGLEWOOD, CA - KIA'S DANCE STUDIO - MORNING

KIA finishes up her ballet class and dismisses the DANCERS.

KIA

... Great job today. No class tomorrow. See you on Monday.

A TAP on the DOOR. Kia looks up and sees Olivia.

KIA

Wow. Look who finally decided to grace me with their presence. Only took you six months. 

Olivia grimaces as she walks in.

OLIVIA

Kia, I'm sorry. Everything has been so crazy with work. I've been meaning to reach out but there just never seems to be enough time.

KIA

Are you serious right now? You're really trying to pull the "I was working late" on me?

OLIVIA

Kia...

KIA

No, Liv. Let's keep it real. We barely talk. You haven't seen the twins since they were two. They're five now. Five. And you haven't even met Kianna. You're their damn Godmother.

OLIVIA

Look, I didn't mean to upset you. This was a bad idea. I should go.

Olivia starts to walk away.

KIA

Right. Run away again.

OLIVIA

Kia, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. What can I do? How can I fix this?

KIA

Stop running away, Olivia. You can start there. Own your mistakes.

(tears up)

I just want my best friend back. I know the breakup was painful but damn it's like you moved to New York and forgot about me too.

OLIVIA

(tears up)

I didn't. I--I could never forget about you. I just stayed away because I thought it would be easier on everyone... Didn't want to force you to choose sides.

KIA

It wasn't easier... And I'd always choose you. Always.

Both Kia and Olivia's sobs intensify and they embrace.

OLIVIA

I missed you so much, bestie.

KIA

I missed you too, Livvie.

Olivia pulls away with a smile.

OLIVIA

You know I missed our last group call... So, how's Layla been?

KIA

A nightmare. An absolute fucking nightmare. We're going to need lots of wine to get through tomorrow. Well wine for me, of course.

Off Kia and Olivia's laughter.

INT. BEVERLY HILLS - HAYES MANOR - LIVING ROOM / KITCHEN - EVENING

Kia looks around in horror at her home in utter chaos. Toys, clothes, dirty dishes, etc are everywhere. As she SLAMS the DOOR behind her, twin boys CHRISTIAN TREVON HAYES AKA "CHUNK" and TRISTAN DARNELL HAYES AKA "MUNK" (5) come barreling around the corner and crash into Kia's legs.

CHRISTIAN "CHUNK"

Mommy, mommy! We missed you!

TRISTAN "MUNK"

Mommy, mommy! We missed you!

Kia bends down and floods her boys with kisses.

KIA

I missed you too Chunky Munky.

(a beat, scowls)

Where's your Dad?

Amused that Dad's in trouble, the twins start to laugh.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

In the kitchen.

Kia stalks off toward the kitchen with the twins in tow. Darnell struggles to make dinner with a cast on his left hand and 2-year-old KIANNA SHANELL HAYES' death grip firmly around his leg. Kia's clone is completely obsessed with her Daddy.

KIA

Darnell Trevon Hayes, why does my house look like a pigsty? And I know you're not just starting dinner. It's after seven.

DARNELL

Kia Baby. No, I--

CHRISTIAN "CHUNK"

Daddy didn't start til the clock on the stove turned to six, five five.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

Yeah, he was playing Madden with Uncle Chris and Uncle Dillon even though you said no screen time after five, zero, zero.

KIA

(stifles laughter)

Is that right?

DARNELL

You two lil shits... Didn't I tell y'all snitches get stitches?

CHRISTIAN "CHUNK"

Yes, but you said a bad word, Daddy... Ten dollars, please.

Kia whispers in Tristan's ear.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

Each.

Christian and Tristan both hold out their hands to Darnell. Kia bursts out laughing. Darnell groans and gives them the money. They run off. Darnell bends down to Kianna.

DARNELL

Ki Bear, can you go to Mama? So, Daddy can finish--

KIANNA

NOOOOOOO!

KIA

(smirks)

Guess you got your answer.

DARNELL

Sorry, I left the house a mess, But dinner will be ready soon... I missed you today, baby.

Kia leans in to kiss Darnell and Kianna pushes her away.

KIANNA

Move... My, Daddy.

Kia leans back in to kiss Darnell.

