Kaeli, The Last Guardian

By SolaRadiance

This is the Life of a girl named Kaeli Bright. The Ethereal Dragon Slayer. One that has a power hidden deep w... More

History of the Guardians
Kaeli (Luminous)
Reunion
Spell
Team Natsu
Darkness
Memories
The Guardians
Monsters and Demons
Venzor Village
Experimental Demons
Demonic Flames
Feel again
White Magic
Home
Luminous
Where it began
Luminous returned
Our fight
Dark Side
Mind
Remaing Whole
Family

Who I am.

4 0 0
By SolaRadiance

I slowly stood up and looked at my siblings. I closed my eyes and took a breath, releasing it. I realized this was not my fault, but rather just events that had shaped me into who I am. Who I have become. The person I am now and the person I was is different.

I walked in front of them and gave a warm smile. "I'm going to put you guys to rest and you can live on in peace."

I opened my eyes and went to my knees. I placed my hands on the ground, taking in the love of everyone in the guild and the love I have for them. I let that love flow into my very being. Summoning light from inside me, I focused it on my hands and released all the love I had to give into the spell I was casting.

The power that was coming from my spell created a wind current to me that made my hair blow different directions and my clothes blew back to behind me. I looked at the three of them. "We may have had a rough past, and you made mistakes. Things could have been different. Then maybe we could have been a true family. However, I would not change things because I found my way here to my family. If I changed things, then I would not have Fairy Tail."

I blinked and let the spell forth. A spell that I never cast before, a spell I created for this exact moment if they deserved it. However, every soul deserves peace. Every soul deserves a second chance. Every being needed a place in life and the chance to thrive. I will give them it. I will purify their souls, and have them reborn with no memory of their past. "Purity."

"I wish you guys a good life when you are reborn." I watched as they slowly started to fade and They turned to bright golden specks that disappeared, no longer being here.

I stood up and fixed my hair, repositioning my clothes and turned, looking at everyone. "Thank you everyone for not giving up on me. I am sorry for it all."

Makarov looked at me. "All the pain you go through, is our pain. The things you feel, others in this guild will feel to an extent. Hold your head high girl. You are a member of Fairy Tail."

I looked at him and hugged him tightly. I started crying and could not stop. The tears just kept coming down. I had a home and it was here. It always has been since I joined. Since I set foot here in this guild. I was home.

×××

I boarded the train with a duffel bag and found a seat. I was taking my life in my own hands. It was time for me to stop closing myself off from others. From my family. I did leave a note saying I was going on a journey on my own for some time. It was what I needed.

I could not face everyone on my own. I could not tell them goodbye in person. I knew Lucy, Laxus, Grey and Erza would support my decision. I knew they would want me to be happy. Sure they would be sad to see me leave, but they knew I'd send word about my travels and how I was.

Natsu. However, he would throw a fit and try to chase after me. He would not understand that I was ready to be on my own. I had just returned and he would miss me. This I know. He never liked change and would want to go with me. I was breaking my promise to him. One I made when we were younger. I doubt he even remembers. He has a bad memory.

×××

I laughed as I looked at Natsu on the ground, exhausted and trying to catch his breath. He picked another fight with me yet again, but lost like he always does. I did not even break a sweat, while he was scraped up a bit and had a few tears in his clothes.

I bent down to him and held my hand out. "Come on Natsu."

I felt a source of darkness and dropped Natsu by mistake as I was helping him up. "Ow!" I stared off in the direction it came from and knew I had to go. It was someone who was slowly turning into a demon. I looked at Natsu and smiled slightly. "Sorry. I got distracted."

I helped him up and then disappeared. I left and went home to get the things I needed. Once I had everything packed and left my mansion. I teleported to the guild and stood in front of the Master. He looked down at me from the top of the counter and did not smile, but looked at me. He looked serious and concerned. He always was when I went on these missions. "You take care of yourself and stay safe. Return with pride and victory."

"You're leaving again? How long this time?" I heard a voice behind me and  looked at the Dragon Slayer behind me.

