And It All Started With A Pun...

Door axelakutz

"Wait..." She grinned, "you were thinking of Anya?" "WH-WHAT!!! NO I WASN'T!!!!!!!" --- (Updated story cover... Meer

TABLE OF CONTENTS
...-PROLOGUE-...
CH. 1 - Apparently Mistaken
CH. 2 - Are you catching feelings, Desmond?
CH. 3 So you are.
CH. 4 - The supposed plan
CH. 5 - Mahal (twiyor)
CH. 6 - Realization
Ch. 7 - That precious little girl
CH. 8 - Sorry, ...Forger.
CH. 9 - Loid, what are you doing here? (twiyor)
CH. 10 - Anya's tutoring session - Announcment
Ch. 14 - Paired up!
CH. 15 - Puppy love
CH. 16 - Just for the mission
CH. 17 - Glamourous ball
Hello to my readers (Must read, essential to story)
Hello to my readers again... (this is the last A/N "chapter" promise)
CH. 19 - I'm sorry
CH. 20 - A date
CH. 21 - A certain pink girl's awakening
CH. 22 - The hell?
CH. 23 - Pink haired girl
CH. 24 - Becky the not-so-amazing-cupid
Announcement!
CH. 25 - Tease

CH. 18 - It was never my intention

381 12 246
Door axelakutz

TW: Quite a gorey explaination of what happened to an injury. (P.S sorry for the horrible art. Was too busy laughing about what I was gonna do next. Xoxo! AHSDHASHSHSHH)

---

A day flew by and Anya was discharged out of the hospital. Though she was already able to go home, the doctor wanted to inspect further on some of her wounds that she found.

Unfortunately for Anya's mission and our drama, Demetrius still had a day to go before being discharged.

"Anya, how are you? Are you okay?" Yor rushed to her daughter, and put both hands on her shoulders.

"I'm fine, mama..." Anya said.

"Just how did you get hurt?" Loid said.

"Some man tried to poison me and I kicked him and he hurt me back." Anya said.

"...Is that so..." Loid narrowed his eyes.

"No, papa, I already called the police on him." Anya said, knowing her father would definitely bash his head on a rock.

"Oh, alright then."

"Anyway," Yor said, trying to change the topic. "You have school tomorrow, Anya. Let's go back home and rest so you'll be prepared." She smiled.

"Yay!" Anya beamed.

-

"128 park avenue, huh." Demetrius stared at them going home from his window.

-•''•-

8AM. EDEN SENIOR HIGHSCHOOL

"Hi Becky!" Anya ran up to her friend and gave her a hug.

"Hi..." Becky slightly pushed herself out of the hug.

"What's wrong?" Anya asked.

"It's just...I don't know..." Becky looked down.

"You can tell me anything, I'm your best friend," Anya put a hand on her shoulder.

'You can tell me anything because I'm your best friend, huh... well it's not like she didn't lie to me yesterday.' Becky removed Anya's hand from her shoulder.

'Wait...don't tell me-'

"Becky,-"

"Why did you try killing his brother for no reason? I really thought you had a better heart." Becky looked at Anya. And all she saw in Anya's eyes were dread.

"I-I do! But listen, I wasn't trying to-"

"Then what were you trying to do? Listen, Anya, I want to be your friend. But if you don't tell me the truth, our friendship..."

'If I tell Becky what truly happened, she'll know I'm a spy... but I can't risk that. I'll just walk away. I'm not attached to her anyway.'

Anya tried walking away, but her body didn't let her.

"Anya, it's fine if you don't tell me...but I'm just...scared you might try to... kill me too..." Becky said, looking down, her face full of sadness, and fear.

Anya put her hands on Becky's shoulders, "Wait! No, please, I won't ever try to do that to you. You're my best friend, I love you, and I will never, ever! Try to kill you! What happened was- a misunderstanding! Demetrius Desmond is a bad person, and-"

"My brother is not a bad person." Damian interrupted.

Anya froze, and turned around to see a cold eyed Damian staring at her.

"Damian, please let me explain. What you saw...it-" Anya walked towards him slowly.

"Don't go near me." He said, and pushed her harder than he intended to.

Thud.

Splat.

"Anya!" Becky rushed to her friend, a puddle of blood starting to form around Anya's head. Her head had hit a plant, and the shards of glass from the pot went into her head.

