Marked (malexmale)

Por Wahlflower

Leon Rose is the future Alpha of the Rosewood Pack. And the clock is ticking down to his eighteenth birthday... Mais

Chapter 1 A Fresh Start
Chapter 2 Odd Feeling
Chapter 3 New Kids
Not a new chapter
Chapter 4 Confusion
Chapter 5 (Part 2) Speed is Key
Chapter 6 Red Thread
Chapter 7 Nightmares
Chapter 8 The Chase
Chapter 9 Causes for Concern
Chapter 10 Your Cub
Chapter 11 Control
Chapter 12 Aura
Chapter 13 (Part 1) Strength and Trust

Chapter 5 (Part 1)Speed is Key

14K 806 85
Por Wahlflower

I change my mind about whose POVs would make this chapter because it became so long I decided to split into two parts, so now it's Basil's and Leon's.  

Some information about the school, I'm basing Rosepoint High School on my own school.  And my school runs on a block schedule where the classes are split between two days and each class lasts about one hour and thirty minutes.  If you have any questions about this or anything else feel free to ask me. :) 

Picture of the weights room --------------------->

************************************************

Chapter 5

Speed is Key (Part 1)

Basil's POV

Stupid. How could I have been so stupid to forget about the scars? They've been there so long that I stopped feeling them, thinking about them. I should have played shy and changed in the bathroom stall. It would have called attention but at least no one would see them. No one would change how they act around me like they're afraid I will break at any moment. Unable to stand the awkward silence between Leon and me any longer, I make for a quick exit.

The teacher, Mr. Easton, was already in the gym waiting on the rest of the class. He waved me over once we made eye contact, "So I was reading your transfer file and it says that you did some competitive fighting. Is that right?"

"Yes, sir," Competitive fights? Is that what Dante calls it when I beat the crap out of those bloodsuckers when they thought they could mess with my family? I don't care if we pissed them off when we took in Amber. No one messes with my family. We've all been through enough to last us a life time.

"You don't say? Well, we'll see how you fair against some of the girls in the class, first, and maybe I put you against some of our stronger students." Mr. Easton says before waving me off to join the students coming out of the locker room.

I'm about to tell him that I would be much more suited as a partner for one of the boys when Leon comes into the gym and starts heading towards me even with his friends calling him. I leave and meet him halfway. 

"Hey, what were you talking about with Easton? Is he giving you any problems?" he asks me, wearing a look of concern.

"No, it's nothing. He was just asking me some questions about my transfer," I answer him with a shrug.

"Oh, okay," he says with this weird grin.

Neither of us said anything after that, the quiet between us grew into uncomfortable silence. The only thing creating noise was the class chattering about while so keeping an eye on their proud Alpha and the new kid. Leon still has this look of pity in his eyes like I'm made of glass.

"I said stop it, Leon," I whisper, glaring up at him. Why does he have to be so goddamn tall?

"Stop what?" Leon demands. Oh how Alpha of him.

I didn't get a chance to answer him. Mr. Easton decided then that he was done with attendance and to blow his whistle causing the entire class to wince at the sound. "Right, class, let's make this quick." He swiftly points to me, "Everyone meet Basil Cross from the city of Beaumont. You can harass him with questions and introduce yourselves on the way to weights room." He motions to the class to start moving. I'm really starting to dislike him and my raven, Luca, agrees with me.

Great, I love being the center of attention. I feel everyone's eyes on me and I hear some of the people snicker when they hear my name. I make for a quick escape for the doors. The mass of students behind me shifts making a path for Leon as he catches up with me. Once he does, the class, including Mr. Easton, starts to slow down and the gap between us and them starts to grow. "You never answered my question back there," Leon huffs.

"Just forget it," I say, feeling frustrated. Why can't he just leave me alone?

"No! Answer me, Basil!" Leon shouts as he grabs my wrist.

My body reacts instantly to his action, dropping myself to the floor as I swing one of my legs toward Leon. He manages to dodge my kick but it caused him to be unbalanced. I seize him by his elbow, pulling him down to the ground while pulling me up to a standing position. I look down at Leon to see him staring, wide eyed, at me. I glance up at the class, they giving the same stare.

