ɪʟʟɪᴄɪᴛ ᴀꜰꜰᴀɪʀꜱ • ʀᴀꜰᴇ ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴏ...

Por delicatessss

Rafe Cameron's love and obsessions. JJ Maybank's issues and recklessness. Rafe Cameron x OC x JJ Maybank. OBX... Más

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄᴀꜱᴛ
ᴀᴇꜱᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄꜱ
ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛꜱ
𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕃𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼𝕃𝕍𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ

𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋

1K 18 8
Por delicatessss

• I don't know if I'm getting Rafe's addiction correctly, I just read about the symptoms and traits on the internet and I'm sorry if it's inaccurate. But feel free to correct me and letting me know about it.

• There's going to be a talk about drugs and withdrawal, I'm putting a trigger warning here.

TW: Talking about addiction, drugs and  withdrawals.

♡♡♡♡♡

"WHAT SUIT YOU'RE gonna get?" Hope asked as soon as they walk out from the store. She's holding the bag of her dress on her left hand while the other one finding its way back to intertwine with Rafe's.

She's no longer feels awkward doing it this time, she's the one who voluntarily holding his hand.

Rafe remains silence, he has no idea what type he needs it but he does know that he's going to buy a suit in a same colour as Hope's dress. A baby blue one to match her.

So anyone at the midsummer will knows that they're going together, that he's going with Hope. Rafe wants to make sure everybody knows that she's his girl so nobody would dare to approach her and taking her away from him.

"I don't know" Rafe mutters, shrugging his shoulder lightly.

That action causing Hope to purse her lips. She wants to help the boy to choose for the suit especially when he was helping her to choose her dress.

But how can she help him if he also doesn't know what he wants. She's not really master at choosing men's fashion but Topper sometimes will ask for her opinion while he's dressing himself.

"What about we start with a colour? What colour do you want to get?" Hope starts, maybe it will help for the starters.

Rafe glances at her "uh--" he hesitates.

His mouth really wants to spit out the answer from his mind but he's afraid Hope isn't liking the idea. What if she doesn't want to be in a same theme like him? She didn't want to go to the midsummer with him as a date after all.

"You think---you think it's okay if I want to get the same colour as your dress?" He finally asked, looking at her nervously.

"You want to buy a baby blue suit to match mine?" Hope raised her brows.

"Yeah. If---if you want to"

Hope smiles, she finds it kinda cute how Rafe wants to match her dress and also how he's hesitates to ask about it.

"We can get you a matching suit if you really want, I don't mind" Hope states, earning a look from him.

"Really?" he looks unsure.

"Of course. That would be nice, we're going together after all. We can be matching" she confirmed it.

Even though her heart escalating at the thought of being matching with Rafe at the midsummer. But she convinces herself that it would be nothing. Of course they can be matching, right?

She pretty sure no one would have an idea about it, not even Rafe. She already made it clear that she's going as his friend, not his date.

"Okay, we're gonna get a matching colour for my suit" Rafe beams, grinning at her.

"Yeah" Hope beams along with him. She likes it when he's all excited for something like this even though it's not really matter for most people.

But she likes it, because he looks so happy. This is how Rafe used to be, before the world corrupting him, before the unexpected expectations from Ward, before the cocaine involvement.

They continue their walk through the mall to find the store that catches Rafe's attention to buy his suit. They have a lot here and it somehow making it a little difficult to make a choice.

She proposed the idea to him to just pick one from Tasha's, she's also have various of choice. But Rafe insisted to look around for another store. She just agreed, it would be fun to walk around the mall with Rafe.

Rafe starts to feel his heart escalated and his muscles aching. His head starts to spin and he has the urges to vomit, that's when he stops walking. His hand quickly flies to his mouth, resisting the feels to throw all his guts here. Hope notices the action, she quickly holding him off.

"Woah, Rafe. You're okay?" she asked in concern, tugging on his arm.

"Don't touch me" Rafe shrugged her away, starting to feel irritated with the touch, he even dropped her hand that he held before. He can't help from feeling that way.

Hope stumbles away from him, taking aback with his sudden attitude. She's frowning, looking at him with hurt eyes. But seeing him like that, she convinces herself that he's not fine and has the right to push her away.

"I'm sorry" Hope apologizes.

