Sweet Love (NG5)

Από pseudoannie

(Complete) After decades, it's the end of an era on The Point. Change is inevitable and Will Drake doesn't li... Περισσότερα

Sweet Love
1 - No Hailey
2 - Virginia
3 - Family
4 - Home
5 - Secret
6 - The best two
7 - Nick
8 - Duty
9 - Spring break
10 - Rumors
11 - Kitty Kat
12 - Pops
13 - The Point
14 - Her dream
15 - Blacklisted
16 - Maine
17 - Retired
18 - The same
19 - New boss
20 - Change
21 - Secrets
22 - New
24 - The man
25 - Offense
26 - Limited
27 - Vacation
28 - Friends
29 - Chef to chef
30 - Womb mate
31 - Just friends
32 - Happiness
33 - Again
34 - Self centered
35 - For good
36 - Merry Christmas
37 - Tickets
38 - No secrets
39 - BFF
40 - Number four
41 - Tequila
42 - Chef
43 - Break
44 - Now
45 - Love
46 - Timing
47 - Yelp
48 - Venti
49 - Helpless
50 - Team
51 - Blah, blah, blah
52 - Commencement
53 - Favor
54 - After all
55 - Everyone
56 - Can't
57 - March

23 - Double agent

588 125 32
Από pseudoannie

Lana called Will when he was driving home from the gym. He had to pull off the road because the old car didn't have hands free ability. "What's up?"

"You have social media!" Her excitement pinged off every tower between Virginia and Maine.

"Yeah, so? My assistant takes care of it, but it's been quiet during the off season."

"No, I mean The Landing! You're selling cupcakes today for a limited time."

"It's Thursday." He searched The Landing on his phone and found two platforms.

"So?"

"Your friend Oliver is letting her use his kitchen on Thursday and Monday mornings."

"That's nice of him." Lana calmed down. "This girl is trying to get more business. That's a good thing. Let me know how the cupcakes are."

Will had to stop by but he needed to go for a run first. By the time he had his protein shake and showered it was after one. As he pulled the car into the parking lot, he thought he stepped into a time warp. It was too early in the season for long lines. Alex's pickup parked next to him.

The two men met shaking their heads. "This could be every day. I don't have time to waste in the line. Come on."

Following him around back, Will expected the door to be slammed in his face. Kat wasn't happy with him when she found out the truth about his career. She liked him even less when he was her boss.

Nick answered the door and didn't hesitate to serve them. Alex ribbed him about building a porch. Will had to concede the cupcakes were professionally baked and perfectly frosted. When he bit into the red velvet with cream cheese frosting, he erased any doubts he had about Kat.

"Jen would have been first in line, if she wasn't working today."

"Don't eat them all. Your kids are lucky."

"They have great parents!" Alex laughed. Nick came back with coffee. Alex thanked him. "I have an estimate to do."

"Don't remind me. I have no choice do I?"

"Not if you know what's good for you."

At home Will sat to review his investments, and then he moved to The Landing. Sales had been up all week. When an email came from Kat, he wanted to scream. One minute, he was warming up to the need for an oven and the next she asked him for an expensive latte machine. They sold coffee and only coffee. He didn't mince words when he told her no.

Tired from paperwork and staring at figures, like a murderer, Will circled back to the crime scene. Nick greeted him when he entered. He was a good kid. Will had watched him grow up on Plover Way.

"Are you here to try one of the new sandwiches?"

Will had always been an excellent poker player. "What sandwiches?"

Nick laughed. "Not following our new accounts. Ivy has been keeping them up to date with Sophie's help. We've been really busy."

Kat stepped forward. "Will was the first to have the one with secret sauce."

"I'll have the old chicken pesto panini." New sandwiches were fine as long as she didn't mess with the old ones.

"The pesto is homemade now. Did you like the cupcake?"

"Delicious but I'm really trying to cut out processed sugar."

She smiled. "Sorry. I'm a baker."

Nick said, "Remember our poll."

"Poll?" Will looked from Nick to Kat.

Nick chuckled. "Kat received some disappointing news, so it's Kat versus invisaboss."

