A Battle For My Heart (Klaus...

Da InSearchOfFlames

When Leighanne Saltzman learns of her father's death, she heads to New Orleans in hope of a fresh start. What... Altro

Chapter 1: The Last Letter
Chapter 2: Daddy's Dead
Chapter 3: Welcome to New Orleans
Chapter 4: Meeting the Monster
Chapter 5: Sick
Chapter 6: Life or Death
Chapter 7: The Ball
Chapter 8: Dreams
Chapter 9: Breakdown
Chapter 10: Written Apology
Chapter 11: A Night To Remember
Chapter 12: Unforgettable Night
Chapter 13: Back Home
Chapter 14: Compelled
Chapter 15: Kidnapped & Revenge
Chapter 16: Hexed
Chapter 17: Tell Me
Chapter 18: This is Love
Chapter 19: Date Night
Chapter 20: Training
Chapter 21: Running & Water
Chapter 22: Leaving
Chapter 23: Secrets
Chapter 25: Farewell
Chapter 26: Bartender
Chapter 27: Moving On
Chapter 28: No More Vampires
Chapter 29: Surprise
Chapter 30: Heading North
Chapter 31: Oh Baby!

Chapter 24: Truth

13 0 0
Da InSearchOfFlames

We finally arrived back home. I ran inside and upstairs to find Elijah standing with his shirt off and a bunch of names written on his upper body.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine. I need your help with something." Elijah said as he put his shirt on. 

"Which is?" I asked.

He motioned for me to come forward and I did.

"These names. There witches that have been killed." He said. Marcel walked in and looked at Elijah in shock.

"What the hell is going on?" He asked.

"It's a riddle. When you figure it out it goes away." Elijah said.

"I know that. But what's it for?" Marcel asked.

"I believe its where will find my siblings." He said.

"That name there is familiar." Marcel said.

"Leighanne, write down these names and do some research on them." Elijah said.

"Uh, ok." I said looking for a pen and paper. I wrote down all of the names that were on Elijah's body. I looked up and Marcel was looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said. Elijah and Marcel left to go find out more about the witches, I sat down at a desk and started researching the names. I wrote down when they died and how. After two hours of this, Elijah and Marcel walked back in.

"What did you find?" Elijah asked, as Marcel walked I'm behind him.

"Marcel just tell him. I'm tired of searching if you already know where there at." I said.

"Excuse me? Elijah asked. He glared at Marcel.

"Leighanne, what are you talking about?" Elijah asked.

"SHUT UP LEIGHANNE!" Marcel growled dodging toward me.

"Don't touch her." Elijah said running in front of me. "Now explain."

"Fine! Back in 1919, Rebekah and I wanted to be together and be public. So she became friends with a witch, named Genevieve. Rebekah made her do a locator spell that called Klaus's biggest enemy into town. Mikael. Then Rebekah tried to tell Genevieve how she didn't want to call Mikael back into town, but she couldn't reverse the spell so Rebekah infected her with a disease and she died." Marcel said nervously.

"You're telling me, the reason my father came to town was because of your selfishness?" Elijah asked.

"Rebekah suggested the idea." Marcel said.

Elijah grabbed Marcel and pinned him to the wall. I got up and ran after him.

"Elijah stop!" I yelled.

He looked down at me with veins showing, but they faded away.

"When Niklaus learns of this his wrath will have no end." Elijah said then dropped Marcel. I helped Marcel up and dusted him off.

"Let's just hope that Genevieve hasn't used that against Rebekah." Marcel said.

"Then let's go to the sanatorium." Elijah smiled.

We got in the car and Marcel drove us to the sanatorium.

"I'm not sure how to search for him." I said.

"Oh you won't be searching. You're going to stay in the car, I can't risk you getting hurt." Elijah said.

"Since when do you care about Leighanne?" Marcel asked.

"That is my business." Elijah said.

"But Klaus is my boyfriend." I said.

"And Klaus is my brother, if I try to stop him from doing something he'll try and kill me. But I cannot die, you on the other hand he can kill and you'll stay dead." Elijah said.

"He won't hurt me." I said.

"Leighanne he hurt you before, he'll do it again if it means getting what he wants." Marcel said.

I leaned back against the seat and we pulled up to an abandon building.

"This is the sanatorium?" I asked Marcel.

"Yep." He said.