Rafe opens his eyes and looking back to her, he caught the look from Hope. He feels bad "No, no. Don't be sorry, okay? Of course you can touch me" he quickly said "But----but not now. I don't feel good, I don't want to do anything to you"

She smiles back, nodding her head at the explanation "That's fine" she assured "You okay? Do we need to take a seat somewhere? We can take a minute" she asked.

Her face contorted with worry, her eyes scanning his face. He's scrunching up his face like he's in a pain while also sweating, they're literally in a place full of air-conditioning. She thought that he's sick, but she doesn't know how he's getting it.

"We can continue, I'm fine" Rafe insisted, though he's fully aware that he's not.

"Rafe, you're not fine. Just let's take a seat, okay? We can continue later" Hope urges, giving him a pleading look. She wants to touch him very bad, just to make sure he's fine.

But after what he said, she's not dare to do anything. Afraid she's gonna piss him more.

Rafe sighing, rubbing his face harshly before he nods. He's trying to avoid from make anything that could lead to a fight between them especially in his current state he's now.

The last thing he wants to do is to get in a quarrel with her in front all of these people.

Hope smiles when he's agreed, she's tugging on his arm but she quickly drop it when she remembered about his warning "I'm sorry" she mutters "Let's--let's heading there, there's a bench for us to sit down" she pointed at a wooden bench that placed for the people on the mall.

The Cameron boy frowns at the action from her, how he feels his heart breaking when Hope just drops his hand and the change of her face at it. He wants nothing to feel her touch on him, he's the one who always craving for it the whole times and now he can't stand it.

"Yeah" He just brushed it off.

"Can you walk?" Hope continues to ask, because he doesn't look like he can. But Rafe nods again, telling her that he's fine and capable of taking care of himself.

He's the one that supposed to take care of them, of Hope. Not the other way around.

And he hates it when he looks like he's needing a help, because that making him look weak. Rafe Cameron is everything but he's not weak, that's what he's been convinces himself for years. He's not weak, he can't be weak.

"Yeah, come on" Rafe starts to walk, ignoring his muscles that soaring with every steps he takes to reach the bench that only couple meters away from where they were standing.

He let out a cuss, scolding himself for feeling like this.

Hope following him from behind when he just bolted without waiting for her, trying to keep up with his big and long strides.

Rafe quickly taking a seat on the bench as soon as he reached it, letting out a deep breath and leaning against the wall. Running his fingers through his messy hair, shutting close his eyes.

She watches him with worry filling inside her. Her mind can't get rid of the thought about the drugs, maybe it has something to do with that.

After she knows about Rafe taking cocaine, she's searching about that on the internet and she learned a lot in one day.

The symptoms, the risk, the signs, the withdrawal, everything.

So, maybe she has an idea of what is happening. Maybe she can help him, but she's afraid to bring it up to Rafe. She does want to piss him about it, he's doing very good with his mood until now.

"Hey Rafe, can I ask you a question?"

Hope decides to just do it, it's worth it if it means to help Rafe from being this way. Rafe open his eyes, glancing at the girl that still standing instead of taking a sit to the empty spot next to him.

"What?" He said, sounds irritates though he's not really meant it.

"Promised me that you're not gonna be mad?"

Rafe scoff "Why would I be--"

"Just promised me, Rafe. I need your words" She cuts him before he can even finished his words, not wanting to listen to his rambles about it. Because she knows he will be mad, she just needs a certainty that he's not gonna to.

He grumbles, flaring his nostril at the demands. "Whatever. What is it?" he looks up to her, his back still against the wall with his chest heaving. Forehead beaded with sweats.

Hope chews her lips, looking at Rafe for a quick seconds before she takes a seat next to him. Dropping her bag of her dress on the floor just by her legs, her eyes never left Rafe that looks merely annoyed.

"Did you--did you take your drugs today?" She finally spit it out, lowering her tone so nobody can hear it except for them. Rafe feels his heart racing.

"Why do you ask? Do I look like I'm fucking doing drugs now?!" He snapped.

"You promised that you're not gonna be mad" Hope calmly states, knowing this is how he's going to react "Plus, I'm not asking if you're doing it now. I asked if you take it today, which means before now"

Rafe licks his lower lip, watching her calmly handling his tantrum "No, I didn't" he answered, in passive aggressive tone.