Damian stood in horror at what he had done.

"I, I- I'm sorry, I- I never meant-"

"No! Shut up! Help me get her to the nurse so she can temporarily take care of Anya until we get her to a hospital!" Becky said, trying to lift up her head, already crying.

"I could never hurt her!" His words echoed in his mind. He took a step backwards, growing pale.

"Did Damian Desmond do that?"

"He's too good to do that, maybe it was Blackbell."

"Or maybe the commoner was being clumsy and broke her head?"

"Her head is already broken. She's crazy and dumb. Must be the case,"

"Yeah," The students gossiped.

Thump, thump, thump.

"Is that Mr. Henderson? Let's hide!"

Thump, thump, thump.

"What happened to Miss Forger!?" Mr. Henderson rushed to Anya. "Get her to a hospital now!"

"I know! I'm trying to carry her!" Becky sobbed.

Mr. Henderson looked at Damian, "Help me lift her up!"

Damian didn't respond and staggered towards Anya, the puddle of blood getting bigger by the minute.

.

.

.

Wham!

"Make way! Make way! Make way!" The nurse shouted while pulling Anya's stretcher to the ER.

Damian and Becky were tagging along, Becky was crying while Damian was horrified. He felt numb. So, so, so numb that he thought every part of his body was frozen.

The nurses barged into the ER room, yelling.

Damian stared at them, watching them yell in a blur. 'Was this all my fault?'

He hesitated. Should I ask what's going to happen to her?
"W-wait, what- what are you gonna do with her?" Damian stammered, holding his hand up.

"Surgery!" The nurse yelled, and slammed the door.

Damian's hand dropped. What...?

Becky glared at Damian, tears visible in her eyes. "What did you do, you jerk!? What if Anya loses her memory!? Just- ugh..." She put a hand on her forehead and groaned as angry tears invaded her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, I really, didn't, I- I never meant to-"

"Just- quiet...I don't want to hear you." Becky wiped her tears and went to the front desk to pay the bill, knowing her friend couldn't.

Damian stared at Becky paying the bill and sitting down in another seat, wiping her eyes again. He clenched his hands into fists. Why don't I feel any guilt...?

'"I could never hurt her!" Yeah, right.' Becky scoffed, glaring once again at Damian, who looked like he had no remorse for what he just did.

-•''•-

13 HOURS LATER.

(11 PM)

-

"Sir?" The nurse tapped on Damian's shoulder.

Damian's eyes blinked open. "Yes, miss,"

"Are you her boyfriend?"

"No, I'm not."

"Okay..."

The nurse's face saddened. "I'm sorry, sir, but Miss Forger... She's in a coma. There's a slight possibility that she won't wake up, but-"

...

"What...?"

"What...what will I tell her parents...?" Damian's chest started to feel heavy. No, it's fine. It was just her stupidity that got her into a coma. It's not because of me, of course.

"Sir, it's alright, the doctors are trying their very best. Have hope," The nurse tried consoling him.

"I- I...don't know..." Damian slowly got up, his face pale. His heart apparently decided to talk for him instead of his brain.

"Sir, I can ask a doctor for a checkup for you?" The nurse said.

"I'm fine...thank you..." He slowly walked out of the hospital, his mind was blank - though he thought of so much at the same time.

It wasn't my fault.

-

"Oh, Damian, what brings you here?" Yor opened the door with a bright smile.

"Hello, Mrs. Forger..." Damian said, biting his tongue. It wasn't my fault.

"Are you alright, Damian? Is Anya back from her sleepover so soon?" Yor poked her head through the door, looking around.

"I'm sorry. Anya, she's in the hospital...the doctor-" He choked on his words. It  wasn't my fault.

"She...she went into a coma and the doctors said she might not wake up." He said with the slightest bit of guilt in his voice. It's not my fault. Say it. She'll never know who did that to her child anyway.

Thud.

Yor fell to her knees.

"No, no, no," She teared up, her hands on her chest, clenching her clothes tightly.

Yor clenched her clothes tighter. "WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME SOONER!?"

Damian flinched at her loud voice. It wasn't my fault. Go away now. You shouldn't feel the need to console her.

"WHY!? I— I should've been there— for h–h–" She cried uncontrollably, crying heavily, not even caring if anyone heard her. She clutched onto her dress so tightly, it almost tore into two.

