Feathers and Flame // Dabi x...

anonfaerie tarafından

Dabi X Reader X Hawks COMPLETED Like Hawks, you were raised by the Commission to be the perfect weapon. Unlik... Daha Fazla

Author's Note
1: Shinobi
2: League of Villains
3: Princess
4: Dove
5: Would You Beg?
6: Spectacle of Heroes
7: Petty Road
8: Blurred Lines
9: Cupcakes and Murder
10: Strawberry Shampoo
11: Ambivalence
12: Poison of Choice
13: Collide
14: Sin
15: Beautiful Liars
16: Games
17: Bird-brain
18: Truths
19: Frosty
20: Wicked
21: Charm
22: Admission
23: Stained
24: Business
25: Denial
26: Submit
27: Mine
28: Midnight
29: Past
30: Present
32: Shine
33: Flight
34: Crave
35: Traitor
36: Feathers
37: Flame
38: Hatred
39: Touya
35.5: Traitor (Dabi)
40: Hospital
41: Izuku
42: Vigilante
43: Lady Nagant
44: Stay
45: Ghost
46: Composure
47: Toga
48: Release
49: Yours
50: One More Truth
51: Takami Keigo
52: Tell Me Why
53: To The End, Whatever It May Be
BONUS: One More Truth (Dabi)

31: Secrets

351 13 8
anonfaerie tarafından

Dabi's arms were comforting and warm in the way that you craved them to be, but the more you sank into that feeling, the more you felt like you were burning instead.

Your mind was a storm of spiraling thoughts, and you felt like the porcelain mask holding all of your emotions at bay was beginning to crack. Every altercation you shared with Dabi in recent memory was far from... amicable. And then you'd been taken. And he came for you.

And you were so fucking happy that he did. But it didn't heal the wound in your chest that had been festering for so long already. Didn't change how you had admitted to harbouring feelings for the first time in your entire life only to be so ruthlessly shot down. And the worst part of all was that you knew deep down he was lying, and you just weren't enough to make a villain speak the truth.

But then again, who were you to demand the truth, when you could not — or would not — offer it in return.

"You're being very... quiet."

It was true. You'd barely said a word since he carried you from that place and warped you both back to the front of your headquarters.

"I... don't have anything to say."

Dabi's arms tightened around you ever-so-slightly. "Then fight with me instead."

The words speared through you, pricking tears in your eyes. What is with all the crying today? You blinked them away. "I don't have any fight left in me."

He was looking at you then. Those captivating blue eyes were pained despite the playful smirk he pasted on his lips. "You and I both know that isn't true."

You smiled softly, but like his, it didn't quite reach your eyes. "Is that what you want? You want me to fight with you?"

The corner of his mouth picked up, this time more genuine. "Isn't that what we do?"

You rolled your eyes, but the smile didn't leave you. "You lost that privilege when you decided to be an asshole."

His laugh skittered over you. "I've always been an asshole."

"More of an asshole, then."

Dabi carried you through the building, the chatter of people an accompaniment to your conversation. But like always, you couldn't find it within you to care about anything but him.

"So you're not going to talk to me anymore?"

He didn't attempt to hide the amusement in his voice at the likely thought of how far in vain your attempts to avoid him would end up being.

You merely sighed. "It would be the least you deserve."

Dabi chuckled. "Fine then, princess." His gaze swept over you. "I'll be the one to do the talking. But first, let's get you taken care of."

The promise in his words constricted that sorry organ in your chest you were starting to wish you could remove. He deposited you in the infirmary, grunting an order at the poor doctor who scrambled to attention at his tone. You could only roll your eyes and wait as you were poked and prodded, cleaned, and bandaged while Dabi watched on from the corner of the room.

You hissed in pain as the bite wound on your calf was tended to.

"Careful."

The warning came in the form of a growl from the insufferable villain lurking in the corner of the room. You glared at Dabi, turning your attention to the physician whose eyes were as wide as saucers. "Ignore him. He was just leaving."

Dabi's brows quirked up, a smirk on his two-tone lips. "Was I?"

"Yes, you were." You flicked your wrist, shooing him. "Go and occupy yourself for fifteen minutes. I'll still be here when you return."

Probably in the most surprising turn of events, Dabi did as you ordered without so much as blinking, though that smirk never left his face. You motioned for the doctor to continue, glad he looked a little less like he might die of a heart attack at any moment.

Was this guy kidnapped from a hospital or something?

You swiftly decided you'd rather not know.

"Nyx!" Toga's chirping voice filled the room as she bounded inside, dashing towards you. "Are you okay?"

"Peachy," you grumbled, feeling the exhaustion as it started to hit. "Had an eventful couple of days."