KIA

Little girl... That's my husband.

Kianna starts to scream and bites Kia on the hand. Hard.

KIANNA

No. No. No! Mine! Mine! My Daddy!

Before Kianna can blink or bat an eyelash at Darnell, Kia scoops her up and carries her off.

KIA

Oh, no ma'am. We don't bite. Time to go have prayer.

KIANNA

(sobs)

Daddy... Da--ddy.

DARNELL

Bye, Daddy's baby.

MUSIC CUE: "ICE BOX" - OMARION 

INT. CHICAGO - NIGHT CLUB - LOUNGE AREA - NIGHT

On cloud nine from the win over the Chicago Bears, SPENCER celebrates with some of his LA RAMS TEAMMATES. Spencer spots an ATTRACTIVE WOMAN (30s) and leads her to the dance floor.

INT. SPENCER'S CHICAGO APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - MAGIC HOUR

Spencer burst through the door with the woman from the nightclub. They strip down on the way to the bedroom.

INT. SPENCER'S CHICAGO APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - MORNING

Spencer hurriedly ushers the woman to the front door.

ATTRACTIVE WOMAN

Did you want to grab breakfast?

SPENCER

Sorry, I thought I made it clear last night I don't do that sort of thing.

ATTRACTIVE WOMAN

(scoffs)

Breakfast?

SPENCER

Any of it. Relationships. Attachments or entanglements of any kind... My driver will take you wherever you need to go. I'm sorry. Take Care.

Before she can respond Spencer closes the front door.

INT. SPENCER'S CHICAGO APARTMENT - KITCHEN - MOMENTS LATER

Spencer reads the paper and eats a bowl of cereal. His PHONE BUZZES. FaceTime from Darnell. He answers. DARNELL ON SCREEN.

DARNELL

What's up, bro? Good game last night. You looked great out there.

SPENCER

We would've done better if you were there. When does the cast come off?

DARNELL

(smirks)

Two more weeks. Looks like you had a hell of a night. Care to share?

SPENCER

Ain't nothing to tell. Same shit different day.

DARNELL

Uh-huh... You gonna make it back for the twins' birthday party on Sunday?

Spencer rubs his hand across his face.

SPENCER

Umm... I gotta a lot going on right now. I'm not going to be able to--

DARNELL

Man... Whatever. You're full of shit. Ya know I don't ask you for much. The least you could do is show up for my kids. But it's cool.

SPENCER

Don't be like that. I'll make up for it. Buy 'em whatever they want.

DARNELL

It ain't all about money. You should know that more than anyone. It's about being present.

SPENCER

Darnell.

DARNELL

Save it. I'll holla at ya.

Darnell hangs up. Spencer sits in his guilt.

INT. BEVERLY HILLS - BRIDAL BOUTIQUE - AFTERNOON

Olivia, Kia, Simone, PATIENCE, LISA, and LAYLA are amid a fitting. Well, sort of. Bridezilla Layla is on 10. The ASSISTANT MANAGER desperately tries to defuse the situation.

ASSISTANT MANAGER

...Ms. Keating, please calm down. I can assure you that we can--

LAYLA

Calm down? Don't tell me to calm down. I'm perfectly calm. Despite the fact the dresses we ordered are not here for our appointed fitting.

PATIENCE

Oh, damn...

SIMONE

That little vein in the middle of her forehead is starting to throb.

ASSISTANT MANAGER

I understand your frustration. And I've apologized for our little "oops". I'm sure there are similar dresses the ladies can try on.

Layla's blood starts to boil as she clenches her fists.

KIA

It's about to be Defcon 3 in here.

LISA

Mayday. Mayday.

LAYLA

Little oops? Did you just call this colossal fuck up a little oops?

Layla reduces the space between them and flicks the Assistant Manager's name tag as the ladies all sip their drinks.

LAYLA

Kathleen is it? My bridesmaid dresses are one of a kind. One-of-a-kind princess-style ball gown dresses... I can assure you there's nothing similar on the rack. And I have two of the biggest pop stars in the country leaving for tour tomorrow and no dresses for them to try on before my big day... So, no Kathleen this is not a damn oops!

Olivia jumps up and gets in between Layla and the woman.