Yor's crying was so loud that neighbors started to peek through the eye hole in their door to see the commotion.

It wasn't my-

"...Who did this to her...?"

...

"WHO DID THIS TO HER!?" Yor screamed loudly in anger, making Damian flinch again.

"I- I don't know, Mrs. Forger-" Damian stammered. It wasn't my fault. I can lie if I want to.

"I said, who did this to her. TELL ME NOW!" She sobbed heavily, crying loudly once again. "Who did this to my daughter..."

...

Damian remained unresponsive and just stared at her.

It wasn't my fault.

Yor's eyes widened and stared at him with pure horror.

"It was you wasn't it."

...

"...You killed my baby..."

Damian took a step back, mortified.

It was my fault.

His eyes widened, finally feeling the wave of emotion. He started to run out of the apartment building, not knowing what to do.

It was my fault. It was my fault. It was  my fault.

Why am I only feeling this horrible feeling now...?

He hated hearing the words -"...You killed my baby..."  He hated it all. Why, why, why? Why did he push her? This was all because of his d*mned brother.

Just why did he ever decide to follow Becky and apologize to Anya!?

Crash!

Damian accidentally bumped into Loid while running. "Sorry," he muttered.

"Ah, Damian," Loid said, smiling. But Damian was nowhere to be found. Loid ignored it anyway.

-

Tip, tap, tip, tap. Up the stairs Loid went.

Tip, tap, tip tap.

"Loid..."

"Yor!?" He rushed to his wife to help her get up. "Why are you on the floor!?"

"Anya, Anya- she's- she's de-" Yor paused. She couldn't complete the sentence.

...

"Oh."

...

Drop, drop, drop.

'What?' Loid looked at his hand.

Drop, drop drop.

His hands were filled with droplets.

Drop, drop, drop.

"It's okay, Loid..." Yor put a hand on his shoulder.

Drop, drop, drop.

'I'm...crying...?'

Drop, drop, drop.

"It's okay..."

-

"Doc, Doctor!" A nurse shouted.

"Yes?" The doctor said.

"She's starting to go back to normal!" The nurse rejoiced.

"Good! Keep it up! I'll alert her family members!" The doctor ran out of the room, then paused. "Where's her boyfriend?"

"He said he's not her girlfriend," The nurse said.

"Oh, where's the boy that accompanied her?"

"He went out looking pale. I didn't get his name, but he looked familiar,"

"Hmm, okay then, I'll alert her parents. Hopefully we'll find the boy."

"Yeah, he looked like he wanted to pass out."

"I wonder what happened exactly..." The doctor said, about to go out of the room.

"Oh! By the way, doc," The nurse added.

The doctor stopped mid way. "Hm?" He peeked his head through the door.

"Here's Anya Forger's admission note and reports, be sure to hand this over to Doctor Cawa. Thanks." The nurse handed a file to the doctor.

"Ah, thank you. I'll be sure to hand it over." The doctor finally exited the room and headed on his way to Doctor Cawa's office.

.
.
.

"Knock knock," The doctor said as he also knocked on the door with his knuckles.

"Come in," Doctor Cawa said in a singsong voice.

The doctor opened the door and smiled. "Hey, Cawa,"

"Hi, Renold. Do you need anything?" She smiled back.

"No, not really. Nurse Ola told me to give this to you. These are Anya Forger's - or Room 324's administration note and reports." Doctor Renold said.

"Ah, okay, let's see then... Hmm, she got ceramic pot shards penetrated into her skull?" Doctor Cawa began, and looked at Renold for confirmation

Renold nodded.

Cawa turned a page and bit her tongue. "Ah... The impact of the fall broke her skull just a bit, whilst her head also fell on the ceramic pot shards. That must hurt."

Renold nodded again awkwardly.

"So what did you do?" She looked up from the file and stared at Renold.

Renold blinked. "I, uhh...surgery..."

Cawa laughed kindly at his behavior. "Hehe, you're adorable. Did she get stitches?" She smiled sweetly.

Renold blinked again. "U-uhh...y-yes..." He grew increasingly red.

"Is that so?" She teased and moved closer to his face.

"Y-yes," Renold's face grew increasingly crimson.

"Haha, you're adorable." She booped his nose.

