RWBY: Frost/Inferno

De WyvernJay

Bryce Rosfield the boy blessed by Fire. As a child, he wanted to be huntsmen like his parents that's the only... Mai multe

Prologue: Rebirth
B.U.R.N: Bryce Rosfield
B.U.R.N: Ulrick Connors
B.U.R.N: Reina Maverick
B.U.R.N: Natalia Grey
Volume 1: Ruby Rose
Volume 1: The Shining Beacon Part 1
Volume 1: The Shining Beacon Part 2
Volume 1: The First Step Part 1
Volume 1: The First Step Part 2
Volume 1: The Emerald Forest Part 1
Volume 1: The Emerald Forest Part 2
Volume 1: Players and Pieces
Volume 1: Jaunedice
Volume 1: Forever Fall
Volume 1: The Stray
Volume 1 Finale: Black and White
EX Short: Gwenivere
Volume 2: Best Day Ever
Volume 2: Welcome to Beacon
Volume 2: Cid the Outlaw
Volume 2: Training Arc

Volume 1: The Badge and the Burden

106 6 4
De WyvernJay

It was morning at Beacon Academy, it was a beautiful day outside, birds were singing, and flowers are blooming, on days like these, it sucks not to be a morning person. unfortunately, Bryce Rosfield hated mornings.

"How long does he usually stay asleep?"

"He can sleep like the dead if he wants to on most days,"

"Then why are we hovering over him? We don't have time for this; I'm waking him up."

"Don't!" Ulrick loudly whispered.

Reina scoffed, "Why not? We have to get ready for class."

"Because he would've shot you, even if it's just dummy bullets; they still hurt." Ulrick eyes the gun Bryce is sleeping with.

"How do you usually wake him up?" Natalia asked.

"Ice dust from a distance,"

"Good, then I'm perfect for the job," Reina smirked.

"I don't like that look in her eyes," Ulrick said, sweating.

In the next instant, the room's temperature dropped, waking Bryce immediately.

"WHY THE FUCK IS IT SO COLD!" Bryce asked, shivering in his owl onesie.

Reina undid what she did and looked at Bryce smugly, "Good, you're awake now; we can start getting ready for the first day."

"What the fuck is wrong with you," Bryce asked.

"You don't want it to happen again; set an alarm next time." Reina went to the desk on the girl's side, brushing her silver hair.

Bryce started his morning routine with a boiling shower.

"The fuck is her problem...Never mind that. Why do I keep having that same dream ever since coming here?"

Bryce thinks back to the same recurring dream. The only difference is the Stone Phoenix statue becomes more fiery as the nights pass, but it remains chained up. He questions himself about what it all means while holding his head, trying to remember something but failing like always.

"Alright Bryce time for your first day at Beacon, sure it was a rough start but the day isn't ruined time to make good first impressions and be a good team leader." ________________________________________

After everyone got ready for the day by 8, getting to class pretty early.

Upon entry, they were greeted by an aged man with a magnificent mustache and the fact they were the few early students who decided to wake up at the asscrack of dawn.

"Ohoho more early birds aren't I lucky one hopefully you'll be attentive ones too and is that Ms. Maverick I see, I expect great things out of you."

"Hello to you too Professor," Reina responds respectfully paling in comparison to how she speaks to Bryce.

"It's like she's a completely different person..." Bryce thought to himself.

Team BURN sat in one of the first rows in the class this was definitely not Bryce's decision.

Waiting for the class to begin by 8:59 Team RWBY and JNPR busted through the doors 

Professor Port looked at the nearly late arrivals, "Glad to see you all join us, now get yourselves seated I have a grand lesson planned for a splendid first day Ho-Ho."

"Monsters! Deeeemons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!" Port began his lesson. 

Bryce furrowed his brows not paying attention to the lesson because of the strange impractical weapon mounted on the wall, "That's more impractical than Lycanbourne I mean an Axe Blunderbuss with how the axe is positioned  wouldn't the recoil cause you to stab yourself." Bryce spiraled in his thoughts.

"Mr. Rosfield."

Bryce snapped out of his thoughts hearing his name called. "Yes Professor!"

"The question was when facing a Boarbatusk how would you go about slaying it." 

"Uh, I'd try and figure out how to expose its underbelly and dispatch it accordingly," Bryce stated scratching his cheek absent-mindedly.

