What Are You Doing? | M. Dani...

Da deathkidlvl

A simple question started off a crazy story. Altro

WYD
CHRISTMAS
TROUBLE
TANTRUM
OVERPROTECTIVE
DISTANT
CONFUSED
KISS
HBD
NORMAL
PROM
TENSION
COMFORT?
GRADUATION
CONGRATULATIONS
SURPRISE
LEAN ON ME
JEALOUS
JEALOUS (PT. II)
FAMILY
PRIVILEGE
18 DINOSAURS
TIME FLIES
SECRET
CLINGY
ADOPTIVE MOM
FIRST DATE
SNEAKY
HAPPY
CONFESSION
WHERE ARE YOU?
DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL
PART OF THE FAMILY
ALL GROWN UP
DATE NIGHT

LIVING TOGETHER

1K 70 14
Da deathkidlvl

Narrator

It had been a whole week of Y/n living with The Marsh-Mo Family.

There was still a lot of adjusting to do, but Danielle and Y/n were already bickering like long lost siblings.

At least that's how Mr. & Mrs. Marsh saw it.

- Danielle POV -

"That's my shirt. Take it off!" I yelled at Y/n.

Y/n kept refusing to give me my shirt back. The one I had let them borrow on Christmas Eve.

"You got other shirts. I just have the one!" Y/n yelled back.

"Kids!!" Dad yelled from downstairs.

He had been trying to get us to stop fighting for the last 20 minutes, but Y/n just kept refusing to take my shirt off.

"Daddy, tell Y/n to give me my shirt back!" I yelled down the stairs.

"Dani, you have other ones!" Dad yelled back.

Y/n gave me a smug look and stuck their tongue out in victory.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes in annoyance.

I wasn't even really mad about the shirt.

I had been mad at Y/n since the night before for completely ditching us for our New Year's Celebrations. Y/n just went up and disappeared for hours. They didn't return until a few minutes before the New Year's countdown.

I was so pissed that Dad would even allow that.

"You didn't even celebrate New Year's with us. You shouldn't be given the right to share my things. It's a family tradition and you missed it," I pouted a bit annoyed.

Suddenly, the very shirt I had been fighting for landed on my shoulder.

I looked over at Y/n and they were changing into their old clothes.

"Can't expect me to follow traditions of a family I'm not even a part of," Y/n coldly told me before walking out of the room.

I sighed out in frustration.

It seemed like I had said something wrong again.

Y/n and I couldn't seem to get along because we were so different.

Y/n was kind of pessimistic and I was the complete opposite.

Y/n kept on saying that they weren't a part of the family, even though Dad explicitly told Y/n that they were now a part of the family.

I couldn't understand why couldn't just be happy that they now had somewhere to stay.

- Y/N POV -

"Did she say something again?" Mr. Marsh asked as I walked down the stairs.

It seemed like he noticed that I had changed.

I just took a deep breath in response.

"It's fine," I coldly answered.

"No, I'll have a talk with her," Mrs. Marsh began to walk up the stairs.

"It's fine," I tried to stop him.

"She doesn't understand and that's a good thing. I wouldn't want her to understand anyway," I coldly told him.

Mr. Marsh sighed and walked back down the stairs.

He had heard me say that about 3 times now.

I didn't care if Danielle didn't understand my situation. Yes, her comments hurt at times.... but I rather her be ignorant of the horrors of the world... than to learn that the world isn't such a happy place.

"Y/n, we're going back to school shopping. So make a list of what you need for school," Mrs. Mo suddenly told me.

"It's okay. Thank you," I politely declined.

Mrs. Mo gave me a death glare and I cleared my throat a little.

"I mean, Yes Ma'am," I corrected myself.

"Since I'm going back to school too. You can use my room. Just try not to change too much. I have it that way for a reason!" Danielle's older sister suddenly yelled from the living room.

"Good, maybe then Y/n can touch your stuff instead of mine!" Danielle said as she walked down the stairs.

I sighed in annoyance and looked over at Mr. Marsh.

He nodded to give me permission and I walked out the house.

- Danielle POV -

It was finally the first day back to school and I was happy to not have to spend my whole day bickering with Y/n.

I was also happy that it was my last semester of High School.