"Why didn't you? I thought you needed it everyday?" she asked softly, not even mad. But she is curious why he didn't take it, maybe this is the reason why he's like this.

He shoots her with a disbelief look when she asked the question, he thought she hates it if he's doing it? Why would she asked if he takes it or not?

"I uh---I just forget" he lied. He can't tell her that he's not taking it because of her, because he's trying to stay sober for as long as he can for her. That sounds lame, he doesn't want to look lame in front of her.

Hope knows he's lying, ain't no way he just forget to take it.

"When did the last time you had it?" she continues.

"Uh, yesterday evening"

It almost 24 hours, that's why he's been acting like this. Hope let out soft breath, slowly reaching for Rafe hand ignoring his previous warned about not touching him.

She notices the tremble, it getting obvious than before. Hope ignores it, intertwines their fingers back. Trying to give him a comfort.

Rafe watches the movements and almost flinch at the sudden touch from her, but he slowly leaning into it. He moves his fingers along with her, giving a tight hold as if she's gonna slip away from.

"Do you want to take it now?" Hope asked, though it almost takes everything in her to say it. She can't possibly watches him doing it, it almost like letting him ruining himself while she can save him from it.

But watching him now, Hope doesn't think she can just let him. Maybe he needs it more than he doesn't, what if he's going to get hurt more if she prevents him from doing it? She can't let him get hurts, she can't let it happens.

Not on her watch.

"You're not mad?" Rafe asked, his eyes lingering around her face trying to find any emotion that been telling him that she's against his action. But he only can see a soft smile that looking so pure, like whatever he's been doing isn't lethal.

"You need it, Rafe. I don't want you to get hurt because you forgot to take it" Hope states, giving him a soft and comforting smile to ease his feelings.

She can't be mad at him, she's not capable of being mad to pretty much everyone. Even though she did, it never for a long period.

"I'm trying to be sober for you, Mia. I thought I can hold it at least until we're done shopping" Rafe confessed, his voice getting shaky "I'm sorry for it" he continues.

"Hey, why are you sorry? It's a good start, don't you think? You last this long without it, it's a progress" she quickly cooed him "But, if you really want to go sober, you do it for yourself. Not for me, not for anyone"

Hope is glad that he's trying, especially for her. But she wants him to be the reason why, he shouldn't do for someone else. It's his life after all, not hers.

"I know. But it feels good to do it for you. It motivates me better" He confessed. As the result, he's successfully last almost 24 hours without it.

Because of Hope.

"I appreciate the effort, Rafe and I'm glad to be the reasons why" she mutters, feeling her heart warming "but it's your life, you should do it for you"

Rafe gazing his eyes at Hope. If only she knows that he couldn't care less about himself that's the reason he did it for Hope. Because he doesn't want to hurt her, he did it for her.

"But it's not a bad thing, right? For me to do it for you?"

"No, of course not. It's a good thing"

Hope quickly say, not wanting for him to get a wrong idea for it. It's better for him to do it for her instead not even trying not trying at all. It's a baby step, it's a progress. She wants Rafe to get better.

"Yeah" Rafe sniffing, pursing his lips.

"And I'm so proud of you, okay? Really proud" she brings her hand to touch his face, brushing his hair that messily fall down on his forehead.

Rafe feels his breath hitched, his body tensing. It's been long enough since the last time he has people touching him in a loving way instead of in aggressive way like his father always did.

Ward never hits him, but he's done some damage to his mentally that hurt as equally as physical damage.

"You're proud of me?" Rafe asked, still tensing under her touch.

"Yeah, I am" She confirmed, nodding her head.

His eyes start to watery, he feels so emotional and he hates that he feels like he wants to cry. He close his eyes and leaning into her touch, his breath no longer heavy and he found himself calming down.

"I'm gonna figure this shit out, okay? I'm gonna---I'm gonna take care of us" Rafe said, pointing to himself with his fingers "I'm gonna take care of you, yeah" he nods his head multiple times.

"I know, Rafe. I know you will" Hope acknowledged him "But--can you promised me to only use a little?" Hope continues, speaking out her worry.

She's okay if Rafe still doing it, to prevent him from being like this. But she also doesn't want him to keep depending on it, that's not gonna help him at all. So, maybe by doing it in a small amount will do.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm gonna use just a little, you don't have to worry" Rafe assured.