They got out of the car and left me. I wanted to get out and find Klaus myself. But with him being upset I'm not so sure that's the right thing to do. Klaus won't hurt me, would he? If he does it to his siblings, I'm sure he'll have no problem doing it to me. I got out of the car and ran into the sanatorium. I quietly shut the front door. I heard footsteps down the hall.

"REBEKAH! REBEKAH!" They yelled. Klaus. He knows. As much as I don't like Rebekah since she killed me and all, I can't let Klaus kill her. She's his sister and I can't let him kill her. He'll live with guilt forever. I ran down the hall, looking for him.

"Rebekah!" Klaus yelled. I walked down the steps and into the basement. I stopped at the top, when I heard them talking, then I heard something break. I ran down the steps to see Marcel on the ground, and Elijah holding Klaus.

"Run as far and as fast as you can." Elijah said.

"Klaus." I said running over to him.

"Hey look at me." I said.

He couldn't move or talk.

"Elijah what the hell did you do?" I asked.

"I staked him with a blade that immobilizes him." He said.

"Elijah you what?" I screamed.

"Leighanne I did it to save my sister." He said.

"What about Klaus. You didn't save him." I yelled.

"Leighanne-"

"Shut up!" I yelled. "Let's get Klaus back to the quarter."

I got up and walked out to the car, with Elijah following behind. He placed Klaus in the back seat. I sat in the front. I didn't want to be around Elijah right now. But it was my only option. We drove back to the quarter, and it was pretty late. I went inside and changed into my pajamas let Elijah take care of Klaus. I walked back into our bedroom and Elijah had put Klaus into the bed.

"I suggest you don't sleep in here tonight." Elijah said.

"Then were do you suggest I sleep?" I asked.

"I heard the couch is nice." Elijah said.

"Fine." I said. Elijah handed me a pillow and a blanket. I walked over to Klaus and kissed his forehead. I walked into the living room and laid on the couch. I made myself comfortable and thought about what was going to happen tomorrow. Was Klaus going to go on a rampage? Will Rebekah be safe? What about Marcel? Where have they ran off too? So many questions and only time will answer them. I closed my eyes, hoping my dreams would be less complicated than reality.

As daylight shined through the window, I woke. I sat up and stretched. I walked into the bedroom to see Klaus. I walked over to his side and his shirt was off. I seen the gash where the blade went in. Maybe I should take it out? But then again I don't know what I'm doing. I felt bad for letting him leave me the other night. If those stupid vampires weren't looking for me then I'd be safe and we wouldn't be in this predicament. I watched as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Hey." I smiled.

He had a look of pain and agony. I wanted to help but I didn't know how.

"Leighanne step back." Someone said. I turned to see Elijah standing in the doorway.

"Why?" I asked.

"I'm going to remove the blade, care for a drink?" He asked handing me coffee. I accepted the coffee and drank it slowly. Elijah watched me in fascination.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"You just drank vervain, eighty percent of the coffee was vervain, and I'm surprised you didn't notice." Elijah smiled.

"Why'd you give me vervain?" I asked.

"So when I pull this blade from Niklaus he can feed on you, but he won't be able to feed properly, because of the vervain, now step back." He said. I stepped away from the bed and watched as Elijah cut Klaus's stomach open. He dug his hand deep into Klaus stomach. Klaus was moaning in pain, I wanted to comfort him but I was scared to. Elijah pulled the blade out and set it down, he grabbed a towel and cleaned his hands.

"You know what to do." Elijah said leaving. I walked over to Klaus's side.

"Hey. Are you ok?" I asked.

He was unable to speak, still in pain.

"Drink you'll feel better." I said. I out my wrist down to his mouth and he slowly clutched my forearm, and bit down, the veins from under his eyes were showing. He pulled away, I assume because of the vervain.

He gasped for air, breathing deeply and slowly.

"Klaus." I said grabbing his hand.

"Leighanne. What are you doing here?" He asked in pain.

"I'm here to help you." I said.

"You shouldn't be here right now, who knows what I'll do." He said.

"You're fine now though." I said caressing his face. He tried to sit up but fell back onto the bed.

"You need to rest for a while." I said.

"What I need is blood that isn't laced with vervain. Your blood is perfect, but since Elijah had you drink vervain, it isn't so perfect." Klaus said.