Soon enough, I'd be packing my things and getting ready to go to college.

I was so excited to finish High School and start a new chapter in my life.

"Hey, Girrrlll!" My friend Hanni greeted me as I walked into the school.

"Oh my god, heeeyyyy!!!" I ran up to hug her.

Hanni was one of my best friends. She was a bit of tease, but I knew I could always count on her when I was having a hard time.

"Oh my god, it's that kid!" Hanni suddenly gasped.

I furrowed my brows a bit confused and turned to look at what she was looking at.

It was Y/n.

"Y/n goes to my school?" I pondered a little.

Y/n had ended up taking the bus to school. So I had no idea what school they went to. I had assumed it was a different school than mine since mom would've just dropped us off together if that wasn't the case.

"Oh my god, I saw them sleeping in the park."

"I saw them wondering around town all break."

"I wonder if they've showered at all."

Suddenly, the hall started to fill with whispers as Y/n walked into the main hallway.

I was about to wave Y/n 'hello', when they just rudely walked past me.

I was a bit offended, but I was used to it by now. It didn't seem like Y/n liked me very much anyway.

"Rrruuuddee," Hanni chuckled out.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Probably just having a bad morning," I tried to give Y/n an excuse.

"Okay, C'mon. I don't want to be late to first period!" I told Hanni, grabbing her hand and dragging her with me.

- Y/N POV -

I was annoyed all day.

I spent my whole morning arguing with my academic counselor about my grades. She kept on wanting to change my schedule so I could graduate on time.

Eventually, we ended up on agreeing to only change half my schedule.

She had placed me in classes she thought would be easier for me to pass.

It really wasn't a matter of the class being hard or not, but of the subject and how the teacher ran the class.

The school was the first to be notified of my situation last semester. So, they knew I had nowhere to go and do my homework... or.... that I wasn't able to afford supplies for fancy school projects and presentations.

That is mostly why my counselor wanted to change my classes.

But I thought it was stupid to change my whole schedule just so I got stuck with the lame teachers that only assigned essays or reading.

*RING, RING*

The bell for the last class rang and I sighed in annoyance.

My last class was another new class for me.

It was a psychology class in the part of school I had never had classes in. My whole 4 years of High School, I had never had a class in that part of school.....

So, I got lost and walked late into class.

As I walked in, I heard the whispers I had been hearing all day start up again.

"Oh my god, the homeless kid is in our class."

"Do you think they've showered?"

"Maybe we should invite them into our group to be nice."

I took a deep breath, trying to keep calm.

"Take any empty seat," The teacher told me.

I did as I was asked and took an empty seat that had no one else seating next to it.

Suddenly, I noticed who else was in the class.

It was Danielle.

I had sort of forgotten that Danielle was kind of like the IT Girl of the school.

I had been too in my head about my situation to remember anything about school or who even went to it.

I had bigger shit to worry about than who the hell the pretty girl of the school was.

Either way, I did my best to just ignore her existence in class. That's until....

The teacher said, "Partner up!"

Everyone started to mingle together or partner up with their friends and I had no idea who to talk to...

It was a bit nerve wrecking really.

"Maybe one of us should partner up with the sad kid," I suddenly heard a group of girls say.

"I don't know. I feel like they're mean. They're probably homeless for a reason," Another girl responded.

"Y/n, come here!" Danielle suddenly requested.

The whole class went silent and turned to stare at me.

I turned to look Danielle a bit annoyed and she suddenly started embarrassing the hell out of me.

She was making heart poses and blowing me kisses.

"What the fuck is wrong with her?" I asked myself.

Danielle signaled me to come over again and groaned in annoyance.

The whole class wouldn't stop staring at me.

I lazily got up from my seat and walked over to Danielle.

"Open up!" She cooed at me.

I furrowed my brows in confusion and opened my mouth. Danielle suddenly slid a slice of dry mango in my mouth.

It was really yummy.

It kind of made my heart flutter.

"Sit," she patted the chair next to her.

I realized the whole class had gone back to what they were doing and sighed of relief.

I took a deep breath and did as Danielle asked.

I wasn't sure why she was being so nice, but I was glad she was. It took the pressure off.

- Danielle POV -

The teacher had asked the class to partner up.