"We were so worried," Toga explained, throwing her arms around you. "Especially Jin. And whatever Dabi says, he was pretty freaked out too. He almost burned the whole place down when he found out you'd been taken."

At least a small part of you was curious what that might have looked like.

"Spinner and Mr. Compress are making you soup so you can heal up faster." Toga paused, a wicked little grin spreading across her pretty face. "Did you cut them?"

"Of course," you replied, noticing how the doctor bristled at your response and the vengeful gleam in your eye. "You would have been proud."

Toga giggled, squeezing you a little tighter. "I'm glad to have you back."

You opened your mouth to reply when Dabi appeared, clearing his throat to get both of your attention. Toga released you reluctantly, stepping away as Dabi offered you a cup of steaming liquid.

"What's this?"

Dabi shrugged. "Tea."

Your incredulity was apparent. "You brought me... tea?" Amusement curled your lips into a grin. "Maybe I really am dead."

"Just take it." He offered it again and this time you accepted, still grinning softly. "I had the magician make it. You like this stuff, don't you?"

"I do." You brought it to your lips, taking a small sip. "Thank you."

He scratched the back of his neck, his gaze elsewhere. "No problem."

Toga's eyes flicked between you both, her grin widening. "I'm going to go," she announced, backing towards the door. "I'll see you later."

You offered her a weak wave as Dabi turned his attention to the doctor.

"Are you finished?" He questioned and the poor guy nodded rapidly. "Good. Now get out."

You watched him scarper away over the lip of your teacup, mildly amused. "Be nice."

Dabi's gaze settled on you. "No."

You shrugged, taking another sip. "Worth a try."

The villain dug his hands into his pockets, his gaze sweeping over you as he noted every place your skin was bandaged. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Why did you come for me, Dabi?"

You asked the question, blunt and plain, because you didn't have the energy to dance around the issue any longer. Either he admitted it, or you would make sure your heart never told the truth ever again.

"I would never have left you there."

That wound in your chest began to bleed once more. "Did you come for me as my superior, or did you come for me because you care?"

His jaw tightened. "Princess..."

You placed your cup down and slid off the infirmary bed, limping your sorry ass towards the door. Not again. Never again.

"Nyx, please." The sound of your name on his lips almost destroyed you. "Just wait."

"I'm not doing this again, Dabi." You made no further attempt to move but also did not turn to face him. "I just... can't."

He caught your hand in his before you could reach for the handle, tugging you to him. "I said I'd talk. Just sit, princess. Please."

You pursed your lips. "Okay." You let him guide you back to the bed, picking up your discarded teacup to take another sip. "But only since you said please twice."

A lopsided grin appeared on his pretty lips. "This is what you do to me."

You gazed at him over the rim of your cup. "You'll have to do better than that."

Dabi's eyes glittered with amusement. "You know that I want you."

"Yes." You set down the cup, one brow raised. "You've made that part abundantly clear."

"You're making this difficult."

You laughed. "What a shame it would be for me to make this difficult for you."

His gaze captured you. "Are you going to torture me forever?"

"Yes."

A dark smirk curled his lips. "Good."

You rolled your eyes, smiling. "Continue, then."

His jaw locked again, mildly frustrated, but the mirth in his eyes told you he adored the challenge as much as you did.

"I... Fuck. Why is this so hard?"

You softened slightly, understanding just a little what it felt like to let go of those walls you'd so carefully erected around yourself.

"Dabi," you breathed, your voice as soft as silk. "Give me one truth."

His cerulean eyes seemed to glow as he gazed at you, and in that moment he looked like some kind of dark prince. The kind that stole your soul with one enchanted kiss, only you would have given yours willingly.

"I thought I was going to lose my mind, princess. If I hadn't been able to get you back I think I might have set the entire world on fire."

You inhaled a breath, his words a brand on your heart.

"That night, in the hallway, I never wanted you to see me like that." His eyes were a blazing inferno now, but you had no fear of flame. "I... Fuck. You were just so... perfect."

He reached for you, brushing his fingertips down your jaw.

"But I can't give you what you want. At least not... yet."

You shook off his touch, hurt. "What do you mean?"

Dabi knelt before you, forcing you to look at him, while his hands slid up the backs of your calves. "There's something I need to do first. Something I need to... finish or else I can't be free of it. I need you to trust me, princess."

You could barely stand to look at him. "You won't tell me?"

"I will," he said. "I'll tell you everything. I just need... time."

God, you were so fucking hurt.

"It's not good enough." Your words were a whisper against the silence. "I don't even know who you are."

And you don't know who I am.

"I... Shit, Nyx. I haven't cared about a fucking thing in my life until you. Give me time. I'll end this."

Your chest felt like it was caving in.

"End what, Dabi?"