But he knows the seconds he has that in front of himself, ain't no way he can just takes a little. He has no control over it. But what Hope doesn't know won't hurt her.

Hope smiles, satisfied with her answers and she believes him.

"Do you have it with you now?" she questioned.

Rafe quickly touching his pockets, he always has it in there for obvious reasons. He nods, patting it lightly to tell her.

Hope gulped, he had it with him the whole time. That actually making her to shiver a little knowing he could just doing it the whole time but it also so comforting that he refused to do it because of her.

"Come on, we still need to find a matching baby blue suit for you" Hope changes the topic, trying to lift up the emotion around them.

"Yeah" Rafe beams back, still exciting over it "I'm gonna have a go, okay? I'll be back as fast as I can. Then we can continue find the matching suit for me" he said, ready to get up from the bench.

"Okay, I'll be waiting for you here" Hope smiles, letting him go.

Rafe gets up from the bench, he gives Hope a look, an excited one before he turns and walk towards the toilet.

Ignoring the still soaring and aching feeling on his body. The thought of having the line already exciting him enough, he can't wait to feel the adrenaline entering him again.

•••

RAFE LOOKS DIFFERENT.

After he did the line back at the mall, he comes back with a very big smile plaster on his face and his whole mood change. It's not like she wants to complain about it because the boy being nothing but so nice to her the whole time, but the fact a drug is the reason he's been acting so normal causing her to have mix feeling about it.

She doesn't know if Rafe notices the change on him after he took the drugs but she won't say a thing. No right now at least. She was the one who suggested for the drug but can people blame her for it?

She was worry about Rafe, he doesn't look fine before.

Seeing him looks so happy and doing fine like this making her feels things, she's glad that he's no longer in pain. She's also glad that she doesn't need to handle his mood swings or irritation that comes out of nowhere. She hates it when the boy yelling at her or becomes so violence.

Thankfully.

"You sure you want do this? We can come back later" Hope asked as soon as they pulled up for OBX summer movie series right after they drive away from the mall.

Rafe got a call from Topper while they were trying some suits for Rafe, telling them to meet him there and Rafe is happily to oblige, which Hope finds it strange.

"Yeah, it can be fun" Rafe confirmed, he's still look energetic and full of moods. "Don't you want to have fun with me?"

"Of course I want to have fun with you, I did have fun with you. Today is full of fun" Hope states, giving him a happy smile. She's not lying, Rafe made her feels so much fun today since he took her for breakfast.

"We can have more fun together, then" Rafe states, killing the engine and unbuckle the belt from his body ready to make his way into there.

Hope just obliged, she's totally can have more fun with Rafe today. Especially when he looks so happy to do it with her.

"Okay" Hope states, unbuckling the belt too and hop out from the truck.

Her eyes scanning the place as soon as her feet planted on the grass, people already start roaming around for the movies. It's not start for another hour but she can tell it's going to be crowded by the minutes.

"Come on, I don't want to hear Top bitching about us being late" Rafe rounded to her side from the driver seat, locking the car "He's already bitter enough about me taking you to the midsummer"

"Is that why I caught you guys almost maimed each other face earlier?" she asked, remembered how she caught Rafe shoving Topper back at her house before they went to the mall.

"Yeah, one of the reasons why"

"There's another reasons?" She curiously asked, raising her brows. Not like she really wants to know about it, not really her business but she just can't help it.

"Yeah. Not really important. Boy things" Rafe said.

He can't really tell the reasons why, it's going to ruin their day and the fun that they had. Rafe wants his day to be like this forever, to spend with Hope, to have her everywhere he goes.

"Yeah, I don't really want to know about it" Hope states, she already can imagine what it would be.

"Exactly, come on" Rafe beckoned for her to get to his side so he can hold her again, he wants to keep touching her.

Hope walks towards him, he already hold out his hand for her to grab it. But instead of grabbing it, she gives it a look before she glances up to Rafe.

Rafe seems to notice the hesitant from the girl, he drops his hand "Why? You don't want to hold my hand?" he asks, there's a bitterness lacing his tone.

"It's not like that, I do want to hold your hand" Hope states, she would be happily to do that.

