Saorsa

By Elijahtheshagger

After being disowned by her parents, fifteen year old Serena Verlice finds herself in a toxic relationship wi... More

Characters
Playlist
End of the line
Opportunity
Strain
Close
Hesitation
Disagreement
Girl's girl
Hour glass
Trouble in paradise
Separate ways
Cat and mouse
Two truths and a lie
As it was
Bonding
Commotion
Intricate
Red herring
Unearthing
Lead up
Desire
Lockdown
Brainstorm
Drunk actions, sober thoughts
Rubber
Truths and revelations
Vitals
Past lives
Slip up
Out at sea
The question
Unexpected
Inevitable
Cause, effect
Allies
The concert
Miscommunication
Deluded
Adrenaline
Dead man walking
Conceal
Sacrifice
Shrine
Domino effect
Suspicion
Soul ties
Skyfall
Chance
Impending

Running out of time

6.4K 189 78
By Elijahtheshagger

The past six days have been simultaneously eventful and uneventful. 

We've spent the entire week being lazily, eating copious amounts of food and watching movies all day and yet it's been the most exciting week of my life.

Me and Emilio had sex, the best sex of my life.

The way he treated me was something I've never felt before, the gentleness and care he had with me was a drastic contrast to James.

Ever since that night we haven't been able to keep our hands off each other, spending our time in captivity in each other's beds.

We've grown very close, being trapped in the house together means we've barley had any time away from each other. I feel like I've actually been able to peak into his mind and understand him.

He opened up to me about his life and his past relationships and I did the same, sharing details I've never told anyone else before.

We've become inseparable and I know I should feel guilty but I don't, the safety and warmth I feel around him outweighs any negative feeling.

I wasn't supposed to let him get close but I'm weak. I just pray he'll forgive me when I'm gone. 

"You sure you're up for it?" Emilio asks, coming strolling into the bedroom. "Yeah I feel better," I yawn, trying to smile reassuringly.

My health has been quickly deteriorating over the past week, I've had a fever most nights and Emilio has been up taking care of me.

I knew my health would start getting worse eventually but I'm having a hard time accepting it now, especially when I have so much to live for.

"Here," He says, picking up a jacket off the armchair and wrapping me in it.

"Are you going to tell me what you've been up to now?" I smirk as he leads me through the house and towards the back garden.

He's been sneaking about all day arranging something and I have no clue what he's been doing.

He opens the back door and we both step out onto the patio, the sun setting around us and leaving the sky glowing a soft orange colour.

"Just a bit further," He encourages, leading me towards the end of the vast garden. We walk a full minute to get to the bottom, the house now sitting far away in the distance.

"Emilio this is beautiful," I gasp.

There's a blanket on the floor, surrounded by lanterns and rose petals. Two plates wrapped in foil sit on top of the picnic basket, the smell of freshly cooked food emitting from it.

"I can't believe you did this for me," I gush, turning to face him. He's already looking down at me, his face glowing under the soft light of the candles.

I stand up on my tippy toes, tilting my head up to deliver a peck to his lips.

"This smells so good," I praise, sitting down on the blanket. 

He hands me my plate as I continue rambling about how stunning this little picnic date is. I peel off the foil and almost cry at what I see.

I had told him that my favourite meal growing up was Risotto, a dish my dad used to make me before everything went to shit between us. 

I told him that I haven't had it since I was little and here it is, in front of me. 

"Emilio this is so sweet, thank you" I tell him honestly. 

"Don't thank me yet you haven't tried it," He laughs. "I'm not a chef but I tried my best," He chuckles, unwrapping his plate.

We spend hours talking, there never once being a silent moment in our conversation. When I'm around him everything flows so easily. Everything else fades into the background and it's just me and him.

"Here," He offers, handing me a flute of champagne. "Here's to our last day in prison," I joke, knowing his dad is letting us go outside tomorrow.

We laugh and continue talking until the sky transforms from orange to pitch black.

I try to fight off the unbearable feeling of exhaustion that starts to hit me as I attempt to listen to what Emilio's talking about but I can't, his words not registering in my clouded mind.

"Emilio!" A loud yell pulls me out of my haze. 

We both turn, spotting Lucian and his dad on the porch, looking out at us.

"Fucks sake," He groans. "I'm sorry," He apologies, our date being cut short. 

"It's okay," I reply honestly, actually feeling kind of relieved. "I'm tired anyway," I tell him, standing up.

He nods understandingly, getting up himself. His slight annoyance that his dad is interrupting us is replaced with concern as he looks down at me.

"Are you sure you're okay? you're burning up," He frowns, his hand against my forehead.

"I'm fine," I reply dismissively. "Go talk to your dad I'll clean this up," I say, motioning towards the picnic.

"No go to bed, I'll do it later," He orders, his hand on my lower back as he pushes me back towards the house.

I feel off, more than usual as we walk up the garden.

"Serena," Emilio's dad nods at me friendlily as we approach the porch. "Hi Mr. Cruz," I greet, smiling at him.

"Call me Santiago," He smiles back, easing the tension I previously felt around him. "We need to talk son," He says, turning his head towards Emilio.

I leave them to talk on the patio, hobbling towards Emilio's room where I've been sleeping the past few days.

I'm lightheaded, disoriented as I head to the bathroom and shift through the cabinet for any painkillers to ease the aching in my stomach.

Through blurred vision I grab a bottle of aspirin, using my sweaty palms to open it as I stumble to the bedroom in search of the glass of water I often leave on my nightstand.

Suddenly a piercing pain shoots through my body, causing me to shriek before I slam my hand over my mouth, trying to muffle the painful cry.

I drop the aspirin, the little pills scattering across the floor as my body sways. 

I try to get to the bed, knowing I need to sit down urgently but I don't make it far, toppling to the ground.

"Really? That's it?" I ask, baffled. 

"You had us worried," Lucian huffs, knowing dad only really comes to our house if there's a problem.

"What I can't come and see my boys?" He defends himself. He'd only come over to drop off two sweaters our mum knitted us, effectively ruining our date for nothing.

"Let me stay for a drink, I need a break from your mother's 'book reading group'" He sighs, doing air quotes as he collapses onto our sofa.

"Why the air quotes?" Lucian snorts, sitting opposite him and lighting up a blunt.

"Well because they meet up every week to read but end up just drinking wine and loudly gossiping," He laughs, reaching over to roll his own.

"So what's the deal with you and this girl?" He questions, looking up at me while pressing the blunt to his lips.

"He lovesss her," Lucian mocks childishly. I smack the back of his head, only causing him to laugh.

"I like her, things are going well," I state bluntly, not revealing much.

"Like?" Lucian snorts. "I can hear how much you 'like' each other through the bedroom wall each night," He laughs hysterically, causing my dad to start laughing with him.

I roll my eyes and flip them off before heading towards my room. I open the door quietly, expecting to see Serena fast asleep in our bed with the lights off.

The sight before me causes my blood to run cold and panic to course through my veins.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 1.1K 55
Disclaimer: Any edit used in this book is mine. The pictures, however, have been taken from Pinterest and does not belong to me. Credit for the book...
14.6K 422 37
Claire Morgan was accustomed to danger. She was raised in a world of con artists and scammers. From a young age, she knew the repercussions of the l...
5.7K 185 62
An FBI agent who gets an opportunity to move to Italy to be an agent there. Of course she takes it right away. The job she loves in the country she l...
1.5K 53 11
15 Years It's been 15 years since The Costa's last saw their son. 15 years since his so called mother kidnapped him. 15 years since they have been se...