"I'm sorry. If I'd known it was laced with vervain I wouldn't have-"

"You wouldn't have what? You wouldn't have drank it?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered. "It's not the best but drink." I put my wrist back up towards his mouth. His fangs went deep into my wrist and it hurt this time, he was squeezing my arm tightly.

"Easy." I said firmly. He loosened up some and stopped drinking.

"Do you need anything?" I asked while I put a towel over the wound.

"Nothing I can't do myself." He said.

"I'm just trying to help." I said.

"Then stop trying." He growled.

"You don't have to be so mean." I said.

"I'm in no mood for being nice." He growled.

"I know but what Rebekah and Marcel did-"

"DON'T EVER SAY THEIR NAMES AGAIN!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry but you can't hate them forever." I said.

"Oh yes I can, and I plan on doing so." He said. Klaus sat up in bed. I got up and walked into the bathroom to clean my wound. I walked out into the bedroom, to see Klaus struggling to get up, he was at the edge of the bed, almost on his feet.

"Oh no you don't. Back in bed." I said. He stood up but fell on to me. I helped him get back into bed.

"Can't I do anything for myself?" He asked.

"Not in this condition." I said.

He sighed and relaxed his body.

I sat down in a chair and watched him rest. I sat in that stupid chair for a few hours, then he finally made an attempt to get up. He moved to the other side of the bed as stood up, he walked over to the dresser and got a shirt, I watched as he slowly buttoned it up and got a drink of scotch.

"Klaus why don't you listen?" I asked aggravated.

"Because that's just me." He said taking a drink. I walked over to him and he grinned, putting the cup in front of my face and raising his eyebrows.

"No I don't want a drink, I want you back in that bed!" I yelled.

He started laughing.

"I'm finally able to walk and first thing you want is sex." He said grabbing my hips.

"That's not what I meant." I said.

"Then what did you mean?" He asked.

"Don't play stupid with me." I said pushing him off me.

He grabbed me and pulled me in, he turned my body around so his chest was against my back. He moved my hair away from my neck. He started moving his hand slowly down my stomach and to the top of my pants. I felt his lips on my neck, then his fangs go into my skin. I wanted to push him away but it felt so good that I just couldn't move. He finally pulled away coughing from the vervain.

"You ass." I yelled.

"I'm sorry but i need blood that isn't vervain infected. And I need to go kill my sister and her beloved." Klaus growled.

"Why! Because she wanted to be happy? She's your sister. You love her Klaus, remember that." I said.

"SHUT UP!" Klaus yelled.

"Why, because you hate hearing the truth?" I asked, cover my neck wound with a towel.

"I SAID SHUT UP!" He yelled pushing me against the wall. My heart was racing, for once in my life I was scared of Klaus. He moved away from me and went over to a statue, he knocked it over and it broke. A stake was inside of it.

"Niklaus! What on earth is that?" I asked.

"This is the only thing that can kill and original. But the thing is this one is indestructible." He smiled then rushed out of the room. I ran out of the quarter, and onto the streets.

I looked to my left and saw Klaus feeding off some incident person. I rushed down the sidewalk and grabbed Klaus's shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I yelled.

"What does it look like?" He asked, wiping the blood off his mouth.

"You're not really going to kill Rebekah and Marcel are you?" I asked.

"Yes, I am going to kill them. Why not? They ruined my life so I intend to ruin theirs." Klaus said.

"You can't kill them Klaus." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Rebekah is your sister, and Marcel, you can't kill him he's like your son." I said.

He let out a chuckle.

"This isn't about Rebekah at all. This is about marcel, isn't it? You still love him, don't you?" Klaus asked.

"No I don't love him, but I care about him." I said.

"Hmmm. Then I guess you don't care if I kill him." Klaus said, then disappeared into the city.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

724K 20.1K 49
Being the last witch of her kind, Lena Ricci has been protected by Rebekah Mikaelson her whole life. And then one day, as the two are having the tim...
73K 2K 18
A story in which a girl who watches TVD dies and wakes up in the TVD Universe, only somethings not right.......... ⚠️DISCONTINUED⚠️
12.8K 179 26
After her one-night-stand with klaus, Katherine Pierce travels to New Orleans unexpectedly what awaits her...
52.3K 1K 14
Elena and Bonnie go to New Orleans to help the Originals! Elena and Elijah reconnect in more ways than one!