Uncomfortable and embarrassed, I offer Leon a hand up, "Sorry, I overreact sometimes."

He stares at my hand for moment before breaking out into that weird grin again and takes my hand. "No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have pushed you to talk about it."

"I'm not against talking about it, now is just not the right time," I say, motioning my head in the direction of the class.

"Oh, right," Leon says sheepishly as we continue our walk to I think the weights room with the class cautiously closes the gap behind us.

As we enter the room, I can't help to feel a bit impressed with state of the weight room. The room was split with the main floor housing all the machines designed for improving arm and core strength, a full sized boxing ring, and more open area for sparing. Then there was balcony set up with treadmills, treadclimbers, and exercise bikes. The left wall was covered in mirrors whereas the right was made of windows. "Not so bad for such a tiny town, huh?" Leon says, his eyes shine with pride.

I shrug, making his chest deflate a little. The class file in behind us and Easton makes his way to the front before looking at his clipboard. I take this time to let my raven, as paranoid he is, inspect my classmates. All the guys look about the same in build,taller than me with wide shoulders and packed with muscles. Leon being the tallest and the strongest looking out of all of them. Of course because he's the future Alpha from Dante told me before he left.

There was some division between the girls of the class though. Most of them definitely weren't here for a workout, I conclude from their fake nails, bottle blonde hair, heavy makeup, and altered gym clothes meant to show as much skin as possible without breaking the rules. They are here to hook up with a high ranking wolf, aiming for Leon but willing to settle for anyone that falls for their seduction. Those girls are glaring at me, but I'm more scared of the other girls in the class.

They are all of different sizes and shapes, but one thing ran the same in all of them. A fierce competitiveness that feeds their need to win, to strive for the best of themselves. Each one is molded for their choice outlet. My raven runs on overdrive to study them and record its observations.

"CROSS!!!" Mr. Easton's voice brings me back into control of my thoughts.

"Yes, Mr. Easton," I say flatly. Easton forms a glare in my direction.

"Gear up! You're first in the ring today. You're going up against Shelby. Leon, help him get ready," he orders before giving everyone else directions.

Leon nudges me in the direction of the equipment. "Way to get on his bad side, Basil."

"I don't think he has a good side when you're new," I answer honestly, not caring that Easton probably can hear me with his wolf hearing.

Leon helps me with my headgear, his hands grazing my skin a few more times than necessary. Weirdo. "If you run into trouble, you can stop the fight at any time. Okay?"

"I'll be fine. I already beat you, didn't I?" I answer him with a smirk.

A frown plays on his lips, "That's only because you caught me off guard."

"Whatever you have to tell yourself, Leon," I say, my voice sounds more light-hearted than it has been in weeks. I put the new mouth guard that came with my gym clothes.

With my gear adjusted, Leon and I head toward the ring. My opponent, Shelby, already waiting, she glares at me as I climb into the ring. We stand in our opposite corners, waiting for Easton come over so we can start. Leon gets pulled away by some guy in class, probably so they can grill him for answers of why he's been ignoring them.

Luca nudges me so I let him survey through my eyes, only enough that my eye color begins to pale with his influence. Luca notes Shelby's key factors. Main muscle mass located at her thighs, arms and shoulders meant for jumping and hitting/throwing. She most likely does volleyball, maybe some shot put or javelin. She's not meant for speed so I must use that to my advantage. Speed will be the key to winning.

***********************************************

Part two will be out later this week. It would be out now if my brother didn't throw off my writing groove.  But don't worry, I threw him out the window Emperor's New Groove style. 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

20.1K 823 11
[Can be a stand alone!][Book 4] {Valleyside Pack} Ignorance is bliss. That's what Lennox Red learns quickly after sneaking into his father's private...
2.1K 79 12
Victoria Weston is an eighteen year old girl who just graduated high school. Her parents are making her move packs and she's furious. What happens w...
67.1K 10.4K 51
Book Two takes us on quite a different ride. Two years on from Gifted, Pearl and Sylar are asked to help The Kings Moon Pack. The oldest of all the...
602K 27.9K 53
Eighteen-year-old Sean Brooks comes from a long line of witches. But unfortunately, he doesn't have a spell that can help him with relationships. Whe...