But they're going to be in a place where a lot of people they know will be, including her brother. She doesn't want people to get the idea, she doesn't want Topper to bombard her with questions she can't answer.

"Are you afraid that your boyfriend will see you're holding another man's hand?"

"What are you talking about? I told you I don't have a boyfriend. Stop saying that" she scolds him, starts to feel defensive.

Her mind suddenly wander about JJ, she wonders if that boy will be here tonight. What will he thinks if he saw she's holding Rafe's hand, would he be mad?

But she quickly brushing away the thought. Why would JJ cares if she's holding Rafe's hand? It's not like they're in a relationship, they're friends. Just like Rafe and her.

"Then why don't you?" Rafe urges again, this time he's fully facing Hope. He's trying to get the answer out from her.

"Topper will be waiting for us, I don't think he'll be please if he saw us holding hand" Hope pointed out, that's her main reason why "You said he's already bitching about the midsummer thing, I don't want to hear him berating me more"

Rafe let out a protest sigh but he knows Hope is right. He couldn't care less about what Topper will thinks, he can brag about it if he wants and Rafe would simply tell him to fuck off. That boy literally screwing his sister and he didn't say a shit about that, but he knows how much Hope care about it.

After all, Topper is right when he said he cares about Hope more than Rafe cares about his sister. They have a total different siblings relationship and Hope not hating Topper like Sarah hating him.

"Fine, whatever" Rafe grumbles, rolling his eyes.

"Don't be mad at me, Rafe. You know I would do it if this under another circumstances" Hope pleads, she doesn't want him to be mad at her. She doesn't want this silly thing ruining the other thing they could have.

"I'm not mad at you" he quickly states "I understand, okay? Topper is a brat, I don't want to hear him bitching about it in my ears too"

Hope smiles and sigh in relief, maybe she should thank to the drugs in his system.

"Come on, we're getting late" she said, beckoning for him to join her side this time.

Rafe just smirks, he then willingly latching on her side before he drapes his arm around her shoulder just like he always did. Hope didn't say anything this time, knowing she's also enjoy the action from the boy. They continue to walk into the place, scanning for her brother among the people.

When they finally found Topper, the boy is talking with Kelce somewhere behind the crowd. They keep going until they reaching them, Topper already starts squinting his eyes at them.

"What taking forever for you two to be here?" he starts, facing both his sister and his friend.

He's still not quite over the fact they both are going to the midsummers together and just coming home from their shopping for the event and many more reasons about it.

Plus, he's here for a very obvious reason. To corner the Pogues about his boat, he knows they're going to be here.

"Chill out, okay? Don't be so uptight" Rafe is the first to speak, still keeping his arm around the girl. Hope just grinning at her brother, trying to avoid any mouth fight between them that obviously will happen if she open her mouth about it.

Topper rolls his eyes at the words from Rafe.

But he's still grateful that his sister is still in one piece and seeing how the both of them look so fond of each other, he just assume nothing bad happened between them. Though he doesn't like the fact they're getting close, too close for his liking.

He gives Rafe a look, silently telling him about their plan and the Pogues. Rafe caught it, he nods his head getting the sign from him. He then drops his arm from the girl, he needs to send Hope somewhere in order for them to be able to talk about it. He knows she's not gonna be in a same boat with them.

"Sarah's not here with us?" Hope suddenly asked her brother when she can't catch any glimpse of the blonde girl.

Topper pursed his lips at the question, knowing they're not really talking about the incident on the roof "Uh no, I don't tell her about being here" Topper said.

"Why? Are you two fighting again?"

"No" Topper exclaimed "We're just, we're just not in a talking term for a while" Hope narrowing her eyes, she thinks she knows why.

"Is this because of what happened on the roof?" she chimes, earning the look from the other boys.

Topper tensing at the bring out event from Hope, of course she knows about it. Of course Sarah would tell her.

"Why? What happened on the roof?" Kelce suddenly butt in, can't help to feel curious. Glancing in between the siblings, he knows it's a hot story. Kelce always down for any sensational gossips.

"It's nothing, just mind your own business dude" Topper snapped.

"Chill dude, I'm literally just asking" Kelce hold up both of his hands in the air, but he's totally enjoy making the boy getting snappy because of it.

"Maybe you need to shut up" Topper bitterly say.