"Correct Mr. Rosfield, but please pay attention next time how about to break the ice I  recount a story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy...

His words fade into white noise when Reina notices Bryce dozing off.

Her eye twitched at the fact their "leader" was setting a bad example so she decided to step on his foot waking the poor boy up.

Bryce winced in pain looking at Reina annoyed.

She stares dead at him and states, "At least Ulrick and Natalia are awake and attentive, You're our leader act like it, how you conduct yourself is an extension of us, and I don't want to be dragged down by your antics."

Bryce looked over to see Ruby goofing around causing him to snicker a bit earning a glare from both Weiss and Reina.

Ulrick and Natalia's eyes keep flicking between Weiss and Ruby and Reina and Bryce.

 "...Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. 'Peter', he told me..."

The speech transforms into a chorus of playful "blah"s, a symphony of giggles echoing in the air as Ruby gleefully unveils her artistic masterpiece to the amused crowd of her peers. Before them lies a whimsical rendering of their teacher—a whimsical ball adorned with limbs and a head, complete with comically exaggerated stink lines emanating from his figure. Proudly etched beneath the caricature is the caption "Professor Poop," a testament to Ruby's irreverent sense of humor.

A mischievous grin plays on Ruby's lips as she punctuates her creation with a lighthearted raspberry. Blake, Ulrick, Yang, Natalia, and Bryce erupt into laughter, their amusement bubbling over. However, not everyone in the audience shares the same sentiment. Weiss and Reina exchange disapproving glances, their expressions tinged with annoyance at Ruby's impromptu display of artistic rebellion. The room becomes a battleground of contrasting emotions, with the carefree laughter of some met by the disapproving frowns of others, creating a dynamic interplay of camaraderie and tension in the group.

 "Ah-heh-hem!" He waits until he has their attention again, "In the end, the Beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity, and I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high, celebrated as a hero!"

The teacher takes a bow as both ice queens slowly get more and more frustrated with their leaders' antics.

"The moral of this story? A true Huntsman must be honorable!"

Ruby is balancing an apple on a book with her pencil held only by her finger while making a silly face. Reina having enough of Bryce's involvement twists her heal into Bryce's foot.

"A true Huntsman must be dependable!"

Ruby has fallen asleep again in the first class of the year.

"A true Huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise!"

Ruby is not-so-subtly picking her nose, much to Weiss' building anger.

"So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?"

Weiss still angry, she raises her hand, "I do, sir!"

"Well, then, let's find out!" Port turns to gesture at the glowing red eyes surrounded by shadow shaking the cage that traps it, "Step forward, and face your opponent!"

Weiss leaves to prepare her combat gear, now back in her regular attire, readying her rapier at the growling creature in the cage barely seen at the end of the last episode. Her peers cheer her on from their seats in the front row.

Yang  raising her fist cheers, "Goooo, Weiss!"

Blake waved a small flag saying "RWBY", "Fight well!"

Bryce and Ulrick questioned how they had merch even after just forming

"Yeah, represent Teeeeam RWBY!" 

Weiss lowered her sword and looked over at her "leader", "Ruby! I'm trying to focus!"

Ruby looking sheepish, Oh, um... Sorry...

"Well, that was rude.."

"Allllright!" Professor Port stands next to the cage, pulling out Blowhard, "Let the match... begin!"

The professor swings down and breaks the lock, dropping the cage door and revealing the Boarbatusk inside, who immediately charges at Weiss. She uses Myrtenaster to deflect its attack and roll to the side, readying herself for its next move. The Grimm stands a distance away from its enemy, studying her.

"Ha-ha! Wasn't expecting that, were you?"

"Hang in there, Weiss!"

Weiss is now speeding towards the oncoming Boarbatusk, sticking her blade straight at its skull until they meet and her rapier is trapped in the beast's tusks. Weiss is still hanging on to the hilt and is tossed around as she struggles to get the rapier back.

"Bold, new approach. I like it!"

"Come on, Weiss, show it who's boss!"

Weiss turns to glare at Ruby, only for the Boarbatusk to turn its head and rip the sword from her grip. Myrtenaster lands far away from its master, who is knocked back by the creature's tusks.

"Oh-ho! Now what will you do without your weapon?"

