Her Bestfriend's Brother [Edi...

נכתב על ידי Fairydust_sparkles

Layla is in her first year of college with her best friends and her boyfriend, all ready to experience the fu... עוד

Cast N Aesthetics✨
Cast
Part 1 : Unspoken Tensions
Part 2 : Intrigue and Intrusions
Part 3 : Hidden Desires
Part 4 : Bonds Of Resilience
Part 5: Talking About You Everywhere
Part 6: I Can Eat This All Day
Part 7: Head Over Heels For Her
Part 8 : Went All Gorilla Mode
Part 9: Always Come To Your Rescue
Part 10: Laughs Like A Maniac
Part 11: He Can Just Dream About Her
Part 12: Your Weird Ass Boyfriend
Part 13: Before Theo Barged In
Part 14: Are You Wearing Seatbelt?
Added Casstt!!✨
Part 15: To Look Like A Princess
Part 16: Take selfies and go live
Part 17: She Meant Sons Of Bitches
Part 18: Taunt Queen Shifa
Part 19: I'm Glad I Could Help
Part 20: Kill Me Along With You
Part 21: The Problematic Big Brother
Part 22: Favourite Song On Repeat
Note!!
Part 23 : Is Something Going On?
Part 24: After Playing Super Mario
Part 25: And I Drowned In That Flood
Part 27: I Can't See You Crying Layla
Part 28: Your Second Best Decision Zayn
Part 29: For The Rest Of My Life
Part 30 : No Competition Against Him
Part 31: Fall Three Times Back To Back
Part 32: He's My Best Friend's Brother
Part 33: I'm Irresistible
Part 34: I Intend To Be Your Last
Part 35: Eat This All Day
Part 36: Always And Forever
Part 37:What Day Is It
Part 38: Iqra, Who Is He?
Part 39: Blueberry Cheesecake
Part 40: This Is A Dream
Part 41: At The Florist
Part 42: Some Chicken Wings
Part 43: Under The Stars
Part 44: Whispers Of The Dark
Part 45: Shadows of Doubt
Part 46: Memorable Moments
Part 47: Girly Dose
Part 48: Milestones
Part 49: Ellaa!

Part 26: She's Off Limits

144 7 0
נכתב על ידי Fairydust_sparkles

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

Is it just me or the universe really hates me? First, my phone broke and now when I am out at such an hour, my car breaks down. Just great! Am I like Elena Gilbert from The Vampire Diaries? We both keep attracting problems to ourselves like some magnet.

How will I contact anyone? I can't leave my car and go home or there's gonna be another issue of where I'll be portrayed careless. Ugh! I slowly got out of my car and took the car keys, my purse and my phone. After making sure that my car is locked, I walk around in a tiny hope of seeing anyone who might be of help to me.

It's past nine at night and here I am, wandering on a road, not knowing what to do. I wave my hand in front of a car that passes by, hoping it'll stop to help, but no. I forgot that there are people who are allergic to help somebody.

At least I was safe in my car. I thought to myself as I slowly walk back to my car. Just as I was about to unlock my car, I heard a sound of a motorbike behind me. I turned and saw two guys on it, who then asked, "Hey, what are you doing here at this hour?"

Shall I ask them for help? What if they are some creepy psychopaths who will follow me here after?

"Huh? Oh nothing, I was just waiting for someone. Y'all can go." I say in an attempt for them to go. "Okay, but I'd advise you stay inside your car as it's not safe for you to stay here alone."

One of them said and I nod and watch them leave. Ugh!
I see a car speeding up in a distance and frantically wave in order for the person inside to stop and help me. However, the car passed by me and didn't stop.
"Really? Is that how you people treat someone who needs help? Wow!" I shout at the top of my lungs and immediately regret it once the car slows down and starts to reverse back.

Oh no no no. What if this one's some idiot? Like, what if I accidentally triggered the person inside and they kill me and leave my dead body here? The window to the car slid down and the person inside spoke, "Layla?" How do they know my name? The light inside turns on and I see Theo in there.