Will winced internally. Why did he think no one would care who owned the place?

Kat frowned. He hated to make her sad, but he invested a lot of money to save The Landing from changing. It seemed all it was doing was changing.

She looked at him with her blue eyes. As much as Will the guy standing with his hands in his pockets wanted to be on her side, he couldn't.

"Do you think we should offer lattes?"

He didn't pause. "Not with Rick's coffee. Go to Starbucks for a latte or mocha, but cross the causeway for the best coffee ever."

Nick smiled and nodded while Kat slumped a little. Nick said, "It's the one downside of attracting new customers, they ask before they taste the coffee. Ivy should post about the best coffee. It's so good you won't miss froth and fake syrups."

Will laughed. "I like it. So what's the tally?"

Nick murmured. "Fourteen to one."

"Who's the one?" Traitor.

Kat put her hand up. "I guess I don't fit in."

"You will. Give it time. Just remember the coffee and rolls are sacred."

Kat smiled. "Thanks, you've made me feel welcome except when you made me feel like a fool. Lifeguard."

Nick laughed. Will stammered, "I explained."

"Okay. W-what, your order is ready."

Nick chuckled. "It's WR for wide receiver. You watching the draft?"

Will looked at his watch. "It's later than I thought. Maybe you should wrap it up. Don't you close in twenty minutes?"

Kat nodded. "In case you don't follow us. Tomorrow morning we're selling my double chocolate muffins. The others will be from the freezer."

Will couldn't hold back his question. "Same price?"

Kat shrugged. "They're bigger. We charge more."

Nick said, "They are limited time only."

Will added, "Baked exclusively."

"But aren't we cheapening the other ones?" Nick frowned.

"That's why we need the renovations." Kat continued cleaning while she talked.

Will watched her. "What if someone comes in and wants food?"

"Then I clean up again, but it'll be easier."

There was so much he didn't know, but Kat was competent. "I'll see you around."

Kat waved. "We both know you'll be in tomorrow."

Will felt warm inside. The thought of seeing her shouldn't cause him to feel anything.

Friday morning, Will woke to a text from Alex. I sent the estimate. Some things are negotiable. I'm giving you supplies at cost. You saved TL.

Will chuckled. "I made your in-laws millionaires." Rick had his Coast Guard pension on top of it.

He worked out and shopped for fresh food. Then he set a goal to eat at home until the coffeehouse. Checking social media, he learned the muffins were a hit. The comments praised them. Sure enough, the coffee statement was there as well as an announcement about the coffeehouse. There must be fire codes on capacity and their entertainer would know. Hopefully, it wouldn't be a problem or they'd need a bouncer. Will checked the weather forecast. Rain. Warm summer nights they set it up outside, but it wasn't summer.

Feeling bad, he emailed Kat from the investment group. Invisaboss, he frowned.

Due to space constraints, please take down posts about the event tomorrow evening. It is always a full house with Point residents and friends.

A reply came back quickly. That's why we need the porch. Here's Alex's estimate.

As he studied it, he thought it could be worse. It required selling a lot of cupcakes.

Frustrated when the posts weren't removed. He texted Alex his concerns. Alex called him. "If you build the porch."

"I know. Can you have Jen tell Rick and get him to tell Ivy to take it down? Our friends will be mad if they can't get a seat."

"I'm on it. This double agent stuff is stressful."

"When I'm gone, you'll be my eyes and ears."

"I should charge you more for my services."

"Lana will fill in until she leaves."

"By then Kat will be too busy baking."

Will laughed. "You are a salesman. I looked at the estimate. My back is against the wall."

"You won't regret it. Am I telling Kat or is the invisaboss?"

"Not you too. You tell her."

As Will ran up and down the streets on Saturday morning, he waved to his neighbors. Cottages which had been silent all week had cars in the driveway, more people to attend the coffeehouse.

Will stopped short on his second time down Plover. His father's car was in the driveway of the cottage. Had he missed a message from his mother?

He bent over to catch his breath after pushing his pace. Pacing in a circle, he felt his heart rate slow before walking to the door of his family cottage.