Weiss looks up just in time to see the Boarbatusk charge again, rolling out of the way just in time to avoid getting trampled and making it crash into a desk. Weiss rushes at her sword and slides to get it back in her hand.

Ruby says "Weiss! Go for its belly! There's no armor underneath-" 

Weiss turns to Ruby, "Stop telling me what to do!"

Ruby looks hurt at Weiss' rebuttal. Meanwhile, the Boarbatusk leaps into the air and rolls into a ball, spinning rapidly in the air and landing on the ground, consistently gaining speed until it launches itself at Weiss. It comes closer and closer, but Weiss activates one of her glyphs and blocks the roll, leaping up into the now-black snowflake symbol and turning it blue again so she can drive the blade into the Boarbatusk's stomach. It squeals and falls silent while Weiss gasps in relief.

"Yet you followed her advice..."

"Bravo! Bra-vo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true Huntress-in-training!" Weiss stands up at attention from her exhausted position and Ruby continues to frown, "I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings, and... stay vigilant! Class dismissed!"

Weiss glares and turns away, walking hurriedly to the exit past her teammates.

Jaune watches her leave, "Sheesh, what's with her?"

 Everyone except Reina looks at each other with the same question.

Ruby went after Weiss

Weiss is still storming off, but Ruby turns a corner and manages to catch up with her.

Reina looks toward Bryce, "Also what was that in class earlier?"

"What I saw was something funny was I not supposed to laugh," Bryce questioned with a deadpan expression.

"Why don't you barely take anything seriously, You are supposed to be our Leader yet you follow after the youngest child in all of Beacon."

"Say what you want about me but leave her out of it."

"Now you're defending her when I'm pointing out a blatant criticism about you."

"Have you tried having fun once in your life?"

"Can you at least show some semblance of human emotion?"

"That's.. complicated." Bryce looked away, Ulrick caught this and decided to step in.

"Ugh you're insufferable, Ozpin made a mistake picking you." 

"Alright, that's enough you two Reina go with Nat there's a deal at an ice cream parlor in Vale you need to cool off I'll speak with Bryce."

 "Hmph!" Reina stormed off.

"I'll follow her see you later Ulrick," Natalia cried out chasing Reina.

Ulrick turned around Bryce was already gone

Bryce then proceeded to indulge in one of the few activities that brought him true peace – baking. As he measured out the ingredients, the familiar scent of flour and sugar enveloped him like a warm embrace, transporting him to a place that existed in the recesses of his memory.

But he was suddenly snapped out of it by a voice, "Figured you'd be here if you weren't somewhere training."

"Oh hey Ulrick just backing some cookies did you need something?"

Ulrick shook his head, "Nah just checking on you, you're not the most normal person I know just making sure everything's ok you and Reina kinda had a spat."

"I'm just peachy right now there's a lot I have to learn to be a great leader because you three deserve a good leader."

"Just know just because you're team leader doesn't mean I'm going to get left behind by the likes of you."

Ulrick declared reminding Bryce of the day they became friends adding to the nostalgia.

"So you want some."

"heh observant as ever." Ulrick snatched one of the freshly baked cookies from the plate Bryce had on the counter.

"I'm sorry for worrying you all just a lot has been on my mind and Ruby was the perfect distraction." Bryce scratched his cheek. "Enough about what's going on between you and Natalia."

"DUDE it's only been two days," 

"Two days is 48 hours, 48 hours is 2880 minutes, 2880 minutes is 172800 seconds, and you've spent 75% of that time with her," Bryce stated staring directly into Ulrick's soul.

"Dude I hate it when you start speaking calculator," Ulrick's ears lowered as he cringed.

"Yeah Yeah, I'm heading back to the dorm now, don't eat all my cookies, please."

"Right Night dude."

Ulrick turned around to see a red blur erase all 18 cookies.

"Huh..."

_______________________________________

Meanwhile in Downtown Vale-

Reina was scarfing down a mint chip sundae while Natalia enjoyed her vanilla cola float and was silently judging her.

"Alright feel better now?" Natalia asked.

"Somewhat but-

"Why are you so uptight," Natalia cut her off.

"The question is not why but why doesn't he-

Natalia cut her off again her emerald eyes staring into Reina's silver eyes, "Not the question I asked."

"Why because we're at one of the top huntsmen academies and he seems so nonchalant about it and the look on his face."

