she is the best thing that's...

Autorstwa multi_fand0mxx

Friend to lovers story :))) Marinette's twin sister y/n shuchun cheng is someone who has standards for men an... Więcej

A/n and character profile
1: Y/n Shuchun Cheng
2: The first encounter
3: Hesitations
4: Sister bonding time
6: The distance between us
7: The annual Valentine's Day Dance
8: Typical questions about boys
9: Decorating committee
10: Will you be my date to the Valentine's Day dance?
11: Valentine's Day pt 1
12: Valentine's Day pt 2
13: Chilly nights in Paris
14: An unexpected incident
15: Family reunion
16: Sick day
17: Study date
18: The confession
18: Home alone
19: Sleepover at the Couffaine's
20: Babysitting duties
21: Bestie hangout time
22: Cheng sisters' sweet sixteen
23: Mutual friendship
24: Marinette and Adrien's moment
25: Lady's days
26: Jealousy and overthinking
27: Making up pt 1
28: Making up pt 2
29: No longer just friends
30: Spooky season
31: Chloe's sweet sixteen
32: Homecoming preparations
33: Homecoming dance
34: Leaving Paris for a while
35: Long distances
37: Finally reunited
38: Christmas morning
39: Third-wheeler
40: 1 year together

5: A Friendly outing

362 6 0
Autorstwa multi_fand0mxx

As y/n slowly woke up the next morning, she glanced at the time and realized she had a lot of spare time. She got her outfit she picked out the previous night and took a quick shower. When y/n came out of the bathroom, the doorbell rang. She looked at the time on her phone and muttered, "It's not even 10.30 yet, why is he so early."

"Don't worry, I got it." Marinette called from downstairs, smirking at y/n as she sees her.

"Marinette, no, I'm not ready yet." Y/n begged her sister not to open the door yet.

"Too late." Marinette said as she opened the door while y/n franticly ran back to her room.

"Luka, hey." Marinette greeted.

"Hi Marinette, is y/n ready?" Luka asked.

"Not yet but you could come in and wait for her." Marinette invited Luka into her house.

"Which twin are you waiting for today young man?" Tom asked after seeing Luka.

"The younger one." Luka replied.

"Ah, she's in her room still preparing but you could roam around the house for a while if you want." Tom smiled as Luka slowly looked around the house, seeing all the achievements the twins achieved and family portraits of the family. He then wandered off to the second level where the bedrooms are. He glanced at Marinette's bedroom with loads of pictures of Adrien and mannequin models with dresses and went to y/n's room where y/n was still doing her makeup and hair. He leaned on the door frame and watched y/n put on some makeup, thinking she didn't need any.

Y/n on the other hand was too engrossed in doing her makeup she didn't realize Luka was watching her from outside her room.

"Alright, done." Y/n closed her lip gloss bottle and tossed it into her white bag before picking up her pyjamas and heading out. When y/n finally caught sight of Luka, she shrieked as the dirty clothes in her hand dropped on the floor.

"Luka, I didn't know you were early today." Y/n started as she bent down to pick up her clothes.

"I know, I wasn't supposed to be this early but my parents thought that girls liked guys who arrive earlier than the agreed meeting time." Luka explained. After hearing his reason, y/n thought, 'Is he indicating something?'

"Oh, I see. Anyways, I'm sorry for all this, you know how long girls take to get ready." Y/n apologized.

"Not a problem at all." Luka smiled. "I see your guitar is quite interesting too." He commented.

"Yeah, I was gifted a plain white guitar for my birthday few years ago but I decided to decorate it with stickers to make it more aesthetic." Y/n explained. "You could take a look at it while I go put these away." She continued as she left her room while Luka went into y/n's room. When y/n came back, Luka asked, "Do you think you can play something?"

"Now?" Y/n asked as Luka nodded.

"Well, I wish I can but I don't know what song to play right now and we have a friendly outing to go for so maybe another time?" Y/n replied.

"Ah of course, let's go." Luka said as the two of them left y/n's room.

"Well, what were you two doing in my sister's bedroom?" Marinette asked.

"Marinette, not now please." Y/n groaned as she put on her shoes and left the house with Luka.

"Have fun you two." Marinette chirped as y/n closed the door immediately.

