The Book of Secrets

Autorstwa katie-ann9316

Kelly, Rachel, Jenny, Max, Adam and Zack use to be childhood best friends but everything changed when they st... Więcej

The Book of Secrets
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
***** Note *****

Chapter 16

246 12 2
Autorstwa katie-ann9316

Thank you for reading :) and i hope you enjoy <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were twenty minuets left until the garage was closed and Rachel had almost finished sorting through the piles of paperwork in the office, she was silently moaning about her dad's lack of organisation when she heard shouting coming from outside where Zack was working. She quickly walked out of the office to find out what the commotion was about. Standing in front of Zack was his father, half dressed in a pair of worn jeans and a blue shirt that was buttoned up wrong, holding a bottle of beer in one hand and his coat in the other.

“You're a useless waste of space!” he slurred clearly very drunk. “I had to find out from Mr Smith that you got a job!” he continued stumbling forward and knocking over the tool box that was on the floor. “Well if you think that keeping your job a secret from me, would stop me from having your wages. You're wrong” he shouted taking another long gulp out of his bottle.

“Your not having my wages! I earned them” Zack argued, “I'm not living at home any more. You got your wish, just leave me alone now” he said walking away from his drunk father.

“I'm not finished with you boy!” he yelled grabbing hold of Zack's top.

“Excuse me! Mr Wood we are closing up now. I think you had better leave” Rachel said sternly as she walked over to Zack.

“I'm not leaving until I get my money!” he raged stepping towards Rachel.

“If you don't leave I will have to call the police and you don't want that Mr Wood” Rachel said calmly before motioning to the door.

“This isn't over boy” he yelled as he stumbled out of the garage with Rachel locking the door behind him.

“Sorry Rachel,” Zack said embarrassed by his father's behaviour.

“Don't worry about it, my dad will be back next week and he will sort everything out” she soothed,

“Let's pack up, we're done for the day” she added walking back into the office.

Adam was sat at the breakfast table working on his computer while Jenny was washing up the dishes singing along to the radio that was playing in the background.

“Hello kids” called their mother as she entered the house placing her bag on the back of a chair.

“Hi mum, how was work?” Jenny asked as Adam got up to make her a cup of coffee,

“It was alright dear, how was your day?” Mrs Price asked sitting at the table.

“Fine” Adam answered placing the cup in front of his mother,

“Thank you” she smiled taking a tentative sip,

“we left you some dinner, do you want it now or later?” Jenny asked washing the last plate.

“I think I will have a little nap for a couple of hours” she said exhaustion clear on her face,

“Alright, well we are going to see Rachel, Kelly and Zack later if that's alright?” Jenny asked wiping her hands,

“Yes no problem, as long as you've done your homework” Mrs Price nodded kicking off her shoes and taking another sip of her drink. “I have another shift at nine so make sure you are back before eleven” she said standing up with her drink clutched in her hands,

“We will. Just make sure you have something to eat before you go back work,” Jenny said watching as her mother walked up the stairs to her room.

“We had better get going in a minute” Adam said “Do you need help finishing the dishes?” he asked,

“Yes Please, I'll dry if you put away” Jenny said and Adam nodded passing her a towel.

“I don't need that” she said with a smile raising her hand over the dishes moving all the water off them back into the sink using her element. “Done” she giggled before walking out of the kitchen to get ready.

“That's cheating” Adam moaned.

Rachel was standing outside looking at the grass nervously, “Are you sure you can stop it?” She asked Kelly who stood five paces away from her.

“I promise” Kelly encouraged, “Just start small,” she added and Rachel nodded her head taking a deep breath to calm her nerves, closing her eyes Rachel began to connect to her element, slowly taking down the wall she had built to keep it out, as soon as the wall was gone she felt a wave of energy attack her. “Kelly” she cried in worry,

“Control it Rach, you can do it” Kelly encouraged, “Make it listen to you, it's just a needy child” she added seeing her friends distress. Slowly the grass around Rachel began to grow tangling her up in a cocoon. “I can't do it Kelly!” Rachel screeched and Kelly quickly raised her hand and transformed the grass that was overpowering Rachel into water, she was free from the vines but left drenched.

“Thank you” Rachel sighed disconnecting from her element.

“I told you I would help” Kelly said, “you have to be firm with it, getting scared only feeds it” Kelly explained walking to her wet friend handing her a towel that she had brought with them.

“I know but it's hard when it's so powerful” Rachel sighed using the towel to dry her red hair.

“Rachel your drenched!” Jenny cried as she and Adam walked out of the forest, “What have you been doing?” she asked before raising her hand and pulling every last drop of water away from her. “Thanks Jen” Rachel said looking happily at her now dry clothes.