Natalia cut her off again, "You're jealous of the fact he's a more go-with-the-flow person while you are crazy uptight."

"What me jealous of that buffoon? Hell will literally have to freeze over before then," Reina scoffed.

"Ironic statement but, ok we are getting nowhere so I'm just going to say this the year has barely started you need to seriously lighten up don't be a second Weiss because going down this route will only cause unwanted stress for yourself.

Natalia got up and paid the bill, "I'm heading back don't stay out too late don't make us go on a wild goose chase." 

Reina sat there for a bit thinking about their conversation.

___________________________________

Reina was walking the halls to the dorm rambling to herself. 

"Who does she think she is how could she just accept that incompetent moron is our leader, Ozpin what were you thinking..."

"What was I thinking Reina?" Ozpin questioned suddenly appears catching the huntress in training off guard.

"Headmaster! -I" 

"Relax Reina it's just the two of us here," Ozpin swirled whatever drink was in his mug.

"Oz I believe you made a mistake in making Bryce Rosfield leader of Team BURN." Reina calmly stated.

"Oh? how so?" 

"Because he's not fit to be a leader he's lazy, doesn't pay attention, is a goofball, a complete oaf, and," Reina ranted

"The complete opposite of you," Ozpin cut her off. "You've spent most of your life suffering to the point you let it control you, and yet when you see someone else who's obviously suffered but doesn't let it control him you get jealous of his freedom and lash out because he doesn't handle his suffering the same way you do,"

"What are you getting at..."

"You're constantly on guard thinking someone will whisk you away from those you hold dear just like all those years ago the guilt and fear of losing control made you the way that you are today, need I remind you of our promise," Ozpin stated.

"Our Promise.."

"As long as I'm still breathing he will not harm you, not Ironwood or the beast within you."

Reina looked at Ozpin like something was finally clicking in her head. "I think I'm starting to understand."

"Good now I believe you should head to bed it's getting late,"

"Am I talking to Headmaster Ozpin or My Guardian Oz," Reina questioned.

"Both now run along before Glynda sees us both out here." Ozpin took another sip from his mug.

"Right... Night Oz."

Reina returned to the dorm silently, the stillness of the night wrapping around her like a shroud. In the dimly lit room, Ulrick and Reina lay peacefully in their beds, lost in the realm of dreams, while Bryce dozed off at his desk.

"Hey, Rosfield," Reina gently shook the slumbering boy.

"Huh? Oh, Reina, what is it now?" Bryce yawned, rubbing his eyes.

"Can we talk on the roof? I don't want to wake the others."

"Sure, but can't it wait until tomorrow?" Bryce questioned.

"No, it can't. Come on," Reina insisted, almost dragging Bryce along.

On the roof, the duo settled near the edge, beneath the shattered moon, enveloped in a contemplative silence.

"So, are you planning on saying something, or is this going to remain cryptic?" Bryce inquired.

"Shut up! Don't you dare get the wrong idea!" Reina blushed, a hint of embarrassment in her voice.

Taking a deep breath, Reina stammered, "I'm so-sorry. I let past trauma cloud my perception of who you are as a person."

"Need some help there?" Bryce teased.

"I'm sorry. There, I said it," Reina admitted.

"Your sorry?" Bryce raised an eyebrow.

"I let past trauma cloud my perception of who you are as a person..."

"Well, you're not entirely wrong. I can be lazy, and I have a lot to learn about being a leader. But that doesn't mean I'm going to let it stop me. I'm going to become a leader worthy of leading all of you because that's what you deserve," Bryce declared with determination.

"I'll become a comrade worthy of your leadership," Reina pledged.

"Let's mark this as a new beginning, Reina," Bryce suggested.

"Of course," Reina agreed.

The two of them sealed their commitment with a handshake, a silent understanding passing between them in the moonlit stillness of the night.

___________________________________

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

26.1K 649 33
A boy dreaming of becoming a hunter one day, was suddenly shattered by reality of his own curse. Was it really a curse or a blessing in disguise. I d...
13.9K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
58.6K 687 16
The White knight of Ice and the Red knight of flame, are known to be Immortal beings and the strongest huntsmen on Remnant, said to be even stronger...
1.1K 74 19
The dwelling monsters of Remnant, Grimm. Those who hunt grimm are called "Hunters". Diego Coronatus is a 17y old boy from Atlas who decided to attend...