"Natsu.. You know I cannot answer that. It can take a year." I smiled faintly and messed up his hair with my hand.

I made my way to the guild doors. He always did this. Always waited for me. Never stopped worrying. He was a big baby. I love it dearly about him, but he always tried following me. I felt a tug at my heart and let out a breath as I felt the intense stare of Natsu and then his usual words. "Let me come!"

I stopped and looked at him. This was getting old, and I knew this one was a dangerous one. Natsu would die. I saw it in a dream. This was the very time he would. The time I let him join me was the time he died.

I took me arm away and shook my head. "You are not strong enough."

"I got stronger! I can do this! Let me go with you!" He yelled and I started to get irritated and knew I had to be harsh or he would not stop.

I looked at him and was stern. "I can't do my job if I am babysitting a small hatchling. It is not time yet Natsu. I promise that I will take you with me when everything is settled."

I walked away and went down the path to the road and heard him yell to me. "I will wait!"

Although, this was the time I was having master, Mira, and Erza do the spell and make me be forgotten. I was going to be erased of everyone's minds. Everyone's except those I was closest to and Master, who had to release me from the spell when the time was right. I was not coming back for a long time.

×××

It was time for me to leave and explore the world. To take in what I could in this life. I never was able to sit back and enjoy the little things I had before. I still had the duty as a Guardian, but I had more freedom. I did not have to worry any longer.

It turned out that Dolus ended up being a member of the assassination guild that hunts the guardians. However, it only took a year for him to take it down and destroy it completely. I forgave him for the past. The darkness controlled him.

Yes, it has been a year since I cast that spell and purified the souls of my siblings. They were reborn somewhere in this world to have a new life like I do. I made sure it would be a happy life. What kind of life, I had no idea, but I made sure they would not be miserable and less likely to go to darkness. It was my job. My duty to get rid of the darkness.

I closed my eyes to rest, when I heard a loud noise and the screaming of my name as I watched people jump. Flames appeared in front of me and I couldn't help but smile as I heard a familiar dragon slayer. "You said when everything was settled!"

I opened my eyes and made contact with Natsu's. "I did say that didn't I?"

He stood there with the biggest grin on his face ever. I soon heard the others running to the train, making their way to my seat. Natsu most likely just took off after he heard what was in the letter and they had to go after him. Like always.

"I'm not waiting little hatchling. You better be packed and have what you need." I stated and he pointed to his bags at his feet as I snorted. "Where did you-? I'm not going to question it."

I looked at the others who were the same way. Lucy and Grey had their own bags and Erza with her wagon of stuff outside. I laughed and looked at them all. "I was not ever going to be leaving on my own was I?"

Lucy smiled and gave me a thumbs up. "It will be nice to have a small break from everything."

Grey sat across from me next to Lucy and his shirt was gone. No surprise there. "You do not leave for a journey without me. You know that."

Erza sat down on the other end of me. "We are a team. We all go together."

Natsu laughed and sat on the outside seat. "This is a team journey."

I laughed as the train started moving and Natsu fell over on my lap all pale from his motion sickness.

This was my life. This is my family and I could not ask for anything else. I am now aware of who I am. I am Kaeli Luminous Bright. Fairy Tail's Ethereal Dragon slayer, goddess of light and life. I am a person with a home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 69 32
Warning: Self harm & violence Ikari Damashi , daughter of Aki, a non-mage and Yoru, a Heavenly Body Magic user. When her village is attacked by a dem...
36.2K 820 30
Natsu returns from his year away to find that Lucy is missing and the guild has been disbanded. Now he must bring everyone together to find the girl...
97.3K 1.6K 58
Ever since Lisanna came back, Natsu has hated Lucy. The rest of the guild didn't change, but Natsu did. He started ignoring her and leaving on jobs w...
161K 3.7K 28
Lucy is being ignored because Lisanna came back from the dead and that's when Lucy's life turned upside down. Lucy is ignored for months the only peo...