“I was helping Rachel with her element” Kelly explained, “Unfortunately that means that she gets a little wet” she giggled,

“Oh well I could help with that” Jenny offered tying her hair up into a ponytail, in a sign that she was ready to work.

“I'll leave you girls to it” Adam said walking over to the house.

The three girls stayed outside for hours helping Rachel, every time the element started to overpower her Kelly would transform it and then Jenny would dry Rachel off, they worked like this none stop and slowly Rachel became less fearful as she learned to keep her element at bay.

Max woke up Wednesday morning to his screeching alarm, groaning he rolled over pulling his pillow over his head to drown out the noise. “Max, Get up! You can have a ride to school with me” his dad's voice boomed up the stairs. “You never take me to school?” Max grumbled confused as to why his dad would offer him a ride. He got ready making sure to pack an extra set of clothes into his bag, he had been doing this all week just encase he lost control of his element like he did on Monday. He sighed remembering how embarrassed he was, yesterday he had tried to avoid Jenny knowing that she wanted to discuss his element, it just wasn't a good time to develop powers. As soon as his brothers were gone he could make more time for his element learning how to control it better, but at the moment he was under to much pressure to worry about it. He sat at the table as his mother placed a plate of toast in front of him. “Thanks” he said before taking his first bite.

“Come on slow coach” Brent said running into the kitchen and stealing half of his breakfast,

“Dad's not going to wait forever” Ash added stealing the other half before running outside.

“I guess I'll eat at school” Max grumbled slinging his bag over his shoulder and walking outside to see his brothers sat in the car talking to their dad.

“What are you guys doing?” Max asked,

“They are going to help me today during class” Mr Rhead explained “Hurry up and get in” he added starting the engine.

The ten minute journey to school felt like three hours to Max. His dad never stopped praising this two eldest sons, and Ash found it hilarious to tease him about Jenny,

“She is nothing more than a distraction” his dad cried making Max roll his eyes, “Your brothers never have distractions, they keep their focus” Mr Rhead added,

“It's not my fault they can't get girlfriends” Max grumbled,

“Hey! I can get a girlfriend!” Ash cried punching Max in the arm,

“They just know what real commitment is Max” his father shouted as they pulled into the school parking lot. “If you where half as committed as your brothers ….” he added once he had parked the car, but Max was already headed for the school.

“MAX!” his father bellowed getting out of the car also.

“I'm going to be late for class” he replied continuing his escape into the building.

Max's brothers were the talk of the school by second period, Kelly, Jenny and Rachel were attacked by a group of flustered girls begging Jenny to introduce them during maths. Zack found it entertaining to watch almost every girl at lunch try to sit with Brent and Ash. “I actually thought one of the girls were going to faint when Brent smiled at her” he laughed falling onto one of the chairs in the library where Adam and the girls were listening to his description of the chaos in the canteen.

“Was Max with them?” Jenny asked him concerned for her boyfriend.

“No I didn't spot him but I couldn't see much through the sea of girls anyway.” Zack said with a sigh.

“Your not jealous are you Zack?” Rachel asked with a smirk.

“Me? Jealous?” he said in a innocent voice, “I have all I want right here” he added putting an arm around Kelly who instantly shrugged it off.

“In your dreams Zack” Kelly scoffed,

“Don't try to hide it Kel, I know that your blown away but my good looks” he said causing a gust of wind to blow Kelly's hair around.

“Yes, but your lack of concern for my personal bubble is very off putting” Kelly said creating a bubble of energy surrounding her, blocking him out.

“Oh don't be like that!” Zack cried teasingly as the bell rang.

Max had been counting down the seconds until school was over, his brothers appearance had caused the entire school to go crazy. When the bell finally rang he jumped from his seat and ran for the door passing a concerned Jenny as he went. Max felt really bad for ignoring her all day but he just couldn't handle any more drama and Jenny was the queen of drama. He knew that she would understand why he was so annoyed lately, but the look in her eyes every time he walked past her in the corridor made him want to scream for being such a rubbish boyfriend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you think?

Do you feel bad for Jenny and Adam's mum? she works all the time. What about Max and his brothers? Is Max being a rubish boyfriend or do you think it is understandable?

Vote, Comment and Fan :)

Katie-ann xxx

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.3K 43 94
Four girls living an ordinary life, thought nothing of the world. They had a regular family, went to school and they were the best of friends. Yet...
1.1K 43 47
Two girls named Terra and Phoenix flair had a big secret that only they knew, they were independent and didn't need any adult supervision. They owned...
2.9K 285 16
{Original Story} Four teenagers are each gifted with the power of one of the classical elements: fire, water, earth, and air. They're meant to becom...
223K 7.4K 23
Canthopia, it's a world where every single person has a power. The people acquire these powers only after they turn 19 and after. But sometimes, in s...