"Okay, shut up both of you. I don't want to know about your never ending fight between you and my bitchy sister" Rafe chiming in, snapping at them causing them to stop.

He has no times for that, it's not even worth to talk about. He has enough with Topper bitching about it to him every time he and Sarah had fights.

"Uh, I obviously want to know" Hope states, looking up to the older boy "She's my friend, of course I want to know if my brother acting like a douche to her. And I obviously want to know why she's not here with me"

"Okay, why don't you go run back to her and ask her why? It's not like we want you to be here" Topper snapped, feeling irritates at how Hope keep bringing up about the girl.

It wasn't his entirely fault, Sarah not even answering to his texts and calls. How it's his fault for not inviting or telling her that they're here.

"I don't even know how she's tolerate with you everyday, I barely can do that" Hope spats, ready to defend her best friend if Topper really want to talk about this.

Topper is about to square with her but Rafe already stands in between them, stopping the quarrel.

"Stop it, okay? It's ridiculous" Rafe states, pushing Topper back to his position. The boy flare his nostril, glaring at her.

"Hey, why don't you and Kelce go find a spot for us while me and Top getting some foods and drinks?" Rafe chiming, looking down to the redhead.

It also a move to send Hope away so they can talk about what they're going to do if the Pogues show up here. Can't really do that with her around them, it only ruins everything.

"Good, you go handle your friend" Hope bitterly said, moves away from Rafe's side to Kelce's. She would be happy to do that, to stay away from her brother.

"Okay, we'll be right behind you" Rafe nods, he hands out couple notes of money for Hope in case she needs to buy something for them "Go buy us plastic chairs or something. Think we'll be needed it, I don't want to get my ass down on the grass"

She glances down to his hand "Rafe, I have money, okay? I can use mine"

"It's okay, just use mine" Rafe insisted "I'll take care of us, remember? Take it"

Hope debating if she should accept it or not, he already spend enough for her today. He paid for her dress back at the mall even though Hope convinced him that it will be accounted to her father's, just like she always did. But the boy still insisted to pay that for her, saying the same thing about him taking care of her.

He also bought her a necklace for her to wear to the midsummer, saying it's a gift because she's agreed to go with her this time. She refused at first, saying she doesn't need it and he doesn't have to do that.

Even if she really wants one, she can always buy it for herself. Her father gives her his card for a reason, it's not like he cares if she spends for the things she wants.

"Dude, if you're not taking it I will" Kelce nudges her side, he's totally going to do that.

"Fine" Hope finally agreed, taking the money from his hand. But she already decides to not spend it, she's gonna keep it and hands them back to him when the time is right.

Rafe grins at the comply.

"Come on, Kelce" Hope tugging on his arm, dragging the boy along with her. The boy pleads the goodbye to his friends with a big and cheeky smile before he's turns back to Hope.

When they far enough from Topper and Rafe, Kelce ready to bombard her with questions. He pulls his arm from her hold, giving him the girl a look. Hope notices the action from him.

"What?" she asks while still continues her walk.

"So---what's the deal between you and Rafe? I heard you're going to the midsummer with him?" he spit that out without hesitates "Are you two like together now?"

That causing Hope to scoff "We're not together and we're going to the midsummer as friends, it's not really a big deal"

"Mm-hm" Kelce nods his head, but he's totally not buying the bullshit from her. He saw how Rafe been treating her lately, that's so unusual. He also heard how Topper whining at him about them, how he doesn't like the fact they're getting closer lately.

"What? I'm telling you the truth, we're friends. That's it" Hope states it, sensing the boy not believing her.

"Yeah, and I'm white boy with a blonde hair"

"What?!" Hope squeals, giving him a look like he's crazy or something.

"What? I thought we're saying shits that not true at all?" Kelce raised his brows.

"You're crazy, Kelce. Why are we even talking about this? I can't go to a midsummer with Rafe as his friend?" Hope pointed it out, not understand why he's making it as a big deal.

"Sure---" Kelce trails, he's totally not believing her. He knows something is up between his friends, maybe not now at least. But he knows something will happen for the upcoming event, he's already rooting for it.

Hope rolls her eyes at how he's making fun of her for it "That's it, I'm not dealing with you" she concludes "Here, takes the money and go find chairs for us. I'll go reserved a spot" she shoves her money instead of Rafe's to Kelce, not wanting to deal with the boy.