His eyes were pleading. Begging. Never once had he looked at you that way. It was the most he'd ever given you, and yet it was just not enough.

"I'll tell you everything. Just let me do this first."

Dabi looked at you as if you were the only bright light in the darkness he dwelled in. His eyes were the same brilliant blue as the flames flickering within him. Either he would be your salvation, or he would be your ruin.

And how deliciously torturous that ruin would taste.

"Do whatever it is you need to do." Your words were stronger now, though you'd never felt so weak. "But I am not yours. Not with so many secrets between us."

The villain kneeling before you nodded, his lips curving into a delectably wicked smirk. And oh how you adored the sight of it. "I'll make you mine, princess. One way or another."

You smirked at him. "Or maybe I'll just continue torturing you forever."

Dabi grinned at you. "I'll take that." He rose to his feet. "Just one more thing."

You raised a brow. "And what's that?"

He leaned in, his words a soft caress against your skin. "Keep fighting with me, princess."

How could you say no?

***

When you finally managed to make it to your bed, you slept for an entire day. At some point, you'd awoken only to eat something and fall immediately back into the deepest slumber you'd ever had in your life. You didn't dream of heroes and villains. In fact, you didn't dream of anything at all. But when you woke, your thoughts took you elsewhere.

Despite how your conversation with Dabi went, you felt less... tumultuous than usual. But your ever-growing curiosity about what it was he wouldn't tell you needed to be sated sooner or later. If that required even more sleuthing, then so be it.

Your entire body ached as you stood, and every step sent a lightning bolt of pain up your leg. But you were done lying down. And besides, there was something you needed to do.

It was just before midnight and the city was a buzz of energy and multicoloured light. You spent some time watching the world go by before you plucked up the courage to make the journey to Hawks' apartment.

You found him atop the roof, legs dangling off the edge as he watched that same world go by.

He noticed your presence immediately and stood. "Dove?"

And how beautiful he looked to you, the city light a glow on his golden skin. Your mind wandered to the sight of him knelt before you, freeing you from your binds. In your fear and hope you'd reached for him and found him there. Real. Warm. It cleaved you open in a way you'd not felt before.

"Hawks."

The breeze brushed through his crimson wings as he strode towards you. "You should be—"

"Resting, I know." You smiled at him. "I'll be back in my bed in no time, don't worry."

His golden eyes swept over you. "You're... okay?"

You winked at him. "Can't say the same for the other guys."

A grin spread across his lips. "I'm glad to hear it." He stepped closer. "What are you doing here, dove?"

"You came for me."

The words sent your already rapid heart into a frenzy, even though it was you who spoke them.

"I did." His golden eyes captivated you. "I wasn't the only one, it seemed."

You didn't miss the flash of emotion on his face, though it was gone before you could blink. He was always so much better than you at hiding himself.

"Why?"

Hawks grinned at you. Against the backdrop of night, he was truly devastating. "Do I need to explain myself to you, dove? Because I think you already have a fair idea."

Your heartbeat was a crescendo with no apparent end.

"I was breaking, and you were there."

Those golden eyes sliced through you, laying you bare. What could he see within you now?

"You're not capable of breaking."

You stepped a little closer, delighting in how his wings stiffened despite how calm he pretended to be. If you placed your hand over his heart, would it beat as fast as yours?

"I came here because I wanted to thank you." You stepped onto your tippy-toes and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek, lingering as the scent of wind and vanilla engulfed your senses. "So thank you."

Hawks' hand slid up your arm, stopping you from pulling away entirely. "You still owe me a prize, dove."

"Have you decided what you want?"

He nodded. "There's somewhere I want to take you soon."

"Oh?" You quirked a brow. "And where is that?"

Hawks released you, the smirk on his lips pure seduction. "Now that would ruin the surprise, wouldn't it?"

***

Ngl guys, I was planning out the next few chapters and we are fast approaching the end of this arc...

I apologise in advance for the carnage that is to come 😭

But before all that, I guess Hawks wants to cash in his prize... I wonder what he has planned for next week ;)

Hope everyone had a great week!!! Happy Sunday 💜

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

191K 4.3K 29
After weeks of horrific torture I was finally rescued but that dam stitched up asshole Dabi ran away with my love (Y/N) ... I'll kill him and bring...
313 5 11
"Love is a waste of time satiri you have no place among the hero scum" "well then for that I'd gladly become a hero scum" __________ yes the title is...
150K 3.6K 22
After being kidnapped by villains, Y/n decided to move with your cousin to Japan and transfer to U.A. She's trying to have a fresh start, make some m...
152K 4K 29
Betrayal. Lust. Power. Rising from the shadows of her hidden life to save a stranger, Y/N L/N, a young woman with an overpowered quirk, is swept into...