"Mom. Dad."

Nora Drake rounded the corner. "Surprise!"

"I didn't know they had opened the cottage for the season."

"John took care of it this week. Isn't exciting now The Landing is on Facebook. Fresh muffins. Have you had one?"

He shook his head. "I had a cupcake."

"Was it as good as the Yelp reviews?"

"Yelp reviews? I didn't..."

"The Landing is trending everywhere."

Will didn't realize Nora knew words like trending. The woman had mellowed. He gave Liam and Charlotte the credit for softening her up. Maybe it should go to Ryan for marrying Lana. Will's career achievements eliminated any worries she had for him. Mostly, she feared two things. Concussions was number one and oddly enough she didn't want him to get married. Lana couldn't laugh about the double standard since she was happy, but his mother feared he would marry for the wrong reasons. She didn't like Hailey. Will was certain her tune would change when he turned thirty.

Truthfully, he would have married Hailey if she hadn't dumped him. The pain of her rejection had waned while he occupied his mind with inventory reports and sales data. His test would be when he returned to Buffalo. Chances were good they would run into each other.

"Where's dad?"

"Where do you think? Drinking coffee. Talking to everyone. I'll be curious to see what he says about the new person."

Will shrugged. "Her name is Kat. He'll like Martha. She's middle age and talks to everyone."

"So, the one in charge bakes?"

He nodded as guilt coursed through him. His gut told him he couldn't trust his mother with the truth. Six people too many knew about his investment.

Breaking his vow to stay away, he decided a coffee would be okay. He wanted to see his father. A light jog up the street didn't add to his sweaty appearance. Surprisingly, his mother hadn't commented.

When he entered, the place was packed. He waved to Martha as he walked to a group of men. Smiling Rick was in the center. His father looked up and smiled. "Here he is. You're walking fine."

Will nodded. "I'm running like it never happened, doc."

Will Senior smiled. As an orthopedic surgeon, he worried about all injuries and strains. Martha walked over. "Here's your coffee, Will. Anything else?"

"No, thanks." He pulled his phone out. "I'll be over to pay in a minute. It's busy."

She smiled. "It's great. I met your father."

"Get used to him. He is John's assistant mayor."

John Harris laughed. "The top job still goes to Rick. He's our mayor."

"The grapevine has slowed a little since I'm not here every day."

Dr. Drake laughed. "Do you pay for your coffee?"

Rick shook his head. "No one has charged me yet."

Will nodded. "And they shouldn't." He needed to send an email.

His father started to put his arm around him, but stopped. "Your mother wants an invitation to your condo. After you shower."

Will smiled. "Come over after lunch. I'm not doing anything until dinner."

"Everyone is eating here."

Rick frowned. "I'm afraid it will be too crowded. Did you hear the good news?" Everyone looked at him like he was about to tell an investment tip. "The new owner is adding on. A porch for more seating and a baking area, so we can have more of Kat's treats."

As the men buzzed with excitement, Will walked away. At the counter, he took out his phone to pay for his coffee. Kat rushed over with a big smile. "The man agreed to the porch."

Will smiled. "Rick just told everyone. Congrats. I know it means a lot to you." He turned to leave.

"See you later."

He stopped and looked at her. "Tonight."

As Will walked across the causeway, he worried about his decision.

If you like please vote ⭐️

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Please Forgive Me Από

Ρομαντική

147K 5.4K 52
Maxon Blake has finally found the woman of his dreams. Convincing her wasn't easy. She got away from him once but no more. Now, he will do anything...
1.8K 518 27
Megan has never been good at facing problems so as soon as she buries her mother she runs off to Lynwood with her friend Zoe to find peace but then s...
Seasons Από sunah

Εφηβική Φαντασία

15.4K 268 49
"I'll always be here, you know that, Rose." Insta-love something I dread but something I crave... Azariah D'Amore BH University's second most talked...
984K 38.8K 33
Brianna never knew the man she met one night at a football game then later fell in love with. Had a secret. One very huge secret that he knew if it w...