"O-oh," Renold said awkwardly and turned away to the wall. "I'll... Be going now..."

"Okay, take care~," She smiled and put 2 hands under her chin.

"Y-yeah, I will... You too..." Renold left and slammed the door silently.

'O.m.g.'

---

Ring, ring, ring!

"He-hello?" Yor said, picking up the telephone, sniffling.

"Good news, Madam Forger! Your daughter's condition is getting better. She's still unconscious though, visitors are allowed tomorrow, since we still need to sew up some of her wounds. That girl is strong, she's endured many wounds!" The phone croaked.

"Really!? Wh- I- Thank you- thank you so, so, so much!" Yor cried, and put down the telephone.

"Loid!" Yor happily exclaimed, slamming his door open.

"Yes...?" Loid said, his hair disheveled. (Because he cried in Yor's arms and she was stroking his hair)

"Anya, they said she's getting better! They said we can visit her tomor-"

Loid got up in a haste, "Actually!?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed once again.

-'•'-

5AM. OSTANIA HOSPITAL

-

Whoosh!

There Anya laid in bed, unconscious.

"Anya!" Yor said, running up to their daughter and hugging her tightly. "Anya, please wake up soon..." Tears welled up in her eyes seeing the horrible state of their daughter.

Loid rushed to Anya and hugged her tightly.
"Anya!" He said. "Never do that again." He hugged her more tightly. "You made me so worried,"

'Seeing Loid in that state was heartbreaking...he was crying in my arms, I've never seen him so...uncomposed..' Yor sadly stared at them.

Anya still laid in bed unconscious, making Loid feel stupid for talking to their daughter like she could hear him.

"Don't worry, Anya, soon, you'll be awake and running." Yor smiled at their daughter and squeezed her hand.

"Yeah," Loid also smiled. 'I can't believe I lost my composure and cried...it's been over a dozen years and this happens...? What kind of spy am I...'

---'•'---

A/N

Hi guys! So sorry for this very, very, VERY, long-awaited over-due chapter. I was trying to figure out how to write angst; I also fixed some stuff here too, this was originally supposed to be posted yesterday, but the drawings messed the format up and I fixed it today along with other stuff.

Now, thank you guys so much for 1.3k reads, votes, added to libraries, and your comments! I appreciate your comments the most, and I'm glad you guys are enjoying my story. I'll be sure to post the next chapters soon, perhaps today, or tomorrow probably.

I have a new character coming up, and her name starts with "I". These emojis describe her: 🐍💃👯

BUT ANYWAY

Here are my socials:

IG: akutza.notsecretacc
TIKTOK: alexayerzzz

I just posted a new twiyor animatic (please check it 💔) BUT ANYWAY AGAIN, THANK YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH FOR ALL THESE VIEWS, COMMENTS, VOTES, AND ADDED TO LIBRARIES 💓💓💓

(The scene where Loid cried will have more detail in my other book, My Dear Yor. I'll start working on it after this book is finished. I already published the first chapter 😊)

I'll be posting the next chapter soon, and bye!!!

NEW EDIT: 22.1.24 (1:56AM)

A/N

---

Hi guys so I know there's been some sort of misunderstanding here, likeee I usually don't re-read my Wattpad chapters so forgive me if the chapters are a bit confusing; the words sometimes get messed up once I upload the pictures.

I've added and fixed a bit more to this chapter for a better and deeper understanding of Anya's head injury and Damian's feelings, though Damian's feelings would be shown more on the next chapter. Thank you for reading once again and my apologies for any mistakes! 💗

- Alexa 🐧💓

Word count: 2633

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

9K 380 25
"Hey." He turned at the sound of her voice. She sounded quiet now, even calm. Her smile was a little sad, but friendly. "Thanks for sticking up to Je...
18.6K 516 50
Following the tragedy of his parents' deaths Lorenzo Chu is brought from Italy to his family home in Korea by his uncle. His talents in music are qui...
34.8K 420 13
this is my first fanfic thing ig hope u like also many parts were inspired by yuki x on yt and sapphire_blossoms bokuakakuroken one-shot book on watt...
167K 2.2K 23
"We're bionic, we're married and we're starting a family. What could possibly go wrong?" Adam asked, wrapping his arm around his wife's shoulder. "As...