"Oh come on, it's not like the world is going to burn if you're actually dating him" Kelce exclaims "It's like, The Camerons and The Thorntons are destiny together" he continues, pointing the fact both of their siblings dating each other.

"Shut up and go mind your own business" Hope shoves him by his shoulder, she's totally not gonna have another conversations with him about this.

"Fine, fine" Kelce finally giving up, rolling his eyes at the hard pushed from her almost causing him to stumble down to the grass.

"Go away" Hope said, motions with her fingers to send him away.

Kelce giving her the finger before he turns to a vendor that selling the items they need it.

Hope just shook her head, letting out a small chuckle before she's scanning the place for a perfect spot. Not noticing a presence of blonde hair boy walking into the scene with his friends.

•••

JJ MAYBANK can't sit still on his position, aware that he's being in the middle of Kook's land where Topper and Rafe can anytime cornered both him and Pope.

But he's not going to back away if thing really go down between them, he won't let the Kooks winning without him fighting back. Not this time, not again.

People already starts crowding the place, bringing their own things to enjoy the movies. His eyes scanning around the place, to make sure they're not under any threats.

Until he catches a familiar figure standing in between the crowds
JJ saw Hope walking to the field all alone without any of her Kook's friends. She looks like she's searching for spot, judging from how she's scanning the place.

He remembered about their meeting this morning, he wonders if she already knows about what Topper and Rafe did to Pope.

He wonders if she actually thinks they're the one who sunk her boat. He wonders what her reaction will be if she knows it was them did it.

Will she be mad at him? Does she still wants to be friends with him anymore? Is she gonna hate him for it?

The thought of it making him shudder a little. He's totally can't survive if she's ends up hating him and cut short their friendship.

JJ wants to keep be friends with her, she's a good company to keep
But then, he comes to a realization that if Hope is here then Topper and Rafe obviously going to be here too no doubts.

He's still can't see the boys anywhere but he knows they're here. Ain't no way they aren't here.

"You see anyone?" Pope asked while making up the place so they can spend their night watching the movies in comfortable though they literally walking right into the lion's den.

"Not the douches" JJ answered, helping the boy to sprawl the blanket on the grass.

"What do you mean?"

"Just spot princess over there" JJ jerks his head towards Hope causing Pope to follows his direction. He's too then spot the girl, talking with Kelce this time while the boy handing couple of things for the movies.

"Shit, they're totally here" Pope chimes, looking back to JJ with panic eyes.

"Calm down, okay? We'll be fine" JJ assured him again.

"How do you know?"

"They're not going to do shit on us in public, okay? We'll keep our position like that" JJ said, trying to convince the boy even more "I don't think they can do much if Hope is here, she won't let shit going down, trust me"

"you have so much faith in that girl JJ. Are you really know her that well?" Pope pointed out, he notices how JJ keep talking about Hope like he's so sure of what she'll be doing.

JJ glances at Pope "I told you, bro. I just know"

The Heyward boy just sighing, shaking his head a little. He knows he can't say much about it, but he knows JJ reserved some sort of feelings for the rich girl. Though Pope already reminds him that it almost impossible for them to happen.

"Just saw Rafe back there" Kiara suddenly spoke, walking back after bought them some drinks 'he said and I quote 'tell your boy, we know what he did' what that supposed to mean?"

The boys taking the Pepsi cans that Kiara hands to them while giving each other a look. JJ shakes his head, telling Pope to not say a shit about it just like they're promised.

"Where is he?" JJ asked, still acts casual.

Kiara turns and pointed at the back where Topper, Rafe, Kelce along with Hope standing just couple meters away from them.

Only Topper and Rafe looking at them, casually sipping on their drink with eyes darted on them. Kelce and Hope seems to get lost inside their own world, arguing about something.

JJ can see the annoyed look plaster on her face while facing the boy. But not in a bad way.

Another thing he notices is how Rafe's got his arm wrapping around her shoulder, bringing the girl closer to him. JJ glares at him, he doesn't like that at all.

Rafe seems to catch the glare from the blond making him to bringing Hope closer to him. Giving the cocky smirk to JJ trying to provoke the Maybank boy. JJ almost crushed his Pepsi can.

"Great, the whole death squad" Pope mumbles, snapping JJ from his own thought.