Alhamdulillah! "Come, get in and tell me what you're doing here," he said and opened the door for me to get in. I sat inside and told him about why I was out and what happened with my car. "How did your phone break?" He asked and I thought of some excuse. Just as I was about to answer him, his phone rang.
"Excuse me, yes Imran? Oh yeah I'm on my way. I just met-" "No no, don't take my name!" I stopped him midway but whispering lightly, so that Imran doesn't hear my voice.

He gave me a nod and said, "Huh? Yeah I just met someone who was asking for a direction. Um, yeah I'll be there shortly. See you." On ending the call, he asked me that why I didn't want Imran to find out that I was here and so I replied, "Um, well, you're his best friend so, I think I can tell you this. Given our past, he would come here right now if he knew that I am here. So-" "Wait, wait a minute. What past... about you two?" He asked and I knew that I messed up.

He didn't know it. Imran didn't tell him about our past, about us, about what we wanted to be but couldn't be.

"You- you don't know?" I ask as he denied it and said, "You can trust me Layla, and share it with me, that is if you are comfortable."

And so, while going to get my phone repaired, I told him about me and Imran. How we became friends, how we started to like each other and how we wanted to be together, and, how it all came crashing down.

"Okay, so you're telling me that you both knew each other but you didn't know that he was the Imran who is Zayn's brother and he didn't know that you were Zayn's best friend Layla?" I nodded and he continued, "So why did you stop talking?"

"Because I knew how Zayn's brother would annoy him and do wrong by him. And when I found out that he is Zayn's brother, my heart broke in ways that no one could imagine. It wasn't easy for me to let go of the person I've liked so much, but then, my love for Zayn was more than my liking towards Imran." I sighed and Theo looked... shocked.

"Honestly Layla, deep down I always thought that there's something between the two of you. The way he behaves around you, the change in him since college reopened, and how caring he has been for you says it all."

He cares for me? "Well, we can always talk about it later, but right now, how will you go home? Why don't you call your sister?" "Her? Even when I'll be dying somewhere, she'll say that she's way too tired to come there for me. Forget her. Um, could you maybe call a mechanic, so that he fixes my car?" I ask and he nods, dialling the phone to a mechanic.

"Hey, he said that it might take more than an hour for your car to get fixed. Meanwhile, why don't you come with me? I'm headed to a party," Theo suggested. I looked at my clothes- a black crop top with black leather wide jeans.

"I've never been to a party before except Iqra and Shifa's parties," I say and he chuckles, saying, "Everyone has a first time, your's is now. I've sent him the location of your car and he doesn't need to unlock it. Once he's done, I'll drop you back, sounds good?"
I nod and he drives away.

After a short drive of ten minutes, we reach a house that's literally vibrating from the music. Theo honks and the gates open, as he drives in and parks the car in the garden. Cups and plates were scattered everywhere in the garden, and the lights beamed at us.

He gestured for me to enter the house and as soon as we did, the music loudened, and the disco lights flashed at us. "Layla, hold my hand and do not let go of it. People here are drunk and that's not a good thing," he spoke loudly in between the songs playing. I nodded and we proceeded to the kitchen area, where some people were either taking out bottles from the fridge or eating chips and snacks.

"Hey man!" Theo greeted a guy and they did their 'bro hug' or whatever it is called. "Woah, who's that chick" he said pointing at me when Theo said, "Josh, she's off limits, you better stay away from her." The guy Josh just chuckled and said, "Okay okay, easy man, I'm not gonna do something, relax."

Suddenly, everyone started hooting and shouting. I looked at Theo who gestured me to follow him. On going in the big-ass drawing room, we saw Imran coming. Oh no! What will he say when he finds out that I am here? Without saying anything to Theo, I sneaked upstairs and hid in a room. Oh God!

Author's P.O.V.

While Layla hid herself in one of the rooms upstairs thinking no one saw her, Josh noticed this.
Theo on the other hand was thinking whether or not to tell Imran about Layla's presence. "What are you thinking?" Imran asked his best friend, to which he replied, "Me? Nah, nothing." Imran proceeded towards the kitchen while Theo stops him.

"Imran wait!" Imran turned around and looked at, being confused of his behaviour. "What's wrong?" He asked as Theo replied, "Um, there's something you need to know before you go in there."
"I know Theo, you'll say that 'Imran, don't fall for the girls here, they're just distractions and nothing else' bla bla bla," Imran mimicked and went in the kitchen.