OLIVIA

Hey... Hey. Breathe. Just breathe.

Simone chomps on her chips with a smirk.

SIMONE

Little Ms. Kathleen, I suggest you get the owner down here ASAP. Because this is her "calm". And if you don't want her rearranging this nice little establishment you might wanna phone in a friend.

INT. BEVERLY HILLS - HAYES MANOR - KITCHEN - MORNING

Darnell takes a bowl of banana pudding out of the fridge and places it on the counter. He makes sure the coast is clear.

He plops two big scoops on a plate and covers up the hole with vanilla wafers. Epic Fail. He puts away the evidence. Savoring a bite, he turns around to see Chunk and Munk smirking back at him. Munk snaps a picture. Evidence.

CHRISTIAN "CHUNK"

Whatcha doing, Daddy?

DARNELL

Why you two little shi--

Munk raises his eyebrow and Chunk rubs his hands together waiting for Darnell to curse.

DARNELL

Alright, you little con artists what's it gonna take to buy your silence? How much? Ten dollars?

TRISTAN "MUNK"

No. We wanna go to Disneyland.

CHRISTIAN "CHUNK"

All day.

DARNELL

Disneyland?! You're not going to Disneyland... The arcade. Half a day. Now scram.

Chuck and Munk fist-bump each other and run off.

DARNELL

It be yo own kids. Your namesake.

INT. BEVERLY HILLS - HAYES MANOR - FOYER - AFTERNOON

The twins' birthday bash/ adult party is in full swing. The DOORBELL RINGS. Darnell opens the door to reveal Olivia. She walks in and looks up at him nervously.

OLIVIA

(bites lip)

Hey, Nell...

DARNELL

Hey, sis... We missed you.

Darnell pulls Olivia into a tight embrace. Across the room, Kianna spots this and flings her baby doll. She charges full speed ahead crashing into Darnell's legs and raises her arms.

KIANNA

Up! Up! Daddy, up!

Darnell pulls away from Olivia and picks up Kianna. She rubs her little hands on his face and kisses his cheek. Kia walks over and hugs Olivia.

OLIVIA

Oh, Kia. She looks just like you. She's so beautiful... Hi, Kianna.

KIANNA

(glares at Olivia)

Mine. My Daddy.

OLIVIA

(snort laughs)

I know where she gets that from.

KIA

Gurl... She's a menace.

Kianna sticks her tongue out at Olivia.

KIA

Kianna, that's not nice. Do we need to go have prayer?

KIANNA

No. Kianna no pray. Mommy go pray.

OLIVIA

Ah, Simone's prayer and nap method. Jayden and Sienna hated that when they were Kianna's age.

KIA

I swear by it.

The door opens. Simone walks in. Jordan trails in behind her and unloads an armful of gifts.

JORDAN

There's more in the car. Monie and Liv went overboard.

Darnell shakes his head and hands Kianna to Kia. He follows Jordan outside.

DARNELL

Great... As if they're not rotten enough.

KIA

Come on, I'll fix you two a plate.

INT. HAYES MANOR - LIVING ROOM - MOMENTS LATER

Kia leads Simone and Olivia in the room and eyes Chunk and Munk on the video game.

KIA

Chunk and Munk get off that game and come say hello.

Munk stomps his feet.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

Come on, Ma. I'm on level six.

KIA

Tristan Darnell Hayes, who do you think you're talking to? Don't "Ma" me. Now, get your behind over here.

Tristan throws down his controller and Chunk abandons his. They walk over to Simone and give her hugs. Tristan looks up at Olivia suspiciously.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

Who are you?

KIA

Tristan... This is your God Mommy Liv. You haven't seen her since you were Kianna's age.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

OH. God Daddy Spence says a bad word every time Daddy talks about you. We get ten bucks.

Olivia cringes and Simone stifles her laughter.

KIA

Alright, that's enough.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

What? It's true, Mommy.

Olivia shakes her head and bends down and caresses their cheeks.

OLIVIA

It's fine... They look just like Darnell. So, handsome Kia.

Chunk gazes up at Olivia and smiles. He grabs and kisses her hand.

CHRISTIAN "CHUNK"

Woman... You're beautiful.