"Don't stare, bro" JJ grabs his head and turning it back from keep looking at the Kooks.

"You say they're not together?" Pope whispered as soon as they turned away "That doesn't look like they're just friends at all, JJ" he continues, obviously talking about Rafe and Hope.

"Shut up, Pope. They're not together" JJ states, he refused to believe that until he heard Hope tell him about it by herself. Because she can't be with Rafe, that doesn't sit right to him.

"You're seriously need help, JJ. She doesn't want you, she's just being nice"

"I said, shut up Pope!" JJ whispered yell, shutting the boy up.

He's totally not wanting to hear any nag from Pope telling him about that. Even though he can't help to admit that Pope might be right about it.

"What are you guys talking about?" Kiara interfere, not getting what the boys are talking about and it seems important enough.

"Nothing!" Both Pope and JJ answer at the same time, too fast for her not to be suspicious about it. They totally up to something, something that she's still yet to know. Kiara squints her eyes, not believing them at all.

"Just warning you, bro. If they corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay? Slice and dicing, I'm on the edge right now" JJ focus back on Pope, telling him about the possibility of fight that might go down between them.

"Yeah, yeah" Pope nods.

"If that doesn't work. I got this right there" JJ grabs his backpack and hold it up, obviously talking about the gun "So, we just gotta stay in the group. They can't get us in the group" he continues.

"Like a school of fish. Stay in the school. Can't leave the school" Pope adds, repeating that to himself. Agreeing with the plan conduct by JJ.

Kiara seems to know what JJ meant with his bag, she can feel her blood drawn at the thought of the boy bringing the gun here. In the place that roaming with people, kids specifically. He's going to throw all of them, him mostly right under the bus if anyone caught him with the gun in a public space.

"I'm sorry, JJ. Please tell me that you did not bring a gun here. JJ, there are kids!" Kiara squeals, looking at the boy.

"Kie, I didn't bring the gun. Everything's fine, okay?" JJ assured, looking unbothered.

"Wow, thank you. That's really convincing, I love that JJ" she sarcastically said, totally not believing the boy.

He's going to cause another problem, she can tell. JJ gives the girl a look, taking the anger from her words. He looks away, pursing his lips.

"Founding principle, you guys. No secrets amongst Pogues. What is Rafe talking about?" Kiara chimes, still wanting to know what's the Cameron boy utter earlier. She knows there's something, and the boys are hiding it from her.

Pope is the one who starts to move "Kie, it might go down tonight" he said, leaning closer to Kie.

"What does that mean? 'might go down tonight' what did y'all do?" Kie asks again, still not getting it. They aren't really give the exact answer she wants.

But Pope already leans away, not trying to explain more to the girl. He looks up to JJ but the blonde only shakes his head and mutter 'deny, deny, deny' to him. Enough to tell Pope to not say a thing anymore.

When the things go silence between them, JJ find himself glancing back to the Kooks for a certain redhead girl. Rafe and Topper are no longer glaring at the Pogues, they all got distract by theirnown conversations.

He saw Hope over there, a can of Coke is on her hand while she's talking about something that JJ can't catch about, but she looks excited about it. He just knows it's about something that she loves, that caught her interest.

JJ loves it when she's talking about something she loves. How her eyes sparkling with excitement, staring right into his. How her mouth curls up to show her biggest smile, making a pleasant sound when she's laughing about it.

He watched how Rafe holds out his hand and tucking her hair that messily fall out from face behind her ear. How her smile getting wider while looking up to the older boy. That making his heart clenching, they does look like a couple.

JJ chews his lip, giving them one last look before he looks away. Back to the reality.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

165K 2.5K 38
where a kook wanted a swing at a pogue and then set the island ablaze. rafe cameron x pogue Disclaimer: INCREDIBLY mature content
12.7K 602 7
i was filled with poison but blessed with beauty and rage 𓍢ִ໋ outer banks 𓍢ִ໋ jj maybank x fem!oc 𓍢ִ໋ season one - tbd ...
2.4K 61 13
"𝙞 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙧𝙖𝙛𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙜𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩." [obx season one - tbd] [oc x r...
26K 494 5
'you're not in love with me, you're obsessed.' outer banks, season one-? rafe cameron x fem!oc ©2024, anqelitas part of my...