Theo prepared himself for Imran's outburst on seeing Layla there, but to his surprise, she wasn't there. "What the hell! Where did she go!" He said to himself as Imran asked, "Who? Theo, are you sure you're okay and not drunk? You're acting way too weird." "Nah, I'm all good," he said and thought about where could Layla possibly go.

"Hey, I'll be back," Theo said and without hearing from Imran, he left towards the drawing room to look for Layla. "Weird," Imran thought and chugged a glass of soda.

He then excused himself and went upstairs to the restroom. As he was about to enter a room, he heard some noise from the the next door. "Leave me alone!" "Come on, you're too hot to be left alone, babe," a guy spoke. "Don't babe me Josh, just get out!" Something about it seemed off to Imran and he could now hear the girl shouting and asking the guy to stay away.

So he did what he thought was right- he burst open the door and saw a tall boy in front of the girl. "Hey! Leave her alone!" The guy now faced him and turned out to be Josh. Finding this a good opportunity, Layla pushed him, due to which both Imran and Layla could now see each other.

"Imran!" She called out and ran to him, as shock was written all over his face. "Lay- Layla? What are you doing here?" He asked and she said, "Imran, Imran I don't wanna stay here. Please take me home." His emotions changed all of a sudden on seeing her beautiful long dark brown hair now messy and her makeup smudged. On hearing her now broken voice, he asked, "Did he do something to you Layla? Answer me Layla!"

Josh got up and looked at him and said, "C'mon man, are you really gonna fight with me over a girl? They're all just playing victims-" Imran punched him in the middle of his sentence and said, "Do not talk about her like that. I'm warning you."
Josh smirked and asked, "Why? Is she your girlfriend? Look I don't care, but yeah, she seemed pretty hot to be left untouche-" How dare you bloody touch her, huh?" Imran asked as he landed another punch on his face.

"Imran no! Please stop," Layla pleaded against him but it was of no use. They had stared fighting and there was no way that she could stop him. She ran downstairs searching for her only hope- Theo. "Theo! Theo!" She shouted and finally found him. "Theo!" On seeing her, Theo felt somewhat relaxed and worried as well. Her messy hair, tear streamed cheeks and smudged eyeliner made him ask her, "Layla? What the hell happened, why are you crying? And where did you disappear to? I was searching for you everywhere and was so worried! And Imran's here as well."

"Theo, Imran and Josh, they- they're fighting upstairs." "What? Why?" "I'll tell you everything later on, but now please stop Imran, he won't listen to me. He'll kill that guy please make him stop!" Layla requested as Theo rushed upstairs with her.

"Imran! Dude stop!" Theo exclaimed as he went ahead and held his best friend. Imran's knuckles were bleeding, and so was Josh's face. Imran had a slight scar on his face, just at his jawline. "Leave me Theo! Don't stop me. This creep was harassing Layla! He was harassing my Layla!" Imran exclaimed as Layla hitched, not knowing what to say.

"Imran I'm fine, he couldn't do anything to me. You came and saved me just on time. Please leave him," Layla said between sobs while wiping the tears off her face as Imran's face softened. He went to her and caressed her cheek, gently tucking her hair behind her ears. "Nobody hurts my Layla and gets away from it. Especially not after something disgusting like this." He said and turned around, only to be stopped as Layla held his hand. He shook his head and gently let go of her hand and went back to Josh.

"How could you even think of doing something so cheap to her, huh?" Imran asked as he held him from the collar of his shirt. Josh pushed Imran back and said, "I didn't do anything wrong, alright? And man just, just look at her. I just couldn't help myself-"

Imran dragged him down from his collar and punched him. The songs had now stopped and everyone was looking at the scene in front of them. Josh's face was now smeared with blood and Imran landed a last punch on his jaw and said, "Never again shall you come near Layla, or you'll literally regret it your entire lifetime, hm?"

He nodded and Imran left him, as he dropped down to the ground. Theo went forward and held his collar, and said, "That was for touching Layla, and this is for hurting her even after I warned you not to. Stay miles away from her. " He punched his nose as he yelped in pain.