KIA

(shakes her head)

As you can see they act just like him too. So, I want to give you a heads-up. Mama--

Suddenly, the kitchen door swings open and GRACE walks in.

GRACE

Kia, I just put a second pan of macaroni and cheese in the oven. It-

Grace's eyes land on Olivia. She's taken aback.  Olivia starts to fidget.

GRACE

Olivia...

SIMONE

(smirks)

Heads up.

OLIVIA

(bites lip)

Mama Gr... Hi, Ms. Grace. I'm sure I'm the last person you expected to see. Or wanted to see. Uh-- Um. How are you? Maybe I should--

Grace grabs Olivia's hands to calm her nerves.

GRACE

Yes, I'm disappointed. Yes, you and I definitely need to have a tough conversation. But this isn't the time or place... I'm just glad to finally lay eyes on you. It's been too long, sweetie. Too long. And it will always be Mama Grace.

Grace pulls Olivia into a hug and comforts her as she sobs.

INT. BEVERLY HILLS - HAYES MANOR - LIVING ROOM - EVENING

Tristan and Christian are in the middle of tearing open their birthday gifts. All clothes immediately get tossed aside. Tristan has carefully lined up all money by dollar amount.

Seated on the floor with her legs crossed, Olivia builds legos with Kianna while she chats with Grace.

OLIVIA

... Wow, London. How long has Dillon been living there?

GRACE

A little over a year. D'Angelo and I are going to visit next month.

(a beat)

On the track to make partner at 29. I'm proud of you.

OLIVIA

Thanks. Opening up the LA office has been challenging but I'm--

FRONT DOOR SLAMS and a familiar voice sends a chill down Olivia's spine.

SPENCER

Yo, Yo, yo. Family I'm here.

Spencer walks in and all eyes fall on him except Olivia's. 

Olivia crouches by the couch and looks for an escape route. The twins don't bother to look up from their very important task at hand.

CHRISTIAN "CHUNK"

Hey, G Daddy Spence.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

Hey, G Daddy Spence.

DARNELL

Spence... I-I thought you said you couldn't make it.

Spencer places a hand on Darnell's shoulder.

SPENCER

I know. But you were right. And family is everything... You good, bruh? You look like you've seen a ghost.

Simone almost chokes on her cupcake.

JORDAN

Something like that...

KIA

(mumbles)

This isn't gonna end well.

Olivia starts to crawl toward the kitchen but Simone's words ring in her ears. "Gonna have to face him eventually... You owe him that much."

DARNELL

Nah... It's just I wasn't expecting you. We weren't expecting you. Listen, Spence, I need to tell--

Olivia takes a deep breath and stands. She turns around to face Spencer and they lock eyes.

OLIVIA

It's okay, Darnell I got this.

Spencer stumbles back as he's hit with a flood of emotions. Thoughts of chromosomal DNA, sushi Fridays, and movie nights circle through his head. His eyes sparkle as she brushes her curls from her face and gives a shy smile. Damn, how did she get more beautiful after all these years?

OLIVIA

Spencer... It's been a long time.

After all these years!? Why now?  Spencer shakes his head from those fond memories. Anger quickly takes over and he clenches his fists.

SPENCER

Yeah, not nearly long enough.

(turns to Darnell)

What the entire fuck is going on, D?

The twins' heads whip around and their eyes light up.

CHRISTIAN "CHUNK"

He dropped the F-bomb.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

Double the money. Cha-ching!.

Chunk and Munk do their money dance. Blame Darnell, chile. 

Off Olivia and Spencer, as the tension in the room goes through the roof. 

END ACT ONE

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

5.7K 211 20
Spencer James is an local famous football player from a midwestern town. He received a scholarship to play for the University of Southern California...
60.9K 1K 19
spencer reid fan fiction. spencer reid meets a girl, who is the complete opposite of him. but also, exactly like him. gianna beckett, seems to have s...
57.5K 1.8K 52
Olivia Baker and Spencer James are two young adults from different parts of Los Angeles and cross paths. Despite their distinctive lives, the two fo...
24.5K 731 41
Olivia Baker is a single mother and one of the top sports agents at Kluth Sports Group in Los Angeles. Her daughter is everything to her and has to c...