Hanni quickly ran to partner up with Jennifer and I was about to partner up with Lily, when I suddenly heard something I didn't like.

"Sharing the class with that bum is charity enough. Who would even want someone like them in their house anyway?" One of prettiest girls in the school told her friends.

My blood began to boil.

"I don't know. I feel like they're mean. They're probably homeless for a reason," I heard another girl say.

I watched from the corner of my eye as Y/n's head dropped to their desk.

My heart started to ache, knowing I had told Y/n similar things when I was upset.

I always told Y/n to be grateful for being a part of our family or that they were probably homeless for being so insufferable.

I never meant it though.

It was just things that would come out of my mouth when I was upset.

I took a deep breath and gathered up some courage.

I felt a bit embarrassed with myself, but I wasn't about to let anyone put Y/n down.

"Y/n, come here!" I coldly ordered.

The whole class suddenly went silent.

I realized I probably sounded really mean, so I tried make up for it by showing Y/n some love.

Y/n just looked at me as if I was crazy.

Either way, Y/n did as I asked.

I had been snacking on dried mangoes all class, so I offered Y/n some.

Luckily, Y/n took my offer and sat next to me.

I sighed of relief when the whole class stopped staring at Y/n. I felt more comfortable having Y/n by my side instead of them partnering up with someone who might be rude to them.

"Are you hungry?" I cooed at Y/n once everyone went back to what they were doing.

"Mhm," Y/n hummed.

I offered up more mangoes, but Y/n didn't want any.

The rest of the class, Y/n laid their head down on their desk. It didn't seem like it was because they were tired, but more like to hide their face from the class.

Y/n was anxious the whole time. They were shaking their leg like crazy the entire class. Every so often I'd place my hand on Y/n's thigh to get them to stop, but it wouldn't work for long.

That's until they stopped....

And I realized Y/n had fallen asleep.

- Y/N POV -

Mrs. Mo was kind enough to give me a ride home.

It's not like I had a choice anyway. Danielle had dragged me out the school with her.

"How was school?" Mr. Marsh asked during dinner.

"It was good, Daddy. Y/n is actually in one of my classes!" Danielle exclaimed.

"You two go to the same school?" Mr. Marsh raised an eyebrow at me.

"She's embarrassing," I groaned in response.

"What?! What did I do?" Danielle turned to ask me.

I raised an eyebrow at her and blankly put half a heart up to my cheek

Suddenly, everyone started to laugh and I got really confused.

"She does that! It's like her own awkward way of telling you she loves you," Mr. Marsh explained.

"She loves me?" I thought myself.

"That's just weird," I groaned out.

Danielle just looked embarrassed the whole time. She was all red and trying to avoid eye contact.

Eventually, dinner ended and I took a shower.

I was about to go to bed, when Danielle suddenly yelled from her room... "Y/N, COME HERE!"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and walked into her room.

"What are you doing?" She asked. 

That had become Danielle's catchphrase.

It's like she had nothing else to say to me, but that.

"I'm going to sleep," I answered her a bit annoyed.

"Okay, C'mon. Let's go to sleep!" She tapped her bed.

Danielle was already in bed and all ready to go to sleep. So, I furrowed my brows a bit confused.

I had been sleeping in her older sister's room for a week now and all of a sudden she wanted to share again.

It was odd.

"It's cool. I like to sleep on my own anyway," I tried to be polite.

Danielle just glared at me.

I sighed in annoyance and stepped up to contemplate on if I should join her.

"Don't you want to sleep with me?" She asked.

"Because I want to sleep with you."

-

-

-

-

-

-

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

11.2K 763 15
You hate Kang Haerin. Is she hates you back? Or something that you can't even imagine. (Kang Haerin x Gn reader) Hope you enjoy reading~
3.6K 282 9
"All fun and games until you hurt someone you realize you deeply care about." This is mainly a Daerin short-story, with a little Bbangsaz.
48.6K 2.1K 36
NewJeans OneShot Compilations. I will write fluff and angst πŸ™‚. Warning: There will be some mature content present πŸ‘€.
52.3K 2.5K 19
"I am a different kind of lover Hanni. I am a silent lover." 🐒 | Expect some wrong spellings and grammars | 🐒