"Come on Theo, we're leaving" Imran said as he held Layla from her shoulders and moved out through the main door. "Imran! Stop, I need to talk to you," Theo said as he came running from behind. "Can't we talk later? Is it urgent?" Imran asked as Theo nodded.

"Imran, I brought Layla here. I know that you're thinking why I did so, but hear me out. I was heading here and just before you called me, I saw her standing all alone in the middle of nowhere. I asked her what was she doing there and she said that she was out to repair her phone but her car broke down." Imran looked at Layla who nodded, agreeing with what Theo said.
"So we gave her phone for repairing and meanwhile, I called a mechanic to fix her car. Her car would take around an hour, so I advised her to come with me rather than waiting there all alone. And when you called me, she asked me not to tell you about her being there with me so that you would ask questions about her being out so late."

"Layla why didn't you want me to know?" Imran asked to which she replied, "I know you Imran, you would immediately come there if you knew that I was there. And I didn't want to trouble you anymore." Layla replied as Theo further spoke, "And when we got in the party, we were together for the whole time. Josh asked me about her and I told him to stay away. We both were sitting in the kitchen but when you and I went in the kitchen, she was not there. I- I don't know man, I'm really sorry. I know it's all my fault. I'm really sorry Layla-"

"No Theo, it's- it's not your fault, not at all. In fact, in fact you tried your best to help me and I appreciate it. I was just, I was confused as to how Imran would react if he found out that I was there and, and so I went upstairs to hide. And Josh saw me going up and he came there, and-" She said and broke down as Imran comforted her.

"It's okay Layla, it's fine. You are with me now. You're safe," Imran said as he hugged her, as she he hugged him back and wiped her tears.

"Um, sorry but, I think it's pretty late. Shouldn't we drop you home? You have to collect your phone as well. It's near to 11." Theo said as they let go of the hug and sat in Theo's car. "Imran, how did you come here? I mean, by your car or?" "I came here with Kai, a friend," he replied to Layla.

They drove off and collected Layla's phone and then went to where her car was. Throughout the ride, Layla was peacefully sleeping in the backseat, only to be woken up by Imran. "We'll drop you till your home Layla, it's too late for you to be out here alone." Imran said as she nodded and sat in her car, driving off to her home.

Soon they reached her driveway and she got out of her, so did the two boys. "Thankyou Theo, for helping me. I'm very grateful for it," she said to which he replied, "Layla, I- I don't know what to say. I'm sorry for what happened. All I want for you is to stay safe. And what are friends for?" She nodded and went to Imran.

Theo got inside his car and smirked at Imran, leaving him in confusion. "No Layla, no need to thank me. I've helped you today and will always help you. Though you are a magnet for attracting trouble to yourself, I will always protect you Layla. This is the least I can do for you," Imran said with a small smile as Layla nodded and smiled. He gently wiped away the tears that were flowing down her face.

She quickly hugged him and ran inside after muttering a small 'Bye' and closed the door.

Now that they knew she was at her home, they left for theirs, thinking she was safe. "What was that little smirk you gave me out there?" Imran asked Theo, who in response said, "Why? You don't know what that meant?" Imran shook his head and Theo said, "Well, given your past, I just wanted to give you both a little personal space, you know."

He smirked as Imran said, "Wait, what past?" Theo just smirked and stopped the car, and said, "You've reached your destination. Bye."

"No wait, what past are you talking about?" Imran asked but Theo just smirked and said, "C'mon go now! I'm tired and I wish to sleep. Go!" He slightly pushed Imran out and drove off, putting his best friend in a deep thought.

*    *    *    *    *

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading!

Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Please make sure to vote if you liked the chapter!<33

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

10.2K 146 15
when emily prentiss leaves for interpol, sometning would always feel off.. something is always missing from her life. and when aaron hotchner comes a...
98.6K 1.2K 54
Your just an normal 17 year old girl and your name is y/n, your brother is Alvaro, when you was 10 your parents abandon y'all, ever since Alvaro has...
1.7K 105 17
After the last extermination, Adam survives but is cast out of Heaven and sent to Hell. Charlie encounters him and learns there's more to the story s...
636K 24.4K 60
Bad press is still press.