"Don't mind my sister, she's going out with Adrien later and I don't know if it'll go well." Y/n started.

"Finally, it's been ages since Adrien actually had to courage to ask Marinette out." Luka commented as y/n chuckled.

"Let's hope this girl doesn't stumble over her words like usual when she's with Adrien." said y/n. "By the way, where are we going other than lunch?" Y/n asked as Luka took out two tickets for her. Y/n's eyes widened open as she questioned Luka if he was kidding. Luka shook his head as y/n squealed, "You have no idea how long it has been since I went to the aquarium here."

"My mom had two extra tickets that were expiring soon so she gave them to me. I did ask Juleka at first but she had something on so you were my next plus one." Luka explained.

"Oh, I'm surprised you didn't ask my other twin first then me." Y/n teased.

"Well, I mean Marinette may overthink that this is a date since we broke up so I didn't ask her." Luka explained.

"And what makes you think this isn't one?" Y/n questioned, crossing her arms as Luka stared at her blankly. Y/n chuckled and said, "Kidding, how are we getting to the aquarium exactly?"

"Bus or the underground subway?" Luka asked.

"Bus, I guess?" Y/n replied.

"Bus it is." Luka smiled as the two of the headed to the nearest bus stop near y/n's house. When they got on the bus, they found a seat and sat next to each other. Throughout the whole journey, y/n and Luka were getting comfortable talking about their lives and their interests. Y/n even shared some secrets Marinette told her to not tell anyone.

"Marinette being the older sister, has she always been bossy towards you?" Luka asked.

"Well not really, we've been stuck to each other like glue since the day we were born and we seldom fight. Marinette may be older than me by 5 minutes but she's not the type to boss me around." Y/n explained.

"Must be cool having a twin who almost looks like you." Luka commented.

"Aren't you and Juleka twins too?" Y/n asked.

"We are but we have so many differences. Obviously, our hair colours are different and we don't really look alike but both of us enjoy music. We both play the strings in the Kitty Section, she plays the bass and I play the normal electric guitar." Luka explained. "This is the stop, let's go." He continued as Luka and y/n got off the bus. As y/n stared at the entrance of the aquarium, the waves of flashbacks started to play as she recalled the last time she and her sister went to the aquarium.

"It's really been a while, I wonder if there are any new exhibits." Y/n started as she followed Luka into the aquarium. When the two were finally in the first exhibit, they admired the fish swimming around and took a few pictures. As the two were walking in the aquarium, y/n immediately caught sight of a childhood favourite as she ran over to the tank and admired the marine life.

"I've always loved studying about fish you know, and I've always wanted to become a marine biologist." Y/n explained.

"That must be cool. I'm assuming your science is quite good." Luka guessed.

"That is true, I've always been top of the class and level for science every year." Y/n explained.

"You definitely should be my tutor for science." said Luka.

"But aren't you one year older than me and what we learn is different?" Y/n asked.

"Right, I forgot about that. It's alright you could recap with me topics that both of us know and I'm super bad at." Luka suggested.

"Oh, right, that is smart." Y/n's eyes lit up. "Also, is your math good?" She asked.

"Yeah, top of the class. I teach my sister math too." Luka replied.

"Enough said, I've been looking for a math tutor and I think you could help me." Y/n offered.

"Sure, you can help me with science, I can help you with math." Luka said.

"Yeah, I found myself a new study buddy." Y/n stood up and placed an arm around Luka which made both of them blush after being so close to each other. Throughout most of the walk in the aquarium, Luka and y/n explored the different tanks with different sea animals, y/n asked Luka to help take pictures for her social media accounts and both of them took a few pictures together as a selfie and with the help of other visitors who claim that both of them make a cute couple.

"Oh, we're not dating, we're just really close friends." Y/n repeated the same sentence every time a visitor finished taking pictures of the duo even though she hates the fact of using 'Just close friends' on Luka.

"Can I see the pictures?" Luka asked as y/n stared into blank space.

"Y/n?" Luka tapped on y/n's shoulder which snapped y/n out of her thoughts.

"Huh, oh, yeah, here." Y/n replied as she showed Luka the pictures. "Maybe it would be more convenient if I sent these to you." She continued as she opened her messages and sent Luka the pictures and continued walking. Luka knew something was not right as he caught up to y/n and grabbed her by her wrist, telling her, "Before we walk to the next tank, close your eyes."

"What's this about?" Y/n asked.

"Trust me." Luka replied. Y/n nodded as she closed her eyes and held onto both of Luka's hands while walking towards the next tank.

"We're almost there, there are some stairs here so be careful." Luka warned as y/n took the first step down. When y/n accidentally slipped, Luka caught her as she continued walking.

"Okay take a seat on the floor." Luka instructed. Y/n was confused but she listened to him and sat down while Luka ran off to get something.

"Are we already at the tank yet?" Y/n asked. No response.

"Luka?" Y/n called again. Still no response.

"Gosh, I look like an idiot right now." Y/n muttered.

"What's that y/n?" Luka asked which scared y/n.

"Luka, where the hell were you?" Y/n cursed. "Can I open my eyes now?" She asked.

"Yeah, you can." Luka replied as y/n slowly opened her eyes to see a large tank in front of her. Her eyes widened open as she watched all the marine life in the aquarium swimming around freely.

"Woah, I missed looking at this when I was a kid." Y/n commented as she tucked her knees in and admired the aesthetic of the tank.

"I bought some food by the way." Luka started as y/n looked at the bags of chips and bottled drinks. She then punched Luka's shoulder and said, "Seriously dude, so that's where you went? You left me here looking like an idiot sleeping."

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it." Luka chuckled as the two dug into the snacks.

"You know, I never actually knew my father." Luka changed the topic.

"Oh? That must be sad, what happened to him?" Y/n asked.

"He left after my mom and him had an argument and I never saw him ever again." Luka replied.

"Honestly, my grandmother passed on not too long ago either and I would remember hearing her mention that her spirit animal is a stingray. So, if I ever encounter a stingray after she left, it would remind me of her." Y/n explained.

"When did she pass on exactly?" Luka asked.

"Last year end November." Y/n replied.

"Marinette never told me about it when we still dated." said Luka.

"Maybe she doesn't want you to worry about her so she kept it to herself. It's common for girls to do this so their partner won't have worry so about." Y/n replied. When Luka was not looking, y/n secretly scooted closer to him, keeping a few centimetres of distance between their shoulders.

"Coming back here really brings back a lot of memories, a lot of happy ones." Y/n smiled as Luka turned to admire her smile. After hanging out for a while, the duo got up and walked through the other exhibitions before leaving.

"Gosh, I'm still full from that snack I don't even think I need lunch anymore." Y/n started.

"How bout some boba instead?" Luka suggested, pointing at a boba shop nearby.

"Okay, maybe I'll make an exception." Y/n replied as both of them went over to the boba shop to get some boba. As y/n was about to pay for the boba, Luka jumped in and insisted, "Don't bother y/n, I got it."

"No, you paid for the snacks and drinks earlier so it should be my treat." Y/n politely argued as she paid for both drinks. Once the orders were done, Luka and y/n looked around to find a vacant table to sit at.

"Next time we should go to the amusement park there." Y/n pointed.

"One day when there is a discount for the tickets." Luka reassured as y/n nodded. The two continued talking about their own lives and getting to know each other better.

"Should we head to the mall near here?" Luka asked.

"There's one around here?" Y/n asked as Luka nodded. Y/n looked at the time on her phone and replied, "Sure, my parents didn't say anything about curfew too so let's go." As the two left the bench, they threw away their boba cups and headed to the train station where they would take a train to the mall.

Word count: 2189 

Here are some inspired pictures the two took during the trip

Y/n:

Luka: 

Group pics: 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

93.9K 2.3K 32
1st Place in Lukanette: 3/22/21 1st Place in Adrigami: 12/7/23 1st Place in LukaCoufaine: 4/26/21 (Subtle difference) 3rd Place in LukaCouffaine: 4/7...
29.1K 2.3K 42
Marinette is a rich girl, but she isn't that happy with her boyfriend Luka who was imposed by her family, she never known about love or good and happ...
15.1K 427 26
As I went down the steps into the lower cabin, I walked into a room that seemed to lead to all the others . Turning to my right, I was slightly start...
103K 2.9K 50
The two richest families in all France: the Agreste and the Dupain Cheng decided to arrange a marriage for their lonely child. Adrien and Marinette w...